DL: Clichy / Gibbs
DC: Thomas Vermaelen / Zapata
DC: Otamendi / Nordveit / Gallas
DM: Alex Song / Miguel Veloso
MC1: Denilson / Muntari
MC2: Fabregas / Ramsey
AMC: Ozil / Arshavin
ST: Van Persie / Aguero / Milevsky / Bendter / Vela

I am playing rigid/ short passing/ man marking/ normal width/ normal tempo and attacking through the middle.
usually use retain position and play narrower shoutout against stronger teams

AMC = Advanced Playmaker
MC1 = Ball winning Midfield
MC2 = Advanced Playmaker
DM = Deep Lying Playmaker

2 ST, one as Support Target Man, another as a poacher

I want to make aguero a goal scoring machine, but it seems that my AMC score the most.
my AMC also keep stealing the show as my fabregas doesn't seem to do much on the field other than passing the ball and keeping the possession

Muntari as a ball winning midfield.
At the first half of the season, he did well for me tackling at an average of 8 times/game without fouling more than twice, but now it seems that he can get around 5 fouls and a booking for tackling 8 times. He's been getting few suspension and red cards during important matches.

which roles am i putting wrong? :S
Which strategy are you using? Try switching to control or attacking. I think rigid philosophy is a waste of your players' talents, if you go more fluid with good players they are capable of seeing openings and taking advantage of them at the right times as well as covering when someone moves out of position. Rigid is a more defensive mindset so that you don't lose shape and players stick to the formation...since you said scoring goals is the problem then ditch that.

More direct passing will help open things up, especially when playing on larger pitches. I would leave focused passing on default/mixed and use the appropriate exploit the flanks/middle shout when you go up against a team that has gaps in their formation. Playing wider and with a higher tempo (which is part of the control/attacking strategies) will lower your possession % but you'll see more chances and score more often. You can play narrower late in the game when you are trying to protect a lead.

I think 3 having playmakers is too many cooks in the kitchen. Try this:

Song - Defensive Midfielder/Defend
Fabregas - B2B
Denilson/Muntari - Ball Winning Midfielder/Support
Ozil - Adv Playmaker/Attack
van Persie - Deep Lying Forward/Attack or Support
Aguero - Trequartista

Aguero target man to feet if you want to make him the focal point. Good luck and let me know how it goes :)

Hello guys , I was wondering if you can help me out. I am in my third season with Manchester City , playing well but struggling with smaller reputation teams. Can you recommend me some other successful tactics beside Mr Houg and JP Woody . Thanks in advance.

This is my squad.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a useful and a consistent set of tactics I can use for my nottingham forest team. I have been promoted to the premier league coming 1st and now I am struggling to beat teams like man city. The top scorer for the club was Robbie Earnshaw. I need help please. My players are the following:

GK - Lee Camp, Joe Hart
Defenders - Manuel Pavon, Chris Gunter, Luke Chambers, Wes Morgan, Emanuel Pogatetz, Wilfred Bouma, Jlloyd Samuel, James Perch, Jose Carlos Terron, Lillo, Andrew Surman, Ruben Pulido, Lucas Neill, Sergio

Midfielders - Angelos Basinas, Guy Moussi, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Rory Delap, Garath McCleary, Paul Anderson, Saul, David McGoldrick, Magaye Gueye, Chris Cohen

Strikers - Benjani, Robbie Earnshaw, Nathan Tyson, Dexter Blackstock, Kevin Phillips

How should i play my Marseille team
GK: Mandanda/Akinfeev
Defender: Bonnart, Beck, Zapata, Otamendi, Mexes, Diawara, N'Koulou, Criscisto and Taiwo
Mid: Ben Arfa, Hazard, Valbuena, Abriel, Hamsik, Moussa Sissoko, Mbia, Palombo,Cheyrou, Kaboré
Forwards: Balotelli, Aguero, Dzeko, Niang, Baky Koné, Morientes,

Players coming at the end of season: Damien Le Tallec and Romelu Lukaku

Manchester City. 09-10 season.
prefer 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2

Basically the same original squad, but sold Santa Cruz and Bellamy, brought in Cardozo and Lukaku.
what roles would suit Silva best?
the team scoring like monsters in pre season, but once the season started every forward is having a goal draught!!

please help!! any comments are welcome!

cheers!!

