I'm using a 4-1-2-2-1 at AS Roma. Having a fantastic season only losing 3 games in 23 games and drawing 2. I rotate my forwards and attacking midfielders so a deep-ish squad is required for the wingers def/att. Also a powerful DMC is a must for the Deep lying playmaker or Anchor man. The forwards I use are either a Deep lying forward, Poacher or an Advanced forward. Passing is kept short and quick with very little time wasting fairly narrow movement and high defensive line. I keep the defense on Zonal marking and the rest man mark.

We're going places!!

I am using a 3-5-2 with wing backs. I think it is the best formation for this year's fm

I need a tactic to succeed at Leeds United could you help me thanks

I am using Arsenal with 4-2-3-1 due to the suitability of the players that i am having.

Sagna-howedes-koscielny-vermaelen(trained)
Arteta - Nainggolan
Ben arfa - Cazorla - Gotze
giroud/podolski

Just finish my 1st season. Won the FA and carling cup. Runners-up at BPL( Man city scored 90+ goals ). Crash out of CL at semi final against chelsea but won against Barca and Real Madrid in earlier round. Will sign lewandowski to be the new main striker and a left back.

Hello bros:))in this version for first time i use original cd key..from 1998 until now always start as a manager of 'Sslazio'..i know in this version i have a difficult way...cause my team havent good players except klose hernanes and marcheti...my i hope i can success..in previous version my base tactic is 4-1-2-1-2...i use defensive midfielder as a anchor man..

BILBAO 4-1-2-2-1

It's a 4-3-3 with defensive midfielder and can be found here (internal page). Not mine though.

I have tried plenty of tactics and this one is by far the best. Defensivly very, very sound and the goals are nice too. It gives you a lot of possession.

I play with Rosenborg and have not lost a game, and only conceded two goals from 17 games. Three draws I think I have, rest are victories. Progressing nicely in the Europa League as well.

Check it out and remember to use the shouts recomended in the tactic.

I'm using JP's simple 4-4-2 in lower leagues, it's seems to be working well at that level!.

plaing FC Vaduz, using 4-1-2-1-2, funny thing is that it is 3rd tactic in 3rd season so far but results are preety good (only with Basel i lost heavly). Another funny fact (and I didn't know about it) is that Vaduz plays in Europa League every year so I can easly compete with european teams :) So far I'm 3rd in Super League (end of september).

Using my version of a grid tactic as unbelievably they still work in FM13 need to sort out width by making them play wider but so far unbeaten with Arsenal in Premier league and Europe

Playing with Wakehurst in NI, as I always like a challenge. My formation is simplistically a 3-4-3, but in reality works differently. Despite always wanting to play possession based, high tempo football, I noticed that this version has gone to lengths to stop the usual and, slightly easy, 4-2-3-1. The actual tactic is something like 1 (libero) - 2 (CDS/LDS) - 2 (WBA/WBA) - 2 (APL/CMD) - 2 (ALP/IF) - 1 (P). These are obviously micro managed too due to the lack of quality players in NI. Instead of playing the usual high line + offside trap I've switched to a high pressing 4 defenders and a libero that sits back significantly. This has stopped the massive amount of balls over the top which I've noticed every team concedes in 13, at least before the patches (I haven't tested if this has changed).

Long story short, its work amazingly well. Tons of cups and league form, which not exceptionally good (e.g. invincibles) is great for keeping clean sheets and when things go well, big scorelines. I suppose its sort of Benitezy in that respect.

If anyone fancies a good lower league tactic just let me know and I'll send you it.

(Also very interesting tactic that Miskell, just read up about it!)

Is anyone playing with 3 at the back and two wing backs ? I have some great success with it but also some terrible performances. Very hit and miss. Anyone have any ideas how to use it more consistantly? I play two CM's, AM, and two ST.

Hi Trowideano. If you fancy it I can elaborate on my tactic above and the players it requires, I may be able to help you create more consistency.

Im using a strange tactic that works wonderfully for my Swansea team. I guided them to 6th on my first season and semi final carling cup. In my second season using the same tactic, i managed to guide my team to semi final Europa Cup , won the Carling Cup and 7th in the league

Last edited:
I've changed my tactics recently and gone for a more possession dominant approach (playing without a striker) so far only won one game but haven't lost so that's a bonus... still tweaking it but seems like conceding too late on after being 1-0 up in most of my matches till about 75th minutes

using my own creations. Home tactic wich I use when I play agains weaker opponents. Away tactics I use in, logically, away matches and difficult home matches.
Working very well. Just beat city 3-1 and chelsea 6-0. I am Arsenal btw. It might get better I think, still working on it. attacking wingbacks which especially Corchia suits well, dribbling and scoring some amazing goals. Ryan Shawcross scores now and then from a corner. did a good job i think.

My Barca custom created tactic :)

2-0 vs Real Madrid (H)
4-2 vs Real Madrid (A)
5-0 vs Rayo (H)
4-1 vs Malaga :D (A)

LOVIN IT

Playing an Ancelotti style 41212 with Liverpool, due to them having an abundance of central midfield potential and, well, absolute piffle out wide. 27 games in the lads are right in the title hunt, despite being largely inexperienced (we have the youngest average squad in the league) and up against teams with far more quality than ourselves, though it has to be said that Man City and Chelsea are having pretty shocking seasons on my game considering the strength of their squads. If anyones interested I'll go into the tactics in more detail it has been giving me more success than I could have hoped for.

How do u get the arrows to tell the player where to go? Can't find it for the life of me. Cheers

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2