Weed

Sorry its got nothing to do with age......it's got to do with people opinions and if they believe that taking drugs is a good option to take.

Mine is not to do weed or whatever...its nothing to with the fact that I'm 13.

I'd be saying the same thing even if I happened to be 33.

I hate the way on this site that it always has to be taken down to age and the younger ones can't have an opinion anymore because they don't have any life experience.

No one ever said you can't have an opinion, but to be fair, I won't take anything you say about weed or alcohol or drugs seriously...you're 13 and probably don't have experience with any of those things (and too young for that stuff anyway). Now if we're talking about football, that's one thing, your age doesn't affect your opinion (unless we're comparing the olden days to the newer days). But in certain life matters, age makes a huge difference on your perspective. I assume you think that you have just as valid an opinion on marriage and women as a 40 year old who has been married twice? It's not just the forum, in real life as well people will judge you based on your age. I just got out of college and I'm in my first job right now, so my opinion on a "working man's life" is not nearly as valid as that of someone who is 30.

Most of the discussion on the thread has been pretty terrible, and that's because of the age of the posters. On the one hand, you have the 16 year-old losers who are like "smoke weed man! it's da bomb! u r a ***** if you don't smoke weed!" On the other hand, you have all of the teens here who have been clearly brainwashed by the anti-drug propaganda: it's obvious because of how similar their reasons are to what those programs teach you.

Anyways, this thread wasn't supposed to be a debate about weed, the OP was asking if there were any weed-smokers here. You would think it would be a thread were the smokers would have a quick chat about it. Instead you get the whole anti-weed crowd coming on here and condemning them for their behavior. Would it be reasonable for me to go onto every FM thread and talk about how bad FM is? How it's addictive and a waste of time?

As for the debate, again I ask you guys, what do you think about the alcohol culture in Britain? Other Europeans tell me the alcoholism there is out of control (I've never been, I'm just telling you what I've heard). So why are you guys so focused on getting rid of weed? Wouldn't it be better if people occasionally chose the joint instead of the night out at the pub followed by vandalism?

Last edited:
Sorry its got nothing to do with age......it's got to do with people opinions and if they believe that taking drugs is a good option to take.

I hate the way on this site that it always has to be taken down to age and the younger ones can't have an opinion anymore because they don't have any life experience.

Thanks for proving my point

Let me also tell you something about my own life:
I got my first booze when I was 13, didn't really start drinking alot until I was 16, I'm now 18.
When I was 13, I also had a bad opinion of smoking and smoking weed, when I was 15, I smoked my first cigarette. Your opinion can change very rapidly during 2 years, and certainly when you actually become an adult. Also, when your balls drop.

Decided to write some serious **** for those kids out there:p,my advice is to do what you want but don't judge,if you want to try weed then do it but don't make others to try it if they won't and if you won't smoke than cool,you deserve respect and you are not ***** at all but don't walk around and talk:"oh you smoke weed,you are loser blah blah i love my mum..."Just live your life and be responsible for the things you do.Thanks for reading8-|

Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Honesty, there are only 3 certainties in life:
1) you're born.
2) you pay tax.
3) you die.

So whist your time on this earth is short, live a little. Smoke weed, get high, drink alcohol, **** a prostitute, gamble money you don't have, **** the institution.

Think about it... you've got two choices. Would you rather be lying on your death bed thinking 'holy **** that was the stupid, we shouldn't have done that' or 'aah man I really wish I had the chance to do blah blah'. I know which one I'd rather be, I'd much rather regret something I've done than regret not doing something.

Banter is the key to life, live a little.
Peace
x

You can't regret something you never had the motivation to try in the first place. Agreed, try not to live your life with regrets. But you're either assuming everyone wants to try weed and doesn't, which would be a regret. Or you've just ignored the fact that some people just plain have no desire for it.

To Curtis, binge culture is borderline out of control in Britain. It's an argument I put forth against legalisation. Everyone likes to compare to the Dutch and how it worked great. But their society as a whole seems to be able to be far more responsible. I frankly don't trust the British public with more drugs, when the majority can't handle alcohol in a close to responsible way.

its quite funny seeing 13yr olds trying to give out life advice.... :p

live a little, I for one am the prime example, I smoked when I was at high school I drank, I partied, I played 1st team rugby and premier div club football etc etc...

I have grown up into a successful business man, have a good life etc... so I dont regret anything! ;)

it just depends on the morals and person you are, alot of my friends wanted to try E and other drugs (which they did, they did cocaine etc) and I never touched it! they did it right next to me alot of the time...

so dont take life too seriously but dont act like it does not matter either. balance is vital and another cliche is, everything in moderation...

live a little, I for one am the prime example, I smoked when I was at high school I drank, I partied, I played 1st team rugby and premier div club football etc etc...

