What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 382K
I'm currently playing with Valencia. David Villa is my current freekick taker, however he rarely, if ever, converts to goals from close range DFKs. Any hints who I might change the role to? David Silva, perhaps? Thank you!

Could you suggest roles for my team?

LB: Lucas Licht
CB: Brede Hangeland
CB: Vincent Kompany
RB: Stephen Kelly
MC: Marouane Fellaini
MC: Jàdson
AML: Landon Donovan
AMR: David Beckham
FC: Nathan Delfouneso
FC: Milyevski

You shall have my eternal gratitude

what roles should i set my players to. i'm looking to play a counter attacking style of football and the tactic i'm looking to play is in the screenshot

what roles should i set my players to. i'm looking to play a counter attacking style of football and the tactic i'm looking to play is in the screenshot
FB: fullback support
CB one cover one defend. (put the cover behind the supporting cental mid
DM: def mid/defend
CM: central mid one support one attack
AML AMR one winger support one inside forward attack
FC poacher

remeber you pplaying counter attack so you want driect passing and the pocher need to be fast, and good dribbler, so the direct balll and split them when they push.

dont know much about you players but thats where i would start, and i would float my crosses

thanks alot surprised by how quick the reply was lol. dont mean to be a pain but could you put down the basic stats needed for each role aswell. taht would really help cheers

thanks alot surprised by how quick the reply was lol. dont mean to be a pain but could you put down the basic stats needed for each role aswell. taht would really help cheers
the game highlights them when you choose the role in the tactics screen i think the duties (attack support etc) are pretty ok, though wingers im not sure about. and you want to teak the central mid roles depending on the players you have

4-2-3-1 formation with Aston Villa

Riquelme an Advanced Playmaker or Riquelme a Trequartista and Milner an Advanced Playmaker from the Right Wing?

I apologise if this has already been mentioned but as so many of you have asked about Rooney I thought I'd make a personal reccomendation. I find he isn't as clinical as the other great strikers on the game, so I play him as an inside forward on the left-wing; he doesn't take long to get accomplished there and once he's natural he's unstoppable. I play him off Dzeko for Man Utd and it works brilliantly :-)

dzeko and van persie upfront, what roles should i play them in?

I'm currently playing a 4-3-1-2 formation with 3 central midfielders and 1 man in the hole

Best roles for rooney and dzeko playing together, i got gourcuff as an adv playmaker on AML

Last edited:
dzeko and van persie upfront, what roles should i play them in?

I'm currently playing a 4-3-1-2 formation with 3 central midfielders and 1 man in the hole

I've had a lot of success using RVP as a deep lying forward mate, he has the creativity for it and to be honest he isn't the fastest or strongest for leading the line. Because of this I'd play Dzeko as a complete striker attack, as he is capable of doing that job.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

thanks for doing this tactical discussion, please am using a 4-2-4 formation with AML and AMR so tell me what aer the roles and duties i should put ( the aml and amr are newgens and my attackers are chris wood and daniel villava)

Are the AMR and AML part of the "4" attackers yeah? Like a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers? If so I'd probably use them as wingers, one with support one with attack. Inside forwards work best when they have space to cut into, but with 2 strikers already there inside forwards may run into culdisacks.

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

I'm currently playing with Valencia. David Villa is my current freekick taker, however he rarely, if ever, converts to goals from close range DFKs. Any hints who I might change the role to? David Silva, perhaps? Thank you!

Sometimes I assign no specific taker and wait to see who steps up over say a ten game period and see who does well. In my latest file with Leeds for example I did this, but I was quite fortunate because Verratti took them most often and he is a talented free kick taker. One other thing I have noticed is that a right footer scores more from the right hand side of the pitch and vice versa, but that may just be for me. I'm sorry I couldn't give you a more concrete answer, just my experiences!

What role would get the best out of Palombo?

11angelopalombo.png

Palombo is versatile, many rules suit him. If you need him to be a playmaker, put him DM and set role to deep lying playmker.

Of course he is also a very good, box to box midfielder, anchor man and defensive midfielder in either support or denfencively minded.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

What roles for D. Milito - Drogba ??

Drogba - Target man

Milito - Complete forward.

Currently using Zigic - David Villa - Dzeko in my 4-3-3 formation. Any particular order they should be in? And what roles should I give them? Cheers!

since we are talking about positions and roles i want to ask you how can you make a player play natural in a place that he doesn't play natural at this place at the beginning....... if you know what am talking about about please reply is highly appreciated anyway thank you

retrain, it takes some time depending how adaptable they are, a season +

serious Luis Fabiano problems

Im Manchester United with the usual Rooney, Berbatov, Macheda and Owen. I bought Luis Fabiano for 23million in the hope that he would make an awesome partnership with Wayne Rooney - It has not worked out.

Fabiano has not settled at Manchester with unknown general happiness.

I am sure that if i can get him banging in the goals for United then he can lead me to success.

I am currently playing Ronney as an <Advanced Forward> with Fabiano as a <Poacher> both with <Attack> Duties.

How should I be playing them both?

I have Hamisk in Central Midfield on the left next to Darren Fletcher.

If the Rooney / Fabiano partnership does not work out how should I play Berbatov next to Rooney? As a Deep Lying forward? with support maybe?

Any suggestions really as im pulling my hair out.

Back