UK Riots

• Thread starter Thread starter oja20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 999
  • Views Views 72K
Obviously as soon as the Premiership came into question they decided to stop.

No riots in Coventry, yay! I guess nobody is left http://www.facebook.com/wimduukto get involved hahah. It's ****** empty over the summer, I tell you. Good police presence, though, as well. Really proud of my town!

Last edited:
Everyone focuses on the stupidity and destructiveness of the protesters but is anyone asking why this is happening? It's not just about the murder obviously, that's only a small part of it. I think it's a whole sector of British society that is discontented with a lot of what's going on in the UK now. You have a government that has done a poor job in the eyes of many, mass media that is far too consolidated in the hands of one conglomerate in particular, and a sense of a lack of economic opportunity and a lack of influence in politics. Combine this with the incident and you're going to get people out in the streets breaking **** because they feel they don't have a voice and this is the only way they can be heard. It's very similar to the race riots in the US after the Rodney King incident. All of the white people kept on talking about how terrible and foolish the rioters were for causing damage but that is the result you get when you have a large sector of the population that does not have a voice or place in society. You can't just look to the behavior of the rioters because this type of behavior is a clear indicator of other processes occuring in the society. People should be asking themselves what can we fix in our society so that people don't feel they have to riot to get themselves heard. This kind of behavior doesn't happen everywhere, it's only in places where there are serious problems.

Saw this recently and thought he had some good things to say: London Riots - YouTube

Everyone focuses on the stupidity and destructiveness of the protesters but is anyone asking why this is happening? It's not just about the murder obviously, that's only a small part of it. I think it's a whole sector of British society that is discontented with a lot of what's going on in the UK now. You have a government that has done a poor job in the eyes of many, mass media that is far too consolidated in the hands of one conglomerate in particular, and a sense of a lack of economic opportunity and a lack of influence in politics. Combine this with the incident and you're going to get people out in the streets breaking **** because they feel they don't have a voice and this is the only way they can be heard. It's very similar to the race riots in the US after the Rodney King incident. All of the white people kept on talking about how terrible and foolish the rioters were for causing damage but that is the result you get when you have a large sector of the population that does not have a voice or place in society. You can't just look to the behavior of the rioters because this type of behavior is a clear indicator of other processes occuring in the society. People should be asking themselves what can we fix in our society so that people don't feel they have to riot to get themselves heard. This kind of behavior doesn't happen everywhere, it's only in places where there are serious problems.

Saw this recently and thought he had some good things to say: London Riots - YouTube

No.

Its nothing like the race riots of Rodney King, or the Brixton Riots. This isnt about race, this was opportunism. Nothing to do with a certain sector of society. I came from this sector. I have a degree in Civil Engineering. lots of my friends came from this sector, none of us are looting. You sit on the other side of the pond, i have watched this unfold first hand in my community, I can tell you now there is nothing remotely political about. Dont you even dare to shift the blame with that kind of waffle

end rant

tbf, curtis, half of the kids committing these crimes don't even know what's going on with the Government. All this is, is thier mates messaging them saying "Come down to the shops, free stuff" or words to that effect. It has nothing to do with how the government is doing a shabby job. Most of them are uneducated *****, who have nothing better to do. I don't agree with that.

Similar to the race riots? Really? 6 year olds nicking fishing rods from a store because of racial tension? Primary school teacher arrested and charged for nicking clothes when he's on just over £1000 a month? Riots because of lack of economic opportunity? How can that be when the taxpayers provide them with everything from a damned laptop to a ******* satellite dish?! And the majority of these bastards were working with adults who were in full time employment-they were seen helping them. So when people say its because of the economic climate it is pure and utter bullshit. When people say its similar to race riots its utter bullshit. It's because people have been given so much, they want more. And when they can't have it, they steal it, because they cannot be arsed to damwell go and get a ****** job. And it's obvious the families were egging them on. The police witnessed whole families looting stores. And those families ARE SCUM. If anyone thinks otherwise or gives them jusitication I say to them-STFU.
So it's not just kids that were involved-there were "adults" (fucktard is a term I prefer) and families. And most of them blame the government, because they're crackin down on benefits and they don't like it, because they have to cut the amount of drink and drugs they can afford. So rest assured they'll try to get Labour back in power so they can be guaranteed a nice little earner. If they want their voice to be heard, they do what normal human beings do-peaceful protest or see someone the mp. Not return to caveman times and act like a roving pack of animals.
I just find it amazing that people are actually doint their best to understand these animals. They don't care about you, they don't care about me, they don't care about normal people. They only care, and thrive, on making peoples lives miserable. Thats the only thing they know about-destroying peoples lives. So if anyone says to me they have become disenfranchised, have horrible lives, or blah blah blah I will say to them bullshit. Send them to a 3rd world country so they can see for themselves what poverty really is. They're bastards. Nothing more, nothing less and may they burn in ****.

