Villas Boas Sacked

One of them managers was never going to stay on i.e Hiddink so i'll call it at 7. You don't understand mate, he was meant to be fazing out these older/finished players but not only kept them at the club but continued to play them week in week out. He dropped Lampard who has still been scoring goals and plays better when he is given a run in the side and replaced him with Meireles who appart from a few games has been absolutely diabolical.

So on one hand you criticise him for not phasing out older players, and on the other you criticise him for trying to phase out Lampard.

facepalm.gif

Lampard has been ****, only you've let goals gloss over his overall performance. Romeu was also playing and he was good. Fazing out the players requires replacing them. Hence why he needed the new summer window. FFPR meant they couldnt do it first window if they tried. I do understand what he was doing, unlike Roman, i also understand it wasnt going to happen in one season.

I dont care, chelsea's **** up is United's gain to be honest.

Everyone's gain tbh :)

Lampard has been ****, only you've let goals gloss over his overall performance. Romeu was also playing and he was good. Fazing out the players requires replacing them. Hence why he needed the new summer window. FFPR meant they couldnt do it first window if they tried. I do understand what he was doing, unlike Roman, i also understand it wasnt going to happen in one season.

I dont care, chelsea's **** up is United's gain to be honest.

His performances haven't been brilliant but a dam sight better than Meireles's. And you just said it yourself, Romeu was playing excellently but then was all of a sudden dropped?? Someone with more experience and know how should have got this job in the summer to do this job not a 33 year old who has only been a manager for 18months. Actually scrap that, Ancelotti should never have been sacked in the first place. He got rid of a lot of the older players the season before so whats to say he wouldn't have done it in the summer. I have no doubt in my mind that AVB will go on to be a great manager but this job came too soon for him and was too big for him.

So on one hand you criticise him for not phasing out older players, and on the other you criticise him for trying to phase out Lampard.

facepalm.gif

Its different when the replacement for Lampard (Meireles) was playing much worse than Lampard was in the first place.

Last edited:
Needed Berlusconi for Sacchi levels of backing to even begin to change things there. Wasn't happening. Dual demands of Roman wanting his purty football whilst also maintaining high levels of performance while team transitioned to that were obviously unrealistic. But then we learned that from Scolari and Ancelotti already. Roman's train set, and woe betide anyone who even scratches Thomas and James.

Never quite understood the full Villa Boas love-in from some quarters. Talented and driven man but too much, too soon? We'll see his real calibre in how he comes back from what's the first real setback of his short career in management.

Ironic thing is that Villa Boas' main thing is his ability to get players to buy into his philosophy and vision. The team-building aspect of management. Oopsy on that score. Moo-lite not commanding respect because he used to be the teaboy maybe?

Chelsea are a bit of a joke with managers, but then I don't think any manager walks into there now ignorant of the conditions they're working under. Plus the renumeration is very healthy. Surprised Capello isn't get bounced around as a name more. Short-term contract would seem ideal. That's if Roman can accept a healthy amount of pragmatism to drive results.

Needed Berlusconi for Sacchi levels of backing to even begin to change things there. Wasn't happening. Dual demands of Roman wanting his purty football whilst also maintaining high levels of performance while team transitioned to that were obviously unrealistic. But then we learned that from Scolari and Ancelotti already. Roman's train set, and woe betide anyone who even scratches Thomas and James.

Never quite understood the full Villa Boas love-in from some quarters. Talented and driven man but too much, too soon? We'll see his real calibre in how he comes back from what's the first real setback of his short career in management.

Ironic thing is that Villa Boas' main thing is his ability to get players to buy into his philosophy and vision. The team-building aspect of management. Oopsy on that score. Moo-lite not commanding respect because he used to be the teaboy maybe?

Chelsea are a bit of a joke with managers, but then I don't think any manager walks into there now ignorant of the conditions they're working under. Plus the renumeration is very healthy. Surprised Capello isn't get bounced around as a name more. Short-term contract would seem ideal. That's if Roman can accept a healthy amount of pragmatism to drive results.

It needed to be all or nothing. Dont hire him, or back him to the hilt. Really dont understand Roman.

But a lot of these players had not played well since the November prior so for me he should have done more in the summer window.

If not doing well in a single summer transfer window is a reason to be sacked then Arsenal should have been finished with Wenger years ago, Barcelona should have sacked Guardiola years ago so on and so forth. Anyway my point is, if a bad transfer window is a good reason for a manager's contract to be terminated, then football is certainly heading in the wrong direction.

Thank god Werner and Henry have a brain cell and haven't gone and sacked Dalglish because we had a reasonably poor transfer window an sit outside the top 4.

Well let's see what Lampard has done in aspect of impact on big games-

Man Utd 3-0 Chelsea ---Lampard Starts!
Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal --- Lampard Starts!
Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool---Lampard Starts!
Chelsea 2-1 Man City---On as a Sub
Spurs 1-1 Chelsea ----On as a Sub

So are you telling me he hasn't played! He has played in all the big games and only impact was against city! He was poor at United!

If not doing well in a single summer transfer window is a reason to be sacked then Arsenal should have been finished with Wenger years ago, Barcelona should have sacked Guardiola years ago so on and so forth. Anyway my point is, if a bad transfer window is a good reason for a manager's contract to be terminated, then football is certainly heading in the wrong direction.

Thank god Werner and Henry have a brain cell and haven't gone and sacked Dalglish because we had a reasonably poor transfer window an sit outside the top 4.

