We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

View attachment 445849

March
It was going well, then I was brought back down to earth.

March Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Thor Akureyri (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 445848
As expected we won the game against our first division opponents. Nothing of importance to mention.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 445840
Again an expected win here & again nothing in particular that needs mentioning.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar 5-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 445839
The less said about this the better. I'll just try and forget this game took place.

Icelandic Upper League Group C Table

View attachment 445838
It will most likely be us & 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar' going through to the knockouts.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 445829
Not usually a starter, but 'Kristjan Hauksson' impressed me in the 2 games he played this momth.

What To Expect In The Next Update
Will we finish top of our group?
How far can we go in this competition?

Last edited:
View attachment 445539
April
A perfect month.
We retain the upper league cup.

April Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggoar 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 445536
An efficient performance see's us on the verge of qualification the the knockout rounds. We just need to avoid losing 11-0 to 'Grotta' :).

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Grotta (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 445532
Obviously we were never going to lose 11-0. We comfortably won, and are through to the knockouts.

View attachment 445531
We finish 2nd on goal difference & 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar' finish top.

Fjolnir 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Quarter Final)
View attachment 445530
A nice draw for us, and we easily move into the semi-finals.

Fram 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 445529
A difficult game, and 1 that really could have gone either way. Our superior finishing was what separated us in the end as we book our place in the finals.

Valur 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 445527
YES!!! We retain the upper league cup. We defended very well & barely gave our opponents a chance on goal. Very happy.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 445525
'Brynjar Guit Guojonsson' has been a rock in defense this month.

We play 'Valur' again. This time in the champions cup.
Can we get of to the best possible start in the league?
Will I make any signings?

View attachment 445186

May
A poor month.
Our defending was unacceptable.

May Fixtures

Valur 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Champions)*****FINALS****
Valur win 9-8 on penalty's.
View attachment 445185
We didn't perform well, and barely created anything which was very disappointing. We probably should have lost this game before it went to penalty's.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-4 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 445184
Awful performance defensively. Our defensive performance is what disappointed me the most as we were failing to get the basics right in that department.

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs 3-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 445183
Even though we won, the fact we conceded 3 goals against a newly promoted side is not good enough. 'Gudmunder Gunnarson' who is my left back managed to score a hat-trick, with central defender 'Brynjar Gauti Gudjonsson' also on the score-sheet. I know where my defenders were, they were doing my striker's jobs, and that makes me wonder where my strikers were :S.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 445182
An efficient performance here as we run out 2-0 winners against a mid-table side. Central defender 'Brynjar Gauti Gudjonsson' was again on the score-sheet.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 445181
3 games played so far, and no one has managed to take all the points available so far. Looks like it's going to be a very tough league this year.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 445180
It was very tight between 'Gudmunder Gunnarson' & 'Brynjar Gauti Gudjonsson', but 'Gudmunder Gunnarson' just edges it this month after scoring a hat-trick from left-back.

New Signing

View attachment 445179
I picked up young left-back 'Bergvin Heidarsson' on a free transfer. He will be a backup player for now.

Transfer Center

View attachment 445178
Nothing much to report here. When the window re-opens I do plan on loaning out a few more youngsters.

Some difficult fixtures next month, how will we fare?

View attachment 445089

June
A perfect month.
Everything goes to plan.

June Fixtures

Stjarnan 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 445088
A solid performance, although slightly lacking in terms of finishing chances, sees us win our 1st tricky game of the month.

Leiknir F. 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 445087
I played a weakened team, but my youngsters & backup players were just not doing it, so I brought 'Gary Martin' on in the 75th minute to do the job, which he done very well & scored 2 late goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Vikingur O (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 445086
Our only easy league fixture this month, and as expected we won this game comfortably. It seems my defenders are better at attacking right now than they are at defending, as right back 'Haukar Hauksson' and central defender 'Brynjar Gauti Gudjonsson' made it on the score-sheet. 'Gary Martin' again scored a double.

Fram 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 445085
A good win against our rivals, who we are currently ground-sharing until the end of July. 'Gary Martin' with an impressive double for the 3rd match running.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Breioablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 445084
A very good performance here, as we run out 3-0 winners against a strong side. Again my defensive players were doing the goal-scoring as 'Kristjan Hauksson' & 'Finnur Margiersson' were both on the scoresheet.

View attachment 445083
We are currently 2 points clear at the top after a perfect month. It's still early days. but hopefully we can stay on form.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 445082
Gary Martin was clearly the player of this month, as he scored a double in 3 consecutive games. Brilliant work by striker.

