VerZa's 4-3-3 - Breaking the record with Southampton

Not sure why this tactic thread has died down, it is still in my opinion one of the best tactics this year. Even on the new patch

I agree. I used this tactic with Southampton a while back and had excellent results.

does it work with the latest patch?

Yeah V2 works incredible for me!. Just make sure you have a decent long throw taker, a strong striker and a decent inside forward!
Strong centre midfielders with good finishing also really helps.

With this i won the championship and capital one cup with Derby first season and then went on to win europa league the following season with near enough the same squad!
And just the other day using this i won the Fa cup and league with liverpool and sold 71m worth of playing and forked out for Ronaldo in a ridiculous transfer :D

in last patch, i'm using the "away" tactic, in home matches team is very successfull but in "away" i'm conceding many goals. i'm playing with dortmund, for example in last match i conceded 4 goals from köln... where is the problem?

in last patch, i'm using the "away" tactic, in home matches team is very successfull but in "away" i'm conceding many goals. i'm playing with dortmund, for example in last match i conceded 4 goals from köln... where is the problem?

Personally, i just use the V2 Home tactic and don't change a thing. I do defensive positioning every game no matter what the opposition. Just need decent fullbacks who can attack, a good inside forward and powerful striker. It helps having strong central midfielders too.

And if you can, sign or use a player with at leasts 17 long throw attribute and long flat bullet throw trait

i dont understand "i do defensive positioning". in away you dont conceed many goals?

Personally, i just use the V2 Home tactic and don't change a thing. I do defensive positioning every game no matter what the opposition. Just need decent fullbacks who can attack, a good inside forward and powerful striker. It helps having strong central midfielders too.

And if you can, sign or use a player with at leasts 17 long throw attribute and long flat bullet throw trait
Did you use any OI's for the tactic?

Did you use any OI's for the tactic?

I show all wide players to their inside foot and if its a lone striker i close them down always.
And if i know the have an extremely strong or aggressive player in midfield like Cheik Tiote orYaya Toure i tackle them hard to ensure they don't dominate

I show all wide players to their inside foot and if its a lone striker i close them down always.
And if i know the have an extremely strong or aggressive player in midfield like Cheik Tiote orYaya Toure i tackle them hard to ensure they don't dominate
Ok, thanks bro.

I think I'm just gonna use the OI's from the opening post. I implemented the tactics on my United-save mid-season in 2016, and it worked really good although it wasn't fluid.

Gonna do a new save now, applying this tactic on my Southampton team. Hopefully it'll be just as good.

Especially in away, i scored 2 or 3 goals maybe, but in second half i concede minimum 1 goal, generally 2 or 3.. in home no problem i win every match. what's the problem?

Alright, so I am in October now, and my strikers literally don't score. I've got Rooney and RVP to rotate, and none of them score anything but penalties.

Are you experiencing the same thing?

Especially in away, i scored 2 or 3 goals maybe, but in second half i concede minimum 1 goal, generally 2 or 3.. in home no problem i win every match. what's the problem?
Same here man, I've been only using the home tactic though; but it's exactly what you said. At home it's a beast tactic, away from home it's almost a coin toss.

i think inside forward is really important to score, i transferred hulk and he won the player of the year from right inside forward. also in striker luciano vietto scores many goals. but i've got really problem to concede too much goals in second half. also my defence: alex sandro hummels balanta mario fernandes

i think inside forward is really important to score, i transferred hulk and he won the player of the year from right inside forward. also in striker luciano vietto scores many goals. but i've got really problem to concede too much goals in second half. also my defence: alex sandro hummels balanta mario fernandes
Are you playing with OIs?

I find this tactic very solid defensively, but going forward I'm not really scoring a lot. Perhaps its Wayne Rooney and RVP who's the problem? :S

EDIT: I stopped using OI's on this Chelsea save, and my god it's amazing. Never had these kind of results with a 433 tactic before. Thanks Verza!

Last edited:
Glad to hear that some of you are still having succes with this tactic. I haven't played the game for quite some while.

Just started playing again this evening with PSV. Using v2. So far Depay and De Jong is amazing.

@Gannicus
Concerning Rooney and RvP. You can try and change their role. :)

Last edited:
So far so good. 15 games, Eresdivie and Euro League. 13 wins, 2 draws. Tactic wasn't fluid and I've had a lot of injuries, so that might explain the 2 draws.
I've defeated both Feyenoord and Ajax in the league. 16 goals from Luuk De Jong and 7 from Depay.

Well the V2 is still working for me. I'm not having any problems scoring really.. Unbeaten in my 23 games in the league, 71 goals scored and 10 conceded. I've won my last 22 games (Eresdivie, Euro League, National Cup). And I haven't lost any game yet.
De Jong is at 22 goals in the league, Depay 12.
20 assists from Depay, he's an absolute beast!

I just plug and played my v2 tactic.

I only brought in Sergiy Sydorchuk and Erik Sviatchenko. Sold Bakkali and Wijnaldum.

Well the V2 is still working for me. I'm not having any problems scoring really.. Unbeaten in my 23 games in the league, 71 goals scored and 10 conceded. I've won my last 22 games (Eresdivie, Euro League, National Cup). And I haven't lost any game yet.
De Jong is at 22 goals in the league, Depay 12.
20 assists from Depay, he's an absolute beast!

I just plug and played my v2 tactic.

I only brought in Sergiy Sydorchuk and Erik Sviatchenko. Sold Bakkali and Wijnaldum.

Do you use the home and away versions still dude?