We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Kerguelen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 392
  • Views Views 93K
View attachment 393475

August
We win the Icelandic Cup.
Our Performances were very good this month.
Unfortunately star striker 'Olli Nygard' suffers a long term injury.

August Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Njardvik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 393474
A good win marred by injury to star striker Olli Nygard. He will now be missing for up to 4 months with a torn hamstring :@.

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 393473
An expected comfortable win for us. All 3 of my fit strikers were on the score-sheet today. Just a shame there was no Olli Nygard to score another goal here.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fram (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 393472
A strong performance as we beat Fram 3-0 to claim another Icelandic Cup trophy.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Vikingur O (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 393471
Another very strong performance as we run out 4-0 winners over an overachieving 'Vikingur O'.

Stjarnan 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 393470
We get the win we wanted over Stjarnan, but they made it difficult for us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 393469
A brilliant performance here as we hit Valur for 6. Striker 'Ari Anttila' manages to net a hat-trick in the process.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 393468
We have pretty much confirmed the league title is ours for the 13th time in a row. We just need 1 point in our last 4 fixtures to confirm the league, which I expect we will take in our next fixture.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 393467
'Tor Skippervik' was our best player this month. The striker was on top form this month, just like he's been throughout the majority of the season.

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 393459 View attachment 393464 View attachment 393475 View attachment 393463
Chelsea..............Olympique Marseille............Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur.............Sparta Prague

I think it's going to be really tough to get 2nd place this year. Chelsea are obviously a world class side, and I expect Marseille to still be too strong for us. Again we also have Sparta Prague in our group, and of course I expect 6 points against them.

Youth Intake

View attachment 393456
Again it's been a poor youth intake. This was our best of the bunch. Weather he would be good enough to be a backup player in the future, only time will tell but I highly doubt it.

What To Expect In The Next Update

How many points will we win the league by.

I think the reason your youth intakes are so poor is because Iceland has a low youth rating. You should get a feeder club to try to get a player of a different nationality

I think the reason your youth intakes are so poor is because Iceland has a low youth rating. You should get a feeder club to try to get a player of a different nationality

I do have 'FK Zeljeznicar Sarajevo' (The best team from Bosnia & Herzegovina) as one of my feeder clubs but I haven't had any players from that nation come through the ranks.
I really would like the core of my team to be Icelandic though, but I'll obviously need some better quality Icelanders to do this. My youth recruitment status is only 'above average' and it seems can't improve it.

View attachment 392553

September
Some more very good performances this month.
We have won the quadruple again this year
:)
Another unfortunate long-term injury.

September Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 392552
A great performance here. Central defender 'Thorri Atlason' must have thought he was a striker as he managed to net a hat-trick.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Sparta Prague (Champions League Group G)
View attachment 392550
A very good start to the Champions League group stage with a 3-0 win over Sparta Prague.

Breidablik 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 392549
An expected 2-0 win over struggling Breidablik.

Haukar 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 392548
A brilliant performance. Tor Skippervik who has been such an amazing nets a very impressive hat-trick. Unfortunately central midfielder 'Marvin Nunez' tore a calf muscle and will be missing for about 4 months :(.

Keflavik 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 392547
I didn't put out a very strong side today, but we still managed to get the win over Keflavik.

View attachment 392545
We ended up winning the premier league by 22 points. Although I obviously expected to comfortably win the title, I still didn't expect to win it by so many points, especially ad we were looking a bit shaky earlier on in the campaign.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 392542
Tor Skippervik was our best player this month. The 21 year old striker has had a sensational debut season with us.

A review of this season.

View attachment 392166

Season Review
Another quality season.
We won the quadruple for the 2nd time in a row.
It's now the 4th time in 5 years we have won the quadruple.

Stats

View attachment 392165
'Olli Nygard' was 3rd in the scoring charts with 18 league goals in only 13 league appearances. I'm sure if he wasn't injured for the final 2 months of the season he would have scored at least 25.
'Olli Nygard' also had the best average rating with 8.13 over the league season.
'Tor Skippervik' was top of the assist chart with 18 league assists.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 392164
We were not in the top 3 for the fair play award. Not surprising as we had a few more yellow cards than usual, and had a player sent off in the league for the first time in years.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 392163
We had 3 players in the team of the year. Espen Falch-Olsen, Kim Roger Kampesveen & Tor Skippervik were in the team of the year.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 392162
Despite the fact I won all domestic trophies I only came runner-up in the manager of the year award. The manager of Fram (Hallgrimur Johannsson) won the award.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 392161 View attachment 392159
Tor Skippervik was our player of the year. The striker managed 21 goals & 28 assists in 31 appearances in all competitions. What an amazing debut season at the club. Skippervik was also voted as the Icelandic Premier League's footballer of the year

