We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

Unlucky against Valur, can see them becoming some fierce *** rivals before too much longer! Hopefully you can knock them from their perch though and look to better your start in the coming months!

All the best!

Valur already are 1 of my local rivals, looks like they're also becoming rivals for all domestic trophies. I'm very much starting to dislike them, but i'll enjoy battling with them :).

View attachment 442062
June
A much better month in terms of performances.
35 year old central defender 'Gretar Sigfinnur Sigurdsson' who has been at the club for 11 years, announces he will retire at the end of the season.

June Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)

View attachment 442061
After we missed a 3rd minute penalty I was worried things wouldn't go as planned, but the missed penalty didn't effect my players mentally & we ran out deserved 4-1 winners.

Fjaroabyggo 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 442059
A 3-0 win against our much weaker opponents is what I expect & we met those expectations.

Stjarnan 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 442056
A strong performance, especially in the first half, saw us beat a strong premier league side 2-0. Young dedender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' gets himself on the scoresheet.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 442055
It took us a long time to get going in this game and we were very disappointing in the first half. It took us until the 74th minute to score with a deflected effort. We then scored 2 more very late in the game. Unfortunately 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' is out for 6 weeks with a sprained ankle.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 442054
The old saying ''If you want something done you do it yourself''. Our 2-0 victory against 'Valur' means our rivals finally drop points for the first time this season. Looks like no-one else has the ability to beat them at the moment.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 442052
Despite not even being halfway through the premier league campaign, it's already looking very much like a 2 horse race between us & Valur. I can imaging when I play at Valur later in the season that will be the game which decides the title, unless 1 of us go on a very bad run.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 442051
Gudmunder Gunnarsson has been in superb form this month, both defensively & going forward.

What To Expect In The Next Update
Will Valur slip up? Will we slip up?
Will any of us slip up?

View attachment 441841

July
An average month.
Injuries are becoming a problem.

July Fixtures

Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441840
A very good performance here as we run out 4-1 winners. My young defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' who's being developing very well scores another goal.

Haukar 3-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441838
Very disappointed to draw this game as we were 3-1 up with 20 minutes to go. It was a very poor defensive display form my defense.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441837
Furious! Absolutely furious to draw at home to possibly the weakest team in the league. Performances like this will end up costing me the league.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Tindastoll (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441836
We easily won this game although our opponents did get a man sent off very early in the game. I don't think we would have won so comfortably if our opponents had 11 men for the whole game.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-1 Ferencvaros (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 441835
We destroy Hungarian giants 'Ferencvaros' in the first leg & we are pretty much through to the next qualifying round. I wasn't expecting to win by such a large margin.

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggoar 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 441834
An decent performance against a first division side sees us into the quarter finals of the Icelandic Cup.

Ferencvaros 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 441831
A very poor performance. It's a good thing we won the first leg 5-1.
We win the tie 5-3 on aggregate.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 441830
Through to the semi-finals of the Icelandic Cup. We were brilliant in the first half, not so good in the second half.

View attachment 441829
We are back down to 2nd, behind 'Valur' after we drew 2 of our league games this month. I'm concerned about how well Valur are doing this season.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 441828
Captain 'Finnur Margeirsson' has been our best player this month leading by example.

Can we win the Icelandic Cup?
Will Valur ever slip up?
How far can we progress in Europe?

View attachment 441682
August
An awful August.
No positives whatsoever.
Valur are pretty much guaranteed the league
:mad:.
I will have a complete overhaul of my squad in the summer.

August Fixtures

Dinamo Zagreb 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)

View attachment 441681
Not a bad result as we have an away goal, but Dinamo are a tough opposition who can easily score at our place.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Dinamo Zagreb (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 441680
Through to the playoff rounds with a great 4-1 win (5-2 win on aggregate). We will again be in the group stages of either the Champions League or the Europa League, depending on if we win or lose our playoff fixture.

Keflavik 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441679
We slipped up and handed Valur a big advantage in the title race. My first choice keeper got himself injured in training 1 day before this match and is our for a month & my backup keeper just doesn't look up to the challenge. 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' also got himself injured AGAIN! It might be time to sell him.

Fjolnir 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 441678
Into the finals where we will face Valur (Who i'd rather not face right now). Another long term injury as 'Heidar Hauksson' is out for 2-3 months with a torn groin muscle.

