What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
Hi, I want to play a 4-2-3-1 with my team. I don't have a good DM, but I have two excellent AMCs.. with Riquelme being the starter.

I'd like to play with Wingbacks, atleast on the left, and Inside Forward but I can't get the right mix currently my team is Udinese heres my team.

GK: Handanovic / Areola
DR: Cuadrad/Isla/Motta
DL: /Motta/Dodo/Jankulovski
DC: Felipe/Muniesa
DC: Zapata/Chara
MC: Gokhan Inler/ Kwadwo Asamoah
MC: Andreas Landgren/Albin Edkal/Thomas Horava
AML: Antonio Di Natali/ Alexis Sanchez (I've retrained him here) Jaime (Left footed, also plays AMR)
AMC: Riquelme, Diego Buananotte, Wendel, Edgar Ivan Pacheco
AMR: Simone Pepe/Alexis Sanchez/Jaime (Left footed)
ST: Levan Mchedlidze/Antonio Floro Flores/Odion Ighalo.. /Di Natale/Sanchez

I want to start Sanchez most importantly. Inler/Asamoah are great at BTB and I might bring in Fellaini, should I line up with two box to box? The other Mcs, Landgren group all play Deep Lying Playmaker well I might stick with that.

We play Fluid/Control/Short passing/More Expressive/Zonal Marking with a High Pushed up Defensive Line a Normal Width and a slow tempo with rarely time wasting.

How should I put player roles? I was using deep lying forward for my ST and Levan got a match rating of less than 6 twice. I think I will use AML Attack.. or would support be better? Then AMR will be a winger.. with the DR being Full Back Auto, and DL being Wing Back attack.

How should I set up the defenders.. currently ball playing/limited. What striker should I use/role?

Thanks for all the help. I've been struggling to score goals so far.

I've conceded more goals than last season, but no matter who or what role, I can't get anything from my strikers. Most of my goals come from the wingers, or midfield. anyone?

I'm with Man City. I usually play a 4-2-4 formation

GK- Enke
LB- Wayne Bridge
RB- Micah Richards
CB- Kolo Toure
CB- Matthew Upson
CM- Cesc Fabregas
CM- Gareth Barry
LW- Robinho
RW- Aaron Lennon
ST- Adebayor
ST- Carlos Tevez

I usually concede goals all the time, even though i think my defence is rather strong. I can't seem to get many goals out of my team either. My biggest wins are like 3-0.
Much help needed please!

Hi guy's long time looker, first time poster. Anyways been on these forum partrolling and finally decided to sign up and I noticed that alot of the tactics on here are 433 anyways, I like playing wingers in my game.

I find it really hard to find/create a really good 442.

Can anyone recommend a 442 they have seen around/tried?

Cheers.

Hi guys,

I'm managing bayern for the 4th season..i would like someone to help me with a detailed team instruction, players roles and duties for my 4-3-3 tactic and who should be in the center and left right sides as attack...Thanks
my players are:

Adler (GK)
Boateng(DL)
Breno(DC)
DemichelisDC)
Lahm(DR)
Ander(AML)
Kroos(AMC)
Schweinsteiger(AMR)
Neymar(FC)
Jo(FC)
Gomez(ST)

Heres my problem.
I usually play my games with the 10.3 patch but my game keeps crashing so I had to restart my game with the default patch. So basically the tactics I've been using before don't work well with the default patch. (I think its compatibility issues)
Therefore I need to find a tactic that works well with the default patch.
So far its been P10 W1 D3 L6.
One of the most worst results was a 4-0 trashing I got at Home from Fulham.

So heres my squad.

GK: Gomes/Cudicini
RB: Corluka/Hutton
LB: Bale/Assou-Ekotto
CB: Woodgate/Bassong
CB: King/Dawson
CM: Modric/Kranjcar
CM: Palacios/Huddlestone/Jenas
LM: Di Maria
RM: Lennon/Bentley
ST: R.Keane/Defoe
ST: Crouch/Pavlyuchenko

I play a 4-4-2 at Home and a 4-5-1 Away
A tactic for either would be great.
Thanks alot and sorry for the trouble.

