UPDATE 13.1.3 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

With people complaining about all the detail.. It is suppose to be a Football Manager simulation. Detail is in football management.

If you don't like detail go play FIFA or FIFA Manager.

Even with the new update I am still really finding to get any enjoyment out of this new version of FM. I don't want to spend hours pouring over tactics. I preferred the approach in the earlier versions of plugging in a set of tactics - tweaking every now and then.

The fun for me is in recruiting the players and seeing the team rise up the league when your new striker puts in 40 goals.

I have played footie manager/champ manager for years but I am on the verge of falling out of love with it now.

I have scored only 8 goals in 16 games with the new update version database and in too many matches the opposition scores in the last minute or the opposition keeper has the game of his life.

I totally get the arguments about the game being more realistic that you have to constantly change your tactics to suit the opposition but it is a computer game - real life is entirely different.

I just want the old FM back, but I fear that it has gone for ever and evolved into something that can no longer be enjoyed but endured.

I totally get the arguments about the game being more realistic that you have to constantly change your tactics to suit the opposition but it is a computer game - real life is entirely different.

It's a simulator. It's designed to be as close to real life as possible. If you want to just buy loads of players and score 8 goals a game, go play FIFA Manager.

It's a simulator. It's designed to be as close to real life as possible. If you want to just buy loads of players and score 8 goals a game, go play FIFA Manager.

I hate when people get high and mighty trying to perceive themselves as superstars of FM and belittling others who have a criticism of the game...

Could you not be a little but more constructive instead of being cunty?

I'm just bothered with the defense and GK running around like idiots and conceeding ridiculous goals xD

I hate when people get high and mighty trying to perceive themselves as superstars of FM and belittling others who have a criticism of the game...

To be honest, myself, GC and loads of others have tried to be constructive and have NEVER belittled others because of criticism. The ones who have been "belittled" are the ones who have raged about the game and have not taken onboard advice that other people have given them-they simply cannot be bother to be patient unlike others. I've seen it quite a bit lately and there have been a sizeable number of dickpoles-I've been given abuse of a few myself and basically they can go do one. If they don't listen-meh.

But back OT, he does have a bit of a point. Buying all the best players in no way guarantees immediate success. It can actually backfire if people don't allow a team to gel. There are people who are clearly not suited for the game, as it's a lot more realistic than previous versions-people wanted it. If people do find it too hard, they do forget there is other game modes available that make it much less complicated.

To be honest, myself, GC and loads of others have tried to be constructive and have NEVER belittled others because of criticism. The ones who have been "belittled" are the ones who have raged about the game and have not taken onboard advice that other people have given them-they simply cannot be bother to be patient unlike others. I've seen it quite a bit lately and there have been a sizeable number of dickpoles-I've been given abuse of a few myself and basically they can go do one. If they don't listen-meh.

I can understand that point of view... I had it pretty easy until my 4th season things got sticky and I couldn buy a win for me personally some people have genuine issues which isnt their fault and thats why I made that comment... Iv seen one too many comments from general users making statements about "play this game if you cant play this one" which I feel are a bit righteous... May be I acted a bit too swiftly but those comments irk me a bit...

I had huge issues in my 4th season which were a combination of my strategy and crazy ME mistakes... Iv since rectified this insofar as I can win games but some silly things still happen and Im not playing how I want to play but my team is back on the road to success... What Im trying to say is this game is still in its infancy and people attacking each other with "your advice was stupid and pointless" or "dont play this game you're clearly **** at it" is getting to breaking point...

We are all being real cunty with each other and soon anybody who needs real help wont get it... I like to figure things out myself but I hit a road block at one point the other night and when I turned to this board in shame I didnt get one ounce or hint of how to sort things out...

But back OT, he does have a bit of a point. Buying all the best players in no way guarantees immediate success. It can actually backfire if people don't allow a team to gel. There are people who are clearly not suited for the game, as it's a lot more realistic than previous versions-people wanted it. If people do find it too hard, they do forget there is other game modes available that make it much less complicated.

