What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
im struggling a bit atm with my shakhtar game here is my squad any help with tactics or players much obliged any info you need from me about roles,duties and TI's please just ask

Last edited:
Hi Guys, first post and having a bit of trouble, i'm Playing as Barnsley in my second Season as manager, last season I didn't do too badly think about 15th in the league, could have been better. I've currently played 9 Games 1-4-4 in total lying 19th in the league..joy.

I've attached pics of my Squad and tactics

Currently using Togs Training schedule, on light because I've been having games one after another without any breaks, Using 442 formation, I've done well with 442 before.

I think that's all, if you need anymore information please ask and I shall give

hi guys,

I play with man city my second season and I didnt figure out how to win the premier league :(

I achieved the fourth place in my first season and won the euro league, but I cant win against the stronger opponents like liverpool, chelsea etc., If I win then with a huge portion of luck...

And away against weaker teams I have also some trouble.

I play a 4-5-1 - but in a shape of 4-3-3 like barcelona.

Gk, 2 CB, 2 FB, DM, 2 MCS, 2 Wingers and FC.
Players are: given, bridge, bruno alves, gamberini, boateng, dmc is yaya toure, 2 mcs barry and schneijder, wingers are silva and balotelli and tevez as lone striker

The wingers plays as inside forward and attack, tevez as complete forward attack and schneijder as advanced playmaker attack, barry as central mid. support, toure as dmc defend.

Team Instructions:
Philosophy: Fluid
Strategy: Attacking
Short Passing
Zonal Marking
All the other playing styles are default

Defensive Line: Normal (in the middle)
Wide Width
Qucik tempo
Rarely time wasting
focus passing: mixed

after 6 games I am at position 9 and I dont know what to do the perform better with city

thx for help

hi guys,

I play with man city my second season and I didnt figure out how to win the premier league :(

I achieved the fourth place in my first season and won the euro league, but I cant win against the stronger opponents like liverpool, chelsea etc., If I win then with a huge portion of luck...

And away against weaker teams I have also some trouble.

I play a 4-5-1 - but in a shape of 4-3-3 like barcelona.

Gk, 2 CB, 2 FB, DM, 2 MCS, 2 Wingers and FC.
Players are: given, bridge, bruno alves, gamberini, boateng, dmc is yaya toure, 2 mcs barry and schneijder, wingers are silva and balotelli and tevez as lone striker

The wingers plays as inside forward and attack, tevez as complete forward attack and schneijder as advanced playmaker attack, barry as central mid. support, toure as dmc defend.

Team Instructions:
Philosophy: Fluid
Strategy: Attacking
Short Passing
Zonal Marking
All the other playing styles are default

Defensive Line: Normal (in the middle)
Wide Width
Qucik tempo
Rarely time wasting
focus passing: mixed

after 6 games I am at position 9 and I dont know what to do the perform better with city

thx for help

The major flaw here that the high tempo, low time wasting and attacking ness( attack and on the counter) together with alot of t-balls makes the 3 attacking players too isolated and they will go for goal instantly without any support from midfield as they simply are not able to get there in time.

My first tip would be to reduce the tempo slightly and perhaps use the Control strategy instead. If doing so and the time wasting isn't not tweaked, this slider will be perfect by default.

I would also recommend removing some of the t-balls, perhaps setting both mcs to mixed

Of course, you could also use one of the uploaded tactics. The MR H found in the provided link will most certainly let you win the prem

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/mr-houghs-4-1-2-3-final-unbeaten-t37042.html

Last edited:
First of all thanks for the quick answer!

Is your recommendations to reduce the tempo and time wasting and to play a control strategy because of the formation that I play?

I read that through balls are very important to get clear chances. but with one striker t-balls arent a good idea? arent they?

when should I use qucik tempo and a rarely time wasting, with stronger teams?

first of all thanks for the quick answer!

