UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 366
  • Views Views 75K
So by that account, the company that released Skyrim, Oblivion and any other company that have released games, should be utterly ashamed too? They too have released numerous patches/hotfixes to improve the game. When are people going to accept the simple fact, that SI are not the only people who do this sort of thing? It's ridiculous. I'm not going to go on about because to be frank, I'm sick to the back teeth of mentioning it, but there is not one game that has been released on the 360 OR the PC that has not had a patch/hotfix released to improve gameplay experience.

If you're happy to accept that then thats up to you.

I dont care if there are 1 or 100 different companies doing it. I work with a lazy, work shy cretin who is awful at his job - am i going to do the same because he gets away with it.

However people construct their posts, SI require this feedback on the game otherwise how are they going to improve the quality of the release for next year customer feedback is vital -however completely meaningless comments from you are utterly pointless.

ill be frank - based on the volume of comments ive sat reading tonight how you can claim that the releases are improving the games is laughable when quite clearly BASED ON THE FEEDBACK its regressed once again.

If you are sick to the back teeth dont say it. Coming on here and shooting down people who have played the game and experience problems on a product they have paid for adds value for no one. As poor a version of the game i believe this to be im sure SI review all the feedback people post.

I dont care if there are 1 or 100 different companies doing it. I work with a lazy, work shy cretin who is awful at his job - am i going to do the same because he gets away with it.

However people construct their posts, SI require this feedback on the game otherwise how are they going to improve the quality of the release for next year customer feedback is vital -however completely meaningless comments from you are utterly pointless.

ill be frank - based on the volume of comments ive sat reading tonight how you can claim that the releases are improving the games is laughable when quite clearly BASED ON THE FEEDBACK its regressed once again.

If you are sick to the back teeth dont say it. Coming on here and shooting down people who have played the game and experience problems on a product they have paid for adds value for no one. As poor a version of the game i believe this to be im sure SI review all the feedback people post.

Actually that isnt quite true either. As lots of people believe its gone forward, and lots of feedback is hyperbole on both sides.

And what they actually require is constructive feedback, which they make quite clear on the forums. As in which specific areas feel need work.

Merely saying its regressed/its great is no use to them at all. Something they point out on the feedback thread repeatedly.

As an aside, your calling his views meaningless, but then also say he shouldnt shoot people down. If their comments are valid, then so are his.

i see the ones that think this patch has improved the game saying things like you have to adapt your tactics and so on, my tactics are not the problem!!!i dominate my matches i have over 30 shots at goal, the problem is i watch more of the timer than actual football being played, i dont see enough chances or goals and its just a big masive bore fest.

How are my comments meaningless?! I've also submitted bug reports to SI. I've always stated when there's flaws/bugs in the game. And my points are meaningless are they? Really? The game has not improved at all? I hardly think so, so don't even bother with that. It has improved. When it first came out, it was flawed and bugged, I acknowledged it, and all us fellow "fanboys" (and other pathetic comments) admitted. And we all know it still has flaws. And if I want to say it, I shall-but unlike other people I keep it constructive, so I shall. Which is why it is called a FORUM. Everybody who plays this game has posted on SI about bugs and flaws.

And tbh if you work with a lazy work shy cretin you should do the decent thing and see if you can get that job given to someone who wants to work and who isn't a cretin.

Rant over

Bang on. I made a huge mistake of sticking to my gameplan, and not properly taking in what the hotfixes would do to the matches (which for me is admittedly rare). I stuck to it after the patches were applied and my god I paid the price. I was slaughtered (as demonstrated by my story). Yes some parts of my plan were improved via the fixes, but I failed to recognise what effect it would have in other areas of my approach. Safe to say I've learnt my lesson.

Imo it's pretty dam realistic. yes there are still a few little issues-but they'll be sorted sooner rather than later then it'll be pretty dam realistic in terms of a football management game

I think the attacking is relatively solid, defend still a bit behind, in terms of proper team pressing, winger tracking back, and CM engagement, too few interceptions and too many tackles as a result. In terms of core structure still a bit to go.

Fired up FM12 to have a comparison recently, its not even close to FM13. Less buggy for sure, but actual ability is way off.

i think its ppl like you reporting every little so called bug or glitch yous find that make the game ****, they should have only have in house game testers, not some nobody fanboys.

I think the attacking is relatively solid, defend still a bit behind, in terms of proper team pressing, winger tracking back, and CM engagement, too few interceptions and too many tackles as a result. In terms of core structure still a bit to go.

Fired up FM12 to have a comparison recently, its not even close to FM13. Less buggy for sure, but actual ability is way off.

I think in my case I'm still to properly see the full effetcs of what's happened, as I'm still in the lower leagues (Blue Square). But there have been improvements yes definately, but like you said, the defending still needs to be tweaked, but the players I have are of very low standard so to be honest I can't fully say

i think its ppl like you reporting every little so called bug or glitch yous find that make the game ****, they should have only have in house game testers, not some nobody fanboys.

