What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
Can anyone please point me to some tactics for weaker teams? And by weaker I don't mean teams like Wigan, Sunderland etc, I mean really weak, I am currently managing Petrzalka in Slovak First Division... Because it seems, that all the tactics are made for Barcelona, Man United or Chelsea and I can't use them...

Can anyone please point me to some tactics for weaker teams? And by weaker I don't mean teams like Wigan, Sunderland etc, I mean really weak, I am currently managing Petrzalka in Slovak First Division... Because it seems, that all the tactics are made for Barcelona, Man United or Chelsea and I can't use them...

When playing with much lesser teams, you simply have to build the tactic around the players at hand. That is the main reason why there is very few uploaded tactics for "****" teams. A tactic that works for Leyton Orient or Brentford might not work for your team since the weakness and strength of the teams are different. It would be almost impossible for us to point you out a tactic unless we have actually played with the team.

If you post some info about your team in my "request a tactic" thread, i might be able to help out if the team is more or less the same as in the 10.3 db.

Southampton Tactic

Hello- does anyone have a good tactic to use for Southampton? I am thinking particularly with regard to trying to get the best out of Adam Lallana, who isn't really doing it for me at present.

Doing ok at present- had a brilliant start but have become a little inconsistent of late. I would be joint top but for the 10 point penalty but I'm 9th. I have signed Emmanuel-Thomas (Arsenal) and Ayala (Liverpool) as well as Marlon Harewood, so I sort of feel that with the players I have, we should be winning almost every game. I'm currently playing with a system not dissimilar to the one Saints use in real life with Lallana- a right footed player- on the left and the left-footed Jason Puncheon on the right, but Lallana's performances aren't really commensurate with his level of ability.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be really grateful.

Thanks.

RIP Markus Liebherr.

Hello- does anyone have a good tactic to use for Southampton? I am thinking particularly with regard to trying to get the best out of Adam Lallana, who isn't really doing it for me at present.

Doing ok at present- had a brilliant start but have become a little inconsistent of late. I would be joint top but for the 10 point penalty but I'm 9th. I have signed Emmanuel-Thomas (Arsenal) and Ayala (Liverpool) as well as Marlon Harewood, so I sort of feel that with the players I have, we should be winning almost every game. I'm currently playing with a system not dissimilar to the one Saints use in real life with Lallana- a right footed player- on the left and the left-footed Jason Puncheon on the right, but Lallana's performances aren't really commensurate with his level of ability.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be really grateful.

Thanks.

RIP Markus Liebherr.

Could you post a screenie of his settings ?

Last edited:
In a word, no! I'm a bit of a technophobe so I have no idea how to do that I'm afraid.

I used to play him as an orthodox wide midfielder on the right but now I tend to deploy him on the left in an advanced playmaker role and have him cutting inside but with his "cross from" setting as mixed, as I don't want him trying to get to the byline every time only to have to cross with his weaker foot.

I duno, maybe I should just accept that he's not as good on this version of the game as he is in the flesh. That's the problem with playing as "my" team I suppose- I have an emotional attachment to the players.

In a word, no! I'm a bit of a technophobe so I have no idea how to do that I'm afraid.

I used to play him as an orthodox wide midfielder on the right but now I tend to deploy him on the left in an advanced playmaker role and have him cutting inside but with his "cross from" setting as mixed, as I don't want him trying to get to the byline every time only to have to cross with his weaker foot.

I duno, maybe I should just accept that he's not as good on this version of the game as he is in the flesh. That's the problem with playing as "my" team I suppose- I have an emotional attachment to the players.

If you are using him as a ML, then try provid him with the following setup that i use in this role

Winger support
Creative freedom: last notch of normal
Passsing. very short
run from deep: Mixed
run with ball: often
long shots: rarely
t-balls;: often
crosses: mixed

Huge touchline
free role YEs

Role: Roaming Wide Winger (RWW)

Mission: Setup goals and create space out wide

Position: MR, ML

Often seen: Running up and down the flank, staying wide when in possession. Crossing at far post. Seeking free space at the near post. Arriving late in the area. Making overlaps with the Attacking Fullback

Footednessss: no matter

PPMs Runs down “correct” flank, Moves into channels, Gets inside the area

Thanks alot TheBetterHalf, wasn't expecting such an in depth relpy, if any reply at all, I'll try this one out and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

help with man u first season please! I havnt offloaded anyone but have signed kroos, marchisio and hulk. Im really struggling to find a good 4-2-4 that works with my team. Could somebody plese post a good tactic for them in which they have had experence with and that would actually suit my players! please!

help with man u first season please! I havnt offloaded anyone but have signed kroos, marchisio and hulk. Im really struggling to find a good 4-2-4 that works with my team. Could somebody plese post a good tactic for them in which they have had experence with and that would actually suit my players! please!

