Watford : The yellow army marching forward

11th September 2010

attachment.php

Quality Shines Through For Watford

jack-wilshere_1459162c.jpg

Jack Wilshere Netted His first 2 Goals For Watford

Plymouth Argyle 1-2 Watford
Barnes 54, Wilshere (10,60)

Watford battled to a deserve victory over plymouth on a fine autumn afternoon in the westcountry.

midfielder jack wilshere got watford off to a flyer by scoring a placed shot into the bottom left corner on 10 minutes. Striker ashley barnes then equalised for plymouth in the 54th minute with a powerful effort from 18 yards.

An error from damien johnson allowed wilshere to double his tally and win the game for watford witha placed shot after good play from the midifield.

Thomas said " it is another win and good for the fans im pleased with how the team are performing."

View attachment 96913

17th september 2010

attachment.php

Brilliant Defence Puts Hornets Top of the Tree

Watford+v+Sheffield+United+AlINe7tbdJBl.jpg

Don Cowie battles for the ball as watford win 2-0

Watford 2-0 Sheffield United
Graham 3
Hoskins 43

a sturdy defence and a battling midfield display were the foundations upon which watford built there 2-0 victory over sheffield united this evening.

things did not get off to a good start for sheffield united as striker danny graham seized on an error by ciaran clark to score a close range header on the 3rd minute.

an error from ex watford player tom cleverley allowed striker will hoskins to score the 2nd with a placed shot on 43 mins.

Thomas said " im delighted to be top, but were there to be knocked off so we have to keep going."

View attachment 96918

What did you ask the board?
I mean like what were your expectations? Top half finish, promotion, champions etc..

first season they said mid table finsh, but in second season i couldnt chose they said they expect me to get play-offs

Last edited:
How did you play Cristaldo mate, like poacher - attack ?

as a poacher

Cristaldo was a brilliant loan for you, though they're asking for 40% of his wages paid which is a bridge too far for my finances.

Good luck with the playoffs though. :D

EDIT: Also can I ask you what role you put Graham in? Since I know his is a good player but I can't get the best from him.

Cristaldo was a brilliant loan for you, though they're asking for 40% of his wages paid which is a bridge too far for my finances.

Good luck with the playoffs though. :D

EDIT: Also can I ask you what role you put Graham in? Since I know his is a good player but I can't get the best from him.

cristaldo is quality i didnt pay any of his wages in first season tried to get him back but he moved clubs for 3 million.

i played graham as a target man

i played a 4-3-1-2 formation

18th September 2010

attachment.php

Newcastle Ease To Victory

article-1263528-08FD84FF000005DC-632_468x324.jpg

Joey Barton Celebrates Scoring the First Goal

Newcastle United 2-0 Watford
Barton 25, Di Santo 36

Watford failed to cause an upset at st james' park as newcastle coated to a 2-0 victory.

The match began in controversial circumstances as joey barton was denied claims for a penalty.
Barton gave watford the lead with a powerful effort from 18 yards on 25 minutes. enthuastic striker franco di santo currently on loan rounded off their victory on 36 minutes with a close range header.

Thomas said " it was difficult today, but its a tough place to come but we still remain in a decent position,2nd."

View attachment 97117

Last edited:
22nd September 2010

90040215.png

Watford Shocked In 3rd Round

Derby-v-Coventry-001.jpg

Rob Hulse celebrates scoring the 2nd past Scott Loach

Watford 0-2 Derby County
Davies 13
Hulse 45+2

Watford might be wondering how they didnt manage to get something out of derby as a close game ended in a 2-0 victory for the visitors.

things didnt get off to a good start after an error from young full back Lee Hodson allowed steven davies to nip in and score from 6 yards on 13 mins. another watford error this time from taylor allowed rob hulse to double the lead on half time with a placed shot.

Thomas said " of course it would have been nice to get through but we have to take it on the chin and focus on the league now."
View attachment 97183

attachment.php

Another Defeat For Poor Watford

daniel-bogdanovic-001.jpg

Bogdanovic celebrates the second goal on 35 minutes

Barnsley 2-0 Watford
Hammill 7
Bogdanovic 35

Barnsley enjoyed a comfortable 2-0 victory over watford. the win was deserved for barnsley who turned the supiority into goals in the championship game at oakwell.

Winger adam hammill got barnsley off to a flyer by scoring a placed shot on 7 minutes. it was a superb solo effort, hammill looked delighted.
striker daniel bogdanovic finally rounded off their victory on 35 minutes with a fine header form point blank range.

Thomas said " we were poor today, we need to put these poor showings behind us and pick up some wins."

View attachment 97223

28th September 2010

attachment.php

Watford Record Overdue Win

1722_crop_340x234.jpg

Jack Wilshere celebrates scoring his 3rd goal for watford

Watford 2-1 Leicester
Wilshere 3, King 16
McGinn 83

Watford recorded there first win in 3 games after battling to a hard fought win over leicester on a autmn afternoon at vicarage road.

young highly rated midifielder jack wilshere got watford off to a flyer by scoring a placed shot from 20 yards on 3 minutes, he looked delighted. midfielder andy king than equalised for the foxes on 16 minutes with a powerful effort from 16 yards.

Midfieder Stephen McGinn then clinched a late winner for watford on 83 minutes with a fine curling shot from the edge of the area. McGinn's impact delghted the fans and manager Josh Thomas.

McGinn Said " im delighted that we've won its a big boost for the lads, and im really happy with my goal."

View attachment 97233

2nd October 2010

attachment.php

Watford In Control Against Tractor Boys

article-1301031-0AB66176000005DC-456_468x286.jpg

Watfords Danny graham was Instrumetal and got A Goal

Ipswich 0-2 Watford
Cowie 33, Graham 88

An efficent performance from watford saw them run out 2-0 winners over ipswich at portman road.

Midfielder don cowie gave watford the lead with a free kick screamer for the edge of the area on 33 minutes. an error from ian evatt allowed danny graham to score the second with a powerful effort on 88 minutes.
Jack wilshere also fractured his arm ruling him out for 4 weeks.

Graham said " this win puts us 3rd which is excellent and we need to keep it up."
View attachment 97242

Last edited:
September 2010

Monthly Review

Top Goalscorer

Jack-Wilshere-1.jpg

Jack Wilshere - Goals -3

Player of the Month

0,,10400~8910371,00.jpg

Rating - 7.48

Young Player of The Month

0,,10400~8910310,00.jpg

Rating- 7.22

Last edited:
6th October 2010

attachment.php

Wolves Grab Deserved Win

3AEB1548-D556-2403-68D57D4FCB1418AC.jpg

Kevin Foley celebrates scoring the only goal

Watford 0-1 Wolves
Foley 72

wolves finally took the lead when full back kevin foley got forward and scored a well timed close range finish on 72 minutes. Both teams had a number of attempts but the finshing was poor.

Thomas said " its dissapointing but we need to pick ourselves up."

View attachment 97341