ive tried that already and found that it becomes too crowded in the oppositions half. also if you are playing a team who counter attack then you tend to get beaten as you have no defensive players tracking back.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

again.....i have only tried this tactic with the villa.
however if you have pacy wingers and a good play maker then it should work.

please note, i retrain my centre mids to have defensive AND centre mid roles!!!

veloso has already got good defensive stats though i dunno wa else to try lol

vukevenic on the left?? WHY?? he plays class as the attacking centre mid??

also dont really rate ben arfa, takes an age for him to start producing decent ratings. sort your wingers out our kid.remember that they need to have pace!

******* just payed 20 mil for him!!!!! lol nah il try a pacey winger how bout lennon

******* just payed 20 mil for him!!!!! lol nah il try a pacey winger how bout lennon

no hes wank.runs all day but no end product.you can snap him up for about 1.5 million if you hang on 2 seasons.
i would recommend:
guardado, he'l cost you a bit, but hes worth it.
marquinhos, good striker/winger/attacking centre mid.
ashley young if you can get him??
bojan!!get on a free after 1st season.

play vukevenic attacking centre mid mate

I'm using your tactic again mate, this time as Swansea in the Championship (started a new game with them) and I'm on a good run. In six games I've got 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.

I've bought myself a good (championship) target man who has good heading, jumping, off the ball, finishing etc attributes and am looking him to get him starting. Have you got any tips on adapting him to the tactic, increasing crossing from certain positions etc?

right lads

im back!!!!!!!!!

redders decided to ban me and didnt have the balls to confront me over it. says it all really in my opinion..........
anyways, have noticed there are a couple of threads that have been started asking about their villa team and possible tactical solutions.
lets try and stick to one thread guys, talk me through your tactics and we'l compare notes.

wayne

Last edited:
Hi Wayne, I am in my 2nd season with Villa and am 12th in the league... My team has no consistancey..... My main players are.. B Fredel..... L Young... D Santon... C. Davis... M Lausen... C Culler.... D. Beckham.. G Barry.. A Young... J .milner... J. Fleck. .... G. Agbonlarhour.... E. Heskey.... Zucclini.... J Carew... S. Petrov... Robinho.....

I am playing patch 9.03... Will your tactic work on this patch??? Thanks for your help

Hi Wayne, I am in my 2nd season with Villa and am 12th in the league... My team has no consistancey..... My main players are.. B Fredel..... L Young... D Santon... C. Davis... M Lausen... C Culler.... D. Beckham.. G Barry.. A Young... J .milner... J. Fleck. .... G. Agbonlarhour.... E. Heskey.... Zucclini.... J Carew... S. Petrov... Robinho.....

I am playing patch 9.03... Will your tactic work on this patch??? Thanks for your help
No point asking him mate,he's been banned again.:D

oh banned!!!! I don;t suppose you know if this tactic works on patch 9.03.... I find it so hard finding a good tactic for Villa.... I normally win a few then go on a massive losing steak......

Well it wont cost you anything to try it yourself mate.I dont see why it wouldnt work,if your already losing loads what harm can it do.

i know you have said who you have bought and all but for how much? and also do you think this works in 9.3? as i am just starting a new game with old villa :) thx

I'm having trouble downloading this tactic as I have a mac, can anyone post the screenshots for the individual player tactics? I would be eternally grateful to you if you could

Thanks!

now this is a good tactic, best I've seen so far, used it with portsmouth and am 4th and going pretty good, thanks alot man (H)

this tactic is not that effective with 9.3.0...****, was my favor tactic. gotta do something (6)

i like the idea of this tactic but does anyone find that they ship quite a lot of goals, particularly straight down the middle between the two CB.

my team is

Friedel
Young (injured)/Santon
Shorey/Bouma (injured)
Laursen
Davies/Cuellar
Petrov
Barry
Milner (AML)
Agbonlahor (AMR)
Young/Buonanotte (AMC)
Cardozo/Carew

I started off like a house on fire but it all seems to have gone awry!
Any suggestions, or just stick it out?

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:09 PM ----------

one match from the end of the season - man utd to play. 8th at present (max place is 6th, min is 9th). however, i won the uefa cup and got to the final of the league cup. so it must be doing something right. i am going to invest heavily in the old defence, maybe a new right back and i am going to try and strengthen the CM, maybe get rid of stan and replace hime with a DM.
Also, anyone want an absolute goal machine - go for cardozo. amazing. pretty good stats. quite cheap - about 5.5million i think. scored about 26 in 31 or something but unfortunaltely has missed around half the season through injury - hope that is just bad luck. so i think next season, if he stays fit, he will get into his stride for the whole season.
also, weirdly, gabby plays quite well in AMR.
what are people's opinions on marquinos. he has been dreadful for me since i shipped out ten million for him!

Benfica never sell Cardozo cheaper than 15-20kk due his importance to club. Yes he really is a goal machine but he suffer heavy injuries quite often so mate that wasnt just a bad luck. For the back-up i strongly recommend you Seleznyov. Hes like a clone of Oscar and avalaible for ~7kk only.

About Marquinhos...dont have much to say about him but he never find a place in my starting 11. Maybe i just dont know how to focus on him...