UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 366
  • Views Views 75K
yes they nerfed shooting accruacy, heading accuracy , slowed down anyone running with the ball and the likly hood of that player actually running with it in the first place, just sucks simple as, been playing champ since 97/98.
Hmm that maybe explains it then,ive only been playing since about 2007...

am going to start one more save and see if i can enjoy it like before this new patch, if it doesnt go well am of back to 2012 untill the feb patch comes out.

[video=youtube;4QOjOiwZ3p0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QOjOiwZ3p0[/video]

This was scored by my own player yet im still annoyed pre-season friendly and this happened twice one for and one against ! I mean who was the keeper actually attempting to pass the ball to! when are SI actually gonna give us value for money!!!!!!!!!!! M.E is just totally and utterly ****

[video=youtube;LHBGqSx4nVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHBGqSx4nVQ[/video]

Another example of the super M.E people keep saying is not broken :/

goal keeper putting the ball in his own net from a half way shot from my centre bk

[video=youtube;4QOjOiwZ3p0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QOjOiwZ3p0[/video]

This was scored by my own player yet im still annoyed pre-season friendly and this happened twice one for and one against ! I mean who was the keeper actually attempting to pass the ball to! when are SI actually gonna give us value for money!!!!!!!!!!! M.E is just totally and utterly ****

Bug =/= broken game. It just means its a bug. It would make more sense to report these to SI so they can fix them.

yes they nerfed shooting accruacy, heading accuracy , slowed down anyone running with the ball and the likly hood of that player actually running with it in the first place, just sucks simple as, been playing champ since 97/98.

ME 1325:
  • Further refined engagement of ball player
  • Toned down speed players can run with ball a little
  • Slight toning down of run with ball probability
  • Fine-tuned kick and header accuracy a little further
They did nothing of the sort, what they did do was actually fix severely overpowered wide players, who were dribbing at six times the rate they were supposed to They were also dribbling when they should have been passing.

well dont ******* comment on this post then if your sick off it! Im sick of people defending it when it's a very poor match engine! JUST MY OPINION!

Well just as you have your opinion (which is more like inane rambling and ranting) everyone else has their's. So instead of swearing and insulting people why not just take a chill pill and stop being so hotheaded for gods sake. There's a reason why Godcubed said what he did. It doesn't matter what patch or hotfix comes out there's going to be people never satisfied and it gets really irksome seeing the same threads constantly opened saying the same thing when there's already a thread dedicated to frustrations. So how about a nice dismount from your epically high horse.

Yes the game isn't perfect as repeatedly stated but do you honestly think SI are going to screw people over? No.

(now awaiting a fanboy comment)

After the small update, the dribbling is definitely toned down, and defensive positioning seems fixed, so all good!

Though I don't know if this is coincidence or not, twice my LB has scored from our own half, both attempts were just horrible long passes that ended up lobbing the Goalie, but it happened twice in the space of 8 games. Had a couple of dodgy backpasses from defenders too which wasn't really an issue before.

I can't really complain though, even if it sounds like I am! Appreciate SI putting in the work and eliminating possible game breakers quickly and efficiently.

what is the current update number?

having problems with my steam keeps saying downloading but sticks at 2%. however im running 13.2.1 is this the current one or is there a new one i havent got yet??

WOW!! Dumbness personified! {GodCubed} "So a developer releasing hotfixes and working tirelessly to improve their game is '******** on their fans'.You know, sometimes I think SI just shouldn't release any patches at all. Ever. Because then people wouldn't complain about the game being 'unfinished' when in reality it is a finished game, but they're just working to improve it." If it's a finished game in reality? then why would they be trying too improve it lol, reality is SI have released a unbelievable amount of "hot fixes" this year because the match engine is very poor! NOT i repeat NOT Patches! You call yourself GodCubed?

Hey now, there's no need to be abusive just because you're wrong.

SI are improving their game and you complain? Just ridiculous. They acknowledge there are still some faults with the ME - though it is MUCH better than FM12's - and are thus working to improve it rather than just leave you with a substandard (but still finished) game. I think you need to look up what 'finished' means in this context, because by your standards the game would NEVER be finished until it was literally exactly like real life.

WOW!! Dumbness personified! {GodCubed} "So a developer releasing hotfixes and working tirelessly to improve their game is '******** on their fans'.You know, sometimes I think SI just shouldn't release any patches at all. Ever. Because then people wouldn't complain about the game being 'unfinished' when in reality it is a finished game, but they're just working to improve it." If it's a finished game in reality? then why would they be trying too improve it lol, reality is SI have released a unbelievable amount of "hot fixes" this year because the match engine is very poor! NOT i repeat NOT Patches! You call yourself GodCubed?

Finished means they completed a piece of work, not created a perfect piece of work.

Hey now, there's no need to be abusive just because you're wrong.

SI are improving their game and you complain? Just ridiculous. They acknowledge there are still some faults with the ME - though it is MUCH better than FM12's - and are thus working to improve it rather than just leave you with a substandard (but still finished) game. I think you need to look up what 'finished' means in this context, because by your standards the game would NEVER be finished until it was literally exactly like real life.

