hey tff, mate if u have hazard neymar and mkhitaryan, who will you use as your amc?

Great new patch is ok still
we have the best players and teams. All good

im on tablet so cannot see the individual PIs - can someone please share for each position?

great thanks

Great new patch is ok still
we have the best players and teams. All good

im on tablet so cannot see the individual PIs - can someone please share for each position?

great thanks

will do it for u my friend once ive cooked dinner,put kids to bed etc but not sure what time im afraid

I have watched few matches under the new patch and didn’t notice any changes at all.

If you look at the patch notes then you see that the ME changes are mostly bug fixes in the commentary/Stats/GK fixes so there aren't any significant changes at all.

All tactics will be working the same under the new patch as before...

MATCH AI (v1703)
----------------------------------------------
- Improved implementation of Inverted Wing Back role
- Fixed shots which were also free kicks not displaying as Set Pieces on chalkboard
- Fixed rare case of match getting stuck after ball is thrown out of play
- Fixed example of a player clearing rather than throwing
- Improved mentality of teams down to 10 players
- Fixed issue where injured players from AI teams sometimes don't get substituted when injured during a goal
- Fixed ball going through ad-hoardings
- Fixed issue with the match incident thinking the pen shootout goal was own goal
- Fixed rare issue with player being treated on side line being used for offside decisions
- Fixed inability to alter closing down setting for certain role/duty combinations
- Improved instance of referee and carded player not facing each other
- Fixed rare instance of dribbling past opponent commentary being used inappropriately
- Fixed instances of player incorrectly being considered to have made a mistake
- Fixed rare instance of inappropriate commentary for a free kick
- Fixed instances of player being considered to have performed a dribble too soon after controlling the ball
- Fixed instance where we would skip to dead time before a red card occurred
- Fixed ghost goal example
- Fixed deflections not being accounted for properly
- Fixed keeper handling and judgement bugs
- Improved outfield player judgement of ball AI
- Made keeper use strongest side for throw outs where possible
- Fixed a handball mistake/chalkboard event being assigned to a goalkeeper who was inside their own area
- Improved distance a player can be offside for a disallowed goal to be deemed "controversial"
- Fixed keeper bug where he could deflect it in same slice as save causing own goal
- Fixed subs being subbed off too early in case of a red card
- Improved instances where Key Passes were not recorded
- Fixed issue with assistant manager not following user's instructions when user holidays match and ticks use formation + use current team when possible

Guys, I must to add that there's only one change in the patch that causes significant impact on the ME and how tactics work:

MATCH AI (v1703)
----------------------------------------------
- Improved implementation of Inverted Wing Back role

The behavior of IWB role has been significantly changed/reworked in the patch and if your tactic uses this role then I recommend revisiting your tactic...

But not many tactics use IWB role so for the most of tactics there won't be any changes after the patch...

Last edited:
I can confirm that the tactic still works as I'm getting the same good results as I was getting before the update.

The player filters are the same for the 2 tactics?

The filters are outdated and I can't update them at the current moment but you can still use them if you make some changes: remove the old filters for STC/ML/MR positions and add new filters for them:

STC

Vortex_STC.png

AML

Vortex_AML.png

AMR

Vortex_AMR.png

Filters for other positions are the same as for the previous versions

Last edited:
Hello, TFF I have been using your tactics since fm 2016 with unecpected success!!! One question though, can i untick the offside trap in Vortex? Because, while I do very well in offence, the team tends to concede goals from long range passes from enemy team. It seems tha the offside trap is not working for me at all while the defence is very high...

OK guys... we had some conversation before about Dline and some guys told me "Don't change NOTHING" and you will be happy! so i was continuing my save with Bournemouth and don't change a **** in Varlox 2. But if ill show in the pic the game with Man city was the last drop in the Ocean! couse i lost 3:1 but all 3 goals was scored absolutely just becouse of HIGHER Dline... aguero was killing my defensive thru his pace.So i decide to find a solution! and made kind a away tactic or against BIG TEAMS tac.

*AM put down to DM position (support)
*Add 4 instructions 1.shoot less 2. dribble less 3. mark tighter 4.fewer risky passes
*drop defensive line to slighly deeper

and thats it! here are my rest of results... and specialy look whats happend in green line...
View attachment 114941

OK guys... we had some conversation before about Dline and some guys told me "Don't change NOTHING" and you will be happy! so i was continuing my save with Bournemouth and don't change a **** in Varlox 2. But if ill show in the pic the game with Man city was the last drop in the Ocean! couse i lost 3:1 but all 3 goals was scored absolutely just becouse of HIGHER Dline... aguero was killing my defensive thru his pace.So i decide to find a solution! and made kind a away tactic or against BIG TEAMS tac.

*AM put down to DM position (support)
*Add 4 instructions 1.shoot less 2. dribble less 3. mark tighter 4.fewer risky passes
*drop defensive line to slighly deeper

and thats it! here are my rest of results... and specialy look whats happend in green line...
View attachment 1092695

So good mate. And the other resultats are with this tweaks ?

That's good thinking Wigo15. I might add that it is not the D-line that is the main problem or the position of the players. I think it's the offside trap, I noticed my defenders pushing up but unfortunately standing still in order to play the trap while a through or long ball is played. Maybe unticking it will solve it. I will try and post if successful.

Yeah guys tweak it! I made that tweak in 5 minutes and it start wark immediatly... but i believe its more space to improve! Its just... you just supose to be an suicedal to play as bournemouth against man city open wide! I always thought that it always should be 2 tactics to use... home- away or leader -underdog...

So good mate. And the other resultats are with this tweaks ?

As you can see i am 8th position after 27 games... no transfers ant the beggining... its very good but i could be in top 4 i think if i would use my tweak since the beggining