Weed

for **** sake no, why would anyone be that dumb, if you want to get a good old fashioned high try cocaine

lotta ******* on here, try it then tell everyone how bad it is, you'll most likely change ya minds though

brilliant pt.2

I'm a weed user. A proud one. How can you bunch talk if you haven't tried it? I used to badmouth cocaine without knowing it, thats why I tried it, and I still badmouth it, it sucks donkey ***. Not trying to get you weed-addicts, not even sying for you to try it, just avoid talking about something you do not know. Most of those 'side-effects' spread around the internet are bs, and most of the people around here talk like they're brainwashed or something..

Nice bump btw. Original bump.

Not trying to get you weed-addicts, not even sying for you to try it, just avoid talking about something you do not know.

Just taken this bit as this is the only bit I want to refute.

This boils down to the argument a couple of pages back where someone was saying if you aint tried it you cant really say anything about it
Its like saying you aint raped someone so you cant say anything about it.

Yes I am taking it to an extreme here but that what your basically saying or what I can infer from that message.

*Cue '**** off your only 13 you don't have an opinion' posts*

brilliant pt.2

I'm a weed user. A proud one. How can you bunch talk if you haven't tried it? I used to badmouth cocaine without knowing it, thats why I tried it, and I still badmouth it, it sucks donkey ***. Not trying to get you weed-addicts, not even sying for you to try it, just avoid talking about something you do not know. Most of those 'side-effects' spread around the internet are bs, and most of the people around here talk like they're brainwashed or something..

Can't be bothered to repeat myself, so quoting myself:

Still wrong. You form an opinion from knowledge that you have of said subject, if you have more knowledge you can form a more educated opinion. To my Scientist example, he hasn't been to the moon, but he knows a lot about Astrophysics. Are you going to deny that he doesn't have a valid opinion of how to send a rocket to the moon since he has never been there?

There's some very good arguments for weed, but this "you haven't tried it so you can't talk about it" is quite possibly the most ridiculous one I've heard. I miss GodCubed's arguments for, at least they had some validity.

And a lot of the side effects aren't bs. Wait, let me guess, you tried it and you suffered no side effects, so it must be fine! I forgot that a few people's experiences on an internet forum contributed to a statistical sample. A lot of the positives that have been spread on here are complete bs too.

And in before you say I'm "brainwashed" against the weed culture. Nowhere in this thread have I stated I'm 100% against legalisation.

lol, i didnt try cocaine, but i know it sucks.
Weed ftw :)

Coupla things: Cocaine *is* good, because chemically that's what it does to your body. I simply don't care enough for it to argue for it, and this is a weed thread, and weed pwns.

Secondly, the people playing the 'BUTS I NEVER TRIED RAPE AND I DONT THINK THAT WOULD BE GOOD' theres one key difference between bad mouthing a drug and bad mouthing a thing like rape - drugs only affect you. So in short - if you haven't tried it, you shouldn't actively condemn it. Rape is a traumatic multi-person catastrophe, taking a drug chemically alters your body and your body alone, so it's more feasible to try it and form your own opinion instead of watching Fox news and hearing how 50 teenagers died from a single joint.

Coupla things: Cocaine *is* good, because chemically that's what it does to your body. I simply don't care enough for it to argue for it, and this is a weed thread, and weed pwns.

Secondly, the people playing the 'BUTS I NEVER TRIED RAPE AND I DONT THINK THAT WOULD BE GOOD' theres one key difference between bad mouthing a drug and bad mouthing a thing like rape - drugs only affect you. So in short - if you haven't tried it, you shouldn't actively condemn it. Rape is a traumatic multi-person catastrophe, taking a drug chemically alters your body and your body alone, so it's more feasible to try it and form your own opinion instead of watching Fox news and hearing how 50 teenagers died from a single joint.

I've never tried cyanide, does that mean I can't talk about its effects too?

I've never tried cyanide, does that mean I can't talk about its effects too?

LOL YOU NAMED A TOXIC CHEMICAL THATS OBVIOUSLY THE SAME

tool.

To be so pedantic shows you're running out of anti-weed arguements, which everyone alway does eventually. Of course you can talk about the effects of weed if you've never tried it, that information is all over the internet/ books/ high schools etc - but you can't condemn it because your opinion isn't fully formed. Obviously you don't need 'try' Cyanide or other toxic chemicals because if you did, you'd be as bigger a *** as Joel, but something like weed/ alcohol/ tobacco its different to say 'Well I know of the negative side effects so I dont want to' and 'I READ A POST BY JOEL ON FM-BASE AND YOURE A DIRTY POTHEAD YOU SUCK YOURE STUPID AND PATHETIC'

go die.

tool.

