Uni

• Thread starter Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 251
  • Views Views 17K
oh i do History at Teesside the course is quite good, quite interesting.

Though tbh i don't think the degree in History is worth as much as it would be probably in say Manchester.

Hehe, thats exactly what I'm doing :D. You should go for Manchester Ad if you get accepted, it pwns. Though they don't do any modules on the Nazis which I know you love so much ;).

Reason I've got so little hours this term is I have a module, 20 credits, which is just one big essay, 6-8k words, so technically I'm supposed to do lots of research for that where hours for other modules would fall :P.

Hehe, thats exactly what I'm doing :D. You should go for Manchester Ad if you get accepted, it pwns. Though they don't do any modules on the Nazis which I know you love so much ;).

Reason I've got so little hours this term is I have a module, 20 credits, which is just one big essay, 6-8k words, so technically I'm supposed to do lots of research for that where hours for other modules would fall :P.

How many hours do you do usually in uni? ..which one do you go to anyway..i'm not sure if i've asked or not?! lol

I've got an exercise that has to be in next week researching holocaust denier website and and a site dedicated to the holocaust and look at the differences etc..then i have two essays due in at the end of february. :(

He goes to Manchester, as said before :P.

Hours in uni, i have loads.

this term i have 8 hours a week, and weds and thurs off.

ive not got my timetable yet, well theres a timeable for all classes but cba finding out my module code to find out when my clases are

last semester i was in uni every day, but i cudda had fridays off but i chose to hav a tut on that day, 2 tutorials actaully..in a row :( i was drunk when i signed up for one of them though :P Wednesday was prob worst day, up at 9 for lecture then tut at 10

Up to now I've generally had 7/8 hours a week, now its gona be 4/5 this term :)

Yeh 'exactly what I'm doing' meant in reference to your History at Manchester quote :P

ive got 4 modules of 2 hours each again this semester , pretty simple!

Up to now I've generally had 7/8 hours a week, now its gona be 4/5 this term :)

Yeh 'exactly what I'm doing' meant in reference to your History at Manchester quote :P

haha oops! i clearly wasn't reading properly. :D

haha that's mint! i do 9 hours a week at uni which i don't think is bad, i have Thursday's and Friday's off now...ahh. :)

ive not got my timetable yet, well theres a timeable for all classes but cba finding out my module code to find out when my clases are

last semester i was in uni every day, but i cudda had fridays off but i chose to hav a tut on that day, 2 tutorials actaully..in a row :( i was drunk when i signed up for one of them though :P Wednesday was prob worst day, up at 9 for lecture then tut at 10

Lol!!! that's terrible! :P

meh your Wednesday seemed better than mine! I have a seminar 9-11 and i have the most boring teacher ever..she likes to go into the sources in fine detail..it's seriously hard to keep awake.

I got told off the other day in a different seminar for nodding off constantly to sleep. hehe I think i should have energy drinks before my lessons ..hmm. 8-)

got 9oclock monday morning is **** and dont finish til 5. on tuesday got a lesson at 10 and a lesson at 3 which noone is going to turn up too

Got my application for accomodation from teesside through the post today...looks confusing-ish. Been accepted at Nottingham too. woop.

:D I prefer the Russian history tbh. You know - the revolutions and that ;)

:D I prefer the Russian history tbh. You know - the revolutions and that ;)

oo well the only bits of Russian History here at Teesside (or atleast on the History course i'm doing!) you learn about Tsarist Russia, Totalitarianism in the USSR, Soviet foreign policy in Cold War Europe, Collapse of Communism, and the Communist state in the USSR and Eastern Europe in the 1950/60's...though it's incredibly brief!! You do different event in History each week!

Though i've just been given my option event for second year theres no modules on there for that..it'll probably change for you..but i'm not sure. lol

Got my application for accomodation from teesside through the post today...looks confusing-ish. Been accepted at Nottingham too. woop.

Should put King Edwards square down for no.1 choice. It's about 30 seconds walk from the building where the majority of your classes will be if u come to Teesside.

oo well the only bits of Russian History here at Teesside (or atleast on the History course i'm doing!) you learn about Tsarist Russia, Totalitarianism in the USSR, Soviet foreign policy in Cold War Europe, Collapse of Communism, and the Communist state in the USSR and Eastern Europe in the 1950/60's...though it's incredibly brief!! You do different event in History each week!

Though i've just been given my option event for second year theres no modules on there for that..it'll probably change for you..but i'm not sure. lol

pffft i've never done owt Russian, would love do shiz like that! Mind you am gona write a big essay on the start of the Cold War this term so sure i'll do some stuff on them

Should put King Edwards square down for no.1 choice. It's about 30 seconds walk from the building where the majority of your classes will be if u come to Teesside.

Sweet. Are they any good? Know anyone who's staying in KE?

is that the new ones sean?

they look pretty swish from the outside and the niche blue light at night oh yeah!

it is still in boro though which negates it a bit but meh!

Sweet. Are they any good? Know anyone who's staying in KE?

They looks very pretty from the outside. Inside they're not too bad. They're all 3 floor terraced houses. I've only been inside one of them and it seemed alright, plenty of room etc..

is that the new ones sean?

they look pretty swish from the outside and the niche blue light at night oh yeah!

it is still in boro though which negates it a bit but meh!

No the new ones arn't run by the Uni I don't think. KE Square is a row of terrace houses just inside the Uni's main gates.

pffft i've never done owt Russian, would love do shiz like that! Mind you am gona write a big essay on the start of the Cold War this term so sure i'll do some stuff on them
Really?! What aspects of History do you learn about on your course?

Ooo i like the Cold War. Good subject! I did about that as part of my A level History exam, Were studying it next week in my seminar too! :)

A-levels was mainly Germany/Italy an Britain. Uni modules I've done so far have been a massive range, all kindsa random shiz, Roman Empire, Early Modern Europe, Britain in the 20th century. Generally there's **** all about ****'s and the Soviets etc because they say its generally done to death at GCSE and A-level, which is usually right. Quite a few unis say that.

Back