Im not in England anymore, have the riots stopped or are they still going on

Anyone else hate how the news always picks the stupidest people to interview?

The 68-year old man attacked the other night by rioters has died. Murder investigation underway/

over 1000 arrests now, and nearly 500 convictions already. And the majority of the sentencing is hitting hard

Amazingly Cameron has criticised the police for not having enough numbers out, despite a) no one knew it would explode city wide b) london had as many officers on the street as the whole of the west midlands combined, there were no more extra officers to put out there. Unsuprisingly, Police chiefs want his head

******* Cameron, he does something cool like 'Lets use rubber bullets and ****!', and then he does this.

What an utter ****.

Why didn't he get in his riot gear then, and try and help the force he is royally ******* with his budget cuts. It's your ******* fault we don't have enough police, you ******* moron.

******* Cameron, he does something cool like 'Lets use rubber bullets and ****!', and then he does this.

What an utter ****.

Why didn't he get in his riot gear then, and try and help the force he is royally ******* with his budget cuts. It's your ******* fault we don't have enough police, you ******* moron.

I thought Brown was weak, Cameron is a ******* snake. Despise his smug ******* face. Best bit is when he criticised the hugely outnumbered Manchester police from withdrawing from 1,000 rioters, despite the fact that unlike most other rioters, this group was largely made up of organised and formerly convicted gang members directly looking for revenge against the police... ******* gump.

AFAIK, the benefit legislation hasn't even come through yet, so they've not even been affected. Plus, the cap is still 26k - That's the average household income in the UK, how can they complain?

Anyone who tries to create excuses for their actions are just opportunist left wing politicians (Sup Livingstone) looking for something to pick up on, since despite major spending cuts Labour can still barely pull a lead out with steady Ed at the helm. Ironically, if you're going to argue it's an economic issue, it's as much Labours fault for encouraging a state sponge, free spending society, so when the money dried up people start getting angry. For 12 years government was like a sugar daddy, and we were all their ***** lapping it up, and then when the money disappeared..

The area I live in is classed as socially deprived by the government and unemployment is sky high, most schools under-perform yet I managed to get my self accepted to a pretty good university and course, make your own ******* opportunities and stop relying on state handed down benefits to live your life. Boils my blood hearing lack of opportunities being blamed, last time I checked everyone had the right to free education, if you can't afford college there's still support available. Everybody has the right to start their own business, if you bother to try at either education or at your own business, the only limit is yourself. A self defeating attitude about life, looking for excuses for their failures is pathetic.

Last edited:
No.

Its nothing like the race riots of Rodney King, or the Brixton Riots. This isnt about race, this was opportunism. Nothing to do with a certain sector of society. I came from this sector. I have a degree in Civil Engineering. lots of my friends came from this sector, none of us are looting. You sit on the other side of the pond, i have watched this unfold first hand in my community, I can tell you now there is nothing remotely political about. Dont you even dare to shift the blame with that kind of waffle

end rant

You paid no attention to what I said. I'm not saying the riots were political per se, I'm saying that it's a sign of a society with problems. That's cool you didn't join in the looting but the fact that it happened to begin with should at least prompt people to ask questions about why this is happening. Also, it's not just opportunism, as what about the first people to start doing this? There wasn't the opportunity to loot until after the rioting became widespread. It started off as a protest, which turned into rioting. You're completely ignoring the fact that there was a protest to begin with and that this happened because of the discontent of the populace. Now I'm obviously not condoning the rioting, as it's not a good way to convince people of what you believe in, and I'm not even trying to argue that they are correct in what they are protesting about, I'm just pointing out the fact that all of this is an obvious sign of serious problems going on in London's society. Happy people tend not to riot. If you believe that it was caused by nothing more than the presence of a bunch of morons who were ****** off about the shooting and then got violent about it, than the question you should be asking is why are there a bunch of morons in my society? And why do they resort to violence?

And it is a lot like the Rodney King riots, which of course also had a lot of "opportunists" running around. If you have a lot of people who are ****** off and feel they can't do anything about it, when there is an incident like this they will take to the streets. Which is exactly what happened with Rodney King. It's not political per se, the rioters weren't necessarily consciously doing it out of protest. But my point is that it is a sign that something is clearly wrong. For us it is that there a lot of racial tensions whites ignore and are sheltered from and that blacks in our country feel they don't have a voice, frustration that was bottled up and released in a few riots. And clearly something is wrong in the UK because a well-functioning society doesn't have rioters. Now you can go the Daily Mail route and say it's the culture of liberalism and state spending that caused this, which I don't agree with, but at least they're trying to answer the question. I think that's more productive than everyone sitting around talking about how much better they are than the 'animals.'

tbf, curtis, half of the kids committing these crimes don't even know what's going on with the Government. All this is, is thier mates messaging them saying "Come down to the shops, free stuff" or words to that effect. It has nothing to do with how the government is doing a shabby job. Most of them are uneducated *****, who have nothing better to do. I don't agree with that.

