What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
This is my Man City team on the free agents database and i fear i have too many quality strikers. so far i have tried to create tactics with 3 strikers but im leaking goals any help needed please!

would like some suggestions please oO)

no ... okay then

Last edited:
This is my Man City team on the free agents database and i fear i have too many quality strikers. so far i have tried to create tactics with 3 strikers but im leaking goals any help needed please!
your team is seriously unbalanced, its not just too many strikers, considering you're not even using advanced winger positions, you have WAY too many winger forwards. you have only one midfield enforcer in your entire squad (palombo, im not quite sold on song). you're getting shredded cos you playing with one central midfield who has no real defensive support, and team with a decent midfield is gonna control that space, cut supply to your forwards and leave you under constant pressure.

out of your 5 strikers, pick 3 you want, sell the other two (for me it'd be villa benzema drogba)
ditch christan rodriguez and sanchez, get another real enforcer

play 2 up front, and play a flat 4 in midfield, or with advanced wingers.

Your squad is not even funny. You have nearly everyone on the team and yet you still leak goals.
Get your assistant to show best 11 in the 4 3 3 formation and 4 4 2 formation , then get your 5 best subs and get back to me I have a few formations I can reccomend.

your team is seriously unbalanced, its not just too many strikers, considering you're not even using advanced winger positions, you have WAY too many winger forwards. you have only one midfield enforcer in your entire squad (palombo, im not quite sold on song). you're getting shredded cos you playing with one central midfield who has no real defensive support, and team with a decent midfield is gonna control that space, cut supply to your forwards and leave you under constant pressure.

out of your 5 strikers, pick 3 you want, sell the other two (for me it'd be villa benzema drogba)
ditch christan rodriguez and sanchez, get another real enforcer

play 2 up front, and play a flat 4 in midfield, or with advanced wingers.

thanks extremely helpful but any tactics you could recommend??

well my most succesful tactic is a rigid flat 4-4-2. with more freedom and roaming. midfield would be one ball winning mid with defend duty, then wingers and advanced playmaker(lampard) on attack. i played a deep lying forward/support complete forward/attack partnership, but you should play complete forward/support (drogba) advanced forward(villa/benzema) if you play with advanced wingers, put the playmake on a support duty. less is more in attack

Team report

Well it is pretty obvious your attacking players are dominating the team and quite evidently little work was put into the defensive side.

Quite evidently your LB which is probablly where you goals are getting leaked needs to be replaced and mabye replacing on of your CB's.
Well as the previous person said , Would keep Benzema,Drogba and Villa

Your attacking midfields are too great in numbers as well get rid of Angel and Cristian R, Roberto Soldado and as previously said a few Cb's

I would invest in A Solid Holding Midfielder, Left Back, Centre Back (sturdy, reliable)

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Well it is pretty obvious your attacking players are dominating the team and quite evidently little work was put into the defensive side.

Quite evidently your LB which is probablly where you goals are getting leaked needs to be replaced and mabye replacing on of your CB's.
Well as the previous person said , Would keep Benzema,Drogba and Villa

Your attacking midfields are too great in numbers as well get rid of Angel and Cristian R, Roberto Soldado and as previously said a few Cb's

I would invest in A Solid Holding Midfielder, Left Back, Centre Back (sturdy, reliable)

Alexis could be added to the remove list.

Thanks JP and Gooner, I tried max's First, but i only was winning games 1-0 and drawn a lot

what tactic should i use for my as roma squad 2009-10 season 10.0.2 patch :)

My New Hull city squad!

GK Piet Velthuizen

DR Paulo Ferreira - DC Kamil Zayatte - DC Mirel Radoi - DL Javier Garrido

MR Geovanni AM RLC - MC Jimmy Bullard - MC Edmílson - MLAndrés D'Alessandro

ST Jozy Altidore - ST Benjani
Matt Duke GK
Boaz Myhill GK
Amr Zaki F C
Emilio Viqueira AM C
Antony Gardener D C
Kevin Kilbane D/M LC
Bernard Mendy AM R
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink ST
Andy Dawson D/WB L
PR Stephen Hunt AM L
PR Craig Fagan AM R, F C
Ibrahima Sonko D C
Manuel Ruz D/WB R
George Boateng DM, M C
Dean Marney M C
Seyi Olofinjana M C
Nick Barmby AM RLC, F C
Kamel Ghilas AM RLC, F C
Péter Halmosi AM L
Daniel Cousin ST
Who should I be playing and in which formation?

Last edited:
Looking for a 442 tactic old school style of play using a strong forward a fast forward or two fast strikers, i normal play as arsenal, palace , leeds , notts or QPR . i seem to be strugling when i get to premiership completely.

Back