What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
i'd play them on automatic, so they attack/support/defend when necessary. i wouldnt this season as youve already bought lots of players. can you post their screenshots?

can you do me a favour and also post your strikers screenshots cos im not too familiar, though as roles they're pretty good, maybe change the poached to advanced forward if hes got decent enough creaitvity, passing and crossing (he'll be able to supply your complete forward with crosses to head in)

Alrighty.

I have 4 Wing/Full backs, I'll show them all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attackers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Alrighty.

I have 4 Wing/Full backs, I'll show them all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attackers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
enrique is good, padalino is decent, the other two arent so good, i'd start tracking replacements(scout diego renan).
forwards:

looking at them id go with deep lying forward/support - poacher combination.
though morimoto could play as complete forward.

Last edited:
Anyone have a great Man Utd tactic? I've tried loads of tactics, no one have really worked out.

This is my setup

2d0cuis.png

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

enrique is good, padalino is decent, the other two arent so good, i'd start tracking replacements(scout diego renan).
forwards:

looking at them id go with deep lying forward/support - poacher combination.
though morimoto could play as complete forward.

Alright, I've played 6 games now and I'm standing on the 8th place. But I'm still conceding to much, what should I do?
Does it have anything to do with my playing style or do my defenders not have a good duty?
As you know I have 2 Full-Backs/Automatic and 2 Central Defenders/Defence.
How do I get my defence to stop conceding so much goals?

And My wingers are absolutely useless! They're not doing anything.
Maloney takes the free kicks and scores them sometimes, but it's the only time a winger does something.

Last edited:
Hello Managers,

I have made a team with Wonderkids and my first season just kicked off.
The problem is I can't get the right fit for my team. I tried a lot of different tactics including J Woody's.

I did quite good against my own team, won 5-0. I arrenged a friendly with chelsea and i keep loosing. The best results was a 2-2.

So I was wondering if any fellow managers could help me.
The Only thing i know which worked well was.
Jovetic AML Inside forward Attack
Bojan: Deep Laying forward Atatck
Also Pato scored 7/7 for me but somehow he can't score at the chelsea game.

This is my team

Gk: Areola, Sergio Asenjo
DL: Mattock, Diego Renan
DR: Davide Santon
DC: Otamendi, Jonny Evans
DC: Sakho
AML: Di Maria, Jovetic
AMR: Alexis Sanchez, Eduardo Salvio
MC: Toni Kroos
MC: Marco Verratti, Pjanic
ST: Bojan, Mario Balotelli
ST: Pato

Thank you In Advance

Last edited:
where are you conceding, is it through the middle, or down the flanks? for example is it through balls beating you, are your men gettting pulled out of postion, or are they getting into crosses into the box and converting them?.

personally i dont like man marking, i use zonal, then i go through and set everyone to tight marking (for the record i play balanced, more freedom, zonal with the tight marking i describe,more roaming)

Is that a response to my question or...?
sorry that was a reply to someone else. you have created an enitrely new team. it is going to take a long time before they gel properly. it doesnt matter what tactic you use, youre going to spend at least the first half of the season, if not more, struggling while the team blends. there isnt really anything you can do to be honest. if anything jpwoodys is a good one to use cos its quite defensively strong

Hi guys , ive started a new team with celtic and just after some tips and advice. The signings i have made are iganacio camacho (dm) , Martin Palermo (st) , Garrido (lb) , Alan Smith (loan mc) , Wade elliott (loan rm). Other than that its the original team , i was thinking of playing a 4-3-3 like this...

-------------------------------------Boruc-------------------------------------

Hinkel----------Caldwell------------McManus---------------Garrido

---------------------------------Camacho------------------------------------

--------------------Alan smith-------Scott brown-----------------------

Maloney----------------------------------------------------------Mcgeady

-------------------------------Palermo----------------------------------------

But we arent scoring enough , so was wondering what tactic would be best for my players and player roles etc ?

cheers

where are you conceding, is it through the middle, or down the flanks? for example is it through balls beating you, are your men gettting pulled out of postion, or are they getting into crosses into the box and converting them?.

personally i dont like man marking, i use zonal, then i go through and set everyone to tight marking (for the record i play balanced, more freedom, zonal with the tight marking i describe,more roaming)

It are indeed through balls that are really beating me, I don't reallly know what to do, but i'll try your Balanced, freedom... etc.

let's see if that'll work.

I'll update later :)

Last edited:
Hi, I am playing with Northampton Town in League 2 and i am currently 9th, i have made quite a few signings but have played a good number of games so feel the players have gelled, i can never get a winning streak going and always lose to poor teams all be it away from home.

i like to play 4 - 4 - 2.