And what about the first people to start protesting? I'm not disagreeing with you, but at the very beginning before the looting started there was no opportunity to get free stuff. It was only after the rioting escalated that the opportunity to loot materialized. So clearly it started off as a protest against something. I'm not agreeing with the rioting or what the protest was about, all I'm doing is pointing out it's a pretty obvious sign of some problems. Even if you think there was no protest to begin with and this is nothing more than a bunch of idiots going around breaking stuff, than why aren't you asking why we have a bunch of idiots in our society that go around breaking stuff? I think it's a pretty important question and people should be discussing it rather than talking about how great they are for not participating in the looting.

Similar to the race riots? Really? 6 year olds nicking fishing rods from a store because of racial tension? Primary school teacher arrested and charged for nicking clothes when he's on just over £1000 a month? Riots because of lack of economic opportunity? How can that be when the taxpayers provide them with everything from a damned laptop to a ******* satellite dish?! And the majority of these bastards were working with adults who were in full time employment-they were seen helping them. So when people say its because of the economic climate it is pure and utter bullshit. When people say its similar to race riots its utter bullshit. It's because people have been given so much, they want more. And when they can't have it, they steal it, because they cannot be arsed to damwell go and get a ****** job. And it's obvious the families were egging them on. The police witnessed whole families looting stores. And those families ARE SCUM. If anyone thinks otherwise or gives them jusitication I say to them-STFU.
So it's not just kids that were involved-there were "adults" (fucktard is a term I prefer) and families. And most of them blame the government, because they're crackin down on benefits and they don't like it, because they have to cut the amount of drink and drugs they can afford. So rest assured they'll try to get Labour back in power so they can be guaranteed a nice little earner. If they want their voice to be heard, they do what normal human beings do-peaceful protest or see someone the mp. Not return to caveman times and act like a roving pack of animals.
I just find it amazing that people are actually doint their best to understand these animals. They don't care about you, they don't care about me, they don't care about normal people. They only care, and thrive, on making peoples lives miserable. Thats the only thing they know about-destroying peoples lives. So if anyone says to me they have become disenfranchised, have horrible lives, or blah blah blah I will say to them bullshit. Send them to a 3rd world country so they can see for themselves what poverty really is. They're bastards. Nothing more, nothing less and may they burn in ****.

I'm going to address the bolded part first. I find it hard to believe you actually think we shouldn't even try to understand what's going on...usually when bad things happen we try to understand why. The people that don't try to understand and simply write it off as the actions of lunatics or animals I think are counter-productive. After 9/11 the general attitude was that the terrorists were cowards or lunatics and there was no desire from anyone to try and understand the motivations behind their actions. I think if people took that step the war on terror would have been fought very differently. You can't fight your enemy if you don't understand him.

This is very similar to the race riots, not only because it was kicked off by the same type of incident involving a (alleged) police brutality. See what I wrote above.

Again I'm not justifying their actions, which you implied, I'm pointing out the obvious fact that something is wrong or else you wouldn't have looters. And that goes for whatever your views on the situation are.

At least you are trying to articulate some sort of reasoning behind this (the welfare state) although I don't think it's a very plausible explanation. There are plenty of other countries out there struggling with the same issues yet they aren't resorting to looting, some with a more robust welfare state than the UK. If you think it's simply the fact that you have a bunch of "animals" in London that like to break things, than the question you should be asking is why are there a bunch of "animals" in London that like to break things?

Curtis, to start with it erupted in London because some scumbag was shot for waving a gun around, and could have possibly killed an innocent member of the public. It started off a general protest, then a load of hoodrats decided to join in and cause violence. Which then promoted every youth gang member to get involved. How can an 11 and 12 year old gang member be looting for political reasons? Have a word pal. It then, as described by every police force up and down the country that this has become copycat violent scenes. It wasn't to do with the blokes death in London, his own family admitted that, it was because they looked at the situation and thought they could get thousands of pounds worth of goods for free. It was the power they had over the police and the public, thinking they could get away with it? What about the 20 year old Malaysian student who looked like he was being helped up after being attacked, then robbed? I suppose that was for political correctness aswell.

The riots happened because of the scumbags in this country thought they was clever. The police have done a fine job over the last few day. The police are hitting them.. and hard!

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

I'm going to address the bolded part first. I find it hard to believe you actually think we shouldn't even try to understand what's going on...usually when bad things happen we try to understand why. The people that don't try to understand and simply write it off as the actions of lunatics or animals I think are counter-productive. After 9/11 the general attitude was that the terrorists were cowards or lunatics and there was no desire from anyone to try and understand the motivations behind their actions. I think if people took that step the war on terror would have been fought very differently. You can't fight your enemy if you don't understand him.

I dont think you needed to understand the reasons why such a sick man, killed thousands of innocent people. Are you saying you should have asked question before killing the ******?

Back