Want New Challenge vs People...competition?

• Thread starter Thread starter woper316
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 242
  • Views Views 16K
nice chaps, a runner-up and semi-finalist

setting the bar high i feel, i've lost 5/5 of my friendlies so far so a bit concerned :)

like the ideas for round 2, but let's keep them all and discuss on Wednesday...don't want to dilute the Melbourne City season

lost count of how many we've got doing the season but i think we should get a decent 5 or 6 included in our round 1 league table on wednesday
No pressure, I had a 100% friendly record :)
I counted, we have 9 players if everyone who expressed interest joins in
I've got a few more decent ideas for Wednesday if we decide not to do the ones I've said
Anyway, good luck everyone yet to do it!! :)

I am in progress in my save, although at a Stag this weekend so I am hoping I can get it finished...

Here's hoping

Melbourne City, Football Manager, you've got all the makings of a great stagdo right there!! ;) lol

I'm hoping you dont complete the season, that way i might finish above someone!

this is the most frustrating league ever.

i left my contract renewals to the assistant mgr...thinking i'm only here for one season.

he offered biggered contracts to a couple of the players and then when it came to registration i couldnt keep everyone. so released some squad players and left with only 14 players.

then i had another round of registration....the previous players release fees count towards the salary cap still!!! so I was over the limit again but with only 14 players left had to get rid of Damien Duff just to continue the ****** game.

So i've now got only 13 players and have released about 6 players i wanted in my team/squad.

joke

this is the most frustrating league ever.

i left my contract renewals to the assistant mgr...thinking i'm only here for one season.

he offered biggered contracts to a couple of the players and then when it came to registration i couldnt keep everyone. so released some squad players and left with only 14 players.

then i had another round of registration....the previous players release fees count towards the salary cap still!!! so I was over the limit again but with only 14 players left had to get rid of Damien Duff just to continue the ****** game.

So i've now got only 13 players and have released about 6 players i wanted in my team/squad.

joke

Just do it on FMC, those rules don't have any effect there. :)

View attachment 282511

Pretty poor season all round really - 9th place, was there from about week 3 and stayed all season.

Top scorer with 5 (and best player) - Mate Dugandzic

Roll on round 2, as I don't want to think about this season anymore haha

View attachment 817328

Pretty poor season all round really - 9th place, was there from about week 3 and stayed all season.

Top scorer with 5 (and best player) - Mate Dugandzic

Roll on round 2, as I don't want to think about this season anymore haha
Ouch. Did you get sacked at the end as I know they're predicted 3rd...?
And you never know, someone could do worse...
Speaking of getting sacked, what happens if you do?

No didn't get sacked although suspect I didn't have long left. Had two ultimatums.

If you get sacked you come below anyone who finished the season. If two get sacked it's how long they lasted.

Even though I did terribly lol I still really enjoyed the season completely random league. Looking forward to round two where I need to up my game!

good effort though, pipped to both by local rivals!

You were banging them in during the season, over 20 goals more than anyone else then drawing a blank in the biggest game of the season.

Terrible start to the season, turned it around after dropping the senior players and going with youth! Took a while to get going tactically, finish 4th in regular season..

View attachment 281471

before a 3-0 thumping by league winners Perth Glory in the semi-final.

View attachment 281469

Ah made the same mistake I did and ended up with the youth squad too! You held it together better than I did though.

League table updated...

View attachment 281385

Will anyone submit their completed season today to topple AW190?? We need a 'Final Series' winner!!

Let's get recommendations for Round 2 now too. Put up any league and team - plus any stipulations - by 8pm today UK time, then we'll vote by midnight and can start Round 2 seasons after that.

PS Melbourne City are on BT Sport on Sunday @ 8am and their currently in the last play-off place with 2 games to go!

I'll do anything! :P Maybe someone like Leicester, Hertha or Chievo? Or maybe go PSV, but with no transfers? :)

I'm really up for anything also, preferably stay away from England for the first few though. Great way to get the fun back into FM for me!

Agree with staying out of England for now. Perhaps this round we go with a team in a big league (Chievo, Hertha) and then Round Three we go somewhere mental like Uzbekistan!

Agree with staying out of England for now. Perhaps this round we go with a team in a big league (Chievo, Hertha) and then Round Three we go somewhere mental like Uzbekistan!
Rajistan! South Korea! :P

Back