I have grown up into a successful business man, have a good life etc... so I dont regret anything! ;)

it just depends on the morals and person you are, alot of my friends wanted to try E and other drugs (which they did, they did cocaine etc) and I never touched it! they did it right next to me alot of the time...

so dont take life too seriously but dont act like it does not matter either. balance is vital and another cliche is, everything in moderation...

Those pesky emo kids!

Good post. :)

don't know whether this applies to me,i believe you can see that i'm little older than 13 :) anyway you made a good point in your post

"If you don't like my fire
then don't come around
cause I'm gonna burn one down
yes I'm gonna burn one down

My choice is what I choose to do
and if I'm causing no harm
it shouldn't bother you
your choice is who you choose to be
and if your causin' no harm
then you're alright with me"

Ben Harper - Burn one down

Peace and Love

You can't regret something you never had the motivation to try in the first place. Agreed, try not to live your life with regrets. But you're either assuming everyone wants to try weed and doesn't, which would be a regret. Or you've just ignored the fact that some people just plain have no desire for it.

To Curtis, binge culture is borderline out of control in Britain. It's an argument I put forth against legalisation. Everyone likes to compare to the Dutch and how it worked great. But their society as a whole seems to be able to be far more responsible. I frankly don't trust the British public with more drugs, when the majority can't handle alcohol in a close to responsible way.

Very good point, although I personally think legalization might be good since it would probably reduce binge drinking (people would choose to spend the night at home or at a friend's house smoking instead of going out drinking). Why is it that the culture in Britain is like that? Is it the weather and the lack of light during winter? I feel like if I lived in Britain, I would be a huge stoner during the winter time.

did it once or twice, hated it and stopped... all my mates do it a fair bit tho

I have a smoke every once in a while. But only if my mates got any, I wont buy any for myself.

Its pretty **** sometimes, other times its funny.

I remember once my friend from home came up to manc to see me at uni, brought some fruity **** with him.

We spent the rest of the night laughing at the Angry Birds theme tune.

When you 13 your view on life is a mix of:

What you learn at school - Over the top facts mixed with governement propaganda designed to scare you away from bad things

What you see on TV: Trying weed WILL lead you onto harder drugs, you will become addicted and ultimatly die!

What your mum tells you: Dont ever try anything .... maybe you can when you go to University.

Once you've grown up and experienced life a little more, you will want to try some things. You will travel more and meet more people. Take a trip to Amsterdam and you'll see business men sitting in Coffee shops, laptop out, coffee in one hand and a Joint in the other. The law is completly different in Amsterdam.

Once you grown up you'll release that having a ciggerette wont instanly make you teeth go Yellow, fingers stained and give you lung cancer. You releaise that a black eye will go away after a week and ultimatly you will form your own oppinions on things.

I have smoked it a few times, but would never do it on a regular basis, waste of money and despite what the pot smokers think, it clearly does have some effect on you.

Just look at any long term pot smoker, you will see the difference, they talk slower and look dopier (no pun intended). Also, anyone saying it's better than alcohol, that only applies if you drink alcohol everyday, or smoke weed everyday, then yeah alcohol is worse. But drinking occasionally isn't bad for you, and i don't see why smoking weed occasionally would be either.

If you want an example, watch 'The Tool Academy' on E4 and listen to 'Stoner Tool' compared to the others.

Smoked it on an occasional but relatively regualr basis for a couple of years, it doesn't really do that much for me tbh, only really took part for social reasons.
As with most drugs in the UK, it doesn't stand up to the quality and potency of stuff i've tried whilst on my travels. I've been out of my tree in Barbados, Amsterdam and LA from a few hits on a bong, but i can sit and smoke all night with my friends in the UK and feeel nothing more than a bit light headed.

Same with most of the other drugs i've tried tbh, if they aren't fake, overpriced, or mixed/cut with good knows what etc etc then i'm more than likely not in the UK when taking them.

Smoked it on an occasional but relatively regualr basis for a couple of years, it doesn't really do that much for me tbh, only really took part for social reasons.
As with most drugs in the UK, it doesn't stand up to the quality and potency of stuff i've tried whilst on my travels. I've been out of my tree in Barbados, Amsterdam and LA from a few hits on a bong, but i can sit and smoke all night with my friends in the UK and feeel nothing more than a bit light headed.

Same with most of the other drugs i've tried tbh, if they aren't fake, overpriced, or mixed/cut with good knows what etc etc then i'm more than likely not in the UK when taking them.

Yeah I hear there's coke in Europe but I don't even want to know what's in it...I'm sure the other stuff is fine though. I'm not surprised though that the weed in the UK isn't good, terrible outdoor growing conditions and not enough local demand.

