UK Riots

• Thread starter Thread starter oja20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 999
  • Views Views 72K
Riots moved to Brixton, I live there, 10 mins from Brixton Road (inner bit of it) where I'd imagine the riots would mainly be. :/

Been at the football and away with some mates the last few days so haven't really commented on it.

But what a farce. One less gang member, drug dealer and dangerous person off the streets, what is their to complain about. If you open fire on anybody then you should be shot so I have no idea why there has been such a reaction. The wife of the man shot says he did nothing wrong and has never had any trouble with the police before then goes on to say he is a great father. I am sorry but what a load of tosh. You can't go around waving a gun about and firing at people but then claim it is ok as you haven't had any trouble with the police before. If he really was a great father then he wouldn't have been in the Star gang and dealt crack cocaine.

As far as I am concerned one less scum off the street.

Riots moved to Brixton, I live there, 10 mins from Brixton Road (inner bit of it) where I'd imagine the riots would mainly be. :/

The riots in brixton are from roving street gangs who were trying to fight at the brixton splash festival eariler on in the day. They looted footlocker

the bastards burnt down krispy kreme. these riots have nothing to do with the guy who got shot now, it's just kids who think they're "bad".

the bastards burnt down krispy kreme. these riots have nothing to do with the guy who got shot now, it's just kids who think they're "bad".

who the **** burns down a krispy kreme?

Been at the football and away with some mates the last few days so haven't really commented on it.

But what a farce. One less gang member, drug dealer and dangerous person off the streets, what is their to complain about. If you open fire on anybody then you should be shot so I have no idea why there has been such a reaction. The wife of the man shot says he did nothing wrong and has never had any trouble with the police before then goes on to say he is a great father. I am sorry but what a load of tosh. You can't go around waving a gun about and firing at people but then claim it is ok as you haven't had any trouble with the police before. If he really was a great father then he wouldn't have been in the Star gang and dealt crack cocaine.

As far as I am concerned one less scum off the street.

The reason they're protesting is because they don't know that he did open fire, they want answers from the police who won't say anything, and now there's meant to be evidence the bullet in the radio was a police bullet it looks likely there was a mix-up from the police but who knows

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I don't know if they burnt krispy kreme, they broke it's windows, they looted tonnes of shops though

The reason they're protesting is because they don't know that he did open fire, they want answers from the police who won't say anything, and now there's meant to be evidence the bullet in the radio was a police bullet it looks likely there was a mix-up from the police but who knows

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I don't know if they burnt krispy kreme, they broke it's windows, they looted tonnes of shops though

The police arent saying anything because its under investigation, as it always is under a police shooting

just found out now that they didn't. many people were saying it last night.

It is under police investigation so they won't comment, that has always been the case. The claims are it came from a bullet that the police use which is easy enough to get on the streets.

People are making this guy out as some kind of angel who was a respected member of the community. He is a known crack cocaine dealer and is known to have carried a gun with him. If you were a good father then that wouldn't be the case.

They loot a HMV, when they can easily get music for free. But they burn down the delicious krispy kreme? Pff, rioters nowadays, no common sense!

They loot a HMV, when they can easily get music for free. But they burn down the delicious krispy kreme? Pff, rioters nowadays, no common sense!

It's OK Joel, they didn't burn it down, you can still have your doughnuts

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

OK, this is what i've just heard from a mate:

"Word on the street is that its going be even worse tonight, With multiple targers predicted around London.
So far im hearing Oxford street, Covent garden, Southgate, Palmers green, Wood green, Barnet, Finchley, Brixton, Hackney, Dalston and a few other places
Going through enfield today i can say the whole town is ruined, so many shops have been looted and the whole place is ******.

Bus's and trains are being cancelled and there are police cars everywhere on the road as London prepares for another night of looting"

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

OK, apparently the media are playing it down too much, everyone is North London is **** scared, there aren't enough police cos they're joining up everywhere, lots of people are leaving their homes for a bit cos people are trashing every everything and breaking homes, this isn't happening now btw, just last night and what's expected to happen this night. This is just what i've heard too.

Hope the police are monitoring Twitter, as that's what they're using to organise all this. The frustrating thing for me is, the police not using rubber bullets. May seem harsh, but god dam they deserve the full treatment. Already I'm hearing the police are being criticised....for what? Not being hard enough, being too hard? What in gods green earth are they supposed to do? Before criticising these brave men and women, how about taking into account one important thing....these are violent, aggressive pieces of excrement, who don't give a flying toss about innocent people, shopkeepers or anybody, and should be treated as such. I want to see the police give them a full workover and stuff what liberal lefty's, or whatever, people say. These scum do not warrant any public sympathy whatsoever. And anyone who has sympathy for them....go and get mental help.

Hope the police are monitoring Twitter, as that's what they're using to organise all this. The frustrating thing for me is, the police not using rubber bullets. May seem harsh, but god dam they deserve the full treatment. Already I'm hearing the police are being criticised....for what? Not being hard enough, being too hard? What in gods green earth are they supposed to do? Before criticising these brave men and women, how about taking into account one important thing....these are violent, aggressive pieces of excrement, who don't give a flying toss about innocent people, shopkeepers or anybody, and should be treated as such. I want to see the police give them a full workover and stuff what liberal lefty's, or whatever, people say. These scum do not warrant any public sympathy whatsoever. And anyone who has sympathy for them....go and get mental help.

Same society that had sympathy for Raoul Moat, what do you expect. :)

I think they're being criticised for being too slow and not having enough security, but frankly its impossible when so many people start something like this, its crazy and so, so hard to be stopped, the scary thought is this destruction can happen so easily, like homes are being destroyed, no doubt some shops will go out of business and just because the group of rioters wanted to.

Why arent the Army (or army reserve) on the streets?

Why arent the Army (or army reserve) on the streets?

Are you joking?

As soon as the Army are called in and use force, the rioters will start to use ziolence, we'd have scenes like that in Ireland and other countries. Is that really what anybody wants? Another thing to consider is how much critism they will recieve, it's a lose lose situation the police, government are in at the moment.

Shop owners and home owners face a lose lose too. They're only allowed to use "reasonable" force to defend their properties/themselves, or they'll face prosecution/jail, but that subject is a ridiculously grey area. I would hope, that in this situation, the grey area is non-existant. If I came across someone breaking into my home/shop and just walked out carrying stuff, you can be dam sure they won't be walking out. They wouldn't be able to walk for a dam long time.

According to the ITV news, there's skirmishes already breaking out too.

Last edited:
Whats scarey about this is, how long is it before brainless idiots around your local area see what we are all seeing on TV and think "I know, lets head down to the local high street and start a riot because the old bill won't do anything" It won't be long in my opinion.

Whats scarey about this is, how long is it before brainless idiots around your local area see what we are all seeing on TV and think "I know, lets head down to the local high street and start a riot because the old bill won't do anything" It won't be long in my opinion.

They wouldn't dare do it on this estate. They'd end up in hospital. Safe to say yobs-sorry scum-are not tolerated in any way around here. People are very proud of living round here and don't want moronic scum ruining it.

Back