Valur 3-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 441677
This is the 2nd trophy Valur have beat me to this season & my dislike for them is growing stronger, especially as their manager keeps running his mouth. We didn't play well enough to lift the trophy though. It looks like Valur will be winning the treble this year, as I doubt we will win the league :mad:.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 PAOK (Champions League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 441676
Not too surprised we lost this match as our Greek opposition were a much better team. Lets just hope we can keep the score respectable when we travel to their place.

Fjolnir 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441675
A good win and at least the Gary Martin & Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldson strike partnership works as they both have over 15 goals between them so far.

PAOK 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 441674
At least we didn't embarrass our here. We lose 3-0 on aggregate & go into the Europa League group stages & bring in just over ?3,000,000.00 (just like last year) in prize money which we needed.

View attachment 441673
Valur are well ahead of us, and although we have 3 games in hand, we won't catch up as we have to play our final 8 league games & some Europa League group games in the next month with an injury ravaged squad.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 441664
No one played well enough to deserve any sort of recognition this month.

Europa League Group Draw

View attachment 441667 View attachment 441666 View attachment 449426 View attachment 441682
Bourissa Monchengladbach.......FC Lorient........K.R.C Genk...............Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Just like last year we were again handed a very tough group. We need to just keep the scorelines respectable against Gladbach & Lorient, and hopefully take some points from Genk. We will probably finish rock bottom though.

Planned Training Facilities

View attachment 441665
The board have agreed to upgrade our training facilities after we received a good amount of prize money. This upgrade will cost nearly ?2,000,000.00.

Youth Intake

View attachment 441664
This youth intake was appalling. No one was over 2 star potential & the ones who were didn't even look like they had the ability to become 2 star players. Hoping for much better next year.

Probably the disappointment of seeing Valur win the league.

Last edited:
View attachment 441553

September
A second awful month in a row.
My laptop is lucky to still be in 1 piece.
I can't wait for the next season.
The only positive was we have a new feeder club.

New Feeder Club Announced

View attachment 441531
We announce that English league 2 side 'Cheltenham Town' are our new feeder club. I'm very happy with this.

September Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441551
A convincing win against Stjarnan who haven't done badly this season after we took 3 of their best players.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-2 Vikingur O (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441549
A poor performance & result against a struggling team. We are just making it easier for Valur now.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-2 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441548
A loss that makes it now impossible to win the league. Not mathematically impossible, but impossible as in Valur won't **** it up & we wont win all our remaining games.

Ithrottabandalag Akraness 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441547
OK, we won with ease, and usually i'd be happy, but i'm just feeling deflated as I know even if I win all my remaining games, even with this much ease it won't matter. Next stop Valur.

Valur 3-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441546
And its been confirmed. Valur have now won the league after they thrash us at their place. Far too deflated to even give the players the Alex Ferguson style hairdryer treatment.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-3 Bourissa Monchengladbach (Europa League Group L)
View attachment 441545
I didn't expect anything from this game. We done well to get a goal against an opposition of this quality. Lets just hope we don't get battered when we go to their place.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-3 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441534
Now that the title has been decided it was up to us to get 2nd place which at the moment it looks like we might not even do, and this performance makes me feel 3rd place is more likely where we will finish.

Fram 2-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441533
Our performance wasn't very good & we were fortunate to leave with a draw. Fram are in 3rd place and are only 1 point behind us, so it's a good thing we didn't lose.

Handknattspyrnufelag Kopavogs 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 441532
We finish 2nd and relegate our opponents. Nothing else worth saying about this match.

View attachment 441530
We finished 2nd and that's just not good enough. I expect 1st position. In fact I demand 1st position. Nothing less. Bitterly disappointed with this.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 441525
For the second month in a row, no one deserves any sort of recognition for their performance's.

A review of a season which i'd much rather not talk about.

View attachment 441395

Season Review
A very poor season.
To only win the Upper League Cup is disappointing.
It hurt even more seeing Valur do the treble.

Stats

View attachment 441391
Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson scored 14 league goals and was the 3rd top goalscorer in the league. He was my only successful signing this season.
We had 3 players in the top 4 ratings. Aron Josepsson, Atli Sigurjonsson & Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson were in the top 4 player ratings.
Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson was also in the top 4 for assists, creating 8 goals for his teammates.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 441389
We were 3rd place in the fair play rankings this year. As usual we are a very fair team.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 441388
Very surprisingly we had 7 players in the team of the year. I don't know how that happened as I only think Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldson & Grimur Bjorn Atlason deserved to be there. 'Gary Martin' should have made the team of the year, but for some reason was left out.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 441387
I wasn't in the top 3 for this obviously. I probably wouldn't even be in the top 6 if there was a top 6.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 441386
Gary Martin was voted our player of the year. I though it would have gone to Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldson but Gary Martin was the one with the most votes.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 441385
Grimur Bjorn Atlason has continued his development & was again by far our best young player. He has already become a key player for me & he's still only 19.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Valur
Icelandic Cup - Valur
Icelandic Premier League - Valur