Gk: ikeme (loan - wolves)

rb - gyan (new)
cb - camara (new)
cb - kanyuka
lb - de laet - (loan - man utd)

rm - doran (loan - blackburn)
cm - guttridge/williams (new)
cm - osman
rm - novikovas (loan - hearts)

st - brandy (loan - man utd)
st - akinfenwa/mulligan

i feel my defence and keeper are more than good enough in this league, but maybe there player roles are causing the defensive leaks against weak teams.
some of these players are obviously not well known so i'll give brief description of my key players and areas.

Brandy - my obvious key player, 17 goals in 17 games (1 as sub) lightning quick so i feel my tactic should work around him.?
Akinfenwa - everything you need for a target man, lacks any pace, but strength is 18, heading 15, finishing 15. so i dont know what to do with him.

doran & novikovas - both very fast wingers, novikovas much better crosser and doran a better finisher.

guttridge - the more creative midfilder but likes to get stuck in too.
osman - the dirtier player who breaks up the play but has chipped in with 6 goals this season (a hat-trick against the dons!) i currently play both cm's as box to box midfielder's.

so if anyone could give me their formation, players roles, team tactics etc they would use with this group of players and what they would differ in home and away games i would be thankful,

cheers!

I have one question again mad sheep. What's your starting strategy? I use Control, but I don't know if it's that good.

hi i need a tactic for ac milan i would like a high scoring tactic but a tight defense aswell

my squad GK: dida, abiatti
RB zambrotta, oddo CB nesta, thiago silva, onweyu, kaladze LB pinola, jankulovski
AMR krasic CM Gattuso ambrosini pirlo flamini beckham(loan) AML Ronaldinho
ST Pato dzeko boriello huntelaar

It are indeed through balls that are really beating me, I don't reallly know what to do, but i'll try your Balanced, freedom... etc.

let's see if that'll work.

I'll update later :)
check the pace of your centre backs, some times you might wanna use the drop deeper shout. generally i start with attack but it depends on if the team you are playing against, for example if they are gonna sit back, but are good on the counter, i go control. also any team play 4-1-4-1 flat i play control. never play control against a team thats willing to attack you on a regular basis, the aim of control is to draw defensive teams out by giving them space, if you give an attacking team that space they will dominate the midfield and most likely beat you

are you playing the offside trap? also the next time you get split by a through ball, watch the highlight again, see where your defenders are, in relation to the player getting the ball, and see where you midfield is in relation to the player making the pass. hope that helps

I am playing FC Bayern with 4-2-4 tactics and I would love to play with it. I am 1st in Bundesliga but after winter break I struggle. Just got beated by Chelasea in CL 5-1 agg and doing bad in Bundesliga as I draw a lot. I don't let much goals. Just lost to herta BSC 2-0 and I am kinda lost what to do.

Gomez - Klose (Muller)
Ribery ------------------------------ Robben
Tymoschuk - Schweinsteinger
Badstuber - Demichelis - Van Buyten - Lahm

Can please anyone give me advice how to play my team or what roles I should give to players. Downloaded tactics just don't work and my made stoped working in home and away...

STARTING 11:
GK - Felipe
DL - Clichy
DR - De Laet
DC - Senderos
DC - Vermaelen
ML - Walcott
MR - Van Persie
MC - Ramsey
MC - Fabregas
ST - Aguero
ST - Traore/Neymar (can't decide?)

If you could give me suitable formation, for this Starting 11. It'd be really appreciated! Of course, I have reserves, and subs. So if you want to add/remove defenders etc you can :)

Thanks
- Ryan

STARTING 11:
GK - Felipe
DL - Clichy
DR - De Laet
DC - Senderos
DC - Vermaelen
ML - Walcott
MR - Van Persie
MC - Ramsey
MC - Fabregas
ST - Aguero

If you could give me suitable formation, for this Starting 11. It'd be really appreciated! Of course, I have reserves, and subs. So if you want to add/remove defenders etc you can :)

Thanks
- Ryan
try my tactic mate (works best on a large pitch), its aim is to use intelligent players to exploit movement and space, puling markers our of positions, and creating space from others. there is no set playmaker as the midfield and forwards are all capable of creating chances, and the forwards swap with each other

play aguero as the attacking forward, traore as the supporting. walcott down the right, persie on the left (the left mid is an intelligent winger, the right mid can be a pace merchant). personally i wouldnt play ramsey and fab, id have another more defensive mid there, but if you're going to play thouse two, put fab as the deep lying playmaker, and ramsey as the advanced playmaker

STARTING 11:
GK - Felipe
DL - Clichy
DR - De Laet
DC - Senderos
DC - Vermaelen
ML - Walcott
MR - Van Persie
MC - Ramsey
MC - Fabregas
ST - Aguero

Thanks
- Ryan

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/complete-dominance-t26042.html

Try that one , Keep your defence the way it is , and move Van Persie up front with one of you strikers , then play Aguero as a AMC.

Back