What Lower League team are you starting your career at?

I've used an add-on to get to Weymouth FC in the Zamaretto Premier League, complete with a 10 point deduction!

port vale, i won league 2 in my first season.

need a new formation for league 1

Greetings! New to the site (first post) but have gained some good player/tactic advice from these pages.

I'm starting up as Hereford United because I like the idea of turning 'minnows to maestros' and I have fond memories of Edgar Street as my first away match in 1984. Last but not least I get to use 'The Beast' that is Mathieu Manset (pre-Reading move).

My added twist is to sign only British & Irish players to try and keep it more difficult/real. I am happy to keep the foreign players already at the club.

On another topic, I like the idea of RB Leipzig. I have compiled (or should say compiling, as these things never stand still!) a decent size database of free players many of which are foreign. Has anybody been able to persuade many of these to join RB Leipzig. It's my way of using these names without spoiling my Hereford idea.

Wishing you all happy LLM experiences!

started with Woking (BSS) im going for the PL in a few years, won first season, now into BSP and almost secured a playoff spot. :)

I started at Dartford in the BSS, now into my fifth season and I'm in League One. Three promotions in four years, and a defeat in the play off final in my other season...

Just about to start my new season, but the club is beginning to feel the strain. For the first time in my career I'm in debt, and I started my new season with a transfer budget of £4k, and only £28k for wages, which means I've had to let a load of my squad players leave...I'm in for a tough season if my key players get injured.

Just started with Crawley as they seem to be a decently well-off club so it will be slightly easier for me really, Juts got promoted to L2 so lets see how it goes from there....

I nearly done the same, I started with woking and have almost secured a playoff spot in the npwrl 2. but financially i am must less then the other teams

started at Brighton, got them promoted to the champs, went to relegated wigan, brought them to the prem, hired by a demoralized Magath Schalke, got nothing in the first season but did the double in my second one (DFB-Pokal and Bundesliga) now at west ham since i wanted a return to England, great career so far and Brighton are a really good team to start with

lurgan celtic in the northern irish second division. no money, poorest of the poor facilities. challenge or what :)

Nordvest FC!

Danish Second Division West lol, equivalent to like Blue Square Premier/League 2 but with the reputation of something a little lower down.
4th season with them now, I got promoted first time, finishing 3rd place twice now in the First division, getting my youth acadamy and facilities up, so I can have some Danish players in my squad lol....I have one so at the moment....

My very own hometown's club, Clube Atlético de Macedo de Cavaleiros! Portuguese 3rd tier, their very first time there and in a FM game! So i am obvious giving them a shot... So far so good, got promoted in the first season, strugling in the 2nd Division but i need time to get some quality players, as this tier is so competitive...

Well, I've had the game from near the release date. The first time I selected Portstewart in the NI Ladbrokes Championship. Every other time I've started unemployed. My current spell is with Tournai in the Belgian 2nd Division. I took them to 6th in the first season, and finished 2nd in the promotion playoffs to the Jupiler team in danger of relegation. Now I've been able to sell off a player or two, and hoping with some transfer funds to win outright in the 2nd season to get up to the Pro League.

I'm currently playing with Alfreton Town. My first season was in the Blue Square North, media prediction was 1st and duly obliged with a lovely little 10 game winning streak to pip Boston Utd to first place on the last day of the season.

The second season in Blue Square Premier I was predicted to be relegated. Bit patchy for the most part but again a strong finish put me in the play-offs. I beat AFC Wimbledon in the semi's and then Grimsby in the final to promote me into league 1.

Again the media predicted me to finish rock bottom and it looked like I would be relegated but the team turned it around and I finished 19th but 15 points ahead of Newport County who were relegated.

The biggest frustrations have been the boards inability to find a parent club. I have asked at every opportunity but they haven't found a suitable club. I find that very strange there are plenty of big clubs in the area. Also the training facilities haven't been improved. The board granted this but then cancelled a month before completion.

So far so good and I've set myself a goal of 10 seasons to reach the promised land of the EPL. I've made the mistake of filling my team full of young players who have been released by bigger clubs who have a potential of 4 stars but at the minute are on 1.5 / 2. This summer I'm going to try and get rid of a lot of the youth players and bring in as many hardy pro's n one year deals as possible to try and get out of league 2. I also need a good cup run to try and boost the finances and improve facilities.

BillyStruthLoyal, I recently just started a save at Alfreton, too. Took me 4 seasons (two league 2 seasons) to get to League 1. Currently still in my first season there. Just broke top 6 with 10 games to go, after sitting around 8th to 12th for the first half of the year.

I did also ask for training facilities upgrade once, and after an entire year of planning they canceled due to lack of funds. I guess there were right, lol.

I'm also not sure if I should push hard for a promotion yet, as our stadium only seats 3600. Club reputation is still sitting at Local, too, so the board won't even accept an expansion or new ground. Maybe if I can get our reputation up to Regional, and get our finances up, we can get a larger ground and push for Championship. I would feel a little embarrassed playing in the championship with a 3600 seat stadium haha.

Hopefully I can still get to EPL in 10 seasons. Good luck to you, as well!

I only asked for a parent once in BSP. We got Port Vale, then proceeded to get promoted to League 2 and had our link terminated. I haven't asked for a parent again. However, I have been taking EPL reserves or youth players on season-long loans. I did manage to re-loan three of them for a second season. They're starting to itch for top flight action, so I might have to get new kids soon.

I love playing LLM, but one thing that I always wondered was, how realistic is it to actually fill up a stadium with more than 15-20k in a small town like Alfreton. I hope that doesn't factor into reputation growth in-game. My chairman keeps saying we wouldn't expect increase in fan base so we shouldn't expand our stadium, etc.

Just done my first season with Kettering, they were predicted 10th and I got 10th, thanks to my striker, Moses Ashikodi (7.30 rating all season, 25 goals). Signed a few free agents like Beazares (sp?) Terry Dixon (Dissapointing) McLaughlin (excellent) Andy Van Der Meyde (dissapointing) and loaned a few good players like Emmanueal Mendy from Liverpool (signed on a free agent new season), Roman Golobart and Lee Nicholls from Wigan, Jamie Reckford (Can't remember the team). I'm finding it difficult on the finance side but the board keep injecting cash in to help with the running so I must be doing something right. In the new season, all but one staff member left so I'm on a mission to replace all of them. Told the board I can go for promotion this season. Also signed a couple players on loan this season, a young defender from Arsenal, Boateng, and a midfielder; Hall from Burnely.

Will post after season has ended telling how I did. Anyone any suggestions on who else to bolster my squad at the start of the second season? Preferrebly loans or free transfers? Got about £2,000 to work with wage-wise.

well i started unemployed then in at droylsden 1st season was all about trying to shape a squad and find youth team players consolidated in the league finishing 16th which was a success considering into the second and am second 13 played 2 pts off top 6 pts clear of third is gonna be a real challlenge not just promotion but in building finances and facillities i.e club overhaul