UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 366
  • Views Views 75K
it was released because they could release it surely.

just go back to the Old Champ Manager days - there was no way of releasing patches so the game had to be tested to death, where as now its easier to release the game and continue to develop it with use of the steam updates.

They were both released in states that became genuinely unplayable for a large number of systems. By your argument they should have been released in better states because they had to be because of fewer patches/chances to fix, which was clearly not the case since they had memory leaks.

The system they use now is far more refined than anything they had way back when. On the other hand, the game is also considerably more complex. Steam allows them to compile a build within days of testing and balancing. So you dont have to wait as long before releasing hotfixes.. They could saved up all the fixes till jan like they used, Steam allows them to roll them out almost continously if needed.

again i guess it goes down to how much pride you put into your work. personally i wouldnt have signed off on a piece of work until i was happy and not have the attitude of "ahh dont worry we can fix that later, just get it out otherwise we wont sell as many"

You can never create the perfect piece of work. Perfection is a concept, not an achievable goal.

They released a perfectly fine piece of work. Patches are nothing new, there's a difference between testing it internally and having it being used by their hundreds of thousands of customers. It's inevitable new things they couldn't have seen before come out. I haven't had any issues with the ME since getting the game, my tactics haven't broken in any of them, sure some odd things have been eradicated over the updates, but it has never been unplayable as so many like to make out.

ill be frank - based on the volume of comments ive sat reading tonight how you can claim that the releases are improving the games is laughable when quite clearly BASED ON THE FEEDBACK its regressed once again.

What feedback? The posts you've read on forums? People are more likely to make a post when they're angry, than to compliment SI.

What feedback? The posts you've read on forums? People are more likely to make a post when they're angry, than to compliment SI.

Exactly. Only the vast minority are going to leave reviews saying "Yup, got it, everything works fine, nothing to report" because it's pretty much useless. As such, just trawling feedback threads in order to try and gauge reaction is pretty pointless.

This is definitely true, so I'll just chime in and say that I think the ME is much better now, well done with the patch. Most complaints I've seen are just people frustrated by losing. As far as non-ME issues go though, youth intake of regens seems unintentionally awful.

I was having problems with the new ME patch (not enough through balls in particular) at first. But I've since re-evaluated my tactics and I seem to have improved things through some player role changes. Only done a few friendlies so interested to see how it works out in league games. All in all, for me it seems to be moving in the right direction regardless of the odd weird moment.

just had a little installation this morning took about 30 seconds anyone else had this in last day or so?

Last edited:
Reading back through the thread, some of the general feelings I'm getting (perhaps assuming too, yes) are that now the patches/hotfixes are coming out and making fairly significant changes to the ME, people are annoyed their previously unbeatable, super amazing tactic is no longer working. Rather than taking one or two minutes to read through what exactly has been changed in the latest patch, people are jumping straight into the game. When they notice something different in the ME and it's going against them, it's a bug, or a new exploit. Everyone in this thread has their own opinion on what a bug is, and isn't. Not even talking specifically about FM13, just in general.

I've posted in this very thread a couple of times highlighting some things I would be considered as either bugs, or potential ME game-changers. Generally the same things most of the reasonable posters have also highlighted. And give credit where credit is due, SI have worked hard to bring out another small update after the initial 13.2 patch and have definitely addressed the common issues cropping up for the majority of people. Yes, it's frustrating that sometimes new bugs or exploits come along after a new patch or hotfix, but you can't fault SI's effort to address them as quickly as possible, and without working on and releasing a hotfix so quickly they're not really sure it'll properly work, just to appease the demand from us players.

Adapt and survive, gentlemen. Believe me, I understand the frustration. My previously successful LLM tactic doesn't seem to be giving me much joy lately, but I'm making tweaks, seeing how it impacts my team's performances and making more adjustments accordingly. It's not like you need to make major changes to tactics though anyway. Just a few tweaks, and a bit of hard work to figure it out.

[video=youtube;EIN45kRki9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIN45kRki9k[/video]

yet another half way line goal 4th of the season apparently its a very consistent BUG

Performance on Network

Putting all other conversations aside since the last patch the performance playing network games has slowed down dramatically.

I have been connecting to a network game a friend is hosting where previous the performance was outstanding and hands down the best online FM experience i have had. There was very rarely any LAG and even in the ME the game didnt slow down and was a great gaming experience.

However since the last update the network game using the exact same save and host has performed at such a low level its barely possible to play

each new page which loads takes 14 seconds to react with the a further 30 seconds to populate the white space with any image data or content.

secondly the Match experience appears to be driven by the performance of the network. when the game is running slow my matches just tick by without any highlights. I've tried different settings using 3d, 2d, commentary only, and this doesnt make a difference. The clock just counts down and not only that it is PAINFULLY slow. Its taken 30 minutes to complete 1 game with no highlights ending in 0-0.

when i play a single play game its a compeltely different experience and is full of highlights and match play.

my laptop is two weeks old and has a 6gb ddr3 memory so its not the laptop performance and we both have the top sky broadband service of which im getting no issues downloading movies (legally)

Like i said these performance issues have only started since the latest patch.

happy to upload as much as possible to help get this sorted.

sorry one other thing, alot of the time drop downs are now not closing they just sit in the middle of my screen.

Putting all other conversations aside since the last patch the performance playing network games has slowed down dramatically.

I have been connecting to a network game a friend is hosting where previous the performance was outstanding and hands down the best online FM experience i have had. There was very rarely any LAG and even in the ME the game didnt slow down and was a great gaming experience.

However since the last update the network game using the exact same save and host has performed at such a low level its barely possible to play

each new page which loads takes 14 seconds to react with the a further 30 seconds to populate the white space with any image data or content.

secondly the Match experience appears to be driven by the performance of the network. when the game is running slow my matches just tick by without any highlights. I've tried different settings using 3d, 2d, commentary only, and this doesnt make a difference. The clock just counts down and not only that it is PAINFULLY slow. Its taken 30 minutes to complete 1 game with no highlights ending in 0-0.

when i play a single play game its a compeltely different experience and is full of highlights and match play.

my laptop is two weeks old and has a 6gb ddr3 memory so its not the laptop performance and we both have the top sky broadband service of which im getting no issues downloading movies (legally)

Like i said these performance issues have only started since the latest patch.

happy to upload as much as possible to help get this sorted.

Network Game Issues

Copy and paste your issues and create a thread there. One of the SI bods will see it and reply.

Got to say I like how early balls are now more prevalent, particular in switching the ball or playing crosses from deep. When a player sees another player unmarked in the area, they no longer just tap it short to someone, they attempt to play it into the dangerous position. Good stuff.

Has there been another update since christmas eve (I couldnt bare playing after that one)?
I read someone had a very small one since..so i loaded up this mornin an recieved nothing. Although im very pleased to say my team have started to play more like the style they were before the 24th!
Im back in love with it again..although results havent been great, they are no longer boring the **** outta me lol

If there hasnt, I wonder how the ME has changed or how my team are playing more direct again?? Maybe the team hasnt noticed me around for a few days...
Anyways im happy again! Thanks SI

Has there been another update since christmas eve (I couldnt bare playing after that one)?
I read someone had a very small one since..so i loaded up this mornin an recieved nothing. Although im very pleased to say my team have started to play more like the style they were before the 24th!
Im back in love with it again..although results havent been great, they are no longer boring the **** outta me lol

If there hasnt, I wonder how the ME has changed or how my team are playing more direct again?? Maybe the team hasnt noticed me around for a few days...
Anyways im happy again! Thanks SI

The 13.2.1 that you are playing IS the latest one as you were on the 24th/25th.

Now when you start a new game at a big club the players don't respect you even if you choose international past experiance and it makes team talks impossible and even harder to keep morale high. Good luck if you go 3 games without a win you have got no chance and might as well just resign before you get sacked. Also I'm still getting players running down the wing going into the box and instead of cutting it back they either run straight into the post and it goes off for a goal kick or shoot from the by-line. Did this game even get tested before it was released?

Back