What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
Hi im managing manchester city and need help on a tactic and player roles my current formation is
GK - Given
DR- Richards
DL - Bridge/Lescott not sure which is best
DC - Gallas/Theigo Silva not sure which is best
DC - Toure
MC - Barry
MC - Ireland
AMR - Arshavin
AML - Robinho
ST - Torres
ST - Adebayor

some other players that may get in team is,
Wilshire
Rodwel
De Jong
Kompany
Tevez
Van Der Vaart

Also not sure what player roles to use particuly for torres and adebayor as need to get the best out of them

if anyone got any good ideas that would be great thanks

im using 4-1-2-1-2.good for weak teams when playing away but this tactic sucks when playing home.

Anyone can help what formation to use with Real Madrid...?
Should i use 4-2-4 or 4-2-3-1 ?

I'm playing Sporting CP, and i reached a crossroad, and i cant decide whats the best tactic for me. ill link a pic of my squad, feel free to provide advice :D

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8825/squadz.jpg

playing the second season, my next match is VS inter , 2nd leg of the quarter finals of champion's league. managed a 0-0 draw at home.

i normally use 4-4-2 diamond , but i feel it wont help againt inter.
And if you could tell me the roles for the players, that would be cool too :D

Anyone can help what formation to use with Real Madrid...?
Should i use 4-2-4 or 4-2-3-1 ?

I would probably go for a deep 4231, using a advanced ( !!) playmaker in one of the DMC spots.

i am about to start a new game with liverpool but dont no wat tactics and formation to use to get the best out of my players

I would also like some suggestions on who to buy and sell

Well, I would probably go for a deep 4231, just like suggested above. If you would like to use a set of tactics, then have a look in my thread ( http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/the-better-half-s-tactical-sets-no-wizard-t21680.html ) and play around with the latest that can be found in my last post.

As for players, I think you need to get your hands on a almost complete FC as a backup for Torres and preferably one that does not have a weak foot

Last edited:
Just started a game with Preston and am struggling to find a tactic, would be greatful if someone can give me some team instructions and player roles.

I'm playing Murcia, and here are my players:
Goalkeepers : Alberto Cifuentes, Juan Elia (Trn), Matteo Bacciosi, Erwin Zelazny (team Murcia Imperial)
Defenders : Alvaro Mejia, Sergio Fernandez, Javier Velayos, Jean-Alain Fanchone, Xisco Campos, Luca Caldirola, Juan Cruz Ochoa, de Coz, Poli, Jeremy Helan, Felix Quintana (Yth), Borja Martinez(Yth)
Midfielders : Guillermo Pereyra, Segundo Castillo, Mark van den Boogaart, Rodney Strasser, Alessandro de Vitis, Isaac, Jose Juan Luque, Ariel Zarate, Miguel Albiol, Capdevila, Adel Taarabt, Edgar Matamala(Yth), Oscar Diaz Sanchez (Yth)
Attackers : Daniel Aquino, Kike, Pedro Jose Barrancos, Ranko Despotovic, Marcello Trotta, Jose Borrego(Yth), Pico (team Murcia Imperial)
[I add the best youngsters inside the list]
I prefer using 4 defenders and 2 forwards.
What tactic and lineup should I use?

Last edited:
I need a tactic for my new barca team. currently in pre season (my 1st season)

im trying to play 4-3-3

my back 4 is pretty much settled..with abidal-pique-puyol- d.alves

my DM is Yaya Toure.

my central mids are Keita and Xavi, what roles should i give them?
and how much creativ fdm etc?
and should i put their Long Shots to Often or Sometimes?

how do i get the best of messi? he seem to be only scoring about 1 in every 3...
which is not really the best he can do rite.

i play Ibra as an Advanced Forward... hes been a beast so far.

how about my left wing?
should i play henry to cut in?
or play Angel di Maria for more crosses.
wad roles do i give them?

thanks for the help.

also should i be playing Very Fluid? or Fluid? or wad else

I need a tactic for my new barca team. currently in pre season (my 1st season)

im trying to play 4-3-3

my back 4 is pretty much settled..with abidal-pique-puyol- d.alves

my DM is Yaya Toure.

