VerZa's 4-3-3 - Breaking the record with Southampton

• Thread starter Thread starter VerZa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 438
  • Views Views 290K
Trying this out with Liverpool, doing great. 17 games in, 15 wins, 1 draw (Chelsea away), 1 loss (Leverkusen away, played a weak team).

First game of the season was away to Man City, beat them 3-1.

Just started tested this v2 with a very good man utd team. Fingers crossed it goes well.

Are you still using the v2 uploaded from a few days ago or have you made any changes since you progressed with your career? Still using ois and defensive positioning for training?

The same. Only changed the Left back to "crosses to near post", as I found it better.

How is penetration archieved in the tactic? I struggle to get past the overcrowding in their box. I play with IF(S) CF(S) RAUM (A ), all they seem to do is bang their heads against the wall with goals coming from scrappy situations

How is penetration archieved in the tactic? I struggle to get past the overcrowding in their box. I play with IF(S) CF(S) RAUM (A ), all they seem to do is bang their heads against the wall with goals coming from scrappy situations

Perhaps try and play with more patience. Use "Work ball into box" etc. Perhaps untick "pass into space", as there wont be any space to pass into (In theory).. Try some different team instructions, when you're playing a team like that. It's annoying, I know. I meet teams like that too, and I also have trouble scoring. I believe it's a combination of meeting a smaller team that's just sitting back and my team that is not motivated enough.

Next time I believe I might face a team like that, I'll try and save before the game and then play the game several times, to see what team instructions will help in a situation like that :)

Last edited:
And you're using the Fav tactic? And you have remembered to set your fullbacks to take corners? :)

I'm completely destroying smaller teams with the v2 tactic. I score atleast 3 goals per match. 8 games has past since I last didn't score 3 goals in a match. And that was a 2-0 win versus United.

But I do have a great Saints team now. I'm in 2018.

Koval, Taylor, Balanta, Caulker, Clyne, Ward-Prowse, Romero, Rotariu, Ould-Chikh, Werner..

I've done all that. Except the full backs have been taking cornesrs just the past 2 or 3 games.

My season using V2 since the Leeds game:

View attachment 323209

My Team:

View attachment 323208

I readily admit that I really have no idea what **** is going on! This my third southampton save where everything goes to **** in the second season. After a good first season! I'm currently 5th in the league (5-6-2). Already out of Champions League.

I readily admit that I really have no idea what **** is going on! This my third southampton save where everything goes to **** in the second season. After a good first season! I'm currently 5th in the league (5-6-2). Already out of Champions League.

Hmm weird... No idea what's going wrong there.
That team should be able to do better.. Your mission is to get their morale up somehow. That alone can do alot.
Keep me updated on how things are going :)

Been using Man City, I have used your most recent tactic with them which has been amazing! I used it in my second season which I won the league with an outstanding 99points and also won the FA Cup and Carling Cup.

Aguero with 55 goals on a season too!

Keep up the good work!

I'm going to use this with my Real Madrid story tonight. Would you mind if I had a link to your tactics and discussed them a little?

Hello everyone!
I must say this is the best tactic made so far for FM15. I've won the championship with Dinamo Bucharest first season. Not a top team in Romania (media predict 5). Signing just 3 free players due to small budget. Play against Legia, Fenerbahce, Dnipro in Euro Cup. Beat them all.
I'm on my 2nd season and enjoing the game.

Keep up the good work VerZa. Thank you!

Keep me updated on how things are going :)

Got into some pretty good unbeaten run after the QPR defeat. Then went to bed and after started playing again today things started to go a bit iffy. You cant help feel paranoid when the unbeaten run comes to an end pretty much immediately when you start the game again. ;) :D

View attachment 322995 View attachment 322994

The goal now is just to keep that 3rd place. If I could have won ManU in that february game I could have gotten into the title race a bit. I havent been able to beat ManU at all in these two season. Only one draw. 5 losses (including last seasons FA & LC). Played better against Chelsea!

Also waiting to see what happends with the board takeover talks.

Last edited:
At the end I won the league, didn't expect that. Won most of the games I have played, the strikers still don't score a lot, but wingers do... So... Really good :). Thx.

Soon done with my season, I'll post some screenshots then :) Werner is at 46 goals now, and I've still got 6 games left in the league, while I've also got the FA Cup and Champions League left.

Verza did u use your home fav tactic for both them games or your underdog for any of them.

Fav for both games, rarely uses underdog tbh. :)

Last edited:
Fair play m8 thats some scoring record aint it. where did u get werner from m8 and how much did he cost. Would u use your fav tactic away against top teams e.g barc,real madrid.

155m from Stuttgart in the 2018/2019 season. Dno what he costs in the beginning of the game :)

I actually do use my fav tactic those teams most of the time. Often it plays out well, but sometimes it ends in a pretty tight fight. But this season I've only lost to Man Utd away using the fav tactic. 0-1

But you have to remember that the team I have now is probably just as good as the other top teams.

Last edited:
Back