West Ham vs. Liverpool (27/2/2011)

Jesus christ, even Carlton ****** Cole scored. What a dire dire performance.

What a ***** performance, completely deserved to lose. I think this is the moment when optimistic Liverpool fans will have to admit that we will settle for 6th. Champions League? Just a dream now for this season. For 5th, we'd need to be very lucky.

I didn't even know that tbh. Didn't watch the Switzerland game, but fair, yes a midfield of Wilshere Parker Gerrard, with A Young and Walcott/Lennon is very exciting.
Parker, was very good, more than demonstrated his West Ham form for England, hes what we need for now until the likes of rodwell are ready. Top class player. a lot of positives from that game, providing we stick with how we played. Bit OT so ill leave it at that. but in short very promising

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

What a ***** performance, completely deserved to lose. I think this is the moment when optimistic Liverpool fans will have to admit that we will settle for 6th. Champions League? Just a dream now for this season. For 5th, we'd need to be very lucky.
i dont even know what that was... well played west ham though, they are looking like the fight is back in them

Completely went out of the window when Kelly came off, and Cole came on. Formation change + Cole = bad news.

I think the game was framed up.. I am not trying to excuse the players because of the awful performance, I am just saying my opinion. Though Liverpool had one of the worst performance in this season.

Actually I still think the stupid cockneys will go down. They are just as inconsistant as us.

wee need to get rid of 6 or 7 of this **** in the summer
well played west ham you wanted the win more than liverpool
parker had gerrard in his back pocket today

Completely went out of the window when Kelly came off, and Cole came on. Formation change + Cole = bad news.

ShouIdnt have started with that formation in the first place anyway.I think Cole and Ngog gave us more options upfront and they looked live,unlike Meireles and Gerrard.

I think the game was framed up.. I am not trying to excuse the players because of the awful performance, I am just saying my opinion. Though Liverpool had one of the worst performance in this season.
You think the game was fixed?:S
Or does framed up mean something else?

I do like the 5-3-2 formation. The 5 at the back with three CB's covers up gaps in our defence, and allows Kelly/Johnson to attack, which they can do very well. Two strikers with Suarez, Carroll up there, Gerrard Lucas and Merieles is promising.

wee need to get rid of 6 or 7 of this **** in the summer
well played west ham you wanted the win more than liverpool
parker had gerrard in his back pocket today

Name the 6 or 7 players we need to get rid of?

Name the 6 or 7 players we need to get rid of?
I'll name some...

Poulsen
Konchesky
Cole (waste of wages)
Aurelio
Kuyt
Maxi
Skrtel (unless he plays better)
N'gog

Replace all of them with better players.

I do like the 5-3-2 formation. The 5 at the back with three CB's covers up gaps in our defence, and allows Kelly/Johnson to attack, which they can do very well. Two strikers with Suarez, Carroll up there, Gerrard Lucas and Merieles is promising.

I like the 3-5-2 but when Agger isn't there to step into the midfield it's a bit too defensive even with the two full-backs getting forward. I disagree with your statement about Kelly attacking very well, sure he can get forward but he's still very wasteful at this stage.

I'll name some...

Poulsen
Konchesky
Cole (waste of wages)
Aurelio
Kuyt
Maxi
N'gog

Kuyt's signing a new contract...
N'gog should be loaned
Maxi should stay
Aurelio's good when fit

I'll name some...

Poulsen
Konchesky
Cole (waste of wages)
Aurelio
Kuyt
Maxi
N'gog

Then who would be backups to these better players?

I'll name some...

Poulsen - Agreed, but a good backup nonetheless.
Konchesky - Out on loan, won't get played under anyone but Hodgson
Cole (waste of wages) - Can be useful, but yes, wages are steep
Aurelio - ??? He plays well from what I've seen...
Kuyt - Possibly our most hard-working player, why would we get rid of him?
Maxi - Good on his day, worth keeping
Skrtel (unless he plays better) - A good defender, the stick he gets is often undeserved
N'gog - Fine for a backup when we've got Carroll + Suarez fit

Edited the quote with why we should keep some of those players.