I started a new save with Stoke City(pred. 10th) and has been doing just great! :)

Here's my results so far:

cc11.png

cc22.png

For some reason this tactic isn't working very well for me. I used the Paragon tactic with Stoke in my first season and it worked great, ended up 2nd in the league.

Now in the current season (2nd) with this tactic, I am about 20 games in and sitting 10th, very inconsistent results. I seem to concede allot of goals from a wide cross to an unmarked player at the back post. All of my team fit the required stats on the filters.

Does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks,
cdc1287

I'm a little confused, should I use the mirror version or the other when playing normal mode?

For some reason this tactic isn't working very well for me. I used the Paragon tactic with Stoke in my first season and it worked great, ended up 2nd in the league.

Now in the current season (2nd) with this tactic, I am about 20 games in and sitting 10th, very inconsistent results. I seem to concede allot of goals from a wide cross to an unmarked player at the back post. All of my team fit the required stats on the filters.

Does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks,
cdc1287

Dude, read this TFF's post, it might be useful ;)

Mate, there's no such thing as "second season syndrome" and your results easily might be worse in the next season than your results in the current season even if your team is improved in the next season.

The weaker your team and the more challenging your competition, the more random your results will be.

Let's say there are 20 teams in the league and you manage a team that is predicted 15th and if you use a good tactic that allows you overarching above your media prediction then I'd say you might finish the season in this range from 1st place to 10th place and these factors will have impact on your result:

1) The difficult level of the competition. The higher reputation a completion has, the more challenging to play and overachieve in it.

2) Luck.

If you play with a weak team that has about 15th media prediction in any low reputation leagues then with some average luck you probably will finish the 1st place or at least in top 2 but if you play with a weak team that has about 15th media prediction in any high reputation leagues such LIGA BBVA or English Premier League then probably with some average luck you'll finish only in top 5 and that's how the game works.

Imagine, that you were playing in some high reputation league and were extremely lucky and that allowed you to finish the 2nd place with your team that had 15th media prediction so after that many FM players start to think if they slightly improve their teams in the next season then they just must win the league or at least easily finish the 2nd place again and when it doesn't happen then it causes great frustration but their false expectation is the root of all evil. ;)

Usually, if you played in the most challenging leagues such LIGA BBVA or English Premier League with a weak team that had media prediction about 15th and you used a very good tactic and had some luck that allowed you to finish the 2nd place then the best what you can do is strengthen your team to have media prediction about 10th in the next season and this mean that your range for the next season will be about from the 1st to the 5th place and if in the next season you finish the 5th place then it's still a very good result for your team that were predicted to finish 10th but many FM players get frustrated when they finish 5th place after they finished the 2nd place in the previous season because they don't understand how the game works and it really doesn't matter what place you finished in the previous season and the only what matter is your media prediction in the current season and your place in the current season compare to your media prediction...

Mate, I suggest that you'll take all what I wrote above into consideration when you evaluate your results and make any conclusions.

In summary:

When you evaluate your result you should look at 3 things:

1) The reputation of the competition you play.

2) Your media prediction in the current season.

3) Your result in the current season.

The most common mistake that many FM players make is that they look at their place in the previous season when they evaluate their result in the current season.

Also many FM players wrongly think that if they were able to win some low reputation league with the weakest team in that league then should have the similar success using the same tactic in any high reputation league but that's a very wrong thinking because the difficulty level in the low reputation league drastically differs from the difficulty level in the high reputation league and AI mangers in the low reputation league are so poor that they use poor tactics and they aren't able to exploit weaknesses in your tactic.

I'm a little confused, should I use the mirror version or the other when playing normal mode?

I think that the mirror version can be handy for those people who play with IR if you don't use IR then use the regular version

Away games

Hey guys

I was wondering if you change mentality or instructions for away games for this tactic.

Appreciate the help !
Thanks

Hey guys

I was wondering if you change mentality or instructions for away games for this tactic.

Appreciate the help !
Thanks

I don't change anything :)

sometimes, I use the Waste Time from the Paragon thread when I need hold on lead

My first season with Stoke City done :)

I won the league and FA Cup

fs11.png

fs22.png

fs33.png

Any ideas where i can sent South American players to get fast work permits

can you elaborate a bit? :)

Edit: NVM I got it

Edit2: Belgium, Poland and Spain (3 years to get work permit)

Last edited:
Any ideas where i can sent South American players to get fast work permits

The sout american players takes 2 seasons (730 days) to get the spanish nationality if they are playing in any league of there, in the worst case you can sign him and send it to spain and in two years you can play him aswell as he develops, i always sign Jhon Arango at the start of the save and when he come to my team just loan him to a spanish club for 2 seasons, his CA its of 90 and its potential ability its of -9 when he has the spanish nationality he is aroung 130is CA so he can contribuite in my team and still can develop much more.

can you elaborate a bit? :)

Edit: NVM I got it

Edit2: Belgium, Poland and Spain (3 years to get work permit)

Spain its 2 years for south american as they get the spanish nationality. in case of brasilian the also need to learn spanish but just requires a basic level.

Thats what i was thinking m8 if i can loan him out to a club to get a work permit and play for the club as well he should develop at the same time
when i play in Premier league i usually loan the players with the option that they can be recovered when ever i want. You can offer every 3 months a new contract that it will automatically make a request of work permit, aswell as by default you can ask for a work permit every 3 months so in real you can ask for 2 work permits every 3 months, so every 1.5 months. it shouldn't be much deal for getting the work permit.

Hi, om only playing the touch version on iPad, would love if someone shared team instructions and specific player instructions so i could try out this tactics as soon as possible.

Hi, om only playing the touch version on iPad, would love if someone shared team instructions and specific player instructions so i could try out this tactics as soon as possible.

you can check it yourself, just install FM16 Demo to your PC or laptop

Last edited:
Back