I was going to reply, but you made the mistake of calling the fanboy so I bid you farewell.

But what I will say is-why the **** do you think SI want people reporting bugs and flaws?

Idiot.

Last edited:
farewell why? where am i going, a simple warning is suffice my friend, maybe ur **** hurt that the truth hurts, si dont need ppl like you ruining my game expereince, if u want to ruin fm for me get a job with si, untill then leave the game to the pros.

Ignoring the fanboy part aside, that ridiculous. They require and actively recommend people to report what they think is a bug. They then analyse whether it is actually a bug. They dont just arbitrarily change things based on what people say. they also have in house testing on various beta ME builds, which the public have no influence on. So your argument is incredibly flawed on that basis. Bugs are an error by default, therefore if something is a bug, it does need to be fixed.

farewell why? where am i going, a simple warning is suffice my friend, maybe ur **** hurt that the truth hurts, si dont need ppl like you ruining my game expereince, if u want to ruin fm for me get a job with si, untill then leave the game to the pros.

If i have to infract you a third time you will be banned. If you cant be civil, you will be removed.

Actually that isnt quite true either. As lots of people believe its gone forward, and lots of feedback is hyperbole on both sides.

And what they actually require is constructive feedback, which they make quite clear on the forums. As in which specific areas feel need work.

Merely saying its regressed/its great is no use to them at all. Something they point out on the feedback thread repeatedly.

As an aside, your calling his views meaningless, but then also say he shouldnt shoot people down. If their comments are valid, then so are his.

i'm aware of what is clear on the forums.

My point is general and am 100% sure it is of use but ill say it again for extra clarity.

With the use of Steam it gives the impression that SI are happy move into an Agile development so they can release the game on schedule to allow for the number of units sold to be maintained and rely on a later release to fix existing bugs.

Ignoring the fanboy part aside, that ridiculous. They require and actively recommend people to report what they think is a bug. They then analyse whether it is actually a bug. They dont just arbitrarily change things based on what people say. they also have in house testing on various beta ME builds, which the public have no influence on. So your argument is incredibly flawed on that basis. Bugs are an error by default, therefore if something is a bug, it does need to be fixed.

I just find it laughable that people want the game improved-yet people like myself are being called a fanboy for reporting bugs or whatever. I can now see properly what Godcubed said when he said not to bother anymore with fixes or whatever. I don't normally get annoyed, but it's just ridiculous when these sort of comments come out and they want the game improved. yet they refer to people like that as fanboys.

As they say in newcastle-I divn't kna lol

If i have to infract you a third time you will be banned. If you cant be civil, you will be removed.

But back OT, I do see what you mean about the FM 12/13 comparison. In FM 12 I thought I was just a really good manager in the making, but when you compare the two-the flaws are pretty abundant

i'm aware of what is clear on the forums.

My point is general and am 100% sure it is of use but ill say it again for extra clarity.

With the use of Steam it gives the impression that SI are happy move into an Agile development so they can release the game on schedule to allow for the number of units sold to be maintained and rely on a later release to fix existing bugs.

That doesnt really hold up. Without Steam we would have the same problem, only we would get the schedules 3 patches, so in truth we would still be at the stage of the 13.1.2. by Feb/March. We would only wait longer to get to a better state, as evidenced by FM09, which was only semi reliable by 9.3 and even that was in a relatively bad state. The development cycle is still the same as always.

Last edited:
Can anybody else feel the love in this thread? :wub:

That doesnt really hold up. Without Steam we would have the same problem, only we would get the schedules 3 patches, so in truth we would still be at the stage of the 13.1.2. by Feb/March. We would only wait longer to get to a better state, as evidenced by FM09, which was only semi reliable by 9.3 and even that was in a relatively bad state. The development cycle is still the same as always.

of course it does. When we had 3 scheduled patches the game HAD to be released in a particular state because there wasnt the option to release as many updates as required.

of course it does. When we had 3 scheduled patches the game HAD to be released in a particular state because there wasnt the option to release as many updates as required.

Then why were 9.0 and 10.0 in such states? Both were released with memory leaks that made the game genuinely unplayable, as in after more than a few hours continuous play, it was crashing a large number of systems, depending on how much memory they had. 09 was bug riddled all the way upto the final patch. So the idea of 3 patches upping what is needed of the release isnt quite solid.

Then why were 9.0 and 10.0 in such states? Both were released with memory leaks that made the game genuinely unplayable, as in after more than a few hours continuous play, it was crashing a large number of systems, depending on how much memory they had. 09 was bug riddled all the way upto the final patch.

it was released because they could release it surely.

just go back to the Old Champ Manager days - there was no way of releasing patches so the game had to be tested to death, where as now its easier to release the game and continue to develop it with use of the steam updates.

Back