UPDATE 13.1.3 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

It could be worse. You could, like me, just have heard you'll be having to work late the next two weeks to finish a project -- but but how will Villa win the Champions League now?

sorry to hear that mate. i havent been getting much game time either. work from 9 to 6 and am youth football coach at a local club, used to have practice 2 nights a week but just got promoted so now i coach 3 nights a week plus game on weekend. i've managed to play 2 friendlies the last 3 days on my wolves save :( although as you rightly said, it can always be worse! at least i still get to coach some football, even if not in the game. but my players aren't as obedient or disciplined as in fm :p for anyone that thinks FM is hard, try managing sixteen 9 year olds each with a football for an hour and a half, and all you've got to help you is a whistle!! i have developed the patience of Mother Teresa

I struggle a bit to describe why, as I'm sure some of it is romanticized by the passing of time. But it is the last time I really enjoyed it. Most of my mates I grew up with have it as their favourite as well. I guess I'd have to say it was (at the time) the best mix of detail and playability. Detail has grown immensely, but in my opinion playability has been left behind years ago.
(I could probably also draw in the lack of "negative" incidents that are now gone due to libel etc which gave it a more real feel, but that would probs be a whole other topic (loved that hidden code). I understand it, but i detracts from gameplay. I mean you can go through a season now without Joey Barton throwing a hissyfit)

As to why I play it - well I grew up with this game. I've played it since I was 14-15. Since Tommy Johnson from Derby was THE player to get once the game loaded up, when you'd play with Newcastle for Lee Clark, Robert Lee, as they'd just trashed Swindon 7-1 irl on the telly. I left it in 2007 due to what I've described earlier, but always keep an eye out for the reviews I guess. To give it another go.

Thanks for the answer. I wasnt having a go when I asked, just curious because they are such different games. The single biggest problem with FM is the lack of accessibly and clarity with documentation. They need something tike TTF '10 again, but official and bit smaller. I agree about the more "negative" things, they can only occur with regens now.

You don't have to talk to me as if I'm a 12 year old ******, I know how SI work and I've put in my fair share of bug reports with PKM's on their bugs forum over the many editions I've played. And there's nothing rose tinted about my experiences with FM12, as I had a lot of issues with it (such as the ineffectiveness of wingers). However, what it certainly didn't do was produce as many glitches in player behaviour as FM13, due to years of polishing. And that's exactly what kills immersion in FM13, the fact you can win or lose a game by a few random moments in stead of winning or losing it tactically.

Hardly spoken to you like a 12 year old. Firstly the bold applies to both FM12 and FM13, and pretty much any FM. secondly of course it isn't as polished, the last one had 11 patches (not including development) over 3 iterations of FM. So to say SI have lost the plot when its still incredibly early in the cycle makes no sense.

Thanks for the answer. I wasnt having a go when I asked, just curious because they are such different games. The single biggest problem with FM is the lack of accessibly and clarity with documentation. They need something tike TTF '10 again, but official and bit smaller. I agree about the more "negative" things, they can only occur with regens now.

Yeah fella, no offence was taken either. Appreciate responses. :)

Yeah fella, no offence was taken either. Appreciate responses. :)

01/02 was detailed but you could jump into it still. Because it was still relatively basic. The problem now is that you have all this detail, which is the right way to go imo, but no way of jumping in unless you already know what you are doing, or you visit the forums. In fairness to SI/wwfan they do admit its a big issue. Hopefully some sort of official "how to" will appear for future versions.

had a chance to play a few games now and i have to say, ive givin SI alot **** about the ME but apart from a few defensive flaws still there its gone from complete and utter **** to absolutly brilliant, the players runs/movement/passing everything is so good now and 99% of the goals scored actually look realistic keepers are finally saving **** 2!!!

GJ SSSIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are still a few probs with match engine which is annoying me in my last 3 league games with millwall my keeper has come out to take a cross under no pressure and then all of a sudden 1 of my centerbacks comes charging behind him and heads the ball clear when its easier for the keeper to catch the ball

what is your keepers command of area/communication/aerial ability stats??

he has decent stats for championship so didnt understand why my cb was doing that

Can anyone help with my tactics, basically since 13.1.3 I cant buy a win. I was playing the Mr Hough wingbacks formation and it has flopped post patch, so I switched to the 271 pav counter, that was LLLLL aswell.

I am in a network mode with a few mates and amazingly just got the Chelsea job from birmingham on that back of awful results and no promotion. I am looking to build a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 with a dm.

What if anything works on this new patch, anyone had any success? help fast or roman will have me out the door. (tips/advice/downloads wanted)

he has decent stats for championship so didnt understand why my cb was doing that

keepers programming is still a bit of, SI are sure to be looking into it..

on a brighter note, thank you SI for not having to redo team talks to each player you sub in! It saves the exact team talk you used if you go back and make a few changes then confirm.

not sure if you know what I mean by that but it used to irritate me on Fm12.. nice job!

Can anyone help with my tactics, basically since 13.1.3 I cant buy a win. I was playing the Mr Hough wingbacks formation and it has flopped post patch, so I switched to the 271 pav counter, that was LLLLL aswell.

I am in a network mode with a few mates and amazingly just got the Chelsea job from birmingham on that back of awful results and no promotion. I am looking to build a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 with a dm.

What if anything works on this new patch, anyone had any success? help fast or roman will have me out the door. (tips/advice/downloads wanted)

Wrong section. Should really post your question here:

What Tactic Should I Use on FM 2013?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...657-awesome-amc%99-raikan007.html#post1632831

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ease-read-before-complaining.html#post1630341

there are too many things to mention mate, where are you going wrong? are you trying to play the same way you did in Fm12? if you are, you not going to win much :)

its a whole new game, whole new approach, whole new animal Fm13 :) love it!

I have won 11 games in a row, lost only once so far this season as well :) (using the above tactic of mine and my new one I am working on)

manage the team, act like a real manager, think like one!

No i played my own 451 (aml/amr) in fm 12, narrow, attacking, high line etc, worked fine, while others used that hazza download. FM 13, was about wingbacks, still attacking, but slow play...now I have no clue what to do as the patch isn't working on all 8 of my different tactics.

untill this patch came out i was considering putting fm12 back on......! but now the players are doing what i want when i want and except the keeper thing i mentioned earlier im now loving the game

Am I the only one encountering issues in defence since this update? Before the update with my Blackburn team I was sitting in 4th place happily, having beat the likes of Man U 2-0, Liverpool 2-1 and Arsenal 1-0, also getting a nice 1-1 draw away to city however since the update my defence now seems to be conceding anywhere between 2 - 4 goals per game. Im still scoring however my better strikers are now missing more clear cut chances and my centre backs have a tendancy to hold onto the ball for too long even though they are set not to hold up ball. I have now dropped down to 9th having struggling now against the lower teams which I should really be beating.

Ive got all day tomorrow to myself and tonight when the missus is alseep so im going to look at my tactics and spend some time trying to sort out my defence. May try work on a stopper/cover partnership and have a normal line rather than pushing up. I have noticed improvements over my goalkeeper now not trying to dive att he ball when its going well wide

Well managed to turn my team around when I got home from work, ended up finishing 7th in prem with Blackburn, since this patch I had to create a new set of tactics from scratch as I kept conceding too many. Now gone with 2 up front I ended the season strongly. Conclusion though its not the update thats failed me, its my fullbacks, they are ****