History Up Until Now (6 Seasons With KR)

YearUpper League CupIcelandic Champions CupIcelandic CupIcelandic Premier LeagueEuropa LeagueChampions League
2013Semi-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2014Semi-FinalsWinnersWinners3rdN/A2nd Qualifying Round
2015Quarter FinalsLostQuarter Finals3rd2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2016WinnersN/AWinnersWinnersPlayoff RoundN/A
2017WinnersLostWinnersWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2018WinnersLostRunners Up2ndGroup StagePlayoff Round

Details of our Europa League Campaign

View attachment 441270

Europa League Journey
We lost our first group game to Bourissa Monchengladbach 3-1 (Shown in the September Update)
Here's how the other 5 games in our group went.

FC Lorient 3-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group L)
View attachment 441269
We were not expected to do much against this team, and we didn't do that much. We did manage to score a well taken goal and keep the score respectable.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 K.R.C Genk (Europa League Group L)
View attachment 441268
A very good performance against the strong Belgium side Genk. We were brilliant in limiting their chances and making a large amount for ourselves and deserved our win.

K.R.C Genk 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group L)
View attachment 441267
A second very good performance against Genk, this time at their place. We held them to a draw & were a bit unlucky to not come away with the win.

Bourissa Monchengladbach 3-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group L)
View attachment 441266
We were never going to get anything at their place and a 3-1 loss was expected. We did however score a wonderful goal, thanks to Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-3 FC Lorient (Europa League Group L)
View attachment 441265
In our final game of the group we get beaten with ease by Lorient. I couldn't expect to deal much damage to our opponents though.

Europa League Group L Table

View attachment 441264
We finish 3rd in our group & i'm very satisfied with that. We definitely put up a fight and done brilliant in our 2 games against Genk.

A preview of our upcoming season.

View attachment 441155

Pre-Season
A fairly positive pre-season.
2 signings made.
Brazilian midfielder Diego retires at 33 after failing to break into the first team last season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Dalvik/Reynir 2-10 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Bi/Bolungarvik 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Hamar 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Hottur 3-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Volsungur 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

I played 5 fixtures all against fairly weak opposition. We did seem a bit complacent in a couple of the games but were never in any danger of losing any of them. Scoring 10 goals in a match, even though it's a friendly, it's still something I enjoyed watching.

Players In

View attachment 441154 View attachment 441153
I brought in Swedish duo Tomas Shala & Lars Martinez Olsson, both on free transfers from Djurgarden. Both players are on very large wages but i'm confident they will both prove to be very good acquisitions.

Transfer Center

View attachment 441152
The only permanent outgoing is Diego who retired. Gretar Sigfinnur Sigurdsson also retired & has now become a member of my backroom staff. Alot of youngsters have been sent out on loan, something I do each season.

I transfer listed a few backup players but no clubs have taken an interest in them so far. Hopefully that will change, but for now they will stay in my reserve section as they probably wont get any game time.

The start of the upper league cup.

View attachment 441093

February
Expectations met in our 2 fixtures this month.

February Fixtures

Fylkir 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 441092
A good performance in our first group stage game.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Fram (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 441091
A win against a good side. New signing Lars Martinez Olsson gets himself on the score-sheet.

Icelandic Upper League Group C Table

View attachment 441090
We are 1 of the 2 teams to take full points from our first 2 fixtures.

4 more upper league group stage fixtures.

View attachment 440984

March
We continue to meet expectations in the group stage.
New signings are playing well.

March Fixtures

Grindavik 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 440983
A comfortable victory as expected against my first division opponents. Both central defenders (Grimur Bjorn Atlason & Lars martinez Olsson) scored our goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Breidablik (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 440982
Recently promoted Brediablik (after their surprise relegation 2 years ago) were our next opponents and they don't look like they will be struggling against relegation this year. We won 3-1 but were given a few scares.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 440978
A good performance & a good win means were through to the knockouts with 2 games to spare.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggoar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 440976
An easy victory in a game we dominated as expected. Not much else to say on this game.

Icelandic Upper League Group C Table

View attachment 440972
We got through this group with ease & there's still 1 group game to go.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 440970
Captain Finnur Margeirsson was our best player this month, leading by example.

Can we win this cup for the 4th season in a row?

View attachment 440728

April
Poor discipline sees this April become a very short & disappointing month.
A couple of long-term injuries means I might have to delve into the transfer market.

April Fixtures

IBV Vestmannaeyjar 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 440726
Our last group game ends with a good win over first division Vestmannaeyjar.

View attachment 440725
We won every game in our group & fininished top, 8 points above 2nd place.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-3 Stjarnan (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 440724
And with this loss we go out of the upper league cup which we had managed to win 3 times in a row. When captain Finnur Margeirsson got sent off we had no chance as we were already struggling.

Injury Issues

(28th April) Finnur Margeirsson suffers a double hernia in training & is expected to be out for around 3-4 months.
(29th April) Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson will also face a 7 weeks on the sidelines after suffering a sprained ankle in training.

I probably won't look for a replacement striker as I have Gary Martin who is on the same level as Tryggvi Haradsson & I have a few backups. I will however need to bring in another right-back as I only have Haukar Hauksson who is a natural in that position.

Do we bring in a new right-back?
We play Valur in the Icelandic Champions Cup, can we beat them?
Can we get off to a good start in the premier league?

View attachment 440452

May

A brilliant month.
A positive start to the league campaign.
We win the Icelandic Champions Cup.

May Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Valur (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 440451
A brilliant dominant performance against Valur who over the at the end of last season became the 2nd professional in Iceland. We didn't give them any clear opportunities while we took all of ours to get back to our trophy winning ways.

Valur 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440441
Our 2nd game against Valur in the space of 3 days as we travel to their ground for our first league game of the season. We were given much more of a challenge this time, but done just enough to win the game.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggoar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440439
An early 'Atli Sigurjonsson' penalty gave us the win in a game where we wasted numerous chances to make this a very comfortable win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440437
A brilliant performance here as we smash our rivals. Each goal was scored by a different player which pleases me.

Haukar 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440434
We were unfortunate not to take 3 points. Haukar got a fortunate early goal after the ball came back off the bar, hit my keeper on the back of the head and went in. We got an equalizer through 'Gary Martin' but couldn't find a winner.

View attachment 440433
Very early days but we are top. Valur have had a very tough start playing ourselves, Haukar & Fram this month. Stjarnan & Breidablik have made surprisingly good starts.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 440429
Gary martin has scored 3 goals in the first 4 league games, and has played very well this month.

Transfer Center

View attachment 440425 View attachment 440424
We bought in veteran versatile defender Petur Vidarsson on a 1 year deal to replace the injured Finnur Margeirsson. In terms of outgoings a few more reserves & youngsters go out on loan.

Can we continue our good start in the league?

View attachment 440207

June
A fairly good month.
Gary Martin breaks the clubs goals coring record.
However we were unconvincing at times.

June Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Vikingur O (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440205An efficient performance sees us win 3-1 against relegation threatened Vikingur O. Bjorn Jonsson who has been starting alot off late scored 2 goals.

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 440204
A very good performance, as a very much weakened team still manages to batter our recently relegated opponents. Defender 'Petur Vidarsson' scores his first goal for the club.

Fram 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440203
We were dominant throughout the game and had out shooting been up to standard we would have won about 5-1. However we were awful in front of goal and had to rely on 2 second half penalty's to give us the win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440202
A comfortable home win sees us extend our very good start to the league season.

Stjarnan 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440200
Not a bad result considering Stjarnan are currently 2nd in the league after they had a brilliant start.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-3 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440199
We end the month on a very poor note, as we dropped 2 points against one of the leagues weaker sides. To concede 3 goals at home to this team disappoints me.

Icelandic Premier League

View attachment 440198
We are still top, but Stjarnan are right behind us. I wasn't expecting a title challenge from them, but they have been brilliant since they got a new at the end of last season. I'm not too sure what's happened to Valur but I didn't expect them to be so far off the pace.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 440197
It was very tight between Bjorn Jonsson & Atli Sigurjonsson, but Atli just wins it.

Gary Martin
The English striker has become a legend at this club & is now the our all time top goalscorer in the league breaking the previous record of 62 league goals. He actually broke it last month in our 4-0 win against 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar' but I completely forgot to put it in that update. I sure he will easily get past 100 league goals as he's still 28 and has a few more years on the top of his game.

Will Stjarnan still be fighting for top spot?
Will we stay unbeaten in the league?
Will our Europa League campaign get off to a good start?

View attachment 440073

July
Another fairly good month.
We receive a record fee for a player who i'm happy to sell.

July Fixtures

Breidablik 2-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440072
A very disappointing performance against Breidablik sees us lose our first league game of the season.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440071
An unconvincing performance, but we done enough to win the game. Bjorn Jonsson gets us the goal.

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggoar 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 440066
A brilliant away performance. Dominant from start to finish. Gary Martin scored twice from the penalty spot.

St Pats Athletic 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 440065
I played a weakened team and it looks like I might have underestimated my Irish opponents. I will have to play a stronger team for the home leg.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 7-0 St Pats Athletic (Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 440064
I used a very strong line up here and we destroyed 'St Pats' in the home leg to win 8-1 on aggregate.
Unfortunately I'll have to face Southampton in our next qualifier.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Haukar (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 440063
A good performance against a good side sees us into the quarter finals of the Icelandic Cup.

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggoar 2-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 440062
Not the greatest of performances, but we still win & see ourselves through to the semi-finals of the Icelandic Cup.

View attachment 440061
We are in 2nd, 5 points behind leaders Stjarnan, who have surprised everyone with their performances so far. We do have a game in hand though & hopefully we can close the gap.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 440059
Winger Thomas Shala has been performing well this month, especially in the cup games & takes the player of the month award for July.

Transfer Center

View attachment 440057
We let 'Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson' go to German side 'St. Pauli' for a record fee of ?400k. He's been injured alot so far this season & when he's been fit he hasn't played well, so i'm very pleased to receive this fee.
We also let a few players leave on loan to our feeder club Cheltenham.

Can we close the gap on Stjarnan.
Can we win the Icelandic Cup and claim our 2nd trophy of the season?

After reading this I must say that I thought it was so impressive I decided to go ahead and do a save in Iceland as well, pleasantly surprised to see Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson in my youth team. How have other teams been doing in Europe at the same time as you have been getting into the group stages? And also where are the stars of the national team playing now and how is the national team doing? Quite interested being Icelandic and all.

BTW you are really starting to sound like a KR fan with your hatred towards Valur :)

Last edited:
After reading this I must say that I thought it was so impressive I decided to go ahead and do a save in Iceland as well, pleasantly surprised to see Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson in my youth team. How have other teams been doing in Europe at the same time as you have been getting into the group stages? And also where are the stars of the national team playing now and how is the national team doing? Quite interested being Icelandic and all.

BTW you are really starting to sound like a KR fan with your hatred towards Valur :)

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this. Who are you starting your save with?

The other teams haven't been doing well in Europe, none of them have been close to making it into the group stages. Haukar made it to the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa league but that's as far as any of the other teams have come.

The national team have been doing OK and I can see them making it to a major tournament in the near future. Runar kristinsson is now the national team manager as Lars Largerback retired. Gylfi Sigurdsson is still at Tottenham & Aron Gunnarsson is still at cardiff. Alfred Finnbogason is now at Nottingham Forest who have surprisingly become a good team. Kolbeinn Sigthorsson is at Standard Liege now.

I really don't like Valur in this game. I always seem to get a long-term injury whenever i play them :(. Me & Valur's manager don't get on at all lol. He always says something negative in the press before I play his team.

View attachment 439884

August
Brilliant domestically. We win the Icelandic Cup.
Best month in the league so far this season.
Embarrassed in the Europa League though.

August Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 439883
A good performance, and we score both our goals in the space of 5 minutes. We will play Valur in the finals.

Southampton 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 439882
Awful!! Awful!! To let your opponents take 44 shots against you is unacceptable. We didn't even manage to take 1 shot at their goal. Looks like being a very short Europa League campaign this year.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 439880
We smash Haukar with a much improved performance. Probably our best performance against this team as we usually struggle against them.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-3 Southampton (Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 439879
I played pretty much a reserve team for the 2nd leg as we were not going to win by 3 goals & I have the Icelandic Cup Finals in 3 days time so wasn't willing to risk tiredness & injuries. We lose 5-0 on aggregate.

Valur 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 439878
GET IN THERE!!! We win the Icelandic Cup & it's even sweeter that its against Valur, who's manager has been criticizing me in the press recently. We played very well and barely gave the opposition any chances on goal.

Vikingur O. 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 439877
After a poof first half I was concerned we would drop points, but we looked a different team in the 2nd half and ran out 4-1 winners.

