the amount of good players transfer listed on the end of first season and throughout really is ridicules!!!
also how do you play short corners in this year's version? they seem to fix the goal kick issue but i cant work out how to do short corners,, set a play come short and the corners to short doesn't do it !!! got all my players back or lurking outside the area and they still kick it in the box straight to their defenders!!

Anybody knows when the new patch with Jan transfers is getting released?

How will you even know? If you just rely on the negative opinions of others you'd never buy any game ever again.

And this game was definitely playable before. Don't kid yourself.
I would rather rely on opinions of others than give one forth of my monthly salary and experience FM13 all over again. 3D is ****, match engine has some major flaws. Even conversation with players are sometimes terrible. Yes, game is playable, but it has it's issues.

this is why i wait for around six months before buying every new game. gives them a chance to iron out any bugs, although with this one i think itll be closer to a year. even though it says saved game compatible, ive had to start a new game because my season was wrecked by the crazy things the game did. fingers crossed this patch is better or ill go back to fm12 which was great
Not to mention random crash dumps, run time errors, 'the save game couldn't be loaded' errors.

Im getting random crashdumps after a game when it's processing, I would do anything for anyone to tell me how to fix this, as I am the leading host of an Online Game and it's only been happening since the update, and we have to end up playing our fixtures once or sometimes twice due to this, it's an absolute joke. Thanks in advance to any help, I would really really appreciate it!

Bar the occassional crash dumps, the new patch has sealed the deal. This is the best FM to date and I'm thoroughly enjoying every minute of it.

Bar the occassional crash dumps, the new patch has sealed the deal. This is the best FM to date and I'm thoroughly enjoying every minute of it.

Oh dear, expect waves of abuse now. It doesn't seem to be the done thing to heap praise on it. :D

ive read mjost of this thread purely because i noticed the same thing happening in my game...im real madrid for the last 7 seasons....i have probably the strongest squad in the spanish league and since the update happened my team seems to have fallen asleep...i was easily scoring 130 goals per season in the league..but there are some blatent issues im noticing with the new patch..

1. start of the match team talks have very little effect unlike they used to!
2. the game has very few incidents (i play with "key moments") in the match engine.
3. i havent changed my tactic as it was working perfectly fine with neymar grabbing over 35 goals a season in the league and now he hardly seems to touch the ball as a single striker (Poacher)
4. the matches are dull and boring compared to old patch.

i have no problems with the patch but it seems like these issues are quite common or something similar anyway..is it me? is my formation no longer adequate? or am i missing something?

Help anyone!

Oh dear, expect waves of abuse now. It doesn't seem to be the done thing to heap praise on it. :D

I don't see how things could've got worse after the update, it's not possible.

SupaShiz, I think it might be time to rethink your tactic...

i'm done.

the football being played is better but i'm getting so many injuries i don't see how this is supposed to be fun.

Ive noticed the injuries seem very excessive, not sure if its the patch or im just unlucky.

This update is a complete joke! Not that the game was great to begin with but somehow they have made it worse!!! The tactics I used no longer work and all that seems to happen is my centre backs miss headers all the time and end up costing me games. Any news on when we can expect 2014 as this is a shambles...

minus all the injuries i got i've actually found this patch to be the most enjoyable to play so far. defenders are actually aggressive when they need to be and make good challenges, through balls/nice crosses from deep/little over the top through balls are being played for some nice assists, players actually score from set pieces but it's not over the top, and good headers of the ball seem to find the back of the net a lot more now or maybe giroud's just a beast.

i also haven't seen that many defensive errors, maybe 3 or 4 which resulted in a goal. but none of them ever resulted in me dropping points.

i'm actually doing well with arsenal in the first season as well, but all the injuries i've gotten have really started to take it's toll and now my starting XI consists of first team players who are sitting at 85 - 90% fitness and random players from the reserves that no one wanted to take on loan. jovetic getting sidelined for 4 months was the last straw and now i can't be bothered playing anymore. hard to enjoy the game when i'm left with a broken squad on the verge of collapse.

dunno if it's the patch but i've never had this much trouble with injuries before. 3 or 4 players were all out at the same time for 2 to 4 months each on top of players picking up knocks every other game.

Last edited:
I have crash dumps all the time --
Had the same issue. Un-installed the game, deleting all settings, left only with my files (skin, portraits, tactics, etc). Then install again and patch - now everything is fine!

That stuff is ridiculous, really.. I'm glad it worked for you, and thanks. It just should not happen in the game--!

Had the same issue. Un-installed the game, deleting all settings, left only with my files (skin, portraits, tactics, etc). Then install again and patch - now everything is fine!

Its not just the frequency of injuries during a match and training that seems excessive but the severity of the injuries. Its like having a team full of Woodgate's, Dyer's, and Van Persie's :S

Can someone explain what is going on with all the defensive errors please? I never normally moan I just make the best of things but I can't handle all these defensive errors. Is it tactical or is it a match engine? I've tried different teams and even loaded up a real madrid game just to see if it was the quality of player I was dealing with but as you can see Ramos and Casillas making very uncharacteristic errors. I'm not losing every Game or anything like that I just find it very odd and frustrating here is the video any feedbaack welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UYwIo2hqro

Its not just the frequency of injuries during a match and training that seems excessive but the severity of the injuries. Its like having a team full of Woodgate's, Dyer's, and Van Persie's :S

Is Darren Anderton your fitness coach? :)

last two emails (top 2)

Weiss comes back from 3 week injury, 20 minutes later injures himself again, out for another 3 weeks.. Fun times!