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 392160 View attachment 392158
Patrick Knudsen was our young player of the year. The right-back who has the potential to be one of the best defenders in the world constantly put in brilliant performances over the season. Knudsen was also voted as the Icelandic Premier Leagues young player of the year.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (19 Years With KR)

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]Year[/TD]
[TD]Upper League Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Champions Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Cup[/TD]
[TD]Icelandic Premier League[/TD]
[TD]Europa League[/TD]
[TD]Champions League[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013[/TD]
[TD]Semi Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]2nd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014[/TD]
[TD]Semi Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2018[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Runners Up[/TD]
[TD]2nd[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2019[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]3rd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2020[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[TD]3rd Qualifying Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2021[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2022[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]3rd Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2023[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]1st Knockout Round[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2024[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]3rd Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2025[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]4th Round[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Playoff Round[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2026[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Lost[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2027[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2028[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2029[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Quarter Finals[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2030[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners [/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Group Stage[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2031[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]Winners[/TD]
[TD]N/A[/TD]
[TD]Still Involved[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

A review of the Champions League Group Stage.

View attachment 391737

Champions League Journey

We won our first group game 3-0 at home to Sparta Prague. Here's how the other 5 group games went.

Olympique Marsielle 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group G)
View attachment 391736
What A Performance!!! I didn't expect to get anything from this game away to the current French Ligue 1 champions. We were brilliant and 'Tor Skippervik' scored what must be a contender for goal of the year.

Chelsea 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group G)
View attachment 391735
A very solid performance as we pick up a surprising point away to Chelsea. We missed a penalty as well, so who knows what might have happened if it wen't in. Still i'm not even disappointed with missing the penalty after claiming a point here.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Chelsea (Champions League Group G)
View attachment 391734
We done it again! We managed to hold Chelsea to another goalless draw. Again we were excellent throughout the whole 90 minutes and fully deserved the point.

Sparta Prague 2-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group G)
View attachment 391733
This was a draw which i'm not happy with. We looked quite shaky in defense and the 2-2 draw was a fair result. We didn't do enough to deserve 3 points. The only positive was 'Olli Nygard' scoring 2 goals in his first game back from being sidelined for nearly 4 months with a hamstring injury.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Olympique Marsielle (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 391731
WOW!! This is possibly my best result on this save so far. After we missed an early penalty I though things would go ****-up. Instead it seemed to fire us up, and we completely dominated the first half and went into the break 3-0 up. In the second half we went a bit more defensive and just held our 3 goal lead.

Champions League Group G Table

View attachment 391722
Amazing. We managed to win this group & we were unbeaten. This was a group where I though i would only finish 3rd. I would have been delighted to scrape 2nd, but I just couldn't believe how well we performed. I'm so proud of my players.

A preview of the upcoming season.

View attachment 391518

Pre-Season
A good pre-season.
We tour Ireland for our pre-season friendlies.
We smash our transfer record to bring in a new attacking midfielder.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Cork City 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Shamrock Rovers 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Sligo Rovers 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Dundalk 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

We win all 4 of our pre-season friendlies with ease, scoring 19 goals and only conceding once.

Players In

View attachment 391515
We smash our transfer record and pay ?500k to bring in 18 year old attacking midfielder 'Jorgen Bertilsson' from Swedish side Helsingborg. I firmly believe Bertilsson can become a world class player in the future & i'm very much looking forward to seeing him develop. Our previous transfer record was ?350k.

View attachment 391514
Our 2nd signing is 18 year old central midfielder 'Ludek Horak' who comes in from Sparta Prague for a fee of ?100k. As part of the deal we have agreed to loan him back to Sparta Prague until the end of their season (end of June). He looks like he can become a real quality player and look forward to him joining the team in a few months time.

Transfer Center

View attachment 391512
Not too much to talk about with regards to players leaving the club. The most notable player is 'Magnus Mar Hauksson' joinging Fram on a free. The attacking midfielder was on loan at Stjarnan last season where he scored 18 league goals in 15 league games. I'm surprised they didn't try to sign him. Either way Fram have a good player for free.

We play Scottish giants Rangers in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round. Can we get past them?
Do we get off to an expected winning start to the Upper League Cup Group Stages?

Last edited:
View attachment 391250

February
An expected good start to the Upper League Cup group stages.
We play the away leg of the Champions League 1st knockout round.

February Fixtures

Thor Akureyri 0-8 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 391249
What a performance. Everyone had an amazing game. we scored 8 goals and had 7 different goal scorers which was very pleasing. Attacking midfielder Jorgen Bertilsson scored on his debut.

Rangers 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)
View attachment 391248
We are held to a 1-1 draw in Glasgow. We were the better team over the 90 minutes & I've seen enough to believe we will win the 2nd leg back in Reykjavik.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Njardvik (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 391247
A 2-0 over Njardvik, although if we had finished off our chances it really could have been an annihilation.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 391246
A quality performance as we win this game 4-0. The only negative I suppose was that we picked up 5 yellow cards during the game, even though I don't think they were all deserved.

Upper League Cup Group B Table

View attachment 391245
3 games played, 3 wins, 14 goals scored & none conceded. Can't complain!

Player Of The Month

View attachment 391244
Gudmunder Kolbeinsson was probably our best player this month. Everyone played well though, so it was difficult to choose.

Can we get past Rangers? Its all square going into the 2nd leg.
Will we continue to dominate in the Upper League cup group stages?
We are looking to bring in 1 more player. Will a deal be done?

View attachment 391028

March
Can we dare to dream? Things are looking very good in the Champions League :D.
We're going strong in the Upper League as expected.
We bring in 1 new player, probably our last signing for this season.

March Fixtures

Vikingur O. 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)

View attachment 391027
A good performance results in a 3-0 win over 'Vikingur O'.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Rangers (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / Second Leg)
We win 3-1 on aggregate.
View attachment 391026
Birkir Mar Magnusson, who spent 3 years at Rangers came off the bench to haunt his old club. He scored 2 goals to give us a 3-1 aggregate win. Into the quarter finals of the Champions League we go.

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggdar 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 391025
An expected comfortable win over our first division opposition.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Valur (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 391024
A quality performance against the Valur who only team in our group who could realistically take points off us.

Manchester United 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Quarter Finals / First Leg)
View attachment 391023
A brilliant result. Man Utd were very dominant in the first half managing 19 shots against us and went into the break 1-0 up. I had to change things around a bit in the 2nd half and we managed an equalizer from star striker 'Olli Nygard'. The 2nd half was a much more even half, and we have come away with a great result. Who knows what will happen in the 2nd leg at home. The only downside is 'Tor Skippervik' picking up an injury which will keep him out for around 2 months.

View attachment 391022
We've won our group with a game to spare. The only team that could have troubled us was Valur and we beat them.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 391021
Birkir Mar Magnusson has been in great form this month and takes the player of the month award. The attacking midfielder scored 3 goals this month.

New Signing

View attachment 391020 View attachment 391019
We bring in 18 year old central midfielder 'Reggie Armstrong' from Jamaican club Montego Bay Utd for a fee of ?725. He could turn out to be a quality player so we've got a real bargain here.

After a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford can we pull off a massive upset and get past Manchester United?
Will we win the Upper League Cup for the 11th time in a row?

View attachment 390767

April
The Champions League? Is it really possible? Can we really begin to dream?

April Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Manchester United (Champions League Quarter Finals / Second Leg)
We go through on away goals after a 1-1 draw in the first leg.
View attachment 390766
We done it!! We made it past Man Utd. We held firm and secured a 0-0 draw against one of the worlds best teams and make it to the Champions League semi-finals on away goals. The city of Reykjavik won't be sleeping tonight as fans start to believe that maybe, just maybe there's a possibility of an appearance in the Champions League final. We will play Spanish giants Valencia in the semi-finals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-2 Vikingur R (Upper League Cup Group B)
View attachment 390764
Back to the domestic duties. We easily beat first division side Vikingur R, despite going through a 10 minute period where a 3-0 lead somehow was cut down to 3-2. In the end we won 6-2 and I'm happy with that.

View attachment 390763
Domination, which was expected.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 390759
A comfortable 2-0 victory which comes at a huge cost. Wonderkid 'Viktor Mar Gardarsson' picks up an injury which will keep him out for 2 months. It's a massive blow because he will miss the Champions League semi-finals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs (Upper League Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 390758
My backup & reserve players do the business as we reach the upper league cup finals, where we will face Stjarnan.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Valencia (Champions League Semi Finals / First Leg)
View attachment 390757
We play very well and record a 0-0 draw with Valencia. Both our keeper & their keeper pulled off a couple of world-class saves, and the draw was probably the fair result. All to play for in 6 days time.

Stjarnan 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 390756
What a performance!! Key players such as Espen Falch-Olsen, Patrick Knudsen, Kjell Skarin, Olli Nygard & Kim Kampesveen were all rested for the champions league game but the players I put out were amazing. I didn't expect we would destroy Stjarnan like this. What a way to win our 11th Upper League Cup in a row.

Valencia 3-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Semi-Finals / Second Leg)
Valencia win 3-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 390753
It just wasn't to be tonight. We battled hard, but Valencia were just too strong for us. Despite having a good amount of possession we just couldn't do much with it, while Valencia were able to make numerous chances & buried 3 of them. There's no shame in this defeat though. We have done so well to get this far.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 390752
Patrick Knudsen has been a beast in defense this month. He's probably our best player, and he definitely played like it this month.

What To Expect In The Next Month
Back to just domestic games.
We have a tricky fixture list playing, playing Fram twice and Valur once.
One of the games against Fram is for the Icelandic Champions Cup. Can we win this trophy?

View attachment 390456

May
A good start to the premier league campaign.
We win the Icelandic Champions Cup.
One player comes in on loan for the rest of the season.

May Fixtures

Fram 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 390455
A solid performance as we beat Fram 2-0. Of recent times they seem to have overtaken Valur as Iceland's 2nd best team.

Fram 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 390454
We beat Fram for the 2nd time in the space of just a few days. A good start to the Premier League campaign for us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-3 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 390452
This was a very entertaining game. Our defending could have been better, but we went all out attack on Valur, and it looks like they did the same to us.

Njardvik 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 390451
A decent performance sees us beat Njardvik 3-1.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 8-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 390450
This was the Gudmundur Kolbeinsson show. The striker scored 5 goals in a league the match to destroy Keflavik.

View attachment 390449
We won our first 4 league game to go 2 points clear at the top.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 390445
Gudmunder Kolbeinsson get's the award after 5 goals against Keflavik.

New Signing

View attachment 390444 View attachment 390443
We bring in Brazilian goalkeeper 'Erico Vinicius' on loan for the rest of the season. My first choice keeper 'Espen Falch-Olsen' will be at the Euro's with Norway and my backup keeper 'Asgeir Risholt' might also be called up to the Norway squad so I needed a good keeper to play during a lot of June & July.

Champions League Over-Achievers

View attachment 390441
After reaching the Semi-Finals of the Champions League we were considered the over-achievers in the last seasons Champions League campaign. I didn't expect to get that far but i'm delighted we did.

Some key players will be missing as they will be at the Euro's. Will we cope without them?

Last edited:
Have Iceland made a major international competition yet? Because if so it would really tear your squad apart.

Have Iceland made a major international competition yet? Because if so it would really tear your squad apart.

Iceland have made the Euro's twice, but never the World Cup. Fortunately they haven't made it this year otherwise I really would struggle. I'll be missing my Norwegians & Swedes during the Euro's though and that's about 10 players. Also Patrick Knudsen will be playing for Denmark so it still looks like being a difficult month, or 6 weeks depending how far my players countries go.

View attachment 390025

June
A fairly short month.
I was able to delay a lot of my fixtures to half my squad missing at the Euro's

June Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 390024
A very good performance as we beat Stjarnan 4-0 to advance in the Icelandic Cup. My much weakened squad didn't feel like a much weakened squad.

Afturelding 2-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 390018
A fairly good performance & result considering the players we were missing.

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 390016
Again a fairly good performance & result considering the players we were missing.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-1 Vikingur O (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 390014
A brilliant performance here as we smash an over-achieving 'Vikingur O'.

View attachment 390013
We are 1 point behind Fram, but we have 2 games in hand. I expect we will go back above Fram once we've played the same amount of game they have.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 390012
I'm glad Finland didn't make the Euro's as I think we would have struggled without Olli this month.

Our players will be back & just in time for a very busy month.
We also have to qualify for the Champions League this year which adds more fixtures I could have done without :(.

View attachment 389669

July
A very packed month, but we cope Very well.
A few teams were one the end of some big batterings.
We had everyone back early in the month which was exactly what we needed.

July Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389668
A comfortable 2-0 win which was to be expected.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389667
A very good performance and result as we put 4 past Fjolnir.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-2 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389666
Another very good performance especially in attack. Both 'Olli Nygard' & 'Marvin Nunez' managed to score 2 goals. Unfortunately we did gift Fram their 2 goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389662
An amazing performance here. We controlled this game from start to finish and put 5 past Stjarnan.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Njardivk (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389661
Again an amazing performance. This time we put 6 past Njardvik. 'Tor Skippervik' scored a hat-trick in the process.

Fyllir 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 389659
We put 5 past Fylkir as we progress in the Icelandic Cup.

Fram 2-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
We win 5-4 on penalties.
View attachment 389657
Fram came very close to pulling off a smash & grab win. We dominated pretty much all aspects of the game, but somehow the score-line remained 2-2 after normal time and then extra time. Everyone knows how bad we usually are at penalties, so I did fear the worst. We won the shoot-out and we deserved it. (Even the Fram manager admitted we deserved the win)

CSKA Sofia 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 389651
An easy win over the Bulgarian giants. This tie is pretty much over already.

View attachment 389649
We are 5 points clear of 2nd placed Fram & still have 1 game in hand over them. I can see us running away with it again. I just don't think anyone is going to mount any sort of challenge for the title.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 389646
Olli Nygard was our best player this month.

Another very busy month. How will we fare?
A couple of players may be leaving. Who will go?
Can we win the Icelandic Cup again?
What will our Champions League group look like? (Assuming we qualify which I expect we will)

View attachment 389218

August
Another busy month but again we cope very well.
A couple of players leave the club.

August Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 CSKA Sofia (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 5-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 389235
A good 3-0 win in the home leg see's us win 5-0 on aggregate.

Keflavik 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389234
A double from 'Gudmundur Kolbeinsson' helps seal a narrow 2-1 victory over Keflavik who are doing well this season.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Valur (Icelandic Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 389233
A brilliant performance sees us beat Valur 4-0 to reach the Icelandic Cup Finals. The amazing 'Olli Nygard' got a hat-trick to add to his many hat-tricks for us.

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggdar 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 389232
I didn't put my strongest side out today against my first division opponents, but we got the job done in style. We dominated the game and won 5-0 and it could have been a lot more. A great way to win the Icelandic Cup.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 CFR Cluj (Champions League Play-off Round / First Leg)
View attachment 389231
I had expected to beat the Romanian giants but not by such a large margin even though they did have a man sent off late in the first half. We were brilliant today and the 6-0 win means this tie is over before the 2nd leg. 'Tor Skippervik' managed to score a hat-trick.

Stjarnan 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389228
We get the win we wanted over a 'Stjarnan' side who have struggled a bit this season.

CFR Cluj 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Play-off Round / Second Leg)
We win 8-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 389226
All the hard work was done in the first leg, and we were able to relax today. We still picked up a good 2-0 win which means we win 8-0 on aggregate.

Vikingur O' 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 389224
An easy win over 'Vikingur O' who had a man sent off in the first half. Both 'Olli Nygard' & 'Tor Skippervik' managed to score doubles.

View attachment 389222
We are 5 points clear of 2nd placed 'Fram' with 3 games in hand. The league is pretty much ours now.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 389221
Striker 'Tor Skippervik' was our best player this month.

Champions League Group Stage

View attachment 568581 View attachment 568584 View attachment 389218 View attachment 389220
Valencia FC.....................CSKA Moscow.................Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur..........Sparta Prague

This is a group I'm happy with. Valencia, who are current Champions League holders should win this group easily. CSKA Moscow will be a tough opponent, but I feel we can beat them & finish 2nd in this group. As usual we also have Sparta Prague in our group who will most likely finish bottom.

Youth Intake

View attachment 387647
This was the best player from our youth intake. Despite only having a 2.5 star potential I feel he can become a good player in the future. I like his 20 determination, and I will have him tutored by someone who also has 20 determination and hopefully we will see him develop well.

Transfer Center

View attachment 389219
We see 2 players leave the club on a permanent basis.
27 year old defender 'Thorri Atlason' leaves to join Italian side 'Udinese' for a fee of ?4.1mil. He was constantly moaning about a lack of first team action so I decided to let him go.
The other player to leave was 17 year old 'Arnar Sverrisson' who joins Scottish giants 'Celtic' for a fee of ?2.5mil. He was a decent youngster, but I didn't see him developing enough to ever break into the first team so I decided to let him leave.

How many points will we win the league by this year?
We have won every league game so far. Can we record a 100% record this season?

Last edited:
I've been quietly following this for ages and I look for updates pretty much every day, your doing well and i'd love to see a post dedicated to details like your finances, co-efficients and things :)

I've also got a save similar with Bala Town, in 2026 and after never finishing higher than 3rd in a champions league group I've just topped one that consisted of Fc Porto, PSG, and Vitesse built on defense only conceding 3 in 6, I've got Juve in the first knockout :D

One of the best stories I've ever read, considering the challenge you were presented with. I know the Guernsey Youth story is one of the most well known on this forum, but given the rep of the nation I'd consider your achievements better than that.

One major question, can we have a review of the other teams in the country, their top players? You dominate everything nationally so I wondered what the competition was like.

Back