my central mids are Keita and Xavi, what roles should i give them?
and how much creativ fdm etc?
and should i put their Long Shots to Often or Sometimes?

how do i get the best of messi? he seem to be only scoring about 1 in every 3...
which is not really the best he can do rite.

i play Ibra as an Advanced Forward... hes been a beast so far.

how about my left wing?
should i play henry to cut in?
or play Angel di Maria for more crosses.
wad roles do i give them?

thanks for the help.

also should i be playing Very Fluid? or Fluid? or wad else
hey mate,some tips for you:

1) barca play balanced, with more roaming, more freedom, shorter passing. set them to zonal marking, but them manually set every outfield player to tight marking. leave everything else default

2) you midfield should iniesta MCL avd playmaker/attack, and xavi MCR deep lying PM/ support.

3) henry is et to inside forward, messi set to adv PM/attack

if Ibra is getting too isolated, set to complete forward/support, them make him targetman supply to feet

make sure you set the playmaker box to none

Hy!
I need a tactic for my team. I manage te sporting Lisboa.
My team:
GK: Rui Patricio, Stojkovic
DF: Abel, Tonel, Polga, Otamendi, Caneira, Grimmi
DMF: Veloso, Annan
MF: Moutinho, Angulo, M. Fernandez, Vukceciv, Adrien, Izmailov
ST: Lieson, Postiga, Djalo, Caicedo

Can somebody tell me a good tactic for this team?

Hy!
I need a tactic for my team. I manage te sporting Lisboa.
My team:
GK: Rui Patricio, Stojkovic
DF: Abel, Tonel, Polga, Otamendi, Caneira, Grimmi
DMF: Veloso, Annan
MF: Moutinho, Angulo, M. Fernandez, Vukceciv, Adrien, Izmailov
ST: Lieson, Postiga, Djalo, Caicedo

Can somebody tell me a good tactic for this team?

442 diamond works well

Caicedo and Liedson as strikers, Liedson as Poacher and Caicedo as Target Man.
Matias as AMC, vukcevic as ML, Moutinho as MR, veloso as DMC.

need a tactic

Please help ,its my 2nd sason with barca, i used the sidewinder at the first but its not working now, my players r :
St villa , ibra
Sm messi Henry jovetic ribery
Cm xavi iniesta fabregas hamsik
Dm veloso toure lee cartermole
Wb srna alves abidal Maxwell
Cd puyol pique chiellini
Go valdes fiorilio
Back up players bojan diogo
PLEASE HELP

Last edited:
Could any one help me I'm playing Hannover in 2011 and dont what would suit them and the german firrst division best. My players are:
Enke/ fromlowitez/ vinicius /eggiman /schulz /boateng /slory /rosenthal /hanke /schaudroff/ forcell/ cherundolo boussofa /bojinov/ cigarini /vukacevic/ hazard /ayew /leonardo /fenin

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

i mean a tactic of course

I always find if your tactic has let you down use standard 442 for a couple of games set to attacking and use your shouts in gameplay. When your team starts to win games again, change your strikers amc postitions first for a game or 2, then change your defence formation/tactic. I find this way instead of changin everything you can always count on an area of your team for ex. When you change your strkiers/attackers you know your def are standard and solid. When you change your def you know that your att play gets you goals.

i seem to be proper losing with Arsenal :(

Almunia
Sagna/Srna-----Gallas------Senderos-----Clichy
either Veloso (anchorman) or
Pepe/Walcott-----Fabregas-----Vargas/Vela
Arshavin/Nasri/Rosicky
Eduardo/Bendtner-----Van Persie/Walcott

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

any help would be appreciated...Van Persie seems to spend his life injured too! he out for 2 months with torn ham string!

i seem to be proper losing with Arsenal :(

Almunia
Sagna/Srna-----Gallas------Senderos-----Clichy
either Veloso (anchorman) or
Pepe/Walcott-----Fabregas-----Vargas/Vela
Arshavin/Nasri/Rosicky
Eduardo/Bendtner-----Van Persie/Walcott

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

any help would be appreciated...Van Persie seems to spend his life injured too! he out for 2 months with torn ham string!

I recommend using this tactic --> http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1534

And have a look at this as well --> http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/mr-t-aka-mr-tacticians-tactics-thread-t30654.html

Back