Ithrottababdalag Akraness 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 439875
A good win against our local rivals, who look like they may not survive relegation this season. Young Striker 'Leonard Saevarsson' scores his first ever league goal :).

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 439873
A brilliant performance, especially from Gary Martin who scores a hat-trick.

View attachment 439871
Stjarnan are still top by 3 points, but we will overtake them if we win our game in hand due to our superior goal difference. We play Stjarnan at home next month so that fixture may decide who will win the league.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 439869
Atli Sigurjonsson wins the player of the month award this month with his brilliant creative performances.

Youth Intake
For the 2nd season running our youth intake had been fairly poor. I don't think anyone that has come through this year has the ability to make it for us. Hopeful next years youth intake will be much better.

Who will win the league? Us or Stjarnan?

View attachment 439682

September
A poor month
:(.
We were awful in-front of goal for nearly every game.
Stjarnan also had a poor month, so who won the league?

September Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 439681
A poor performance in what must have been an awful game for the fans to watch. Just 1 shot on target throughout the whole game. On a positive note Stjarnan lost 2-1 to Valur. The gap closes to 2 points and we still have a game in hand.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 Valur (Icelandic Premier league)
View attachment 439680
A home game against Valur was our game in hand & we looked like winning until we went down to 10 men. Lars Martinez Olsson sent off for a stupid 2 footed challenge cost us and we end up with another draw. Were 1 point behind Stjarnan.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 439679
How we only won this game 1-0 I will never know. To be so dominant but fail so badly in-front of goal annoyed me as this could & should have been a thrashing. The good news is Stjarnan lost again, this time to Vikingur O. We go 2 points clear at the top.

Fjolnir 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 439678
Oh dear, oh dear. Losing to Fjolnir at a time like this leaves me lost for words. I could only hope Stjarnan slipped up, which they did again losing at home to Haukar. Were still 2 points clear with 2 games remaining. Our next game is against Stjarnan which could possibly be the title decider.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 439677
It's Ours!!! We come good when it matters, putting in the performance of the season to see off the very strong title challenge from Stjarnan. Grimur Bjorn Atlason, Atli Sigurjonsson & Steingrimur Egilsson were all brilliant out there today.

Keflavik 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 439676
I had hoped to end the season with another win, but it looks like we were still celebrating our title win during this game. Stjarnan were smashed again losing 5-1 to Fram.

View attachment 439675
We won the league it what was a very hard season. Winning by 6 clear points makes it look slightly more comfortable than it actually was. I had always expected a tough challenge for the title, but just not from Stjarnan. Surprisingly Stjarnan lost all 5 of their games this month to end their season on a low.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 439674
Grimur Bjorn Atlason with his brilliant performances both in defense and at the other end of the pitch.

A review of this season

Congrats on a good domestic season there and shame about getting Southampton. I went for my local team IA where I seem to have a similar relationship with R?nar Kristinsson as you have with the Valur manager :)

Last edited:
View attachment 439392

Season Review
A review of a very good season.
We've completed the treble for the 4th year of my 7 years with KR.

Stats

View attachment 439391
Gary Martin our top goal scorer came 2nd in the league scoring charts with 13 goals.
We had 3 players in the top 4 best player ratings.
Bjorn Jonsson came 4th for the most assists with a total of 7 in the league.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 439390
We didn't make the top 3 in the fair play award this year. We did seem to have a few more yellow cards than usual.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 439379
For the 3rd year in a row, we have 7 players who made it into the team of the year.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 439376
I felt I deserved to win the manager of the year award after winning the treble, but it went to Magnus Gylfason after we took Breidablik to 4th place following their promotion.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 439375
Atli Sigurjonsson was voted player of the year after another very good season.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 439374
It was pretty obvious the winner would be Grimur Bjorn Atlason. The question is would I be able to keep him with the likes of 'Werder Bremen & Anderlecht' after our young star.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Valur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (7 Seasons With KR)

YearUpper League CupIcelandic Champions CupIcelandic CupIcelandic Premier LeagueEuropa LeagueChampions League
2013Semi-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2014Semi-FinalsWinnersWinners3rdN/A2nd Qualifying Round
2015Quarter FinalsLostQuarter Finals3rd2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2016WinnersN/AWinnersWinnersPlayoff RoundN/A
2017WinnersLostWinnersWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2018WinnersLostRunners Up2ndGroup StagePlayoff Round
2019Quarter-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners3rd Qualifying RoundN/A

What are the Icelandic National Team up to these days?

Last edited: