Watford : The yellow army marching forward

Your layout is nice and easy to read. I personally don't really mind about the layout as long as I can understand the story. Stick with your current one but if you wanted to change something then maybe you could centre everything so all the text (mostly) goes under the banner.

yh cheers m8 thats a great idea . ill keep the same layout but i will centre it all and ill use the sky sports logo

Flattered my layout got a mention :D I changed my layout for the premier league season to just a screen shot the fixture list because it saves time and i think its neater. But i like you layout mate and you have got alot of followers by using it so I wouldn't change now. Can you but up a screenie of the league table next update please?

im gonna stcik with current layout, next update will come in a bit , ive been at torquay, it would have been earlier but game went to extra time

Last edited:
4th december 2010

attachment.php

Blackburn Profit From Wasteful Hornets

_47277832_olssongetty.jpg

martin olsson celebrates scorin the 3rd goal

Blackburn 3-1 Watford
Verpakovskis 16, Blake (p) 10
Hoilett 28
Olsson 53

watford wasted many chances against ten man blackburn but they ended up losing 3-1.

Blackburn's ryan bertrand recieved a red card for a proffesional foul after 9 minutes. blake scored the resulting penalty on 10 minutes. experienced striker verpakovskis equlised on 16 mins with a placed shot. winger david hoilett put the home side in front on 28 mins with a close range effort. full back travner had the chance to make it 2-2 but he missed his penalty. an error from demerit allowed olsson to score a fine header form 5 yards.

Thomas said " its frustrating to miss so many chances but thats football."

View attachment 98179 View attachment 98180

7th december 2010

attachment.php

Watford Battle To Deserved Victory

article-0-061D090D000005DC-313_468x286.jpg

Robbie Blake Netted 2 Goals For Watford

Watford 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday
Petrucci 1 - Clarke 45
Blake (13,31 ) - Tudgay 54

Watford battled to a deserved victory over sheff wed at vicarage road.

davide petrucci got watford off to a flyer scoring a placed shot on one minute. it was superb and petrucci was delighted. robbie blake doubled watford's lead with a powerful effort on 13 mins. blake added his second goal on 31 mins with a great solo effort. striker leon clarke pulled one back on 45 mins with a placed shot.

striker tudgay pulled another back on 54 minutes with a powerful effort. tenacious midfielder james o connor then walked early for persistent foulin on 79.

View attachment 98193

That is a seriously tight Championship mate. And one f the best standard I have seen will be very tough to get promoted this year. But id say your up to the challenge :p

Danny Graham is my 2nd cousin in real life and he said that he does not care about the money that much only if his happy, the only team he would move to is Newcastle united, and btw i bet Danny is top scorer in the championship this season

I had alot of loaned players but their 3 month stay is expiring. I just realised I can't do anything about it. How do I get them on a long term loan?
I chose to ask here since you would probably be the best one to know as you had some or your loaned players for the season. Thanks if you have the time to help.

I had alot of loaned players but their 3 month stay is expiring. I just realised I can't do anything about it. How do I get them on a long term loan?
I chose to ask here since you would probably be the best one to know as you had some or your loaned players for the season. Thanks if you have the time to help.

im not to sure, i think you can wait till the transfer market in january opens and loan until the end of season m8, that what i di with cristaldo last season

im not to sure, i think you can wait till the transfer market in january opens and loan until the end of season m8, that what i di with cristaldo last season

Thanks mate I'll try and pull it off until January. I'll try a few short term loans until then. Serves me right for replacing my Watford players will loans.

EDIT: I forgot to ask in my previous post but how much was the initial fee for him? I can't seem to do more than 3 months so I guess I would need to wait until the transfer season for End of Season loanes like you said.

Last edited:
keshs - i didnt have to pay an intial fee, i made an offer to loan him and velez didnt want a fee or any wage contribution.

11th december 2010 - 28th december 2010

attachment.php

Watford In Control To Record Great Victory

Hornets-to-ponder-DeMerit-options-e6f374ea-a212-4d4c-b2cb-83f5da488aa1.jpg

Jay DeMerit netted 2 goals and missed the penalty for a hat-trick

Norwich 1 - 4 Watford
Hoolahan (p) 91 - DeMerit (13,54), Petrucci 58 , Nevland 61

an efficient performance saw watford run out 4-1 winners away at carrow road.

captain jay demerit scored the first with a good header on 13 mins, demerit followed up with the same on 54 mins. petrucci made it 3-0 on 58 mins with a placed shot. on loan striker nevland scored his first goal on 61 mins with a powerful effort. demerit could have had a hat-trick but he missed a spot-kick on 86. when traore gave away a penalty ,hoolahan scored it to make it 4-1 on 91.

demerit said" im delgihted to score 2 but i should have had a hat-trcik."