To be so pedantic shows you're running out of anti-weed arguements, which everyone alway does eventually. Of course you can talk about the effects of weed if you've never tried it, that information is all over the internet/ books/ high schools etc - but you can't condemn it because your opinion isn't fully formed. Obviously you don't need 'try' Cyanide or other toxic chemicals because if you did, you'd be as bigger a *** as Joel, but something like weed/ alcohol/ tobacco its different to say 'Well I know of the negative side effects so I dont want to' and 'I READ A POST BY JOEL ON FM-BASE AND YOURE A DIRTY POTHEAD YOU SUCK YOURE STUPID AND PATHETIC'

go die.

Calm down, if you actually read my other posts, you'd see I'm not even completely against it. Also, I've never judged anyone for their choices on this thread. Try some reading comprehension before you jump to conclusions, tool. I haven't condemned it, I've argued against the people saying you CAN'T have an opinion until you've tried it, which you just admitted yourself that I can.

Idiot, read who has said what in the thread before you kick off at someone.

And telling someone to go die for disagreeing with your opinion? And here I was thinking you could actually but forward intelligent arguments at the start of the thread.

EDIT: And of course I can compare the two, you said this:

taking a drug chemically alters your body and your body alone, so it's more feasible to try it and form your own opinion instead of watching Fox news and hearing how 50 teenagers died from a single joint.

Cyanide chemically alters your body - check.
I don't see any other criteria you stated. The fact you got so aggressive over a simple argument shows you're running out of ideas. I'm comparing on the simplest form, just the negative of cyanide is death over a simple high. But negatives are negatives, how else do you want to differentiate between them? Eventually we'll have gone down all possible drug comparisons until we're left with just weed, but I guess that suits you since you're artificially removing my argument by ignorance and being aggressive rather than an actual intelligent counter point.

Last edited:

tool.

go die.

Well that's a clear indication that drug use creates well balanced, controlled individuals...

Been offered it, I walk back from school with my neighbour who smokes it, but I have no interest in trying it, but I have nothing against it. If people want to do it, fair enough but they won't receive my sympathy when they're ******.

Calm down, if you actually read my other posts, you'd see I'm not even completely against it. Also, I've never judged anyone for their choices on this thread. Try some reading comprehension before you jump to conclusions, tool. I haven't condemned it, I've argued against the people saying you CAN'T have an opinion until you've tried it, which you just admitted yourself that I can.

Idiot, read who has said what in the thread before you kick off at someone.

And telling someone to go die for disagreeing with your opinion? And here I was thinking you could actually but forward intelligent arguments at the start of the thread.

Well that's a clear indication that drug use creates well balanced, controlled individuals...

Up yours to both of you. Tbf I lost my rag because im sick of anti-weed people getting half way through the arguement and just giving up, playing the 'youre pathetic you smoke weed' card and acting like they won despite scientific and medicinal evidence disproving 80% of the worlds assumptions about it.

Up yours Nixon mainly, because not everything is from drug use. I could happen to be a very very angry person IRL, how do you know? But no, straight to the drug use. Pot is evil, pot causes anger.

Not sure that anyone who hasn't tried it can really justify their opinion....there are some strong opinions flying about on here and it seems a lot of sniping.

Live your life how you want to, who is anyone else to judge you!

I have done it now and then, havent really got a problem with it. I can understand the concerns with exacerbating phychosis and mental problems but I would imagine the majority of people do not have any long term issues.

With alcohol the same depressive, paranoid state can be experienced when abused so I find drawing comparisons between the two very relevant.

I neither have cravings or a explicit desire to have a smoke but in some instances I will partake (particularly at Uni). Although I have some friends who were addicted to it (whether it be the drug or the habit) and still continue to do it religiously now. They all remain relatively successful and have no mental problems what so ever. - I should add that some of those friends have taken anything more than weed and neither are addicted to smoking cigarettes.

I am surprised at some peoples ability to criticise when they are probably also people who abuse alcohol at weekends....I am not condoning it but I don't think it should come with the social negativity that is often aligned with it.

Up yours to both of you. Tbf I lost my rag because im sick of anti-weed people getting half way through the arguement and just giving up, playing the 'youre pathetic you smoke weed' card and acting like they won despite scientific and medicinal evidence disproving 80% of the worlds assumptions about it.

Up yours Nixon mainly, because not everything is from drug use. I could happen to be a very very angry person IRL, how do you know? But no, straight to the drug use. Pot is evil, pot causes anger.

Where have I ever given up half way through my arguments? Also, show me where I've said I'm 100% anti-weed. Oh, a random statistic pulled from nowhere. Yes, that's a really great argument there, bravo. I've never called anyone pathetic for smoking weed. Idiot. If I've run out of anti-weed arguments, I've made numerous economic, social and health arguments through the thread. Why don't you go answer them instead of calling me something, that I'm not?

- He was being sarcastic, did the drugs take your sarcasm detector with it too?

This would be a far better thread as a discussion or debate than an arguement. That means make reference to the differences in the opinions you may have without taking/making it personal (to be fair Joel has said that above).

