To be honest I'm relieved the animation kept to a minimum. Like already mentioned not only is it unneccessary, but due to animations being so advanced these days, my ancient laptop wouldn't be able to hack it and I'd be stuffed and be an even grumpier old man

That's happened before the patch. That's happened in real life.

That's happened before the patch. That's happened in real life.

When has that ever happened in real life? I'm honestly curious.
I'd expect the game to be called off at that point, matches have been called off for far smaller reasons..

As a long time fan (and a quite experienced user, if I might say so myself) of FM, I've kept playing 2012 until now. Just ordered my FM 2013 yesterday, and I'm looking forward to get the new FM experience with (most) flaws ironed out :D

To the complainers (about the need for patches overall, and the game being "unfinished"), this is my view: If you'd try to tell any other game developer/game project group to develop a new game every 12 months, what do you think will happen? A new, flawless game would just pop up every year? Personally, I don't think so...
I'm just another football fan, combined with a gamer (and a manager, in my fantasies ;)). I would like nothing better than to have a perfect, brilliant new game every November (or so). But I'm realistic enough to see, that's not gonna happen. So, I wait. And in January/February every year, I have that game.

I'm just sayin', if you really like the previous version and enjoy your saves, try waiting another three months before getting the new game. Might just save you a lot of unneccessary rage-quitting, crushed keyboards and other frustrations.

As a long time fan (and a quite experienced user, if I might say so myself) of FM, I've kept playing 2012 until now. Just ordered my FM 2013 yesterday, and I'm looking forward to get the new FM experience with (most) flaws ironed out :D

To the complainers (about the need for patches overall, and the game being "unfinished"), this is my view: If you'd try to tell any other game developer/game project group to develop a new game every 12 months, what do you think will happen? A new, flawless game would just pop up every year? Personally, I don't think so...
I'm just another football fan, combined with a gamer (and a manager, in my fantasies ;)). I would like nothing better than to have a perfect, brilliant new game every November (or so). But I'm realistic enough to see, that's not gonna happen. So, I wait. And in January/February every year, I have that game.

I'm just sayin', if you really like the previous version and enjoy your saves, try waiting another three months before getting the new game. Might just save you a lot of unneccessary rage-quitting, crushed keyboards and other frustrations.

Not only do you save money on the game being a reduced price, but those ****** keyboards cost £50 each ;)

And if anyone is thinking SI should team up with EA, please stop.

I shudder to think what would happen to this game if that were to happen they anally raped mass effect!

I've only ran one tactic since the patch but anyone noticed alot more defensive error goals from the back pass could just be purely tactical I'll run a different tactic to see but just curious about everyone else seems like every other game a ridiculous back pass that clearly isn't on gets made, interception then goal

Last edited:
this patch is unplayable. it is not even funny, look at this:

View attachment 311122

have my 4 players injured after all 3 substitutes are made :(

Sorry mate. It is funny from the other side. :)
Good luck defending the 0-2 score line.
You still have 30 mins until the final whistle.
You could conceded/injured more. :p

Liking the new update, bit of a gripe that deep freekicks are still absolutely lethal

When has that ever happened in real life? I'm honestly curious.
I'd expect the game to be called off at that point, matches have been called off for far smaller reasons..

He needed one more to get sent off / injured. If you have fewer than seven players, the match is abandoned, according to FIFA rules.

To be honest I don't know what you were doing using all your subs when you have Fletcher and Vidic in your team :p Alright, that is pretty freakish, but it's just that, a freak. I thought I was pretty boss when I successfully held a 2-1 lead despite being down to 8 men for 15 minutes (one injured, one sent off, Louis Carey second yellow for complaining about the sending off - idiot). How did the match end?

what is up with the hating of Fifa? Am I missing something here?

I think it is much better than last years version.. I know I am a little off topic here :)

what is up with the hating of Fifa? Am I missing something here?

I think it is much better than last years version.. I know I am a little off topic here :)

FIFA 13 was an absolute bug fest, surely you knew? It was even reported to Watchdog and trading standards.

FIFA 13 was an absolute bug fest, surely you knew? It was even reported to Watchdog and trading standards.

I had no clue (also no clue what Watchdog is either)

I shall do a bit of research now :)