Vocal 523_Huddersfield(expected 20th)_Ranked the 1st in EPL_Scored 65 in 21 games

I've found a great tweak for away games.

STCR man mark opponents left back (or wing back)
STCL man mark opponents right back (or wing back)
STC man mark opponent midfielder (DM > CM)

Change mentality from attacking to control.

The tactic are still great going forward, but you also nullify some of your opponents attacking threat.
Thank you for your information and effort.
It is very interesting.
I will test the way of yours to see if it would bring me better result.
Thank you!

this tactic work best for me with instant results, when i play the match my team isnt creating chanshes.

V2 is still leaking goals against big teams away

I mean it makes sense because you're playing against "Big Teams" and second of course you're going to expect the "Big Teams" to attack as much as they can especially when they're at home. Just try to sign better defenders and improve where you think your team is the weakest atm.

Hi VocalTraining

I see that in V2 you changed the duty of Wing Backs from Support to Automatic... Did you take this idea from TFF's Demolisher?

Before I saw that only TFF had Wing Backs on Automatic duty and I was wondering what the reason for that ? Can you explain ?

Thanks

Hehe :) I noticed that too

I've tried all popular tactics for FM18 that people posted on different forums and saw that only TFF’s Demolisher got Wing Back on Automatic duty

Now I see that VocalTraining has put Wing Backs on Automatic duty too...

What is the reseason for that?

First, I have not referred to TFF's tactic for my V2.
When I saw him updating his tactic v1, I found he uploaded no striker(3 attack midfielder) tactic again since fm17.
I did not want to use no striker tactic any more (since I had used it a lot in fm17), so from that time, I have never seen his tactic this year.
I am sure even if the role of wb of mine is the same as his tactic, individual instruction must be different with his.

Here is some explanation how to make some changes for my V2.
In my experience, V1 works very well with a big club or even mid class club to get every title.
However, for underdog, sometimes the result does not look very well.
Indeed, when I managed Huddersfield, it was hard to win against big clubs.
So, I would like to make a tactic for underdog, which could overwhelm or get many goals against those big clubs.
In every series of FM, there has been some amazing unrealistic tactics, and I would like to make that kind of tactic myself.

When using my V1, if a big team is selected, there is no defense problem at all in my experience.
All center defenders mark tighter as closing down with hard tackle to get the ball back, and only one center defenders is allowed to do more risky pass so that the ball is delivered to center midfielder or wing back, and they make long pass.
However, the defenders of underdog are not as good as one of big clubs, so when they mark tighter, they easily fail to get the ball back, which causes a lot of counter attack of opponents.
Moreover, when the defenders make short pass to deliver the ball to the CM or WB, their pass ability is not as good as one of big clubs, so opponents especially big clubs easily take my ball from them, and do counter attack.
So, I reduced their closing down a little bit, and allowed them to do long pass even though those passes would be bad pass.
Clearing the ball and losing attack opportunity is much better than making opponent do counter attack.
However, those changes reduced opponents' counter attack, but increased the opponents' possession and allowed some space to opponents, so opponents easily could make some dangerous long shot and kill passes.
To solve this, I changed the defenders' role to increase the defense line.
Those changes make the defense more firm and stable.
For attack part, I changed Carillero to BBM to make the position come in more on attack and defense. I also changed the individual instruction of WB so that underdog do counter attack more efficiently.
I found WB with support role for underdog sometimes allow opponents do counter attack, and WB with defense role for underdog decrease the efficiency of attack. That is why I change its role to automatic, and the result was better than before for underdog.

I hope this could be the answer for your question and curiosity.
By the way, when I refer to some other tactics, I always reveal it is tweaked tactic.
As I mention before, V1 is based on a lot of 523 tactics. I have spent a lot of time to combine them, mix them, and change some roles and instructions of them.
For this V2, I made it myself with doing more than 100 matches.

Thank you for your interest and using my tactic.
I always welcome feedback and you will get the best result using my tactic in FM 18.
Happy new year~!

Last edited:
So is version 2 a general upgrade and better than the v1.... or is it designed for underdog teams just for when playing better opponents?

I'm scared to change from version 1, I'm on like a 15 game winning streak!

What are the main improvements ?
Defensivly more stable ?
Better away from home ?

The purpose of V2 is that I want a tactic, which could make underdog to win against every one even big clubs.
That is why I have some tests with only underdog in several leagues first time.
For underdog, I am sure V2 is much better than V1.
For topdog, I do not have enough test yet, but result of Chelsea looks good.

