What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
I am in big trouble now...

Im trying new tactics to new season and I keep losing for some reason.

catlticomadridsad.png

Could someone tell me what Im doing wrong here?

Hamsik play normally as playmaker but he is injured so veloso is replacing him.

Hi guys! Sorry fo my bad english.

I`m playing with PSG now and i want to use 4-4-2.Could you help me with player`s roles?
Thanks/

hey guys..playing as Everton 1st season...just bought in Gignac and Gago ( Loan )...what tactic should i use....

im playing currently as watford. using a 4-3-1-2 . is it better to play full backs on automatic or attack in this formation.

Follow my watford story here
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/watford-the-yellow-army-marching-forward-t42953.html

You can attack with both provided you have an anchor in the midfield who can essentially act as a third centre back when the fullbacks have gone forward. Also, you can emulate the Barcelona model and have them compliment each other (one attacks- Alves, one stays back- Abidal). It also helps to have CBs who are comfortable pushing up.

Of course, when up against a 4-2-3-1 you'll need to use a bit of discretion with the fullbacks so they are not exposing you.. I set to support in that instance so they will mind their moves and pay attention to their mark.

Lastly, I always be sure and have fullbacks who are at least competent as wingbacks. I keep the option to play more advanced against standard wingers, or no wingers at all, and not leave so much space for the opposition to run at me from deeper positions.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

hey guys..playing as Everton 1st season...just bought in Gignac and Gago ( Loan )...what tactic should i use....

Everton is perfectly suited for a balanced 4-4-2, but it is important to set complimentary roles for the midfield so you avoid playing in flat lines through the middle.

Last edited:
playing a 4-1-3-2, it was the one line-up recommended most by my staff

GK:Vilar
LB:Dodo/Wing back (attack)
CB: Sahko
CB: Thiago Silva
RB: Isla and Opare/FB (support)
DM: Gattuso/Anchor Man (Defend)
CM: Tinga-Box-to-Box (support)
CM: Pirlo/Advanced Play-maker (Attack)
CM: Flamini/Box-to-Box (support)
ST: Pato????
ST: Huntelaar?????

Notable players on Bench

Marko Marin, Verratti, Kadlec, Yago, Paloschi....very keen on bringing in Ozil @ the winter transfer in a exchange for Isla since Werder Bremen have showed strong interest in him

any thoughts should i just stick with the current or should i change it up

hi dunno what tactic to use i seem to be conceding all the time and some games just cant put the ball in the net thanks!

2j3jwc3.png

I started with AS Roma. No transfer made and i was thinking 4-3-1-2 but any suggestions?

I would suggest using wide attacking players and one central striker. Open up the pitch. Judging by the mentalities of your fullbacks (defend) and no attacking wingers, you are giving your opponents free reign on your flanks. There is a lot of green grass there and that will be exploited in an English league.

Also try setting one, or both, of your full backs to support so you can get additional wide support when needed while also maintaining defensive positioning. With an anchor man and two CBs, you can afford to give your fullbacks some freedom.

hi dunno what tactic to use i seem to be conceding all the time and some games just cant put the ball in the net thanks!

2j3jwc3.png

Last edited:
hi there not sure what tactic to use as i dont concede that much but then dont score that much but i have 3 attacking mids and a striker so i thought it would be that i always concede but always score.. please help this is my team View attachment 92049

Hi, im looking for a 4-4-2 to Manchester United, i have not bought any players.

Using your v1.1 what tweaks would u suggest to provide more striker support and balance in midfield such as changing mc roles?

My squad
GK:Curci (Fabianski)
DR: Sagna ( A.V.Borre)
DL: Clichy (Jerome Boateng)
DC: J.Kjaer N.Subotic (Sinval, Senderos)
DMC: A.Song (A.Poli)
MC: Cesc (Ramsey)
AML: Robinho (S.Narsi)
AMR: C.Ronaldo (Danny)
ST: Kun (Neymar)
ST: Dzeko (Van Persie)

What is the best tactic for my team?
:-??
I like attack overload but...more surely in deffend

Hi, my squad :
gk - ochoa ( reina )
dr - m. richards
dc - gamberini, sakho ( kompany, onuoha )
dl - g. bale ( w. bridge )
dmc - veloso ( kompany )
aml - di maria
amc - gourcuff
amr - messi
st - dzeko ( tevez, bellamy )
st - robinho ( tevez, bellamy )

what tactic should i use and what roles and duty's best suit my players? thanks

sorry, for my bad english , im lithuanian.