Its not just that though, players like Lampard deserve to be treated with respect because of what they have done for the club. Continuisly dropping him for someone who was playing worse only gets the fans on your back. He also is meant to build for the future and this was season 1 of 3 but how many appearences have the younger players had?? Bertrand, McEachran (before loan) and Lukaku have all has less than 20 appearences between them and this is with the players keeping them out playing very poorly i.e Cole, Drogba and Torres.

Its not just that though, players like Lampard deserve to be treated with respect because of what they have done for the club. Continuisly dropping him for someone who was playing worse only gets the fans on your back. He also is meant to build for the future and this was season 1 of 3 but how many appearences have the younger players had?? Bertrand, McEachran (before loan) and Lukaku have all has less than 20 appearences between them and this is with the players keeping them out playing very poorly i.e Cole, Drogba and Torres.

Again you want him to bring the youngsters through, while playing the old guard, all in one season? Riiiight, much like Roman, you are asking for way too much, way too soon.

Well let's see what Lampard has done in aspect of impact on big games-

Man Utd 3-0 Chelsea ---Lampard Starts!
Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal --- Lampard Starts!
Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool---Lampard Starts!
Chelsea 2-1 Man City---On as a Sub
Spurs 1-1 Chelsea ----On as a Sub

So are you telling me he hasn't played! He has played in all the big games and only impact was against city! He was poor at United!

I agree with the pace of the big games he proberly isen't the best player to rely on but he still has 10 goals in just 20 premier league starts along with 5 assists. And like i said his performances have been lightyears better than Meireles's.

Again you want him to bring the youngsters through, while playing the old guard, all in one season? Riiiight, much like Roman, you are asking for way too much, way too soon.

I never said he should play the old guard??

I agree with the pace of the big games he proberly isen't the best player to rely on but he still has 10 goals in just 20 premier league starts along with 5 assists. And like i said his performances have been lightyears better than Meireles's.

If it wasnt for Essien's injury, Merieles would have played less games.

He needed way more than one season, it was never going to be easy. Either you dont hire him, or you give him 3 seasons. What Chelsea did was the worst choice, and very typical of Roman.

I never said he should play the old guard??

What do you class Lampard? all he was doing was sometimes benching lampard for his poor personal and tactical performances, becuase he viewed him as a squad player.

If rotation is good enough for Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, its good enough for Frank Lampard.

If it wasnt for Essien's injury, Merieles would have played less games.

He needed way more than one season, it was never going to be easy. Either you dont hire him, or you give him 3 seasons. What Chelsea did was the worst choice, and very typical of Roman.

Meireles replaced Lampard at the time as a lot of the time Malouda was in the midfield 3 or he played Romeu (which he randomly started doing for no reason what so ever). I don't agree with a lot of what Roman does or has done but i 100% fully back this decision.

What do you classLampard? all he was doing was sometimes benching lampard for his poor personal and tactical performances, becuase he viewed him as a squad player.

If rotation is good enough for Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, its good enough for Frank Lampard.

Like i said bring through the youth give them more games but he didn't do that. He consistantly played Meireles poor performance after poor performance. It would have been okay if he replaced both Meireles and Lampard a couple of times with McEachran because it would be beneficial in the long run whether he had a good game or not. Lampard has always said i don't like being on the bench but if i am i'll do my best for the team when i get a chance. But when he and the fans see Meireles getting in the side for him every week its the wrong call it really is and there is no debating that.

What Chelsea fans are doing is they are letting there emotions ride over common sense! Nobody is undermining what Roman did for Chelsea but he is ruining the club now! Nobody could bring stability to a club like that where owner power is overriding everything manager the manager is doing! Somebody has to take a strong stance to save it!

Meireles replaced Lampard at the time as a lot of the time Malouda was in the midfield 3 or he played Romeu (which he randomly started doing for no reason what so ever). I don't agree with a lot of what Roman does or has done but i 100% fully back this decision.

Like i said bring through the youth give them more games but he didn't do that. He consistantly played Meireles poor performance after poor performance. It would have been okay if he replaced both Meireles and Lampard a couple of times with McEachran because it would be beneficial in the long run whether he had a good game or not. Lampard has always said i don't like being on the bench but if i am i'll do my best for the team when i get a chance. But when he and the fans see Meireles getting in the side for him every week its the wrong call it really is and there is no debating that.

If you back this decison, then why on earth were you so delighted to get him in the first place? It was pretty obvious from the start this was going to a big bumpy long term challenge.

Because if you are judging him on less than a season that is ridiculous.

What Chelsea fans are doing is they are letting there emotions ride over common sense! Nobody is undermining what Roman did for Chelsea but he is ruining the club now! Nobody could bring stability to a club like that where owner power is overriding everything manager the manager is doing! Somebody has to take a strong stance to save it!

It needed a stronger/more experienced manager to actually get rid of some of the older players. Failing that someone to use their experience and brain to say "look Lamps/JT/Drogs etc etc, i still need you here but i am going to give other more younger players more of a chance this season to try move this club on but i want you lot too help and guide them through".

If you back this decison, then why on earth were you so delighted to get him in the first place? It was pretty obvious from the start this was going to a big bumpy long term challenge.

Because if you are judging him on less than a season that is ridiculous.

I was excited because of the promise and ideas he had but as soon as he sold no-one in the summer and the underperforming players from last season started playing ***** again it was a losing battle. The only managerial decisions i disagree with was sacking Mourinho and Ancelotti, all the others had valid grounds.