I improved the defense of underdog and the efficiency of attack, especially counter attack.
Considering the fact that even underdog show more offensive tendency at their home, V2 would be better for away game.

I recommend if you manage big team, you could use either of V1 or V2. Maybe you use V1 at home and V2 at away.
If you manage a real underdog, Using V2 would be better for you.
Thank you.

After just a few matches testing the V2, this seems to be a real upgrade! Thanks for sharing!!

For me the most interesting change is the "close down less" PI on all central defenders. This seems to make it much more stable in defence, while not affecting its attacking power.
Thank you for noticing the changes.
I hope you will get the best result.
Thank you.

Last edited:
After few games testing V2.
Much more stable defence.
But the top 3 seems to score less. Maybe it's just too few games;

Thank you for using my tactic.
Did you have as many friendly matches as possible before the season starts?
V2 is for underdog, so tactic familiarity is more important than V1.

i changed some team and players instruction and win premier league with bournemouth ,callum wilson 52 goals, next season i buy savic from lazio and werner from RBL win PL and champions league ,wins 5-0 , 7-0 vs man ut,,barcelona etc this is boring i delete this tactic and try create no cracking tactic

Sitting in 2nd with Southampton after 22 games. 2 points behind City. Using V2 in most away games atm seems to be working good. Charlie Austin is just scoring for fun. Working amazing with Southampton specially considering the amount of injuries ive had this season. Only bought 1 player, De Ligt to replace VVD.

Finished first season with Southampton winning the Carabao Cup and EPL.

View attachment 1140154

View attachment 1140155

View attachment 1140156
Thank you for feedback.
Glad to hear that V1 works very well for even middle class team such as Southampton, and V2 works very well for away games.
I hope you will get every title next season.
Thank you.

Great advice. I often stay on attacking but do use man marking. The STC should always man mark the most defensive of the midfielders. This stops the opponents building their attacks early and also keeps the STC in a more advanced attacking position for counter attacks etc

Just tried this tip at halftime as I was 2-0 down to Plymouth in the FA cup (they are 2 divisions above me) I’m doing a youth challenge so my players are pretty low quality. Ended up destroying them 6-2! Going to keep it up for the next few games thanks for the tactic and tip

I've found a great tweak for away games.

STCR man mark opponents left back (or wing back)
STCL man mark opponents right back (or wing back)
STC man mark opponent midfielder (DM > CM)

Change mentality from attacking to control.

The tactic are still great going forward, but you also nullify some of your opponents attacking threat.

Great advice. I often stay on attacking but do use man marking. The STC should always man mark the most defensive of the midfielders. This stops the opponents building their attacks early and also keeps the STC in a more advanced attacking position for counter attacks etc

Played few games with Chelsea, its very strong in attack but still leaking as **** in defense

I am sorry to hear that some users have a leaking goals problem.
When I manage underdogs to test V2, I have not seen that problem.
Even though sometimes I concede some goals, I always make more goals and win.
Did you check the important information in red in main thread?
And for V2, tactic familiarity is more important than V1, so I strongly recommend you to have as many friendly matches as possible before new season starts and during the international match period and when you do not have any match in a week.

Moreover, the tweak idea suggested by 'Isolation 19' and 'arcadion' sounds good.
Actually I just tried Isolation 19's idea in just one game, and I could feel its effect.
So if you guys have some defense issue, just try those tweak idea in your game.
I think it worth a shot.
Thank you for feedback. I hope you will get much better result.

Last edited:
Med. pred. 9 use vocal v2
Play on holiday mode without any transfers. Nice results!
We fall start of season. But when fluid full team get good result.
60pts in 30 games with this team is pretty good results
View attachment 1140149
View attachment 1140150
View attachment 1140151
View attachment 1140153
View attachment 1140152
Thank you for your feedback.
For V2, the tactic familiarity is much more important than V1.
So it would be much better to have as many friendly match as possible before new season starts.
If you do it and play on holiday mode, you could be better result.
Thanks!

i changed some team and players instruction and win premier league with bournemouth ,callum wilson 52 goals, next season i buy savic from lazio and werner from RBL win PL and champions league ,wins 5-0 , 7-0 vs man ut,,barcelona etc this is boring i delete this tactic and try create no cracking tactic
I am very curious about the changes you made.
Could you share it for me so that I could check it and improve my tactic?

Back