Villas Boas Sacked

People are allowed to change their mind, he came with so much promise but delivered so little Mike. From the day he said "every will get a chance to prove themselfs" you just thought that was wrong.

Less than a season, he wasnt perfect by any means, but once again short term thinking prevails. And a good number of your players (Lampard) should be ashamed, ok so what if you hate the manager, have some respect for the club, and the fans, keep playing hard, dont go through the motions and drag the side down.

Mourinho should go to Chelsea and Guardiola should go to Arsenal... Battle for London..

I'm confused. Did you expect him to get rid of Drogba, Lampard, Terry, etc in the summer? Or January?

I didn't expect him to get rid of any of them besides maybe Drogba but the likes of Malouda, Bosingwa, Kalou, Anelka (which he did in the end) Hilario and maybe even Mikel.

Less than a season, he wasnt perfect by any means, but once again short term thinking prevails. And a good number of your players (Lampard) should be ashamed, ok so what if you hate the manager, have some respect for the club, and the fans, keep playing hard, dont go through the motions and drag the side down.

I have said since the news broke that players are just as much to blame as AVB but he didn't help himself in the way he tried to do things.

I'm genuinely really upset by how Lampard has acted in the past couple of months. I thought he was a good guy but like most of our lingering 'idols', he's shown that he cares more about himself that the club or the fans. Half of those players aren't fit to wear the shirt after what they've done, especially now: it's one thing to unsettle the manager when you're a great squad that still has the desire to keep fighting for a couple of years, and another to undermine him when you're not good enough to beat West Brom ffs.Honestly, sell the lot of them, they've been legends for us but they don't have the god given right to **** up our future because they want to pretend that they're not getting old.

Can't polish a ****, and that's what AVB has been working with, a whole bunch of turds.

I'm genuinely really upset by how Lampard has acted in the past couple of months. I thought he was a good guy but like most of our lingering 'idols', he's shown that he cares more about himself that the club or the fans. Half of those players aren't fit to wear the shirt after what they've done, especially now: it's one thing to unsettle the manager when you're a great squad that still has the desire to keep fighting for a couple of years, and another to undermine him when you're not good enough to beat West Brom ffs.Honestly, sell the lot of them, they've been legends for us but they don't have the god given right to **** up our future because they want to pretend that they're not getting old.

If he dosen't like the manager then thats fine but not once did he come out publicly and say anything. Yes his performances have not been top notch but maybe thats because of his age and the fact the whole team have been poor. To say Lampard only cares about himself makes no sense to me what so ever.

Can't polish a ****, and that's what AVB has been working with, a whole bunch of turds.

Mythbusters proved that you can actually polish a ****.

Carl, it's time to take a step back and look at all these guys we've ******* loved and ignore everything but their actions. They've just pushed another manager out of the door, Frank's been moaning all season about the fact that he doesn't play enough (despite the fact that he's been pretty bad and he doesn't fit into the formation AVB was trying to bring in for the future) and yesterday none of them looked like they gave a **** about CFC. Like you said, if you don't like a manager fine but for them it wasn't fine because they undermined him and gave half assed performances for months. That's why I say Lampard only cares about himself because if he truly cared about the club, he would have supported the manager, squashed rumours when they came out instead of just saying silent (which is as bad as confirming it, to the press at least), and sat on the bench when he was asked and come on with fight and drive and passion and a desire to play for the ******* club.

He should have been given longer IMO. Long term project was the plan, but he hasn't been given long enough to fully implement his methodologies and style on the club yet. Not that AVB is blameless. He is most definitely underachieving and has had opportunities to buy and sell.

Most of all though the players are at fault IMO. People like Lampard, the so called consummate professional, going behind the manager's back just because he was unhappy at no longer being first pick. It just screams unprofessionalism and I would have thought he cared about the club too much to create as much upheaval as he has. It's not the first time either, the same thing happened with Ancelotti.