View attachment 98418

attachment.php

North End Win Battle Of Vicarage Road

0,,10362~8726581,00.jpg

keith treacy netted the 2nd goal for preston

Watford 2 - 3 Preston NE
McGinn 8 , Nevland 25 - Albrington 1, Treacy 60, Travner OG 88

Preston battled their way to a 3-2 victory in a well matched contest against watford.

winger albrington got preston off to a flyer with a good header on 1 minute. Stephen McGinn equalised on 8 minutes via the penalty spot. experienced striker erik nevland put the home side infront with a screamer from 20 yards. winger keith treacy scored prestons second in the 60th minute with a powerful effort.
the last goal of the game was an own goal by travner which will undoubtely cause him some embarrasment on 88 mins.

Thomas said " im annoyed to concede so late but we need to forget about it."

View attachment 98432

attachment.php

Hornets Shocked By Sky Blue Army

Coventry+City+v+Barnsley+B1SuMBsNy-7m.jpg

elliot ward scored cov's first

Coventry 2 - 1 Watford
Ward 34, Molina 45+2 - Nevland 51

Watford left the ricoh dissapointing after dropping to a defeat 2-1 to coventry.

centre- back elliot ward gave coventry the lead with a powerful effort on 34 minutes. Molina then doubled the lead with a header in injury time of the first half.
Striker erik nevland pulled one back on 51 mins with a placed shot, watford also had a goal dissalowed on 80 mins.

Ward said " get in, its a great victory but watford will still be near the top at the end."

View attachment 98438

attachment.php

Watford Lose Again After Missing Chances

besian-idrizaj-935477744.JPG

Idrizaj scored the only goal

Swansea 1 - 0 Watford
Idrizaj 10

swansea battled to a victory over watford, although watford missed many chances.

Besian idrizaj scored the only goal after 10 minutes with a placed shot. watford also saw there 82 minute strike questionably chalked off. watford also managed to hit the post twice.

Thomas said " we have to put this run behind us quickly and get a win."

View attachment 98442

Last edited:
1st January 2011

Watford Record Great Win In 3rd Round

taylorland_nfrench.jpg

Denny Landzaat neeted his first goal against former teamate ryan taylor

Watford 3 - 1 Newcastle
Petrucci 4, Landzaat 15, Nevland 43 - Nolan 10

a deserved 3-1 victory for watford was greeted with delight by the victorious teams fans and players alike.

Midfielder davide petrucci gave watford the lead on 4 mins with a poachers effort. petrucci looked delighted. kevin nolan equalised on 10 mins with a great effort from 18 yards.
midifielder denny landzaat scores his first on 15 mins with a curling shot from 20 yards. erik nevalnd complted the scoring on 43 mins with a placed shot.

Thomas said " im delighted to be into round 4, roll on the big boys."

View attachment 98827

Watford Have Today Been Drawn Against STOKE AWAY In Round 4 Of the FA Cup

attachment.php

Watford In Control To Beat Iron

0,,10400~8262800,00.jpg

McGinn Scored the only goal of the game

Scunthorpe 0-1 Watford
McGinn 29

watford battled to a deserved 1-0 victory over the iron at glanford park.

Stephen McGinn Scored the only goal on 29 minutes with a placed shot from 14 yards.

Thomas said " im happy to get 3 points and remain in the play-offs."

View attachment 98826

attachment.php

Watford Too Good For Pilgrims

nasim-ben-khalifa-514.jpg

Khalifa scored his first senior goals by scoring a hat-trick

Watford 5 - 2 Plymouth
Ben Khalifa ( 11,32,45 ) - Clark 52, Fallon 57
Nevland 60
Duits 69

Watford were reasonably comfortable against plymouth and showed it by winning 5-2.

striker ben khalifa scored a placed shot on 11 minutes and then followed it up with a screamer form 20 yards on 32. ben khalifa then added his 3rd with another placed shot on 45 minutes. Midifiedler chris clark pulled one back on 52 with a 25 yard scremaer. Fallon the got another one on 57 minutes with a placed shot.

Experienced striker nevland then made it 4-2 on 60 minutes with a good header. duits completed the rout on 69 with a close range effort .
Nevland Said " im happy here and loving my football."

View attachment 98828

Last edited:
12 January 2011

attachment.php

Watford Ease To Victory Over Charlton

Danny Graham ended his 10 hour goal drought

Watford 4 - 1 Charlton Athletic
DeMerit 31, Cowie 52, Graham 73 , Khalifa 89 - Shelvey 37

A highly polished performance saw watford claim a 4-1 victory.