We play in the Champions League qualifying rounds, will we get a favorable draw?
Will we keep up our impressive league form?

View attachment 444909
July
Another brilliant month
Everyone is playing well

July Fixtures

Valur 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444908
A good performance & a very good result against our fierce rivals. This was a very important win to give us an early advantage in the title race.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444907
We went behind early & struggled to create much in the 1st half, but we were much better in the 2nd half and deserved our win.

Ithrottabandalag Akraness 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444906
We dominated this match from start to finish, and I feel we should have won by a more comfortable margin. A win is a win though, and it was against a local rival.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-2 IBV Vestmannaeyjar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444905
Again I feel we could & should have recorded a more comfortable victory against a tram struggling against relegation, however it's still 3 points so I can't be too disappointed.

Partizan Beograd 1-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 444904
I was expecting a really tough match against the Serbian giants, but we destroyed them. We were already 2-0 up and dominating when they went a man down, and we just continued to batter them.

Volsungur 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 444901
We done what was expected of us and made it to the quarter finals, with a convincing win against my much weaker opponents.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Partizan Beograd (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 444900
**This Was Our 1st Game Back In Our Renovated 'KR-Vollur' Stadium. Its A Shame We Didn't Win Our 1st Game Back**
I'm not sure how we didn't increase our aggregate lead here as we destroyed 'Partizan' again but failed to score. So we win 6-1 on aggregate and are through to the next qualifying round.

Reynir S. 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 444899
After a disappointing first half showing we came alive in the second half and deserved our 3-1 win.

View attachment 444898
Were half way through the league & it looks like the title race is going to be between us & 'Valur'. can't see 3rd place 'Haukar' catching up, but you never know.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 444897
Central defender 'Brynjar Gauti Gudjonsson' has been brilliant as always and picks up the player of the month award for this month. I just hope I can keep him, as he's attracting alot of interest from Germany.

Can we get to the Champions League group stage?
With 'Valur' fighting with us for league can we pull away from them?
Can I keep hold of 'Brynjar Gauti Gudjonsson'?

View attachment 444554

August
Very much an up & down month.
Struggling at home now were back in our usual ground.
We do manage to win another trophy though.
A star player unfortunately leaves the club
:(.

August Fixtures

APOEL Nicosia 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 444553
We smashed the best team in Cyprus at their ground to put this tie to bed before we even play the home tie. Delighted with this performance.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-1 APOEL Nicosia (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 444552
We dominated the 2nd leg, yet couldn't find the net and ended up with a 1-0 defeat. However we still go through to the playoff round with ease which means 1 thing.
*We Are The First Icelandic Team To Ever Reach The Group Stage Of A Continental Competition*
The question now is will we be in the 'Champions League' group stage or the 'Europa League' group stage?

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444551
A poor result. Everything we done this match was of a poor quality. We may have had a ton of shots but shooting from 35 yards all the time is not going to achieve much.
This was also the last game for star defender 'Brynjar Gauti Gudjonsson' as he hand's in a transfer request, which was accepted. He'll most likely be off to Germany with 5 German clubs after his services.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Keflavik (Icelandic Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 444550
The 1st half of the match was as dull as dishwater, but a good 2nd half performance sees us into the finals of the Icelandic Cup where we will face 'Haukar'.

Haukar 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 444549
WE Win The Icelandic Cup! Goals from 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' & 'Gary Martin' either side of half-time brought us the win.

Celtic 4-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 444542
Looks like it's the 'Europa League' group stages for us after Celtic wipe the floor with us. There's no way we can turn this tie around.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-2 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444541
Another home game we fail to win, and now I'm wondering why we moved back home mid-season. We should have stayed in Fram's ground for the whole season, it would have made more sense. At the moment were pretty much throwing away our title chances.

Vikingur.O 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444497
An unacceptable performance against a relegation threatened side sees us drop more points. It was a draw but this game felt like a loss.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 Celtic (Champions League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 444540
I played a weak team as there was no point tiring out my key players in a tie that was pretty much over. Celtic win 6-0 on aggregate.
**On A Very Positive Note 'Europa League' Group Stage Here We Come**

View attachment 444533
We are 6 points behind 'Valur' but if we win our 2 games in hand we will be on the same points as them. We need to start winning at home if we are going to win the league.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 444531
The very injury prone 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' was this month's player of the month. I wonder if he will ever be fit for a full season. I can't see him reaching his potential if he misses more than half of each season.

Europa League Group Draw

View attachment 444536 View attachment 442675 View attachment 444535 View attachment 444554
Olympique Lyonnais................SC Freiburg.......................Panathinaikos FC..................Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

This is a very tough group, one that could easily be a champions league group. I just hope we can keep the scorelines respectable, as I can't see us picking up any points here.