Where are the moderators?! surely they can see this descending into a contest of tubster vs Joelio...

Where have I ever given up half way through my arguments? Also, show me where I've said I'm 100% anti-weed. Oh, a random statistic pulled from nowhere. Yes, that's a really great argument there, bravo. I've never called anyone pathetic for smoking weed. Idiot. If I've run out of anti-weed arguments, I've made numerous economic, social and health arguments through the thread. Why don't you go answer them instead of calling me something, that I'm not?

- He was being sarcastic, did the drugs take your sarcasm detector with it too?

Oh he was being sarcastic was he? He thinks what I said was a reasonable reaction? No, he's not being sarcastic, he's hiding behind some partial humour incase I took offence (which Im incapable of so no worries) but he wasn't bein sarcastic. Onwards with the post:

OK I've been backtracking the 8 pages of this thread (far too many pages for backtracking), and it turns out half the **** I thought you'd been saying, you hadn't. It is also very clear however, that you're stuck in hollywood childhood mode when it comes to drugs - it doesn't sound like you've been anywhere near the industry (which makes sense if you dont smoke I suppose). A few examples:

"I'm sure plenty of people use the tactic of persuading kids into using it because it's cool." - Joel, fm-base.
You need to get the childhood image of a 'drug dealer' out of your head. So very few drug dealers are standing in massive overalls outside school gates/ in alley ways, promoting themselves to anyone who walks by, offering freebies to get you addicted, that is all such bullshit. A drug dealer is far more likely to be a friend of a friend of a friend, who does al his business from within his house. You're far more likely to get less than you imagined rather than a freebie to entice you back, and I know plenty of people who have sold/ do sell that won't sell to anybody who looks too young (its never a set age thing, its always at their discretion).

"Surely it's better if the first step on the ladder is weed rather than Cocaine?" - Joel, fm-base
'the ladder' should be 'a ladder'. The gateway drug theory is half BS and entirely the governments fault imo, people who smoke cannabis don't instantly feel the need to try cocaine, lsd, heroin - its that when they do try cannabis and it's not as bad as the government made out, they wonder what else isn't as bad on a person by person basis. Some people have drug blocks - from bad experiences from someone they know or just drilled propaganda from when they were young, and then some drugs are just plain bad news (crack cocaine mmmkay).

To my Scientist example, he hasn't been to the moon, but he knows a lot about Astrophysics. Are you going to deny that he doesn't have a valid opinion of how to send a rocket to the moon since he has never been there? - Joel, fmbase
Imagine you're Sir Alex Ferguson. Or someone better. Wenger, say you're Arsene Wenger. I walk up to you and say 'Arsene! Arsene! I've spent the last 19 years of my life reading about football, watching football, studying the physics of aerodynamic ball movement (if that makes sense) I'm ready to play for Arsenal!' how do you think it would go? Do you think he would pick the person who completely understands the theory but has no practical experience or do you think he might look for someone who has done it before and therefore knows the mindset/ work-load/ experience that's inbound? Tbh this is starting to sound a bit thinker Vs doer, nerd vs football player, the classic 'lets do it' vers 'guys i think we should read up on it first', but drugs aren't something you can read up on entirely. How they affect you could be unique, its one of the things if you're interested in you just have to try in small doses - but in summary I find it quite hard to condemn it if you don't know the mindset of being stoned. For me being stoned doesn't make me act or think any differently (albeit a bit slower I'd guess) - its a feeling, a warm euphoric feeling coupled with whatever activity I'm doing is instantly more fun - and I can't imagine anybody else feeling the same having a bad experience, but there are people who can have two/ three off a joint and hit the deck, conscienceness out. Its person to person, its fair if you don't smoke/ don't want to/ have done but didnt like it, but I can't stand active condemning which many, many people have done in this thread (though not you Joel, not as much as I thought anyway).

Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch)
Problems with memory and learning
Loss of coordination
Trouble with thinking and problem-solving
Increased heart rate, reduced blood pressure

Some effects of Weed, why would anyone seriously pay for that? And there is more.
- Some guy, cba to find his name (wasnt you Joel)
This guy for the maximum lose. As Godcubed said, all of them could be side effects of weed, but all of them x10 ARE effects of alcohol. Legality makes no sense in this world (-netherlands and canada, depending on what canada is doing with weed nowadays)

You guys all know, that cigarettes and alcohol are 10x worse than weed. Its just because weed is illegal that everyone feels so negatively about it. - Joe, ftw, fm-base.
Joe ftw.

seriously on page 5 and ill die if I have to read anymore of this ****. Basically Joel, sorry for the outburst as you weren't as dickish as I thought. Nixon still ftl.

also, whilst trailing through the pages - I noticed we lost that blakefish guy like 3 pages ago, high five! i like

p.s check out my formatting, its like a book n **** =D