Is your recommendations to reduce the tempo and time wasting and to play a control strategy because of the formation that i play?

yes although the tempo and time wasting will be reduced by default when using control

i read that through balls are very important to get clear chances. But with one striker t-balls arent a good idea? Arent they?

thrue, but there can be too many

when should i use qucik tempo and a rarely time wasting, with stronger teams?

if it has worked for you so far against inferior teams, the continue but against those teams you are struggling against, then use the tips i gave you

for leeds in the prem i use 4-2-3-1 deep
----------------------raynaud------------------
djurovic------------sobis----------------adu
----------------------------------------------------
----------------uycal----muamba--------------
withington-----cuellar--kadar-------aurier
-----------------------black----------------------

im now in the prem challenging for a european spot with this tactic
scoring plenty and conceding very little

Playing FM2010 with Liverpool, formation 4-4-2

Reina

G.Johnson Skrtel Agger W.Bouma

J.Mascherano

D.Kuyt Gerrard J.Cole

A.Mutu F.Torres

whats the best tactics to use please?

Playing FM2010 original database with lower league's Super bladesman patch
Gateshead in BSP, doing pretty well as the media prediction was second bottom and i'm 7th.
Have a fantastic defensive CM who plays behind two CM's, two attacking wingers and a lone front man atm (4-5-1) Problem is frontman doesn't score enough goals

Hi, I want to play a 4-2-3-1 with my team. I don't have a good DM, but I have two excellent AMCs.. with Riquelme being the starter.

I'd like to play with Wingbacks, atleast on the left, and Inside Forward but I can't get the right mix currently my team is Udinese heres my team.

GK: Handanovic / Areola
DR: Cuadrad/Isla/Motta
DL: /Motta/Dodo/Jankulovski
DC: Felipe/Muniesa
DC: Zapata/Chara
MC: Gokhan Inler/ Kwadwo Asamoah
MC: Andreas Landgren/Albin Edkal/Thomas Horava
AML: Antonio Di Natali/ Alexis Sanchez (I've retrained him here) Jaime (Left footed, also plays AMR)
AMC: Riquelme, Diego Buananotte, Wendel, Edgar Ivan Pacheco
AMR: Simone Pepe/Alexis Sanchez/Jaime (Left footed)
ST: Levan Mchedlidze/Antonio Floro Flores/Odion Ighalo.. /Di Natale/Sanchez

I want to start Sanchez most importantly. Inler/Asamoah are great at BTB and I might bring in Fellaini, should I line up with two box to box? The other Mcs, Landgren group all play Deep Lying Playmaker well I might stick with that.

We play Fluid/Control/Short passing/More Expressive/Zonal Marking with a High Pushed up Defensive Line a Normal Width and a slow tempo with rarely time wasting.

How should I put player roles? I was using deep lying forward for my ST and Levan got a match rating of less than 6 twice. I think I will use AML Attack.. or would support be better? Then AMR will be a winger.. with the DR being Full Back Auto, and DL being Wing Back attack.

How should I set up the defenders.. currently ball playing/limited. What striker should I use/role?

Thanks for all the help. I've been struggling to score goals so far.

Hi, I am using 4-1-2-1-2 with my team Arsenal, it seems that i cant score well

GK: Adler / Fabianski
DR: Sagna / Eboue / Mario
DL: Clichy / Gibbs
DC: Thomas Vermaelen / Zapata
DC: Otamendi / Nordveit / Gallas
DM: Alex Song / Miguel Veloso
MC1: Denilson / Muntari
MC2: Fabregas / Ramsey
AMC: Ozil / Arshavin
ST: Van Persie / Aguero / Milevsky / Bendter / Vela

I am playing rigid/ short passing/ man marking/ normal width/ normal tempo and attacking through the middle.
usually use retain position and play narrower shoutout against stronger teams

AMC = Advanced Playmaker
MC1 = Ball winning Midfield
MC2 = Advanced Playmaker
DM = Deep Lying Playmaker

2 ST, one as Support Target Man, another as a poacher

I want to make aguero a goal scoring machine, but it seems that my AMC score the most.
my AMC also keep stealing the show as my fabregas doesn't seem to do much on the field other than passing the ball and keeping the possession

Muntari as a ball winning midfield.
At the first half of the season, he did well for me tackling at an average of 8 times/game without fouling more than twice, but now it seems that he can get around 5 fouls and a booking for tackling 8 times. He's been getting few suspension and red cards during important matches.

which roles am i putting wrong?