Money Incoming

View attachment 444529 View attachment 444528 View attachment 444522
Getting this far in Europe has seen us rake in just over ?3,000,000.00.

Planned Training Facilities Upgrade

View attachment 444526
As we have some extra money I asked for our training facilities to be upgraded and the board have agreed :).

Youth Intake

View attachment 444512 View attachment 444511 View attachment 444510 View attachment 444509
A very good youth intake this year & these 4 definitely have the potential to be first team players in the future. I had a few more youth's come in that have the potential to be decent squad players as well.

Transfer Center

View attachment 444498
So off goes 'Brynjar Gauti Gudjonsson' to German first division side 'Osnabruck' for a record fee of ?175K. Also young striker 'Leonard Saevarsson' goes on loan to German side Dresden until the end of the season.

Can we win the league?
Will we start winning our home games?
With mounting interest in 3 of my starting XI players will anyone else request a move?

Last edited:
Hi. Im also playin icelandic league. Just wanna ask how you have pom award on iceland. I dont have that.

Hi. Im also playin icelandic league. Just wanna ask how you have pom award on iceland. I dont have that.

They don't do player of the month awards in Iceland unfortunately. I just pick out who I feel has been my best player each month for these updates.

What team are you using?

View attachment 444300
September
A very good month
Some awesome performances

September Fixtures

Keflavik 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444299 View attachment 444298
This was my 200th game for the club, and everything went to plan on this landmark day. I expected to win thid game, but not so comfortably.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-4 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444296
A disgraceful performance here in-front of our fans. We have been back in the KR-Vollur since July and still haven't won a game here yet. It's a good thing our away form is so good, otherwise we wouldn't still be in the title race.

Breioablik 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444295
We bounced back with a very good performance at 'Breioablik'. Surprisingly 'Breioablik' are fighting against relegation this year. They won the league only 3 seasons ago so it would be a massive shock if they do go down.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444293
Finally!! We win back at the KR-Vollur & it was against our fierce rivals. Advantage to us in the title race :D.

Haukar 2-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444288
We were a bit luck to walk away with 3 points here. After we went down to 10 men late in the first half we had to defend for large periods. Young central defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' scored his first league goal for the club.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-1 Panathinaikos FC (Europa League Group B)
View attachment 444283
We were unlucky to lose our first ever Europa League group game. We were in control for large periods of the game but our finishing let us down.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarfjaroar 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444279
I expected a very tough game, but nothing like that happened. We completely destroyed our opponents in every part of the pitch. Young central defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' get's on the scoresheet again. Even better news is that 'Valur' lost again :D.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444277
THE LEAGUE IS OURS!!! Valur crumbled & dropped points again :). We give another team a 5-0 battering. 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' gets on the scoresheet again. It looks like I wont need to replace 'Brynjar Gauti Gudjonsson' as I have his replacement here :D.

IBV Vestmannaeyjar 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 444269
We beat already relegated 'Vestmannaeyjar' in the final game of the season with ease. They only won 1 game all season which was the opening day lol.

View attachment 444248 View attachment 444243
We break the premier league record, as we accumulate 53 points over the course of the season :D. What an amazing achievement. This means we complete the treble for the 2nd season in a row.
We end up 7 points clear of 2nd place 'Valur' after they won only 1 of their last 5 games. The league was never comfortable for us.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 444239
Young defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' was amazing this month. He was brilliant defensively & was equally brilliant going forward.

A review of another brilliant season.
Also our results in the Europa League Group Stage.

I see you have fantastic results. I'm currently managing Stjarnan, season 2022. First time in Champions league group stage. Biggest achievements passing LE group stage.

View attachment 443897

Season Review
Another brilliant season.
Even Better than last season.
We win the treble for the 2nd season running
:D.

Stats

View attachment 443896
Gary Martin was the leagues top scorer. There were 2 players who ended up with 16 goals but Gary played 1 less game and therefore won the award.
We had the 4 best players in the players average rating over the season. 'Atli Sigurjonsson' with 7.72. 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' with 7.63. The departed 'Brynjar Gauti Gudjonsson' with 7.52 & 'Gary Martin' with 7.45.
'Atli Sigurjonsson' made the most assists topping the chart with 11.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 443895
We were the cleanest team in the league, with just the 1 red card in the league all season.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 443894
Our team dominated this with 7 players in the team of the year.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 443891
I won the manager of the year award and fully deserved it.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 443889 View attachment 443888
Not only was 'Atli Sigurjonsson' our player of the year, he was the Icelandic player of the year. I'm just surprised he's never wanted to move to a bigger club. I'm delighted he's here though :D.
Gary Martin & Gudmunder Reynir Gunnarsson' were also voted 2nd and 3rd in the Icelandic players of the year.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 443885 View attachment 443884
Our young central defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' was our young player of the year, as well as the Icelandic young player of the year. If this guy stays fit and continues playing like he currently is, he will be amazing by the time he's 21.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Valur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier League -Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (5 Seasons With KR)

