Btw, I've got update for Overload version. Probably I upload it today or tomorrow. I'm getting very solid performance boost with it. ;)

OVERLOAD VERSION HAS BEEN UPDATED

Guys, I recommend update it because I'm getting very solid performance boost with it. This baby is on fire! ;)

Last edited:
Brilliant!

I tried Unreal now for HJK in finland, got fired after 13 games after winning only 2 ><.

I totaly wrecked morale by trying a new aproach, the Magath style :p

I wish they could make the game so that you can actually be an agressive manager, ad punish players for 5.something rating in a match without them whining in media and want to be transferlisted...

Morning,

Sorry that I haven't skim all the pages, but up to page 19th I couldn't find Individual Training Focus for all players. Where is it?

Here's a dlilemma about choosing players based on attributes:

Player A has 17 matching attributes out of 18, however the attribute he doesnt match up on is a massive 7 points lower than the recommended one

Player B has 11 matching attributes out of 18 but all of the attributes that don't match up are only 1 less than recommended

which player is the best to choose ??, are we looking for the player with the most matching attributes regardless of how low the attributes that do not match are. Or are we looking for players that attributes are only 1 or 2 points from recommendation even if its all of them. If you could let me know which player you would choose and why it will be a big help

Player A has 17 matching attributes out of 18, however the attribute he doesnt match up on is a massive 7 points lower than the recommended one

Yup, 7 points difference is massive but need to know what attribute is it and what position you are going to play him.

If you could let me know which player you would choose and why it will be a big help

Show screenshots of their attributes.

Or are we looking for players that attributes are only 1 or 2 points from recommendation

There're 2 levels: "minimal" and "optimal", it's big difference to be 1 point away from "minimal" or "optimal" level.

Last edited:
Yup, 7 points difference is massive but need to know what attribute is it and what position you are going to play him.

Show screenshots of their attributes.

Sorry it was just an example to get a feel of what is important, i will try an explain it another way

Player A would only show up in a player search if you Decreased the minimum value of all attributes, using the adjust button, 7 times, so you would never see him even though all but 1 attribute matches the recommendation.
Whereas
Player B would show up by decreasing the minimum value by just 1, so by searching this way, player B might look the better player, even though only 11 attribute conditions match the recommendation.

However if you decrease the number of matching attribute conditions by 1, then player A would show up first and vice versa

what my question is, is it best to search for a player with more matching attribute conditions, even though one or two attributes might be a lot lower. or a player who has less matching attributes but with all the values 1 or 2 points lower.

This isnt about specific players, its about trying to find the best way to search for them, :)

OVERLOAD VERSION HAS BEEN UPDATED

Guys, I recommend update it because I'm getting very solid performance boost with it. This baby is on fire! ;)
bump ;)

This isnt about specific players, its about trying to find the best way to search for them, :)
The filters by default are not set for "optimal" and "minimal" levels, they are set for average between "optimal" and "minimal". You can tweak whatever you want.

I find the best way to search players is configure filters for "average" level and if you found some players then inspect them and choose the better one and if you hadn't found any players then easy match condition by 1, and so on... till you find someone.

Of course, if Player A has 2 attributes only less by 1 point and Player B has 1 attributes less by 7 points, it’s better to choose Player A :)

bump ;)

The filters by default are not set for "optimal" and "minimal" levels, they are set for average between "optimal" and "minimal". You can tweak whatever you want.

I find the best way to search players is configure filters for "average" level and if you found some players then inspect them and choose the better one and if you hadn't found any players then easy match condition by 1, and so on... till you find someone.

Of course, if Player A has 2 attributes only less by 1 point and Player B has 1 attributes less by 7 points, it’s better to choose Player A :)

who the would you choose as being the best (baring in mind i am playing as Rangers in the SPL)
View attachment 337506
Or
View attachment 337505

i am also using your player filters version 11 :)

i was thinking Maffeo might be slightly better ?

i was thinking Maffeo might be slightly better ?
Yes, I also would chosen him but there's a big problem... he doesn't have rating for MR position at all but you need it for Overload version, and it could take about 1.5 season for him to get "Competent" rating for it.

If it was my decision I would choose Oduro :)

they are both almost equally crappy :p so it's really hard choice. ;)

Last edited:
If it was my decision I would choose Oduro :)

Yes, I also would chosen him but there's a big problem... he doesn't have rating for MR position at all but you need it for Overload version, and it could take about 1.5 season for him to get "Competent" rating for it.

they are both almost equally crappy :p so it's really hard choice. ;)

this is why its difficult to pick players :D, ive ended up with these two because Oduro was bought the previous season using a different filter system, and Moffeo was the next best player i could get on loan with affordable wages.

Ive got to say though, even with these poor players, using the new versions of the tactics i am top of the SPL and also beat Benfica 5-0 in Champ Lge group stages :D

View attachment 337498

it wasn't so easy as i thought, but it's very nice to win. especially, when i had very big problems with my strikers - Falcao scored 16 goals until march and then boom... since march to the end of season only 2 goals... terrible form in second half of season. RvP had 3 months injury, so he didn't play too often. Roo was a good replacement, but nothing special. anyway.. we scored a lot and lost very few in comparison to other teams. goald difference is massive :).

very, very nice tactic m8. i had big fun with mixing those 3 tactics/scenarios during matches :). thanks for it!

very, very nice tactic m8. i had big fun with mixing those 3 tactics/scenarios during matches :). thanks for it!
The overload version with latest tweaks has become more deadly. It’s very nice to have such weapon in your pocket. In my latest season it helped me win about 30% of matches. ;)

Last edited:
Okay. So a bit of background on the game I'm playing at the moment.