So by your analysis SI have a much lower opinion of what a quality deliverable is. If i was working on this version i would be utterly ashamed of what I have released to the public and fans. This constant "improving"/Agile Development is an insult and more i read it just seems like SI have used the fact they can chuck updates out through steam as an excuse to release a half finish code.

Its astonishing how much the code has appeared to regress in this latest release and yet how i am forced to take the update.

Finished means they completed a piece of work, not created a perfect piece of work.

again i guess it goes down to how much pride you put into your work. personally i wouldnt have signed off on a piece of work until i was happy and not have the attitude of "ahh dont worry we can fix that later, just get it out otherwise we wont sell as many"

ME 1325:
  • Further refined engagement of ball player
  • Toned down speed players can run with ball a little
  • Slight toning down of run with ball probability
  • Fine-tuned kick and header accuracy a little further
They did nothing of the sort, what they did do was actually fix severely overpowered wide players, who were dribbing at six times the rate they were supposed to They were also dribbling when they should have been passing.

i wonder if ppl like you actually play the game lol, not at one point was wingers or any player on the park for that matter dribbling 6 times faster than the normal speed, which is speculate anyway as what is the normal speed.....players have speed rated 1 out of 20, so thee is no normal speed there is only as slow as a player can run and as fast.

anyway ur post was pointless as you just listed the patch details which clearly state they nerfed all of the following i mentioned.

So by your analysis SI have a much lower opinion of what a quality deliverable is. If i was working on this version i would be utterly ashamed of what I have released to the public and fans. This constant "improving"/Agile Development is an insult and more i read it just seems like SI have used the fact they can chuck updates out through steam as an excuse to release a half finish code.

Its astonishing how much the code has appeared to regress in this latest release and yet how i am forced to take the update.

So by that account, the company that released Skyrim, Oblivion and any other company that have released games, should be utterly ashamed too? They too have released numerous patches/hotfixes to improve the game. When are people going to accept the simple fact, that SI are not the only people who do this sort of thing? It's ridiculous. I'm not going to go on about because to be frank, I'm sick to the back teeth of mentioning it, but there is not one game that has been released on the 360 OR the PC that has not had a patch/hotfix released to improve gameplay experience.

i wonder if ppl like you actually play the game lol, not at one point was wingers or any player on the park for that matter dribbling 6 times faster than the normal speed, which is speculate anyway as what is the normal speed.....players have speed rated 1 out of 20, so thee is no normal speed there is only as slow as a player can run and as fast.

anyway ur post was pointless as you just listed the patch details which clearly state they nerfed all of the following i mentioned.

I do, Ive logged 300 hours on it. I've actually reported dozens of bugs.

That should have been 6 times more, not faster.

And no they didnt nerf it, nor does it clearly state that, hence why i reposted it, you assumed they did. they actually increased heading accuracy, trying to prevent loose headers, and tweaked the accuracy of long shots positively on stronger feet, but negatively on weaker feet.

So by that account, the company that released Skyrim, Oblivion and any other company that have released games, should be utterly ashamed too? They too have released numerous patches/hotfixes to improve the game. When are people going to accept the simple fact, that SI are not the only people who do this sort of thing? It's ridiculous. I'm not going to go on about because to be frank, I'm sick to the back teeth of mentioning it, but there is not one game that has been released on the 360 OR the PC that has not had a patch/hotfix released to improve gameplay experience.

yeh fair point buddy, but you forget i think si are the only ones that makes things worse not better!

yeh fair point buddy, but you forget i think si are the only ones that makes things worse not better!

No offence but I totally disagree. Things appear worse-but you have to adjust ingame to make use of the hotfixes/patches. I had to. I failed to initially and got sacked twice in a row as I failed to recognise the hotfixes and how they would affect my gameplan

No offence but I totally disagree. Things appear worse-but you have to adjust ingame to make use of the hotfixes/patches. I had to. I failed to initially and got sacked twice in a row as I failed to recognise the hotfixes and how they would affect my gameplan

In terms of the ME the sole aim should be to get towards as realistic a representation of football. Whether it breaks yours my or anyone elses tactical set up in the process is secondary. The ME should never be nerfed to allow people to win.

In terms of the ME the sole aim should be to get towards as realistic a representation of football. Whether it breaks yours my or anyone elses tactical set up in the process is secondary. The ME should never be nerfed to allow people to win.

Bang on. I made a huge mistake of sticking to my gameplan, and not properly taking in what the hotfixes would do to the matches (which for me is admittedly rare). I stuck to it after the patches were applied and my god I paid the price. I was slaughtered (as demonstrated by my story). Yes some parts of my plan were improved via the fixes, but I failed to recognise what effect it would have in other areas of my approach. Safe to say I've learnt my lesson.

Imo it's pretty dam realistic. yes there are still a few little issues-but they'll be sorted sooner rather than later then it'll be pretty dam realistic in terms of a football management game

Last edited:
Back