UK Riots

• Thread starter Thread starter oja20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 999
  • Views Views 72K
Anyone hear Kay Burley earlier? Saying the police were heavy handed? Sums up media corporations for me. The word Bollocks springs to mind

I used to like Kay, being from Wigan and all, but after that :(

Kay Burley is shockingly bad. How she hasn't been sacked yet is a modern wonder.

The only outlet that has spoken absolute sense is (and I know some people slag them off) is Talksport. Been absolutely superb with the coverage, and they've allowed opinions from all sides. How some of the presenters stayed so calm with some of the **** they were talking though supporting the rioters is beyond me. Total Kudos to them. That's why it's the only station I listen to

I still think the best video is this:

[video]http://t.co/SdbQu7D[/video]

Girl 1: "It's the Government's fault..."
Girl 2: "Yeah - the Conservatives"
Girl 1: "Yeah, or whoever. I dunno".

And the best bit: "We're showing the rich we can do what we like". Mhmm - that's why you're burning down Croydon and Hackney is it? Smooth.

Last post on the matter as you have all obviously lost it and think it is fine to hit a teenager who has surrendered and poses no obvious threat.
The guy stopped his bike, jumped off, stood still and raised his hands. The "hero" then hits him with the club(needed? considering we havent seen him doing anything and neither has the "hero" who is coming from the other side of town)
Why am I being accused of being a criminal? Is it a crime to think the police shouldnt be above the law?

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Na, the people in my county (despite being in a much worse economical condition) have enough sense to not destroy what is left of it.

----------

Away to watch the match that hasnt been called off.

The only reason he stopped his bike is because he knew he was caught, If he was a few bikes ahead he would have made a break for it no doubt about it, We can't comment on it because were not living in the country where it is happening but I have being watching the police having to just stand their and take abuse and stuff throwing at them the last few days and its about time they fought back, a gang of youths out in a town that has being looted at night in tracksuits on bikes, If they weren't looking for trouble they would have being in their homes.

More from Wolverhampton Superintendent Mark Payne on Twitter:

"The people in custody are not social revolutionaries, they are criminals after a new pair of trainers or a better watch"

Gotta Love this guy

Twitter

"The people in custody are not social revolutionaries, they are criminals after a new pair of trainers or a better watch"

Gotta Love this guy

Twitter

He speaks the truth.

Gotta Love this guy

Twitter

And a bit more that made me laugh:

"Still no problems in Wolverhampton, it has just started raining. Should help, strangely enough they didn't steal any umbrellas"

Twitter

Seriously become a huge fan of this guy, the one time i havent hated twitter. Concise, no nonsense and USEFUL information

‎6 and a half foot plank thrown through shop window in Tottenham. Police say Peter Crouch is recovering well.

8 users viewing and no update in 3 hours. Nothing really happened in my city so i'm guessing it's just as calm elsewhere? :)

Must be quiet, Sky News is showing CBS News for the first night since Thursday.

Quiet round me, series of crackdowns earlier sent the cowards running. In an area where the relations police and locals are often tense, there is a lot of warmth between community and police

Good to see the police have got on top of things. Maybe all the thugs saw the youtube video of those kids getting beaten by police.

Good to see the police have got on top of things. Maybe all the thugs saw the youtube video of those kids getting beaten by police.

A good number experienced it up my road. Think they assumed the police were going to contain like on the second night. Thought wrong

Finally the scum of England may be retreating back to their little holes. Shame that there still walking as they should all have their legs broken and sterilised, useless ******* ***** draining the system dry and then riot because "there being seen as scum, so they can act like it"

Must be because the Scots police went down, when they sense trouble they just attack the people. Thats what England needed.

Back