Have a look at my most recent post in my request thread. Its not a 424 but rather a "433" but its made purely for united

If you are using him as a ML, then try provid him with the following setup that i use in this role

Winger support
Creative freedom: last notch of normal
Passsing. very short
run from deep: Mixed
run with ball: often
long shots: rarely
t-balls;: often
crosses: mixed

Huge touchline
free role YEs

Role: Roaming Wide Winger (RWW)

Mission: Setup goals and create space out wide

Position: MR, ML

Often seen: Running up and down the flank, staying wide when in possession. Crossing at far post. Seeking free space at the near post. Arriving late in the area. Making overlaps with the Attacking Fullback

Footednessss: no matter

PPMs Runs down “correct” flank, Moves into channels, Gets inside the area
Many thanks for your time sir, very much obliged.

would someone tell me how to play with this team and formation please
basically want tactics, e'g fluid. control etc... thanks very much

here is my team and formation

Is there any way I can overcome the tendency of my team to hit the woodwork? It's one of the most frustrating and unrealistic aspects of the game in my opinion.

Hi im playing as Getafe i i would like to play a kind of 4-3-3 I want to controll the game with possesion at least 60% against the Mid-table teams.

---------------------------------Ostari(GK)

David Cortes ------ Cata Diaz-- Mario Miguel-------------- Torres

-------Derek boateng-- javier casquero/fabio celestini --Daniel Parejo--- --------------------Three central if you cant see :/

Pedro leon-- -------------------------------------------------------------- Juan angel albin ------------- Wingers/Inside forwards

--------------------------------Roberto Soldado------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Sorry thebetterhalf but your tactics just didnt work with my man u team but im guessing thats because i have probably signed different players than you would have, i went on genie scout and that said i would be best playing 4-4-2 and tbh i would prefer to be playing that as i have bought players based on that formation, could somebody please post me a successful 4-4-2 they have used whilst man u?!?! please im so stuck my form is awful with them atm..

Hi, I'm playing as man utd. i play a 4-2-3-1. so it goes like..

----------------------Foster(Kuzkahk)---------------------
Oshea(Rafael)--Vidic----Ferdinand(Evans)--------Evra(fabio)
----------------------------------------------------------------- No DM
---------------Fletcher(Hargreaves)--Hamsik(Carrick)---------------------
Valencia------------------Kroos---------------Nani(Obertan)
----------------------------Rooney(Some argentinean guy, Berbatov)--------------------

My formation doesnt work against big teams like chelsea, etc.
2010/11 season. I've bought neymar and jack rodwell, they're comin in next season.
I want to utilise my wingers more. Help me??

Hi, I am using 4-1-2-1-2 with my team Arsenal, it seems that i cant score well

GK: Adler / Fabianski
DR: Sagna / Eboue / Mario
DL: Clichy / Gibbs
DC: Thomas Vermaelen / Zapata
DC: Otamendi / Nordveit / Gallas
DM: Alex Song / Miguel Veloso
MC1: Denilson / Muntari
MC2: Fabregas / Ramsey
AMC: Ozil / Arshavin
ST: Van Persie / Aguero / Milevsky / Bendter / Vela

I am playing rigid/ short passing/ man marking/ normal width/ normal tempo and attacking through the middle.
usually use retain position and play narrower shoutout against stronger teams

AMC = Advanced Playmaker
MC1 = Ball winning Midfield
MC2 = Advanced Playmaker
DM = Deep Lying Playmaker

2 ST, one as Support Target Man, another as a poacher

I want to make aguero a goal scoring machine, but it seems that my AMC score the most.
my AMC also keep stealing the show as my fabregas doesn't seem to do much on the field other than passing the ball and keeping the possession

Muntari as a ball winning midfield.
At the first half of the season, he did well for me tackling at an average of 8 times/game without fouling more than twice, but now it seems that he can get around 5 fouls and a booking for tackling 8 times. He's been getting few suspension and red cards during important matches.

which roles am i putting wrong? :S

would appreciate any help as im gettin really puzzled about this. basically, whatever tactic i use it seems to fail...
here is the tactic i am using currently, as WBA. as its first season, naturally i should be at least in the playoffs. but so far results have been rubbish. (knocked out of cup by league one team for example.) so basically i would love if someone could just quickly look over the tactic and state anything that jumps out as being "wrong". thanks in advance...

View attachment 99293

View attachment 99294

roles are:

keeper
wing back
wing back
CB- stopper
Ball playing CB- cover
LM- Wide mid
RM- Winger
LCM- ball winning
RCM- box to box
AM- adv. playmaker
ST- Adv. forward

so does anything stand out that would explain the mediocre results. dont worry about explaining anything, im not that demanding ;) just purely say 5 or 6 words that highlight any problems. thanks a lot

Last edited:
Back