UPDATE 13.1.3 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

3d simulator is inaccurate. Always have been, always will be. They fixed some of that with latest patch, but many flaws are still there. Also, I now find FM too easy lol.

"the steam servers are too busy to handle your request for football manager 2013 error code (55)"

tried for 3 days now and I'm still getting the same god **** error!

Reading through this thread, I gotta say that I don't get the harsh criticism that the moderators get. They are here to answer questions and give feedback on FM 13 related topics, not defend the game from people saying that it's **** now and too difficult (or too realistic?). I honestly think that the game is still too easy at times. I have overachieved in all the seasons that I've played before and after the patch and I'm still not 100% comfortable with the ME. So many other users on this forum manage crazy good results already their first season, like winning the league with teams like Southampton and QPR. No matter how good your tactic is, that is obviously not something that would happen IRL, so saying that this game is too difficult honestly just shows that you're not ready to put in the necessary hours. And there is nothing wrong with that! So suggesting that playing FIFA Manager or FM12 might be a better option is clearly good advice!

The same goes for the tactic section. I have never downloaded a tactic in my life (and never will, beacuse I don't expect SAF to call Arsene Wenger asking if he has any good tactics against top teams away from home :p) but I really enjoy reading the threads for inspiration as there are so many smart football minds in this forum! It's interesting to read the feedback as well, because it seems to vary a lot, from praising the creator as being the true mastermind of world football to some idiot who doesn't know what he/she is doing. Giving constructive feedback I assume is welcomed because it can make the tactics even better, but how people have the nerve to slam the people who spend hours making tactics for others is beyond me. It's like having your friend play FIFA for you because he's better than you, and then critising him for losing :).. this is beyond me, and being a moderator/tactic creator on this forum surely is an ungrateful job.. I am surprised that people don't get the fact that there is no unbeatable tactic in this game and surely no tactic that will work for every team! That is also what makes this by far the greatest FM ever created, and even though its not 100% yet it is so much better than FM12!! You actually have to think when playing FM13, not just having other FM-players do all the work for you..

The game is in need of another patch, hopefully around Christmas, but that is not going to make the game any less realistic (far from it!!), so people struggling with it now can just as well find another game to play or start playing the game the way it's meant to be played! With dedication to winning games and a realistic approach. That starts with looking at what you can do better, not what SI/FM-Base members and moderators are doing wrong...

Well after spending 5 huors on creating different tactics at weekend finally I have 3 that seem to be promising. Managed to beat Arsenal on opening day of season 201 with my Blackburn team, they only managed 1 shot on target which ironically went in but at least I restricted them to long range efforts. After watching carefully the latest update has seemed to improve defenders positioning and dont always seem to run around like headless chickens for me no more. So far since the latest patch so good now =)

any1 finding it harder to create chances since the update?
im only having about 6-10 shots each game now and the board are complaing that im not playing attacking football
even tho im joint top with city lol!

any1 finding it harder to create chances since the update?
im only having about 6-10 shots each game now and the board are complaing that im not playing attacking football
even tho im joint top with city lol!

Same for everyone, SI said that would happen in the patch notes. It's not ideal but for now it'll stay like that (probably to preserve the overall balance).

This game is abysmal. Literally evey pass the opposition makes goes through. FM 12 was superior in every aspect. The ME in this game is an embarrassment

I get extremely ****** off with the ME even if I actually win most games.
That aside, it's a great improvement over last year^^

This game is abysmal. Literally evey pass the opposition makes goes through. FM 12 was superior in every aspect. The ME in this game is an embarrassment

Is there a chance you're the one who's 'abysmal' rather than the game?

For any of you frustrated with the match engine, wwfan on the SI forums has posted these useful guidelines:

A Twelve Step Guide towards Playing FM13 & Understanding the ME

Whatever you think about the ME, you should really take his advice on board. He understands the ME better than anyone. It'll give you a better understanding of how to translate real life football logic into FM tactics.

If you're playing really wide with guys who have low anticipation thats your problem...

Before the update I was maybe hitting 16-25 shots per match only 4 or 5 long shots, My team were playing nice football obviously still seeing some bugs like the needless spinning around and playing certain players hitting stupid amount of long shots if they had shoots from distance PPM, Now after the update played about 10-12 games and only 2 times have I hit over 10 shots the most being 12 the majority being long shots, It's like they have just forgot how to play football and can't play through the Defence quite annoying, so was just wondering if anyone has seen this and do SI know about it or if it is only my game oh and my Keeper has all of a sudden became a moron haha.

