• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 170
  • Views Views 7K

Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal fans dont deserve this but Wenger does. Everyone knows and has said they need a top keeper and he refuses to buy one and this is what you get im afraid Mr Wenger.
agree with you here, its the same old thing. every title winning side has been backed by a top keeper. We have just signed a good one, yet this summer we will g out an buy a very top one, because the 5-10 points they save is the difference between 1st and 2nd

Our two best keepers are injured, who have been brilliant this season. Most teams 3rd keeper is probably not brilliant, but at least better than our one.

But them 2 best keepers are not good enough to be number 1 at a club like Arsenal simple as that.

Arshavin, great, cut the deficit, maybe a draw, but the chance of having been able to go top of the table had Utd drawn...

Only Arsene "penny pincher" Wenger would bid 2 million on 1 GK and see the bid rejected and call it a season

agree with you here, its the same old thing. every title winning side has been backed by a top keeper. We have just signed a good one, yet this summer we will g out an buy a very top one, because the 5-10 points they save is the difference between 1st and 2nd

Exacly that, i remember in Mourinho's last full season in charge at Chelsea it was the year Cech was missing for most of the season and Utd went on to win the title. And when he came back towards the end of the season he won us a game alomost single hadedly away at Portsmouth and Mourinho said he is a keeper that wins you 10-15 points a season.

If you have a keeper that can do that they your side has a bigger chance to be successfull simple as that.

I think Wenger could have paid something like 4m at the start of the season for Given not sure tho.

But them 2 best keepers are not good enough to be number 1 at a club like Arsenal simple as that.

Szczesny has the potential to be a top keeper, but he is too raw right now, maybe in a couple years time, and Fabianski was doing very well, maybe if he hadn't been injured he'd had proven to be the keeper Arsenal needed, although he has proven to be blunder prone in the past. But Almunia is too inconsistent for a team like Arsenal, even though consistency seems to be an issue for all 3 of them, you can't play a keeper that performs well against Barça and then decides to give West Brom a hand in their relegation struggle - twice.

Szczesny is.
And Fabianski could be a brilliant back-up.

The first lad who i refuse to try and write is a decent young keeper but that is it. Look at Chelsea's keeper Cech is 27, Utd keeper VDS is 40/41?? Liverpools keeper is 26/27?? Spurs keeper is 24/25?? Im not saying he wont become a great keeper because he might do but in this current time he is not good enough to be Arsenals number one.

Our two best keepers are injured, who have been brilliant this season. Most teams 3rd keeper is probably not brilliant, but at least better than our one.
Compare your best keepers to teams around you

Utd- VDS
Man City- Hart and Given
Chelsea- Cech
Spurs- Gomes
Liverpool- Reina

Arsenals keepers arent as good as those guys.

Szczesny has the potential to be a top keeper, but he is too raw right now, maybe in a couple years time, and Fabianski was doing very well, maybe if he hadn't been injured he'd had proven to be the keeper Arsenal needed, although he has proven to be blunder prone in the past. But Almunia is too inconsistent for a team like Arsenal, even though consistency seems to be an issue for all 3 of them, you can't play a keeper that performs well against Barça and then decides to give West Brom a hand in their relegation struggle - twice.
talented but raw, which means he must have a top experienced defender helping him out. Arsenal dont have that

oooo 2-2 now. This is going to be a grandstand finish

utes left to get a winner, if arsenal do it, i would put them as favourites for the title(if they can stay consistent) no thanks to almunia!

A late winner for Arsenal will be met by a even later winner by Utd at OT because the red card given to Evans will accumilate more "Fergie Time".

2-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love this team, even though they almost give me heart attacks at times.

EDIT - I still hate Almunia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back