I honestly think it should have been the old guard of players who went, not AVB. He seemed to have lost the dressing room and when that happens you don't have much choice but to sack the manager, or get rid of the offending players, and Roman obviously valued the players more highly than AVB.

If Wenger left Arsenal, I certainly wouldn't mind Guardiola as a replacement.

I don't think Guardiola would be the right replacement to Wenger. Yes, he is a decent manager, but he is still yet to prove himself outside of Barcelona. If/when he leaves, is when he can be held in a higher regard.

I for one, speaking as a lifelong Chelsea fan, am dissapointed with the events of the past 12 months - I was saddened initially by the departure of Ancelotti, who I thought was doing a brilliant job though I will admit that I was optimistic toward the appointment of AVB. Looking back now however, there was absolutely zero chance of him ever being successful. He was appointed to turn around an aging side full of egos - whilst at the same time winning the league and the Champions League - all of that in the space of 9 months? Now while I can't say that I'm that sad to see him leave because of the way that he has handled himself at many points in the season and the fact that he has been thrown into such a huge job too early in his career, you can't help but be frustrated at the fact that we are fast becoming an embarresment.
Abramovich needs to show some real direction - he wants success and I think we can all sympathise with that - but unless he changes the mindset of the club and the atmosphere about the place then no manager is ever going to be a long term success at Stamford Bridge and we will descend back into mediocrity.
Important decisions to be made in June; the BBC says that Capello, Guardiola, Mourinho and Benitez are the favourites for the job, and while I wouldn't be too displeased to see any of their faces in the dugout, I also feel that Pat Nevin's suggestion of David Moyes for the job is a very credible shout for creating an actual legacy at the club - whether he'll even come into Abramovich's thoughts or (even less likely) if he got the job, would he get time to build a team to his style - is another question entirely.

Still feel very angry and annoyed about Andre being sacked. I really don't see what having Di Matteo in charge for the rest of the season will do Roman just needed to give Andre more time like with Carlo. Roman may have stopped the club most likely folding but I am really starting to dislike the man. Chelsea do not deserve a talented and world class manager again if they are just treated like this. Our club is joke and I am getting sick of this. I actually hope we finish outside the top 4 now so maybe then some of the players can take a hard long look at themselves.

Probably thinks the players will play better under Matteo, AVB losing the dressing room.

The whole exercise is just counter productive. AVB as a young manager would outlast Drogba, Lampard, Malouda, Terry, Cole and Cech as players. To me Abramovich should of walked into the dressing room himself a month ago and told all the players to put all there petty **** away and listen to the man he chose. I mean for god's sake, you have 6 players running the football club, all very well knowing that any manager is probably not gonna outlast them therefore they have giant ego's and are wrecking the clubs chances at everything!

I cannot imagine seeing Gerrard or Giggs sulking on the bench like Lampard has, Lampard looked so much like he didnt give a **** on saturday, you felt he was actually trying to get AVB the sack. Chelsea will never win a Champions League with such a warped sense of structure and authority.

People keep saying AVB wasnt ready for Chelsea, I disagree. He was brought in to change the team, start a dynasty that would rival Barcelona's sometime in the future and he was trying to do it all long, he never stopped telling the press why he was there.

Chelsea were clearly not ready for him.

He had no chance as soon as he dropped a couple of senior players e.g Lampard he was doomed. Too much player power at that club. Best thing would be for Lampard and Terry to take over as they think there so indispensable to the club cos any manager who comes in and doesnt pick them or they mates constantly is going only one way

People are allowed to change their mind, he came with so much promise but delivered so little Mike. From the day he said "every will get a chance to prove themselfs" you just thought that was wrong.

He came with a long-term plan, which he got 9 months to implement. AVB and Chelsea were never going to work, the club is far too short sighted, as is the owner.

He came with a long-term plan, which he got 9 months to implement. AVB and Chelsea were never going to work, the club is far too short sighted, as is the owner.

But a lot of these players had not played well since the November prior so for me he should have done more in the summer window.