Last edited:
Cech
Ivanovic Terry Bruma Cole
Essien Lampard
Gourcuff
Drogba Agbonlahor Muller

im winning but unconvincing 1-0's. can anyone help?

Cech
Ivanovic Terry Bruma Cole
Essien Lampard
Gourcuff
Drogba Agbonlahor Muller

im winning but unconvincing 1-0's. can anyone help?

If you are indeed winning, the bets way to improve you results by tactical changes would probably by tweaking your current setup rather than implementing a brand new one. If you post your tactic setting, I am sure you will get some good ideas. Also remember that the more information you provide about it, the more in-depth the suggestions might be

I followed your recommendations with the control strategy, but I lost again the stronger rivals like chelsea, everton, arsenal. I cant win against them, no matter what I do???

what should I do, my biggest desire is the win the premier league with man city, but It wont happened :(

I am currently managing Liverpool and I am fairly new to this game, I understand the basic concepts and have got a tactic currently in use. I seem to struggle to score goals, winning only 1-0 etc and often fail to beat the big sides Home and Away, I keep clean sheets against weaker opposition often. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any tweaks and improvements I could make overall. Below is my tactic:

liverpool1.jpg

liverpool1-1.jpg

Reina - Goalkeeper/Defend
Kolarov - Full Back/Automatic
Mexes - Central Defender/Defend
Carragher - Limited Defender/Defend
Johnson - Wing Back/Automatic
Miguel Veloso - Deep Lying Playmaker/Support
Mascherano - Anchor Man/Defend
Antonio Di Natale - Inside Forward/Support
Gerrard - Attacking Midfielder/Attack
Yossi Benayoun - Advanced Playmaker/Support
Torres - Advanced Forward/Attack

Also, Torres never seems to score 1 on 1 and there is no preferred move for him to go around the keeper.

HI, playing as Ipswich, have taken over in the second year. Pretty much their current squad but have brought in Gio dos Santos, Danny Welbeck, Slobadon Rajikovic and Fülop on loans and transfers. Struggle to get wins but have lots of wingers I want to utilise. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Don't worry, have adapted Mr Hough's with outside strikers on the wing :)

I am currently managing Liverpool and I am fairly new to this game, I understand the basic concepts and have got a tactic currently in use. I seem to struggle to score goals, winning only 1-0 etc and often fail to beat the big sides Home and Away, I keep clean sheets against weaker opposition often. I was wondering if anyone could suggest any tweaks and improvements I could make overall. Below is my tactic:

liverpool1.jpg

liverpool1-1.jpg

Reina - Goalkeeper/Defend
Kolarov - Full Back/Automatic
Mexes - Central Defender/Defend
Carragher - Limited Defender/Defend
Johnson - Wing Back/Automatic
Miguel Veloso - Deep Lying Playmaker/Support
Mascherano - Anchor Man/Defend
Antonio Di Natale - Inside Forward/Support
Gerrard - Attacking Midfielder/Attack
Yossi Benayoun - Advanced Playmaker/Support
Torres - Advanced Forward/Attack

Also, Torres never seems to score 1 on 1 and there is no preferred move for him to go around the keeper.

At a first glance, you seems to be playing far to defensive with your Liverpool side/top team. You are playing slow, narrow and with a rather high amount of time wasting. Whilst this approach might get you scrap wins, 1-0 etc against lesser teams, its hardly the approach to use to score goals. Try using a more attacking strategy against weaker teams and perhaps a more controlling against equal oppositions( i.e control)

As for Torres not scoring when one-on-one, this could be down to many reasons. He could be in a bad angle every time or simple have poor confidence. It could be that the high time wasting( the urgency to make a decision) hinder him from slotting the ball away when the opening is there). To really know this, we would have to actually look at some pkms where he misses these chances.

Back