4-2-3-1 Formation

Fabianski - Sweeper Keeper

Clichy - LB - Full Back (Attack)

Vermaelen - CB (Defend)

Koscielny - CB (Defend)

Sagna - RB - Full Back (Attack)

Frimpong - CM - Ball Winner (Defend)

Wilshere - CM - Central Mid (Support)

Walcott - AMR - Inside Forward (Attack)

Nasri - AMC - Advanced Playmaker (Support)

Arshavin - AML - Inside Forward (Support)

Chamakh - ST - Defensive Forward (Attack)

Team Instructions (Tactics)
Philosophy - Fluid
Mentality - Standard
Philosophy - attacking

Passing - Short
Creative Freedom - More Expressive
Closing Down - Press More
Tacking - Default
Marking - Zonal
Crossing - Default
Roaming - More Roaming

What do you think any tweaks to players? or Team Instructions?
would like to see how you think The Arsenal play

Can anyone recomend a good man u tactic? I cant seem to find a good one!
I have signed kroos, marchisio and hulk and would like to be playing these players in my starting 11, thanks.

And ivansrobo on my arsenal save i played up until 2018 with the goalstorm tactic from the downloads section, this brought me great sucess and it has brought me up to 2nd in the worldwide hall of fame as it has brought be so many trophies. However this tactic contains the corner bug but what i did was removed it and just knocked balls into the far post and put my best heading player there and it worked well but the tactic itself without the corner bug is still fantastic! Hope i helped

Hiyo,
I am trying to find a Blue Square South tatic to use with my Bath City Squad.
I am a new manager and I know that might be a problem but every lower level tactic that I use gets smashed by the standard 4-4-2 tactic it seems.
Any help would be awesome.

Can someone give me a few tips on how to play quick direct attacking/ counter attacking football man u style ? Possession football i can do easily but fancy a new approach but cant get it to work not even WITH man utd

could someone please give some advice on what tactic I shoud play in my first season in charge of Inter. I'm looking to play very attacking football with the hope of having two strikers on 20+ goals. I'm going to be playing Balotelli upfront with either eto'o or milito.

Hey guys, could really do with some advice here. My friend on a network game has taken to playing the most defensive formation I've ever seen against me and I've run out of ideas as to what to do against it.

Originally I tried a 4-4-2, focusing passing down the wings - I thought isolating the wing backs and getting past them right have worked for me. Then I tried a 4-1-2-2-1 but again, to no effect. Although he doesn't get much change out of me attacking wise (averages about 7 shots a match with it), I haven't managed to score a single goal against it in 4 games and it's starting to annoy me!! :P

positions.png

This is the formation he plays. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about a 4-2-3-1 but don't really have much experience in playing it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm Man Utd, usual team is Foster, Lahm Ferdinand Vidic Evra, Valencia Hamsik Fletcher Jovetic, Rooney Villa. Also have Ashley Young, Aaron Ramsey, Theo Walcott and Berbatov
as the main other players.

Thanks!

maybe try the unbeatable tactic from the download section you play 3 strikers an amr an aml and 1 cm?

and by the way would tactic have you used for utd, im really struggling to find a good tactic with them :(

Hey guys, could really do with some advice here. My friend on a network game has taken to playing the most defensive formation I've ever seen against me and I've run out of ideas as to what to do against it.

Originally I tried a 4-4-2, focusing passing down the wings - I thought isolating the wing backs and getting past them right have worked for me. Then I tried a 4-1-2-2-1 but again, to no effect. Although he doesn't get much change out of me attacking wise (averages about 7 shots a match with it), I haven't managed to score a single goal against it in 4 games and it's starting to annoy me!! :P

positions.png

This is the formation he plays. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about a 4-2-3-1 but don't really have much experience in playing it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm Man Utd, usual team is Foster, Lahm Ferdinand Vidic Evra, Valencia Hamsik Fletcher Jovetic, Rooney Villa. Also have Ashley Young, Aaron Ramsey, Theo Walcott and Berbatov
as the main other players.

Thanks!

perhaps try a control strategy, with slow tempo and short passing and more creative freedom. not entirely sure but those sometimes help unlock a stubborn defence. you may want to seek conformation on this though as im not tactical expert

In Pre-Season with a Bristol City side (1st Season) , Pre-Season hasn't been going well and I haven't been able to find a style of play and formation etc.. I have the players just need the tactic. Would be grateful if someone could give me a link to a tactic which suits my team or any advice would be most appreciated.

Image of my squad

thanks

In Pre-Season with a Bristol City side (1st Season) , Pre-Season hasn't been going well and I haven't been able to find a style of play and formation etc.. I have the players just need the tactic. Would be grateful if someone could give me a link to a tactic which suits my team or any advice would be most appreciated.

Image of my squad

thanks

perhaps a 4-3-3 w/ 3 CM and 3 ST. my mate used that as brizzle in our network game and was promoted in first.

Aston Villa - 3rd Season

Hey, need some advice on my Villa team, some good tactics and training suggestions. In my 3rd season. First season I finished 7th and got the the Euro Cup, whichever one it was, Europa League I assume, but lost to Everton. Second season I finished a close 4th and got to the FA Cup but lost to Chelsea (as the team was injury ravished at seasons end.) I've never really stuck to one formation, usually interchanging between 4-4-2, 4-4-2 Diamond, 4-5-1 and 4-1-2-1-2 depending on who the opposing team is. Also I constantly switch up who plays where as long as the dot stays green, nothing too awkward. Mainly because some players tire more than others which would reflect my training methods, any suggestions would be appreciated. I just need some good formations/tactics for a good Villa side to be able to compete at a respectable level in the EPL and European competition.

Anywho, line-up is:

GK - J. Hart (Subs - B. Freidel)
Defense - G. Bale, D. Wheater, C. Davies, A. Vanden Borre (Subs - L. Young, C. Cuellar, R. Dunne, J. Collins)
Midfield - In DM I interchange between S. Petrov, N. Reo- Coker, Fernando Gago, Mahmadou Diarra
CM - R. Van Der Vaart, N. Reo Coker switching up between Deco & F. Delph, with A. Young and J. Milner on the flanks
ST - G. Agbonlahor + switching between J. Carew, E. Heskey and A. Voronin

Maybe some might have a similar team with similar players and may have tactics that would fit this team well, please share them with me. Any tactics, tips on formation and training tips I'd greatly appreciate. Thanks.

Hi all, I'm starting as Arsenal as my first season. As Arsenal just bought Chamkah, I was wondering whether to play a 4-3-3 or play a 4-2-4?

GK - Alumnia,
Defense: Vermaelen, Djourou, Koscienly, Clichy, Sagna
Midfield : Fabregas, ramsey, song, veloso, diaby, nasri
Attack: Chamakh, Van Persie, Bendtner, Vela, Walcott, Arshavin

I would also accept other types of formations or advices which suit possessive, goal scoring team. Hopefully you guys can give me some. Thanks so much!

Hey, need some advice on my Villa team, some good tactics and training suggestions. In my 3rd season. First season I finished 7th and got the the Euro Cup, whichever one it was, Europa League I assume, but lost to Everton. Second season I finished a close 4th and got to the FA Cup but lost to Chelsea (as the team was injury ravished at seasons end.) I've never really stuck to one formation, usually interchanging between 4-4-2, 4-4-2 Diamond, 4-5-1 and 4-1-2-1-2 depending on who the opposing team is. Also I constantly switch up who plays where as long as the dot stays green, nothing too awkward. Mainly because some players tire more than others which would reflect my training methods, any suggestions would be appreciated. I just need some good formations/tactics for a good Villa side to be able to compete at a respectable level in the EPL and European competition.

Anywho, line-up is:

GK - J. Hart (Subs - B. Freidel)
Defense - G. Bale, D. Wheater, C. Davies, A. Vanden Borre (Subs - L. Young, C. Cuellar, R. Dunne, J. Collins)
Midfield - In DM I interchange between S. Petrov, N. Reo- Coker, Fernando Gago, Mahmadou Diarra
CM - R. Van Der Vaart, N. Reo Coker switching up between Deco & F. Delph, with A. Young and J. Milner on the flanks
ST - G. Agbonlahor + switching between J. Carew, E. Heskey and A. Voronin

Maybe some might have a similar team with similar players and may have tactics that would fit this team well, please share them with me. Any tactics, tips on formation and training tips I'd greatly appreciate. Thanks.

I have been using the Asymmetric Nr 1 with Villa( found in the link) and it has worked like a charm
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/the-better-half-plug-shout-tactics-t40539.html

postnr1.png

For this formation, i would use the follwing lineup

Defense - G. Bale, D. Wheater, C. Davies, A. Vanden Borre

DM - Petrov, N. Reo- Coker,, Mahmadou Diarra

CM - Van Der Vaart, Gago,

MR - J. Milner

Mission: Setup goals and create space out wide

Often seen: Running up and down the flank, staying wide when in possession. Crossing at far post. Seeking free space at the far post. Arriving late in the area. Making overlaps with the Attacking Fullback

--------------------------------------------------

AML - A. Young

Mission: Link up attacks and setup goals, supporting the FC

Often seen: Connecting with an more advancelinkplayerer such as a Target man or TQ on same flank. Moving in centrally, playing a short passing game, not dwelling on the ball or dribbling too much. Creating space for a drifting box2box MC and/or Wingbackck. Crossing or making t-balls at the far post/opposite flank

Footednessss: Left on Right, Right on Left

--------------------------------------------------

Position: FCr - -Agbonlahor

Mission: Score Goal

Often seen: At the end off the moves, beating the last defender with his pace. Moving into channels or drifting away form his defender seeking free space. Wining the golden boot- G.

FCleft - J. Carew, E. Heskey and A. Voronin

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Hi all, I'm starting as Arsenal as my first season. As Arsenal just bought Chamkah, I was wondering whether to play a 4-3-3 or play a 4-2-4?

GK - Alumnia,
Defense: Vermaelen, Djourou, Koscienly, Clichy, Sagna
Midfield : Fabregas, ramsey, song, veloso, diaby, nasri
Attack: Chamakh, Van Persie, Bendtner, Vela, Walcott, Arshavin

I would also accept other types of formations or advices which suit possessive, goal scoring team. Hopefully you guys can give me some. Thanks so much!

have a look at the same one as I have suggested for the Villa tam as I think that some of the "roles" would work like a charm for your team.

Chamakh would do great in the FCright, both Bendtner and RVP in the FCleft.
On the flanks, Walcott is leathal with his speed in the MR and Vela, Nasri and Arshavin acts like forwards in FCleft.

You could change that role( the AML) slightly to be like in the screen below to suit those players

arsa.png

For Football Manager 2010

Please give details of which team your using,what players are in your squad and your prefered formation and style of play.

hey, i come from indonesia which is not english for first languange so sorry if my english is bad

i will have a competition next monday and after drafting player, and anything else, these what i got :

Emiliano Viviano
Salvatore Bocchetti
Christian Jidayi
Andrea Masiello
Andrea Esposito
Benito Nicolas Viola
Marco Verratti
Andre Cuneaz
Carlo Coppari
Stefano Botta
Giuseppe Rossi
Alberto Paloschi
1.Alexis Sanchez
2.Muslera
3.Veloso
4.Isla
5.Alvaro Pereira
6.Skjelbred
7.Morimoto
8.Onyekachi
9.Krivets
10.Ronald Vargas
11.Tijani Belaid
------------

i already download FFTM pdf and it's work like charm, i use 442 box from classic brazil.

but is there any formation that work best next to 442 box?

-----------

thanks

----------

Back