Year
Upper League Cup
Icelandic Champions Cup
Icelandic Cup
Icelandic Premier League
Europa League
Champions League
Semi-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners2nd Qualifying Round N/A
Semi-FinalsWinnersWinners 3rd N/A2nd Qualifying Round
Quarter Finals LostQuarter Finals 3rd2nd Qualifying Round N/A
Winners N/AWinnersWinnersPlayoff Round N/A
Winners LostWinnersWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round

Details of our Europa League Campaign.

View attachment 443771

Europa League Journey
We narrowly lost our first Europa League game at home to Pathinaikos FC (Shown in the September Update).
Here's how the other 5 games in our group went.

Freiburg 2-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group B)
View attachment 443769
We gave 'Frieburg' a good game and I feel we were slightly unlucky to come away with nothing. On another day we could have taken a point.

Olympique Lyonnais 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group B)
View attachment 443768
A very dirty Lyon side ended up going down to 9 men and I had hoped to get something out of this game due to our numerical advantage, so to lose is disappointing.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-4 Olympique Lyonnais (Europa League Group B)
View attachment 443767
I didn't expect much at all here as Lyon didn't lose any men this time. It wasn't an awful performance from us, Lyon are just a much better team.

Panathinaikos FC 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group B)
View attachment 443766
What an amazing result!!! I had hoped we could maybe scrape a draw here, but we dominated our Greek opponents. We deserved our 3-1 victory.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 Freiburg (Europa League Group B)
View attachment 443765
As expected we didn't do much here and suffered a deserved 2-0 defeat in our final group game.

Europa League Group B Table

View attachment 443764
We finished bottom as expected, but we definitely did not embarrass ourselves here. It was a good adventure & hopefully 1 we can go on again next season.

A preview of our upcoming season.

Last edited:
View attachment 443230

Pre-Season
A positive pre-season.
A fairly busy transfer window for us.

Pre-season Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Throttur V.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Throttur R.

Knattsoyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-
0 Astra Giurgiu

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-
0 Selfoss

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Toronto FC

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Montreal Impact

I decided to play my pre-season fixtures at home this season & things went well. 5 wins and a draw from our 6 friendly games.

Players In

View attachment 443228
Our first signing was 'Arnor Ingvi Traustason' fro a fee of ?14k from Stjarnan. With a few central midfield players leaving us I needed to bring in another player for that position, and I feel I've picked up a quality player here.

View attachment 443226
A second player from Stjarnan. We broke our transfer record and paid ?31.5K to bring in striker Tryggvi Hrafn Heraldsson. He will be Gary Martin's new strike partner as I just can't rely on Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson to be fit for a long period of time.

View attachment 443221
Just days after breaking our transfer record we came very close to breaking it again, paying ?30K to Breidablik for 17 year old defender 'Atli Dagur Snorrason' (His name sounds like a pokemon).

View attachment 443227
A third player from Stjarnan. 'Sevrrir Ingi Ingason' comes in on a free transfer after he decided not to sign a new contract at he's previous club.

Transfer Center

View attachment 443217
I can't imagine Stjarnan will be happy that we always take their best players. We have spent a total of ?75.5K this transfer window. I was given a transfer budget of ?922K but I don't feel the need to spend it.
In terms of outgoing players the biggest names to leave were 'Andri Olafsson' & Vidar Kjartansson both on frees as they were on fairly big wages and were not first team regulars. It made no sense to extend their contracts.

The upper league cup starts. We have 'Valur' & 'Haukar' in our group.

View attachment 443002

February
A good start for us.
New signings are settling in well.

February Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Valur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 442986
A good start with a win against 'Valur' who are our most difficult opponent in our group.

Vikingur O. 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 442974
We got a comfortable win here as expected. Young midfielder 'Trausti Magnusson' scored 2 goals and earned a man of the match award.

View attachment 442971
I'm pretty sure we will win the group, the only fixture we could potentially slip up is the one against 'Hauker'.

3 upper league cup fixtures.
Possibly another new signing.

View attachment 442815

March
We continue to play well.
A new big name signing comes in.

March Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Reynir S. (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 442807
We destroy minnows 'Reynir S.' with new signings 'Tryggvi Hrafn Heraldsson' & 'Servirr Ingi Ingason' both scoring 2 goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Haukar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 442806
It wasn't the best of performances from us, but 'Haukar' are never an easy team to play against. We were probably a bit fortunate to win this match.

Fylkir 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 442805
A good victory, especially as we went down to 10 men early in the 2nd half. 'Tryggvi Hrafn Heraldsson' scored a brilliant hat-trick.

View attachment 442804
We are pretty much through to the knockout rounds. We just need 1 point from our last 2 group stage matches.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 442803
'Tryggvi Hrafn Heraldsson' scored 6 goals in 3 games. It early in his career here, but he looks like being a brilliant signing.

Transfer Center

View attachment 442802 View attachment 442801
We bring in Veteran attacking midfielder 'Diego' who has had a career with Wolfsburg, Juventus & Athletico Madrid. He may be 33 but I still feel he has alot to offer us.
In terms of outgoing transfers, just a couple more young players going out on loan.

Can we win the upper league cup for the 3rd season in a row?

View attachment 442707

April
We win the upper league cup for the 3rd year in a row.

April Fixtures

Throttur R. 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 442706
As expected we comfortably beat 'Throttur R' and are through to the knockouts.

Grindavik 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cur Group Stage)
View attachment 442701
A fairly easy win as I had expected. Unfortunately 'Diego' is out for 2-3 months with a broken toe which is very frustrating.

View attachment 442700
We won all our group games, scoring 20 goals & only conceding 2 goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Stjarnan (Upper League Cup Quarter Final)
View attachment 442699
We overcome a tricky quarter final tie to get through to the semi-finals. Gary Martin scored our goal to give us a 1-0 win.

Haukar 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 442698
A good performance against a strong 'Haukar' side sees us into the finals. Unfortunately 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' is out for 2 months with strained knee ligaments. Gary Martin also picked up an injury but should only be out for 4 days with a dead leg.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Fram (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 442697
WE WIN IT AGAIN!! We win this trophy for the 3rd season running, which I feel is a brilliant achievement. We dominated 'Fram' and were clinical with our finishing which saw us win 4-0.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 442696
Young central defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' has been brilliant this month, and has become an important first team player. I can't wait to see how good he is when he's 21.

Can we beat 'Valur' in the Icelandic Champions Cup?
Can we start off well in the league?
So far I haven't won the opening game of a new league season, can that change? (2 losses & 3 draws in the 5 seasons)

Great stuff winning that third consecutive Cup! Dominated as well, so very well played! Interesting that you haven't won the opener yet though, hopefully that'll change as well as a nice win vs Valur for you :)

Great stuff winning that third consecutive Cup! Dominated as well, so very well played! Interesting that you haven't won the opener yet though, hopefully that'll change as well as a nice win vs Valur for you :)

Thanks :D. I'm a bit surprised I dominated the final like that as Fram are a pretty good side.

View attachment 442340

May
A fairly poor month.
We did however manage to smash 1 of our rivals.

May Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-2 Valur (Icelandic Champions Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
Valur win 5-4 on penalty's.
View attachment 442333
Just like last year, 'Valur' best us to the Icelandic Champions Cup on penalty's. We were always going to struggle though, as 'Kristinn Jonsson' got sent off in the first half for a reckless challenge. I will most likely dispose of him at the end of the season for his stupidity.

Tindastoll 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 442327
It's taken us to my 6th season to win on the opening day in the premier league. We beat newly promoted Tindastoll 2-0 in a performance which was still less than convincing. 'Gretar Sigfinnur Sigurdsson' is out for 4 weeks with a twisted ankle.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 442319
Smash! Wollop! Bang! Complete destruction of our local rivals. What a brilliant performance. Probably won't see a better performance all season.

Vikingur O. 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 442318
Not a great performance, but we still managed a 2-0 win against a team expected to go down this season.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 442317
A poor performance. We looked clueless in the final third. We didn't look like scoring at any point in this game.

View attachment 442313
After the 1st month of league fixtures we find ourselves in 2nd place. 'Valur' who i'm really starting to dislike are top after winning their first 4 fixtures.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 442312
No one has been great this month, but 'Gary Martin' did manage to score in 3 of the 4 league games.

Will our performances improve?
Will an unstoppable looking 'Valur' slip up?

Unlucky against Valur, can see them becoming some fierce *** rivals before too much longer! Hopefully you can knock them from their perch though and look to better your start in the coming months!

All the best!