UPDATE 13.2 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 366
  • Views Views 75K
Not sure if anyone has reported this issue. If they have I apologise.

I started a new game, unemployed with the new patch. When someone gets sacked, that job does not appear on the "Available Jobs" section on the home screen. There should be some screenshots below to prove this.

View attachment 295077View attachment 295078View attachment 295079

Hmmmm, interesting. Could well be a bug. Try making a thread in the SI forums here (think that should be the correct section) and they should get back to you. Remember to include those screenshots.

it was released because they could release it surely.

just go back to the Old Champ Manager days - there was no way of releasing patches so the game had to be tested to death, where as now its easier to release the game and continue to develop it with use of the steam updates.

This comment sum's up everything that's wrong with SI! Halfed arsed game release and then let the fans do the work for the January patches, i think the modern day fan of the series are a hindrance for any natural progression of a decent genre of gaming! such a ******* shame really!

Last edited:
This comment sum's up everything that's wrong with SI! Halfed arsed game release and then let the fans do the work for the January patches, i think the modern day fan of the series are a hindrance for any natural progression of a decent genre of gaming! such a ******* shame really!

As I pointed out, that argument didnt really hold up, since there were eariler games that were released in much worse states. Aslo not sure how the "modern day fan" is to blame at all...

The modern day fan thrives off the need for something that's not broken too be fixed, you like too feel your part of the game development when your not! SI are just bowing too the masses e.g 3d game play, what was wrong with the traditional commentary or even the 2d version(which has been very poor since 2010)?

The modern day fan moans it's too easy!(probably enjoying FMRTE?) I like a challenge but i don't like a game that's stupidly UN-enjoyable! Ghouls N Goblins anyone?

SI have made some **** ups in there past games but this years takes the ****, official podcast claiming this years ME has been in development for 2 years? It's like ******* down my back and telling me it's raining! Would you pay money for a builder to come into your house and do half the work then say sorry mate report any bugs too us then we will do a couple of hot fixes then release a few patches to make what you payed for to meet the standard?

Anyone supporting this tripe game be ashamed of yourselves because next years will just be as bad for £30 a pop.

The modern day fan thrives off the need for something that's not broken too be fixed, you like too feel your part of the game development when your not! SI are just bowing too the masses e.g 3d game play, what was wrong with the traditional commentary or even the 2d version(which has been very poor since 2010)?

The modern day fan moans it's too easy!(probably enjoying FMRTE?) I like a challenge but i don't like a game that's stupidly UN-enjoyable! Ghouls N Goblins anyone?

SI have made some **** ups in there past games but this years takes the ****, official podcast claiming this years ME has been in development for 2 years? It's like ******* down my back and telling me it's raining! Would you pay money for a builder to come into your house and do half the work then say sorry mate report any bugs too us then we will do a couple of hot fixes then release a few patches to make what you payed for to meet the standard?

Anyone supporting this tripe game be ashamed of yourselves because next years will just be as bad for £30 a pop.

Thats' a massive, and completely unsubstansiated generalisation of any "modern fan", since you have no idea of what they all want, or even if they want the same thing.

Well a manager doesn't watch a game top down 2D. And since 3D, 2D,and commentary all use the same match engine, hiring 3D programmers didn't mean 3 times the work, so it made perfect sense. Considering 2D has only got sharper in definition since it was introduced, its odd to say its got worse since 2010.

If you read the major thread on the SI forums about difficulty for FM12, a lot of them were also long time fans who rightly noted that AI wasn't strong enough, too easy to deal with after a few years. Though difficulty has got nothing to do with the match engine, its sole purpose is to get as close as possible to real life. Everything else is secondary, its what goes on outside the ME that defines how hard or easy it is.

Why should anyone be ashamed, if you dont like, dont buy it. If someone else does, good for him or her, their money their enjoyment

It has been in development for 2 years, doesnt mean it was perfect, if you read the thread, they underestimated some of the knock on effects of tweaking variables.

Here is the thing about FM, its not just about you, other people want different things, doesnt make their requests any less valid.

I have an i7 laptop with a good quality gaming graphics card but i still use commentary for matches and watch goals in 2D. The point is 3D isn't forced on you, SI have given you the choice. I agree a lot of nooby fans expect to win every match and if they don't they think the engine must be broken. Fact is the vast majority of FM fans say nothing and they say nothing because they are perfectly happy with the game.

That wasn't a unsubstantiated generalization (i corrected your spelling because it bugged me ._.) of any modern day fan because that's what it is!(read previous post again if confused)

You defend this tripe because your afraid that in reality it's a poor product!(you like too think your part of the development when you are not!). The fact you only quote modern fan sums you up! i believe in my opinion to be the correct one and you on the other hand are desperately scrambling and spouting non sense that sounds quite good on a forum.

People shouldn't be happy with being provide with a far poor product than years gone bye!(i suggest you look back at the amount of previous comments all over this forum, singling out my negative opinion as one is very narrow minded of you mate)

What can't you understand about this or are you just being pig-headed?

Nothing is wrong with 2D, but that doesn't mean SI should just stop. 3D is an improvement and it looks far better. Also, 2D hasn't changed at all since 2010, so I have no idea what you're talking about. If you want traditional commentary or 2D, just use them. It's not taking away those features, it's adding more.

Meh, it doesn't seem too difficult to me. I'm in fifth position with Stoke at the moment. It's challenging but fun; more fun than FM12, in fact.

Cool way to draw parallels between two completely different things bro.

Buildings are built to a specification. Football manager is not. A house would be built exactly how it was designed, no better and no worse, whereas FM is built to be the best it possibly can be at that point in time. If I gave a builder a set amount of time and said "come up with the best house you can" and then criticised him when it A. didn't meet the standards I hadn't set (or rather had set, but only in my mind) and B. had a few faults that he wanted to continue to work to fix despite the fact that I had already paid him for it, then I'd be out of order.

Don't buy it then.

Also, stop talking about 'modern day fans' like you're the only one who's played football manager for more than a year. Many of us here have played it since the start, in the old Championship Manager days, so don't talk to us like we're newcomers to the series, kay?

I have an i7 laptop with a good quality gaming graphics card but i still use commentary for matches and watch goals in 2D. The point is 3D isn't forced on you, SI have given you the choice. I agree a lot of nooby fans expect to win every match and if they don't they think the engine must be broken. Fact is the vast majority of FM fans say nothing and they say nothing because they are perfectly happy with the game.

Mate am not a nooby fan of the series, and FM fans have voiced how poor this years version is on your very own website lol please take of your rose tinted glasses.

That wasn't a unsubstantiated generalization (i corrected your spelling because it bugged me ._.) of any modern day fan because that's what it is!(read previous post again if confused)

Yes. Yes it is. You've made a blanket statement on the basis of few (if, indeed, any) experiences with other people.

Also, he spelt generalisation correctly.

You defend this tripe because your afraid that in reality it's a poor product!(you like too think your part of the development when you are not!). The fact you only quote modern fan sums you up! i believe in my opinion to be the correct one and you on the other hand are desperately scrambling and spouting non sense that sounds quite good on a forum.

No. If this was a poor product, I'd stop using it. That's what I did for FM09. It was a buggy, ****** piece of ****, so I stopped using it. I never even tried to defend it and I still don't, because it was awful.

Anyone who says 'you're not part of the development' to a fan who both reports bugs as well as interacts with SI employees in order to improve the game is delusional. SI have listened to what their fans wanted and implemented them within good reason.

People shouldn't be happy with being provide with a far poor product than years gone bye!(i suggest you look back at the amount of previous comments all over this forum, singling out my negative opinion as one is very narrow minded of you mate)

No, see, that's just patently not true. To claim FM13 is objective a poorer game than, say, FM09 is literally retarded. People either look at the past with rose-tinted glasses or just prefer the easier style of the other games, which is recreated in FMC. It is just OBJECTIVELY BETTER, and there's no two ways around it.

=Mike.;1661281]Thats' a massive, and completely unsubstansiated generalisation of any "modern fan", since you have no idea of what they all want, or even if they want the same thing.

Well a manager doesn't watch a game top down 2D. And since 3D, 2D,and commentary all use the same match engine, hiring 3D programmers didn't mean 3 times the work, so it made perfect sense. Considering 2D has only got sharper in definition since it was introduced, its odd to say its got worse since 2010.

If you read the major thread on the SI forums about difficulty for FM12, a lot of them were also long time fans who rightly noted that AI wasn't strong enough, too easy to deal with after a few years. Though difficulty has got nothing to do with the match engine, its sole purpose is to get as close as possible to real life. Everything else is secondary, its what goes on outside the ME that defines how hard or easy it is.

Why should anyone be ashamed, if you dont like, dont buy it. If someone else does, good for him or her, their money their enjoyment

It has been in development for 2 years, doesnt mean it was perfect, if you read the thread, they underestimated some of the knock on effects of tweaking variables.

Here is the thing about FM, its not just about you, other people want different things, doesn't make their requests any less valid.[/QUOTE

That wasn't a unsubstantiated generalization (i corrected your spelling because it bugged me ._.) of any modern day fan because that's what it is!(read previous post again if confused) you defend this tripe because your afraid that in reality it's a poor product!( you like too think your part of the development when you are not!). The fact you only quote modern fan sums you up! i believe in my opinion to be the correct one and you on the other hand are desperately scrambling and spouting non sense that sounds quite good on a forum. People shouldn't be happy with being provide with a far poor product than years gone bye!(i suggest you look back at the amount of previous comments all over this forum, singling out my negative opinion as one is very narrow minded of you mate) What can't you understand about this or are you just being pig-headed?

First things first, if you cant be civil you will be infracted.

I only mentioned "modern fans" because you seemingly blamed it on them. I also mentioned a lot of people saying it was too easy were long time fans, which goes completely against your argument that its only modern fans, a lots of the guys commenting have been on the forums for 6 or 7 years and been playing for 10 or 12 years. In fact if you read the main SI threads, alot of the feedback postive and negative is from longer playing gamers. I didn't merely pick out your comment either, you just made that assumption, so that's another incorrect point as well.

It's not what it is, you have no evidence to back it up. Hardly scrambling either, since I picked out the flaws in your approach, you haven't answered a single point, only to say i've spouted "nonsense".

You also have no idea what my views are on this product, or why i have them, so again another unsubstansiated point you've made.

Mate am not a nooby fan of the series, and FM fans have voiced how poor this years version is on your very own website lol please take of your rose tinted glasses.

Ungrateful FM fans complain EVERY ******* YEAR about each new version, in case you hadn't noticed.

My website? Not my website "mate"

I've been playing management games since the 80s and honestly don't have any real problems with it. Is it the best FM ever? No probably not but it's not as broken as everyone seems to think either.

I am 7th with wigan just lol

The parrells are if you pay for something you expect to pay for quallity and in terms of quallity this game just is'nt. You clearly never did pay for did you? Mummy and daddy pay for it?

Iv'e hit a nerve with the fan boys for bringing up the term modern day fans accept what you are!

Ungrateful FM fans complain EVERY ******* YEAR about each new version, in case you hadn't noticed.
Ive been on the scene for about 8 years now. Every year a bunch of people say its the worst game ever.

Wow being ganged up by the fan boys lol what did you do BBM each other that somebody's slagging of the game lol

Two of you are moderator's so yes YOU are part of this website.

I have only complained about this years because in reality it's poor

The parrells are if you pay for something you expect to pay for quallity and in terms of quallity this game just is'nt. You clearly never did pay for did you? Mummy and daddy pay for it?

On the contrary, I'm a student. My money is tighter than most. As such, I need to choose what to spend it on more carefully.

This game is, in my opinion, most definitely worth the money. It is already superior to last year's game (which I thought was fantastic). I expect to pay for quality, and I not only have quality, I have quality that is constantly being improved upon.

Iv'e hit a nerve with the fan boys for bringing up the term modern day fans accept what you are!

Been playing since I was about 12 years old. That's seven years. I am not a 'modern day fan', whatever that may mean, by any stretch of the imagination.

Wow being ganged up by the fan boys lol what did you do BBM each other that somebody's slagging of the game lol

Two of you are moderator's so yes YOU are part of this website.

I have only complained about this years because in reality it's poor

Ah, okay then. So, what with you obviously being a long-time member of the football manager community - as your railing against modern day fans seems to suggest - may I ask you exactly what you thought of FM09? Did you think it was better than FM13?

Back