A very valid point and put across well. Like you said, I think people just expect to buy alot of players and expect instead success, it doesn't work like that IRL and certainly wouldn't work in a football management simulator that is designed to represent real life. I have been playing champ man/fm since day one and yes I admit the complexity over the years has made the game more of a challenge but that is part of taking the game to the next step. The problem is you can't please everyone, making the game not too easy/hard is a challenge in itself for SI.

Even with the new update I am still really finding to get any enjoyment out of this new version of FM. I don't want to spend hours pouring over tactics. I preferred the approach in the earlier versions of plugging in a set of tactics - tweaking every now and then.

The fun for me is in recruiting the players and seeing the team rise up the league when your new striker puts in 40 goals.

I have played footie manager/champ manager for years but I am on the verge of falling out of love with it now.

I have scored only 8 goals in 16 games with the new update version database and in too many matches the opposition scores in the last minute or the opposition keeper has the game of his life.

I just want the old FM back, but I fear that it has gone for ever and evolved into something that can no longer be enjoyed but endured.

Like me FMC is for you. I'm using a bog standard tactic creator 4-5-1/4-3-3 (whatever its called! DM-MC-MC-AMR-AML-ST) and its doing well. No need for team talks, opposition intructions, factoring in ******* wind conditions or the coriolis effect! My results aren't determined by having to attend press conferences or by Wayne Rooney becoming angry because I had the cheek to praise him for scoring a hattrick in the last game! Just good old simple gaming. Buy players to suit the tactic, win matches, win trophies then repeat. Thank you please

Who said anything about being a superstar of FM?

I'm perfectly willing to listen to criticism of the game, but I'm only as constructive in my response as they are in their criticism, and only constructive at all when their criticism is actually valid.

When people criticise the game - a SIMULATOR - for being TOO realistic, it really irritates me. What the **** are SI meant to do? Make it less realistic just for the whims of the few, sacrificing one of their biggest goals in realism?

My suggestion was valid. If he wants a game which less realistic - and let us not beat around the bush here, that is what he was asking - his best bet would be to go and play FIFA manager, since I have the kind of feeling even FMC might be a bit too realistic for him. That's all there is to it.

My suggestion was valid. If he wants a game which less realistic - and let us not beat around the bush here, that is what he was asking - his best bet would be to go and play FIFA manager, since I have the kind of feeling even FMC might be a bit too realistic for him. That's all there is to it.

May be you're right...

is it less crash now with the new patch?

the new patch any good? any body still experiencing crashes

TQ

A new skin was uploaded automatically. Is this related to the update? Looks pretty good, but I have to get used to it

Hi,
how can i know if my game is updated or not?
Maybe i should find these numbers, but i dont know where? [PC: 334797 ; Mac: 334795]
Cheers :)

Hi,
how can i know if my game is updated or not?
Maybe i should find these numbers, but i dont know where? [PC: 334797 ; Mac: 334795]
Cheers :)

wen u have your game loaded up go to game status in the fm menu and you can see your version like this
View attachment 285057
you should prob be able to tell its bein updated or not just by watching a match or 2 as ur players will actually do things proper now lol

Read through the list, didn't see anything about them fixing players determined to shoot from a dead angle instead of passing/crossing. I'm so tired of players running diagonally towards goal, angling out away from the keeper and shooting when they would have to break the laws of nature in order to score.

Yes there is, the part where "Tried to increase number of crosses slightly"

attacking

I had this against Juventus a few moments ago, I did win 2:0 which got me through to the next round on away goals :)

Fletcher had settings to finish this off, he was in the perfect place to finish it but yet he decided to turn his back on the goal and play it off to someone else...

[video=youtube;AuRbu0vXo0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuRbu0vXo0g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Then Rooney played in a great through ball for Jadson who was 1v1 on the keeper and he just stopped running completely and the defender picked up the loose ball and cleared it.. (takes too long to upload video's so never recorded this one)

There are a few things I have now picked up on ATTACK! Defending is still good for me though!