Vuvuzela

In Portugal they are selling them for 1€. Everyone buys it. But the worst thing is that everyone uses it... I think it is the most annoying thing that have ever entered a football stadium after Sporting and Porto ^^)

Why should they be banned? "Oh they irritate me..." What about the drums or those instruments of trumpeting-ilk used at England games? Because tbh they irritate me.
They shouldn't be banned imo, I think they're great and really add to the atmosphere (H)

It's an integral part of the South African footballing culture, and hence the WC is held in South Africa it should be respected.

^^ these

i quite like the smaller version vuvuzela XD

Last edited:
The Confederations Cup was a nightmare with these ****** vuvuzela's

Do ya think that there's any chance that the vuvuzela's will drown out Andy Townsend... or is that just wishful thinking?!

Brazil has a similar thing to Vuvuzela , it's called 'Corneta' :)
I hate Vuvuzela!

These were free with the Sun on saturday

My dad can't stand them, was the reason I missed part of soccer aid, but they don't bother me that much.

African football and atmosphere wouldn't be the same absent vuvuzela's

i have one coming from ebay soon haha. lets get in the spirit lol.

I absolutely hate them.

The noise is going to be unbearable, and I like to hear the commentary so I can mock all of the bullshit they spout when they run out of facts to reel off.

There part of South African football. The World Cup is in South Africa, you know. Spanish and Italian fans whistle a lot during games, we sing and clap, South Africans have vuvuzelas. I think they're pretty cool :) Me and my mate got one free with the Sun from Tesco, its pretty funny to be honest.

Noise makers are extremely lame. Only fair weather fans/bandwagon fans use instruments or tools to make noise in order to intimidate opponents.

Real supporters scream until they can't talk and clap until their hands are sore. I've been to some USA NCAA football games (some of the most rabid supporters in the world IMO) and I've literally lost the ability to hear at times it was so loud

Noise makers are extremely lame. Only fair weather fans/bandwagon fans use instruments or tools to make noise in order to intimidate opponents.

Real supporters scream until they can't talk and clap until their hands are sore. I've been to some USA NCAA football games (some of the most rabid supporters in the world IMO) and I've literally lost the ability to hear at times it was so loud

Which explains why at almost all american sporting events you get music played after every event? for example before a faceoff in hockey or when someone scores points in basketball..

Go home please

They don't bother me the slightest.They only add to the atmosphere and,since it's a World Cup,that's a great thing.

'It'll make South Africa a unique world cup'.. By ******* everyone off