Diving bug/Suarez

was watching my game a few moments ago and saw this strange little incident.. not sure what happened, the defender was several metres away from my player...

[video=youtube;c6_K148hcGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6_K148hcGU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Before the update I was maybe hitting 16-25 shots per match only 4 or 5 long shots, My team were playing nice football obviously still seeing some bugs like the needless spinning around and playing certain players hitting stupid amount of long shots if they had shoots from distance PPM, Now after the update played about 10-12 games and only 2 times have I hit over 10 shots the most being 12 the majority being long shots, It's like they have just forgot how to play football and can't play through the Defence quite annoying, so was just wondering if anyone has seen this and do SI know about it or if it is only my game oh and my Keeper has all of a sudden became a moron haha.

Shots are lower than usual in the update, they already knew this, but its fine in the context of the update, as the ratio of good chances hasnt fallen, but it will be addressed.

It could just be you, or some issues could be bugs but there is no way to know without analysing your approach. If you could create a thread based on this http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/108429-help-threads.html it would be really helpful for us to look at it in more detail.

Any video uploads would be really useful too.

I have to admit I'm playing better football after the patch. But it would be unfair to judge without seeing what you are doing.

I managed about 13 shots against Arsenal which was quite good considering I was playing quite defensive. I have noticed though what they do need to sort out is job security, I was untouchable up until the end of season then it dropped back to secure. How can you go from untouchable straight back to secure?

I managed about 13 shots against Arsenal which was quite good considering I was playing quite defensive. I have noticed though what they do need to sort out is job security, I was untouchable up until the end of season then it dropped back to secure. How can you go from untouchable straight back to secure?

Secure is pretty good isn't it? It's possible that you made some excellent transfers which helped your job security to untouchable. After a while, these items disappear from the confidence screen and I presume their influence goes with them. Or something similar.

Shots are lower than usual in the update, they already knew this, but its fine in the context of the update, as the ratio of good chances hasnt fallen, but it will be addressed.

It could just be you, or some issues could be bugs but there is no way to know without analysing your approach. If you could create a thread based on this http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/108429-help-threads.html it would be really helpful for us to look at it in more detail.

Any video uploads would be really useful too.

I have to admit I'm playing better football after the patch. But it would be unfair to judge without seeing what you are doing.

I played a few more games after giving that A Twelve Step Guide towards Playing FM13 & Understanding the ME and I have got back to playing the way we were in fact some of the football we are playing unreal it just looks sexy ha, The ME is miles better than FM12 just because of some the football you see minus a few bugs like some Keeper and Defensive decisions which we concede goals from making the scoreline less flattering although I know we outplayed them.

Not so much a complaint but more of a query but is there something up with the team talks nearly every game either before or after when we win and I praise them I always have 1 or 2 either get unhappy, switch off, lose focus etc..?

I know it could be my reputation but been at the club a good while with a decent rep and I am some of those players favored persons.

I played a few more games after giving that A Twelve Step Guide towards Playing FM13 & Understanding the ME and I have got back to playing the way we were in fact some of the football we are playing unreal it just looks sexy ha, The ME is miles better than FM12 just because of some the football you see minus a few bugs like some Keeper and Defensive decisions which we concede goals from making the scoreline less flattering although I know we outplayed them.

Not so much a complaint but more of a query but is there something up with the team talks nearly every game either before or after when we win and I praise them I always have 1 or 2 either get unhappy, switch off, lose focus etc..?

I know it could be my reputation but been at the club a good while with a decent rep and I am some of those players favored persons.

In fact ignore that last part, Fixed it I have just been blindly passionately praising the team for 1-0 wins and 2-0 wins etc while not playing the best football apparently i missed step 10 in the guide ha ha, Seriously though if anyone is struggling give that guide a read it really helps a lot and stop expecting to win every game because it doesn't happen in real life.

I am now really enjoying FM again minus some of the GK, DEF decisions sometimes

I think they should release in September next year so we can get a proper game by Christmas, lol.

the new match engine is so much better now some of the football played is just awesome, it still has some flaws obviously specially in defence but itll be fixed, theyve come along way from first release keep up SI!!!