I am. Prefer it over alcohol ANY day. To those who think that its bad for you because the government tells you that, think about this:

Cannabis cures cancer (YouTube - Cured: A Cannabinoid Story. A film by David Triplett. Skin cancer cure tested and proven effective

"Plans to relax the cannabis laws could save police £38m a year and vastly improve police and community relations" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1869897.stm)

Tobacco kills 435.000 people per year. Alcohol kills 85.000 per year. Painkillers (Aspirin etc) kills 7600 per year. Marijuana kills 0 people per year

Marijuana doesn't make you lazy. YOU make yourself lazy

It isn't anyones business if some bloke goes to the pub, get wasted, come home and beat his wife and kids.
Why should it be someones business if I smoke a joint, watch a movie then go to sleep?

I could continue all day.

Last edited:
I smoke on a regular basis, but not that much. And I only smoke weed from my own plant or a friends plant. Not only is the taste better but you know where it comes from and what's in it. Because nowadays the potency of most of the ganja you can by here is way too high (The weed that's being sold in the shops in Holland usually comes from here-->Belgium) SO high that you actually have to consider it as harddrugs. Also they spray a lot of chemicals on there which can't be healthy. I don't smoke it, i cook it or vaporise it, which isn't harmful to your body at all.
Too be honest, I don't understand why so many people have such a bad impression about cannabis. People have been burnin the trees for thousands of years. The mental problems only happen to people who are susceptible to mental problems. So it is in no way true that weed can form mental problems, but it CAN trigger them if the person is already susceptible to such problems.
What i do find irritating however is how the youth nowadays use weed and why. I myself use small amounts and for meditative purposes. But I've seen teenagers roll huge joints with multiple grams of strong cannabis, and if you ask them why they smoke they always answer that it's cool and they like the feeling and want to escape reality. That is so wrong, you should only smoke to get in higher state of awareness (my opinion of course).
In any case, people who comment on weed but drink their beer every once in a while (or more) are hypocryts. Alcohol is a hard drug, so shut up :p I personally don't drink alcohol, but I also don't comment on people who do... Live and let live, that's my motto!

BTW: The "stepping stone theory" has been proven to be wrong multiple times.
Also quite some studies suggest that the THC in cannabis can actually KILL cancer cells (but if you smoke it with tobacco that's not the case of course) So weed CAN be usefull.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna do some healing of the nation, have a nice day everyone!

Thanks for proving my point

Exactly how did I prove it?

Hope that one wasn't directed at me :p

Oh and I wasn't trying to give out life advice...I was trying to give my opinion on a controversial subject.
If it was life advice I would be saying 'You must not do it'.....I was saying no I wont do it because there are potential risks involved *cue 'it's only weed' replies* and personally its not something I wanna do especially because it's against the law.

Last edited:
I am. Prefer it over alcohol ANY day. To those who think that its bad for you because the government tells you that, think about this:

Cannabis cures cancer (YouTube - Cured: A Cannabinoid Story. A film by David Triplett. Skin cancer cure tested and proven effective

"Plans to relax the cannabis laws could save police £38m a year and vastly improve police and community relations" (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1869897.stm)

Tobacco kills 435.000 people per year. Alcohol kills 85.000 per year. Painkillers (Aspirin etc) kills 7600 per year. Marijuana kills 0 people per year

Marijuana doesn't make you lazy. YOU make yourself lazy

It isn't anyones business if some bloke goes to the pub, get wasted, come home and beat his wife and kids.
Why should it be someones business if I smoke a joint, watch a movie then go to sleep?

I could continue all day.

There are far better arguments for legalisation than this.
I'll put my faith in radiotherapy and drugs created with the purpose of treating cancer, not the by-product of something else. The chemical that treats has yet to be isolated as far as I'm aware, so the potency is far weaker than a real medicine. If the chemical is isolated then it can be sold as a treated drug, and will lose the other effects with it.

And then you have to spend more of the money saved back on increasing NHS funding correlated with the increased use.

So what if it kills less people? Alcohol and tobacco have been part of our society for a far longer time than Weed has, it's close to impossible to de-legalise something like alcohol that is so ingrained in our society (Prohibition era). Do you honestly think with current scientific studies into these substances governments would have legalised them if they had a choice? I've already gone through this argument in the thread if you'd read it. So you're saying alcohol kills more, and it's legal, so we should legalise weed. So, kitchen knives are legal and kill more than guns. Want guns legalising too? Just because we already have something in society, doesn't mean it's right to add another negative just because it's slightly better than those already legalised.

You're kidding me with this argument right? A man goes to the pub, gets slaughtered, goes to bed. A man goes out, gets stoned all night, drives home and kills someone under the influence. Oh yeah, that argument, I don't need to explain why. Or lets do it fairly. Man gets drunk, beats his wife in a drunken rage. Man gets stoned, suffers paranoia and hurts his wife out of a jealous rage. Or, man gets drunk, goes home and goes to bed. Man gets stoned, goes home and goes to bed.

Please do continue all day, try and remove the bias next time, it's hindering your arguments badly.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

BTW: The "stepping stone theory" has been proven to be wrong multiple times.

Link sources, because I can link them that shows it increases motivation for harder drugs.