Captain Jay DeMerit gave watford the lead with a header on 31 mins. charlton equalised through shelvey on 37 mins with an effort from 17 yards. scottish midfielder don cowie scored on 52 mins with a placed shot. graham scored on 73 to extend the lead further and ben khalifa completed the rout on 89 mins with a fine header.
Graham Said " Im delighted at finally scoring"

View attachment 98830 View attachment 98831

15th and 22nd January 2011

attachment.php

Great Game Ends In Draw At Bramall Lane

Uniteds_1515195c.jpg

Ched Evans netted the equaliser

Sheff Utd 1 - 1 Watford
Evans 22 - Nevland 11

Watford and sheffield united battled out a well fought draw on saturday.

Experienced striker erik nevland gave watford the lead on 11 minutes with a placed shot. ched evans equalised for united on 22 minutes following a mistake by jay demerit.
DeMerit said " its another point for the team and keeps us in good shape."

View attachment 98835

attachment.php

Watford In Good Display Against Potters

0,,10310~8639457,00.jpg

Ryan Shawcross scored the only goal

Stoke 1 - 0 Watford
Shawcross 11

Watford gave a good account of themselves against stoke in the 4th round of the fa cup.

ryan shawcross sezied on an error by the returning scott loach to score the only goal with a fine header on 11 minutes.
Thomas said " im really impressed with the performance today"

View attachment 98862

Last edited:
25th January 2011

attachment.php

Last Gasp Winner For The Toon

article-1262209-08ECB285000005DC-485_468x330.jpg

Newcastle Celebrate The Very late Winner

Watford 1 - 2 Newcastle
Ben Khalifa 56 - Szczesny OG 22, Di Santo 90+3

Watford will be feeling very dissapointed after conceding a goal with the last kick off the game.

Goalkeeper szczesny was left red faced after puttin the ball into his own net on 22 mins. nassim ben khalifa equalised for watford on 56 with an absolute screamer from 25 yards.

But disaster struck when watford failed to clear and di santo scored in the 93 minute.

View attachment 98872

29th January 2011

attachment.php

Late Goal Rescues Point For Watford

0,,10400~7030304,00.jpg

Watford celebrate the late equaliser

Wolves 2 - 2 Watford
Foley 18, Doyle 85 - Blake (50,90+3)

watford grabbed a late equaliser to ****** a draw against wolves.

Foley gave wolves the lead on 18 minutes with a powerful effort from 18 yards. robbie balke equalised on 50 minutes with a placed shot. kevin doyle then scored what seemed the winner on 85 mins with a well executed finish.
Blake then equalised in the 93rd minute to ****** an unlikely draw for watford.

Blake said " im delighted to score 2 and take a draw."
View attachment 98876

headerwatford.png

Nassim Ben Khalifa Gets Player Of Month Award

View attachment 98877

Nassim ben khalifa has today been awarded the championship player of the month. he had averaged over a goal a game this month.

he said " im happy to get the award, im am happy at watford, josh thomas is a great manager."

5th February 2011

attachment.php

Watford And Ipswich Play Out Bore Draw

gun__1264684271_Szczesny_510.jpg

Wojech Szczesny didnt really have anything to do against ipswich

Watford 0 - 0 Ipswich

Watford and ipswich played out a dull 0-0 draw against each other at vicarage road. watford had the better of the play but couldn't score.

View attachment 99034

attachment.php

Watford In Control As Reds Are Brushed Aside

images

Junior Agogo scored the only goal

Watford 1 - 0 Barnsley
Agogo 48

Watford battled to a deserved victory over barnsley on a fine afternoon in london
Watford finally took the lead when junior agogo scored a powerful effort on 48 minutes.

Assistant Dyche Said " im happy to get another win and it keeps us in a good position."
View attachment 99052

Last edited:
19th February 2011 and 26th February 2011

attachment.php

Watford Too Good For Foxes

Watford-v-Doncaster-Danny-Graham-celeb_2345235.jpg

danny graham scored the opener

Leicester City 0 - 2 Watford
Graham 14, Blake 71

Watford were eventually too good for a poor leicester side at the walkers.
danny graham made it 1-0 on the 14th minute with a well timed close finish. robbie blake made it 2-0 with a placed shot on 71 mins.

Thomas said " it moved us upped to 5th which is good."

View attachment 99071

attachment.php

Another Win For Watford

11364_10268

sander duits scored the winner

Blackpool 1 - 2 Watford
Eardley 29 - Cowie 5, Duits 87

watford recorded a 2-1 victory over blakcpool with a late winner. Midifielder Don cowie got them off to a flyer with a poweful effort on 5 minutes. eardley then equalised on 29 minutes for blackpool with a deflected shot. duits scored the winner on 85 minutes with a ball bundled in from 2 yards.
Thomas said " were still in good shape and need to push on."

View attachment 99072

Last edited: