Started to use Vortex V2 for my fourth season (2019/20) managing Schalke 04.

First league game was an away win (2-3) against Bayer Leverkusen. Great result fo course but tbh the team didn't perform very well, as I conceded TONS of chances to Bayer's strikers and won the game only thanks to a lucky free kick from Dimitri Payet (btw he's just as awesome as he is in real life, please do yourself a favor and buy him).

Two questions:

1) What do you guys do when you want to defend an early lead against a strong opponent? Do you switch to counter, lower the d-line etc. or you don't tweak absolutely nothing?

2) What's the best option when down to ten men? Removing the AMC? Is it advisable to tweak other options as well?

Thanks in advance :)

i always removeAMC if a man down and change d-line when trying to hold a lead 20 mins from the end.plus use teamtalks ingame to encourage the players.

Starting XI?

06c0e-703cb5cf-e674-45a8-b0d4-acb8265b89fb.png

I was going to start a new save with this, but it seems there is a new patch out, so I will wait for some feedback on how the new patch affected the tactic.

OMG it looks like 90% of FM players are using Man Utd at the moment.

I have always found it boring to start a save with a super rich team, already filled with world class players. But everybody plays as he wants of course...

Hopefully the tactic still works with the new update as I've based my whole f*ing pre-season on it...

PIs

Nice work .
how about sharing the player instructions so a tablet user can try in league 1/league 2?

Started to use Vortex V2 for my fourth season (2019/20) managing Schalke 04.

First league game was an away win (2-3) against Bayer Leverkusen. Great result fo course but tbh the team didn't perform very well, as I conceded TONS of chances to Bayer's strikers and won the game only thanks to a lucky free kick from Dimitri Payet (btw he's just as awesome as he is in real life, please do yourself a favor and buy him).

Two questions:

1) What do you guys do when you want to defend an early lead against a strong opponent? Do you switch to counter, lower the d-line etc. or you don't tweak absolutely nothing?

2) What's the best option when down to ten men? Removing the AMC? Is it advisable to tweak other options as well?

Thanks in advance :)

i never touch the d line. but when i play vs team like barca real madrid city in away match i will use the waste time tactic in the 75 min to protect the lead

Is there an away version or tweak for the tactic? Cause it really works well for me in home matches but im struggling away, even with oponnents which I should win by media prediction.

thanks tzahy.have u experienced any problems with vortex v2 since the patch was released?

Thanks. Can you share player instructions? We can't see them on iPad

thanks tzahy.have u experienced any problems with vortex v2 since the patch was released?

i have just finsh my season , so i havent play with the new patch yet

i guess so its 17.2.0 in my game

I have watched few matches under the new patch and didn’t notice any changes at all.

If you look at the patch notes then you see that the ME changes are mostly bug fixes in the commentary/Stats/GK fixes so there aren't any significant changes at all.

All tactics will be working the same under the new patch as before...

MATCH AI (v1703)
----------------------------------------------
- Improved implementation of Inverted Wing Back role
- Fixed shots which were also free kicks not displaying as Set Pieces on chalkboard
- Fixed rare case of match getting stuck after ball is thrown out of play
- Fixed example of a player clearing rather than throwing
- Improved mentality of teams down to 10 players
- Fixed issue where injured players from AI teams sometimes don't get substituted when injured during a goal
- Fixed ball going through ad-hoardings
- Fixed issue with the match incident thinking the pen shootout goal was own goal
- Fixed rare issue with player being treated on side line being used for offside decisions
- Fixed inability to alter closing down setting for certain role/duty combinations
- Improved instance of referee and carded player not facing each other
- Fixed rare instance of dribbling past opponent commentary being used inappropriately
- Fixed instances of player incorrectly being considered to have made a mistake
- Fixed rare instance of inappropriate commentary for a free kick
- Fixed instances of player being considered to have performed a dribble too soon after controlling the ball
- Fixed instance where we would skip to dead time before a red card occurred
- Fixed ghost goal example
- Fixed deflections not being accounted for properly
- Fixed keeper handling and judgement bugs
- Improved outfield player judgement of ball AI
- Made keeper use strongest side for throw outs where possible
- Fixed a handball mistake/chalkboard event being assigned to a goalkeeper who was inside their own area
- Improved distance a player can be offside for a disallowed goal to be deemed "controversial"
- Fixed keeper bug where he could deflect it in same slice as save causing own goal
- Fixed subs being subbed off too early in case of a red card
- Improved instances where Key Passes were not recorded
- Fixed issue with assistant manager not following user's instructions when user holidays match and ticks use formation + use current team when possible

Last edited: