What Lower League team are you starting your career at?

I'm using Uncle Ron's database, which activates the Ryman, Southern & Northern Regional divisions, along with their feeder divisions.

I chose Mossley AFC, who are in the Northern Premier League Division One North, the 8th tier of English football. They've been around since 1903 and have won a fair few regional cups and leagues in their history, but have not done squat on the national stage and their highest peak was the 6th tier of football. They were once upon a time considered a non-League regional powerhouse in the late 70's and early 80's, finishing in either 1st or 2nd place for 5 straight seasons in the Northern Premier League Premier Division.

My goal is to take them to the Football League (nPower League Two) at the very least, and time and patience permitting, the Premier League. Getting to League Two alone will take 4 promotions. I'd like to earn two straight promotions, reaching the Conference North by 2012/13.

Pre-season has not been a good sign though. I drew 0-0 with the Mossley Reserves (Basically an under-16 team with a few ''older'' players) in my first pre-season game, and then conceeded 10 goals in the next 3 games (1 draw and two losses). My 'keepers are an area of concern. I've used the two I started with and have trialled another one and they are blunder prone. In that streak of leaking 10 goals in 3 games, 4 of them were due to my 'keepers spilling the ball. I did not keep one clean sheet through the pre-season. Fortunately, towards the end (I finished on a two game winning streak) my strikers found their target and were scoring more than I was conceeding (5-3 & 3-2 were the scorelines).

Oh, and I've already put them in financial strain by signing a guy for free but making him the highest paid player at this level. He's 19, earning 140 quid a week and worth 16,000.

Started at Leeds Utd, had a good first year with Kyle Walker & Seamus Coleman on loan. Keep them in the hunt for promotion playoffs for most of the season, but lost the last couple of games to fall to ninth. Fell into the Harry Rednapp management trap 2nd year, signed 13 players and couldn't workout a formation for them. Did what all good managers do when they stuff-up, resigned and let someone else fix the mess. Now managing Ipswich town, going into 2nd year. Worked out for both team Leeds survived with lot good young players and i got Ipswich out of the dropzone.

Just started another game as my local team Basingstoke Town...hopefully it will go as well, if not better, than last time!

Just starting off at Skelmersdale, injuries are proving to be a problem so far but having a decent FA cup run.

Bicester Town! Team in the Hellenic Divison 1 West. I'm now in the Champions League and won the Premier League in 2023-24 season, success! :)

Shrewsbury Town..Succesfully arrived in Premier League within 5 years..Now struggling to do well in the Champions League with Lucas Barrios and Daniel Sturridge leads our 'lethal' strikeforce..

After 7 seasons I have got Alfreton Town into the EPL. Disastrous start though and have lost my first 5 games games and knocked out of the league cup by QPR. It's going to be a long season and think staying up will be a huge ask. I'm going to have to abandon the tactics I have been using from League 2 and play more defensive, 3 strikers isn't working in the EPL.

Started with Bromley Town earlier but after 7 seasons (leading them to the Championship) my computer crashed.

Now I started a new game, trying to do the same with Dover Athletic. First year promotion should be secure after leading the league by 11 points after 25 games.
Hope I can build a team that is as talented as I had it at Bromley.

When i start the game, i use Vauxhall Motors because they are the worst team i've seen at information screen (sorry for Vauxhall fans). Hope i can promotion at first season.

When i start the game, i use Vauxhall Motors because they are the worst team i've seen at information screen (sorry for Vauxhall fans). Hope i can promotion at first season.

Are there any Vauxhall fans? They have the record for lowest league attendance in my save, with a seem busting 83 people packing into the stadium.

i am Worcester City after my 2015-16 season with Southport went kaboom (lost save). hoping to stick to this before FM12 comes out anyone got any ideas for what to do with City or not ??

Just finished first season with AC Noicattaro Calcio (Italian Serie C/2C).
Brought in Alessandro Frau, Antonio Magnani, Jacopo Mariscoli and Luca Bisello Ragno on Free's, Simone Palese for 1.5k and mid season Elio Smarra (loan from Bari, and what a gun!)
Have Parent/Feeder clubs in Bari and Biscegli respectively.

Winning the League, C Cup, C2 Super Cup and with much loading saves the U/20s Cup too (over Inter :D)

Evil? Yes, but now the games begin and BANG! The club has decided to build a $15M stadium.
ok, kinda sweet, was looking to cling to the level, slowly make money, buy-sell and build up the kids resources... now I'm looking to raise 87k/month for the debt. WEEEEeeeeee... carp!

It's my first run through the game after much distractions, fingers crossed I work out how to get decent sales for players to erase this debt!

Roy.

Easier to put the question in here...

Anyone know of any lower level databases so I can get Christchurch? (They're in the 9th/10th tier)

Watford :D

Already beaten Man Utd and snatched a late equaliser against Bolton in pre-season.

Are there any Vauxhall fans? They have the record for lowest league attendance in my save, with a seem busting 83 people packing into the stadium.

really? i dont know that fact . that's very surprised

I'm using san marino (who start in italian C2) and I'm now in my second season in Serie A, just got ibrahimovic on a free :)

Luton Town FC even tho im a newbie and probs going to struggle lol wish me luck

Torquay United, solid start to my first season, 4th after 10 games. But I've gone nuts on my wage bill, 5k over the allowed amount. Need to cut the squad down in January window.

Come on you Gulls (my second team after THFC)

Abingdon Utd - Southern League Division One South & West