Last edited:
Internazionale

I've been struggling to find a tactic that would be good for my inter team. 4-5-1 worked out well in the beginning with van der vaart as AM, but mid season i started losing a lot of games and i've changed to 4-2-2-2 and it's working better, but still not good enough as i seem to be drawing games i should be able to win, any suggestion?

Screenshot2010-07-29at83631PM.png

GK-Cesar
DL-Mattock
DR-Maicon
DC-Lucio
DC-Walter Samuel
CM-Sneijder
CM-Stankovic
AML-Nani
AMR-Quaresma
ST-D.Militio
ST-Eto

S1-Toldo
S2-Coentrao
S3-Santon
S4-Muntari
S5-Balotelli
S6-Van Der Vaart
S7-Cordoba

-Materazzi
-Mancini
-Zanetti
-Chivu
-T.Motta

"I've been struggling to find a tactic that would be good for my inter team. 4-5-1 worked out well in the beginning with van der vaart as AM, but mid season i started losing a lot of games and i've changed to 4-2-2-2 and it's working better, but still not good enough as i seem to be drawing games i should be able to win, any suggestion?"

I have the same problem, can't cope with the pression of managin Inter =P

Hi, my squad :
gk - ochoa ( reina )
dr - m. richards
dc - gamberini, sakho ( kompany, onuoha )
dl - g. bale ( w. bridge )
dmc - veloso ( kompany )
aml - di maria
amc - gourcuff
amr - messi
st - dzeko ( tevez, bellamy )
st - robinho ( tevez, bellamy )

what tactic should i use and what roles and duty's best suit my players? thanks

sorry, for my bad english , im lithuanian.

For your attack:

Veloso- deep lying playmaker
Di Maria- winger, support
Gourcuff- advanced playmaker, attack
Messi- inside forward, attack
Dzeko- target man, support
Robinho- poacher

If you still have money to spend, I would sign an attacking RB and a defensive LB. I would recommend an attacking RB on the right with Messi tucking inisde on runs into the box. Messi creates a natural overlap lane with his movement. Di Maria will cut inside from the left also, but he is a more natural winger so it is not as important to have an attacking FB like Bale on that side. Set Bale to support. Richards is primarily defensive so you will be leaving a big gap on that side by playing him with Messi.

If you want to get creative, have Messi switch positions with your AMC if you have a Trequartista to use besides Gourcuff.

Last edited:
Defenders
Chris Smalling
Matthew Briggs
Reece Brown
James Tomkins
Michael Mancienne
Ryan Bertrand
Andre Wisdom
Jordan Spence

Jacob Mellis
Henri Lansbury
John Bostock
Tom Cleverley
Victor Moses
Fabian Delph
Jordan Henderson
Ben Greenhalgh
Jack Rodwell

Nathan Delfounso
Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni
Nile Ranger
Ryan Noble
Charlie Austin

need a good tactic
eds-99 st George fc team if anyone is interested

Hi, I'm looking for a good Man City tactic, here's my squad:

GK- Given (Hart)
DR- Richards (Zabaleta)
DL- Bridge (Angel)
DC- Mexes
DC- Toure
MC- Barry (De Jong)
MC- Ireland (De Jong)
AML- Jovetic
AMR- M Rodriguez (Wright-Phillips)
FC- Robinho (Tevez)
FC- Adebayor (Bellamy)

I've used Max's guide as well as I can, but am seeking further assistance :)

Thnaks in advance!

I've been struggling to find a tactic that would be good for my inter team. 4-5-1 worked out well in the beginning with van der vaart as AM, but mid season i started losing a lot of games and i've changed to 4-2-2-2 and it's working better, but still not good enough as i seem to be drawing games i should be able to win, any suggestion?

Looking at it there mate, you have two attacking wingers who leave gaps in behind, this is okay if you have two defensively minded centre mids e.g. Cambiasso and Thiago Motta. However, Stankovic and Sneijder obviously like to attack. Essentially you need a balance in the side, i play 4-4-2, but one centre mid is defensive and the other is attacking. It avoids having flat lines across the midfield. If you break up the lines you get wonderful triangles, brilliant for short passing and possession football.

Back