I started the game with Stoke. After a fairly unsuccessful transfer window, I ask for more money. The board refused, and I leaked it to the press. After a heated board meeting, I lost my job. Only played about 4 games. Outrageous.

In January, I joined Sunderland, a team who had won just one game, bottom of the league, huge injury problems, for some reason Poyet had sold the majority of the defence, and spent millions on shocking young players.. no wonder why they were bottom.

With this tactic, I managed to clock up 6 more wins (bearing in mind that I had a SHOCKING team), including wins against, Man City, Everton and Swansea. Unfortunately, a shocking end to the season saw Sunderland relegated, missing safety by just 4 points.

I begun to rebuild in the championship, buying sensibly, and selling some of the overrated players I had. I did not use Unreal in the championship however, as I lacked the depth and the quality necessary - particularly in the wing back positions. I finished top of the league, lovely.

Since promotion, I (again) wasn't backed by my board, and was only given 3 or 4 million to spend. Some great signings later, and I was ready to start this season and battle relegation. Time to use this highly rated tactic!

Okay.. It's now 19th March, I've played 31 games.. and we sit.. 3rd. INCREDIBLE. We've won 21, drawn 3 and lost 7. We sit just two points off of the top of the league, so it could.. it COULD happen.

Again.. bare in mind that we've only spent 1.7 million this season.. This tactic is amazing. We've beaten United, Everton, City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool this season. I was expecting a tough season!!

I will say, we win the majority of our games by 1 goal, and we usually concede - but that's because I lack any world class players. Also, my goalkeeper has had a fantastic season. (Koen Casteels, in case you were wondering).

HOPEFULLY, this season will finish well.. and we can finish in the top four. I think we will. Win the league? Phwoaaarr.. our fixtures remaining are against Hull, Chelsea, Tottenham, Utd, Everton, Newcastle and Norwich. Might be too big a stretch. :/

Still.. imagine what we could do if I actually get financial backing next season!!

Just started using this with Oxford City (Premier League Skrill South) and won every friendly so far.

Also using it in an online game with FCP, I only just upgraded from Fm13 where I had tried to use Arrigo Sacchi tactic (seen elsewhere on this forum) which worked fantastically in FM13 but since the 4.3.1 patch it has become utterly useless sadly (as I liked the tactic and the roles it used). It was painful even to the extent I got completely dominated by a second tier korean side!

With FCP using other tactics I lost or 0-0 drew all my friendlies, switching to this in my first game I managed to dominate a much better Inter side (though somehow lost the game 1-0 thanks to an outrageous performance for their keeper).

Since then I won every pre-season game including a 7-1 win over one of my feeder teams. Unfortunately drew the first game of the season against Estoril 1-1 after going ahead in the first half then have two players sent off just after half time! Even with 9 men I managed to keep the score at 1-1 by reverting to the waste time version (and adopting a kind of 2-3-2-1 formation).

I bounced back in my second game of the season (CL qualifier) vs Palathanikos with a 4-0 away win. GREAT! Will keep this updated as I progress.

I am using 4.3.1

bump ;)

Total Football Fan,

Without critcising your tactic, with its amazing success some might get a little bored with the level of involvement (as we dont even set oppo instructions), and the game might become little more than buying the best players to suit the formation.

Can you enlighten us with some detail of how you tweak your tactics (as I know you must do sometimes since you update the versions). How do you go about making a change? Do you notice certain things while watching a game and say "I should change X players closing down instruction to less because he is leaving too much space behind" for example?

What I am looking for is a more involved level of play but without resorting to my own complete dogshit tactics!

Okay. So a bit of background on the game I'm playing at the moment.

I started the game with Stoke. After a fairly unsuccessful transfer window, I ask for more money. The board refused, and I leaked it to the press. After a heated board meeting, I lost my job. Only played about 4 games. Outrageous.

In January, I joined Sunderland, a team who had won just one game, bottom of the league, huge injury problems, for some reason Poyet had sold the majority of the defence, and spent millions on shocking young players.. no wonder why they were bottom.

With this tactic, I managed to clock up 6 more wins (bearing in mind that I had a SHOCKING team), including wins against, Man City, Everton and Swansea. Unfortunately, a shocking end to the season saw Sunderland relegated, missing safety by just 4 points.

I begun to rebuild in the championship, buying sensibly, and selling some of the overrated players I had. I did not use Unreal in the championship however, as I lacked the depth and the quality necessary - particularly in the wing back positions. I finished top of the league, lovely.

Since promotion, I (again) wasn't backed by my board, and was only given 3 or 4 million to spend. Some great signings later, and I was ready to start this season and battle relegation. Time to use this highly rated tactic!

Okay.. It's now 19th March, I've played 31 games.. and we sit.. 3rd. INCREDIBLE. We've won 21, drawn 3 and lost 7. We sit just two points off of the top of the league, so it could.. it COULD happen.

Again.. bare in mind that we've only spent 1.7 million this season.. This tactic is amazing. We've beaten United, Everton, City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool this season. I was expecting a tough season!!

I will say, we win the majority of our games by 1 goal, and we usually concede - but that's because I lack any world class players. Also, my goalkeeper has had a fantastic season. (Koen Casteels, in case you were wondering).

HOPEFULLY, this season will finish well.. and we can finish in the top four. I think we will. Win the league? Phwoaaarr.. our fixtures remaining are against Hull, Chelsea, Tottenham, Utd, Everton, Newcastle and Norwich. Might be too big a stretch. :/

Still.. imagine what we could do if I actually get financial backing next season!!
I also was very impressed when I finished 4th with Norwich City in first season! And It was even more impressive when I won EPL in second season! I never thought such success can be achieved so fast :p It's just amazing tactics set! ;)