UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 366
  • Views Views 75K
Seems like the Russian version hasn't been updated yet as I haven't got any notification about it.

Hey guys has anyone noticed if the ridiculous amount of long shots are back? Played a game against ICT and they hit 20 long shots in the game so I saved it reloaded and played that game again they then hit 15 long shots maybe it's my or their tactics as i like to restrict team to long shots but only the 5th game i have played since the hotfix.

Not a complaint haha just wondering if other people have seen the same?

This^, ruins my game

Some of the things that bother me since the update...

-retarted goalkeepers walking around dribbling the ball outside the area.

-defenders clearing the ball when they're not under pressure.

-midfielders passing the ball back to the keeper from midcourt even when you're one goal down in injury time.

-players with good passing and creativity skills don't play the "obvious" pass to the unmarked player in front of them, instead they passing to someone else resulting in loss of possesion.

-wingers in very dangerous positions inside the area instead of trying to play an assist to the striker in the center they want to win a corner off the opponents legs. (reminded me of last years match engine)

-players with decent ball control need to travel 10 to 15 meters to control a pass (usually going backwards to avoid opponents coming their way, which kills most of the counter attacks)

The Main problem for me is the Runtime Error which has been caused by the latest Update, making networking Impossible, Not allowed to view each others games because the game crashes, Also the Insane slowness of match day games when we both have decent computers.

Hope for a Hotfix soon.

Hey guys has anyone noticed if the ridiculous amount of long shots are back? Played a game against ICT and they hit 20 long shots in the game so I saved it reloaded and played that game again they then hit 15 long shots maybe it's my or their tactics as i like to restrict team to long shots but only the 5th game i have played since the hotfix.

Not a complaint haha just wondering if other people have seen the same?

Long shots are marginally higher in game than in real life, by about 4-5%. And overall shots are slightly too high, so then if you are restricting them to long shots, they will probably take a lot. What would be interesting is if you could keep an eye on the crossing game of such teams.

i dont understand why my CBs are all of a sudden closing everyone down everywhere, regardless of tactical instructions.

Its infuriating to watch both CBs sprint out to the touchline to close down a winger, as well as my DLP and a FB. So there are 4 players frantically attempting to close wingers down (directly contradicting their instructions) pretty much constantly. And yet, the opposing team doesnt do the same. at least with the crossing in the old patch, both teams could score from it.

Plus, all of a sudden my goalie is TOTALLY retarded. watched two balls bounce off a post (after my CBS were out of position) hit my goalie in the back (artur borac, who perviously hadnt conceded in 346 minutes and then conceded 6 at home, then 4 at hoe, then 4 at away, to sides lower in the prem) and then just stand there for multiple seconds while the other team runs onto the ball and scores.

Set Pieces have also gone a bit bonkers. I EXPECT to be scored upon on corner kicks now.

disappointing. I was previously very happy with where the game was.

How do I thank si for all their hard work?Since the update 3 games played goals resulting from suicidal back passes 7.Before update played about 250 matches and I couldn't recall one of these events. cheers.Buying a new car next month, I wonder if it will come without a steering wheel or breaks or doors or seats and then over then next few months they will add these parts to my car, they won't fit tho, but eventually they will deliver the correct parts only for new model to released 2months later.....Shocking absolutely shocking!

Just feeling like SI have had a massive **** on there fans with this years game and the hot fixes is masquerading there ******* epic failure

Just feeling like SI have had a massive **** on there fans with this years game and the hot fixes is masquerading there ******* epic failure

So a developer releasing hotfixes and working tirelessly to improve their game is '******** on their fans'.

You know, sometimes I think SI just shouldn't release any patches at all. Ever. Because then people wouldn't complain about the game being 'unfinished' when in reality it is a finished game, but they're just working to improve it.

SI offices with Miles - "Well done team on FM 2012 biggest selling PC/Strategy selling game of the year, but were spending too much of are profit on game development sooooooooooooo im going tooooooooo let go of the game development team because times are hard and were in a desperate situation with the recession and all that, so welcome bubbles, Cheeta and Mr. Teeny as are new game development team! Am sure they will do a fantastic job on FM 2013 as MY match engine has been in development for 2 years.

tbh I would love it more if the games match engine viewer could be switched to a wall of text with the mathematics of what happens rather then having to view it.

'#9 receives ball. 14+13 (descions, Creaitivty) decides to Shoot for goal. 14+13+15+16 (Finishing, Composure, Decisions, Technique) vs Keeper rating of 20 + shot difficulty of 12 = Goal

might make it too cheaty though. Think people need to understand that the Game engine doesn't clarify a close miss or an insanly bad miss. It just calculates the miss. the 3D represents a miss that is horrible.

This game can't be FIFA or PES with it's 3D engine. It's too much mathematics going behind the scenes to be able to do that effectively.

WOW!! Dumbness personified! {GodCubed} "So a developer releasing hotfixes and working tirelessly to improve their game is '******** on their fans'.You know, sometimes I think SI just shouldn't release any patches at all. Ever. Because then people wouldn't complain about the game being 'unfinished' when in reality it is a finished game, but they're just working to improve it." If it's a finished game in reality? then why would they be trying too improve it lol, reality is SI have released a unbelievable amount of "hot fixes" this year because the match engine is very poor! NOT i repeat NOT Patches! You call yourself GodCubed?

Last edited:
For anyone who doesnt like the match engine or what ever else in this game then dont ******* play it im so sick and tired of hearing these ******* **** stories personally i think its fine.Just my opinion.

well dont ******* comment on this post then if your sick off it! Im sick of people defending it when it's a very poor match engine! JUST MY OPINION!

Last edited:
i just dont understand why they messed with this match engine on xmas eve when the game was perfectly fine, it was enjoyable and thats all that matters, now its just a bore fest with more watching the timer go by than actually seeing football being played, they shoulda just left it how it was and concentrated on the january transfer patch and done alot of reserch on players stats.

i just dont understand why they messed with this match engine on xmas eve when the game was perfectly fine, it was enjoyable and thats all that matters, now its just a bore fest with more watching the timer go by than actually seeing football being played, they shoulda just left it how it was and concentrated on the january transfer patch and done alot of reserch on players stats.
Did they tinker with the match engine on 24/12? what did they do u know m8,doesnt seem really that different to me still decent at least....

yes they nerfed shooting accruacy, heading accuracy , slowed down anyone running with the ball and the likly hood of that player actually running with it in the first place, just sucks simple as, been playing champ since 97/98.

Back