Southampton, second season, Championship. I absolutely romped League 1 using the marvellous Hodgson 4-4-2 but my team has become very inconsistent in the Championship. I am currently 6th. I somewhat unwisely spanked my hefty budget on future stars like Dodo (who can't kick his own **** at the moment), Deniz Naki and James Rodriguez.

Squad is as follows:

GKs:
Davis
Henderson

DRs:
David Gray
Javan Vidal

DLs:
Harding
Mills
Dodo

DCs:
De Laet
Fonte
Boyata
D Ayala

Midfielders:
Emmanuel-Thomas
Hammond
Schneiderlin
Tom Cleverley
Stuart Holden
Lallana
James Rodriquez

Attackers:
Deniz Naki
Lambert
Barnard
Harewood

Obviously this is, for the most part, a very young squad, so I'm toying with the idea of bringing in some experienced free transfers/loans. The team is conceding a lot of late goals and a number of the younger players can't really last 90 minutes.

Can the brains trust on here give me some tactical advice, or indeed any advice at all (beyond "get a life")?

This is a tremendous site that has never let me down yet.

I'm playing as Tottenham, first season, first game against Arsenal. I know it's not really much to go on, but I had a bad pre-season. However, it wasn't bad in terms of results, as I won 4 of my 5 pre-season games, with the only loss coming against Porto, which only finished 1-0. Instead, my team just didn't play very well - none of them, Ballymena and the Reserves aside, were convincing wins.

View attachment 99821

Against San Jose Earthquakes, I felt they had too many chances, and I was not convincing in the final third, either.

Against FC Twente, I scored early on but I was nervous whenever they get into my half and fell to pieces when they equalised late-on. It took a Kaboul cross which ended up in the back of the net to equalise and I really wasn't pleased with the game.

Then against Porto, they just seemed dangerous and had more chances than me, so I was lucky only to lose 1-0. And my chances themselves tended to be either long-range strikes from Tom Huddlestone and poor headers from corners. Jermain Defoe, Luka Modric and the defence all had very poor games and it cost me big time.

So my major worry is that with teams that match the likes of Porto are the teams I'll need to compete with the break the top five (my goal) and teams that could match FC Twente like Fulham, Everton etc., I could be looking at a good few losses this season and a finish outside of the top five.

I've strengthened my squad by signing Diego Buonanotte and Alexis Sanchez, and expect David James to accept my contract offer to add some back-up for the goalkeeping position, but I still think I'll struggle.

So, any tactics for my team, please? (The current line-up is below)

- I need roles for each of my players in the Starting XI and on the subs bench and the team instructions for playing teams that are equal/better than me.

View attachment 99820

PLEASE HELP.

If my team are having problems with passing, which one is better - shorter or more direct passing? I was under the impression that shorter would be better in such a situation, but after watching a few games, I think I have got it completely wrong!

my arsenal

i know it probably looks unbeliveable but i was trying to be creative in my formations and i came up with this with arsenal.

-------------------v.valdez----------------

----------terry---ferdinand---g.milito-------------
g.neville---------------------------------------clichy

----------------------fabregas--------------------
----------c.ronaldo--d.villa---sneijder------

-------------------------t.henry-----------

its called a 5-1-3-1 sweeper (my own name for it)

and so far its been mint for me.

my subs/rest of first team are players like:
deco
cheq
lloris
wallcott
k.toure
p.ferreira
robinho
pique
etc ...u get the idea

please if anyone reckons they've thought up THEIR OWN formation and think it might help, please...be my guest

.ps(will be sending in print screen for all who don't believe)

If my team are having problems with passing, which one is better - shorter or more direct passing? I was under the impression that shorter would be better in such a situation, but after watching a few games, I think I have got it completely wrong!
If you are trying to increase your pass completion rate then shorter passing and a slower tempo is the way to go.

How to get my GK to throw the ball to my defenders? I have set his distribution to 'quick throw' and even mentioned a defender to pass the ball to, but he still just boots the ball beyond the midfield. I don't want this and I want to retain possession. Why isn't he listening to my instructions? Is it because his work rate and other mental traits are low?

I have tried to lower his creativity and make his passing style short, but to no avail.

portsmouth2.png

He is undoubtedly one of my best players. He has top GK attributes.

If you are trying to increase your pass completion rate then shorter passing and a slower tempo is the way to go.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi guys, been using a few tactics in here and I'm quite impressed with JP woody's tactics and Mr Houghs' tactics been good, loving the new 4-2-4 one.

However, these tactics, 4-2-4, 4-1-2-3 do not work for lower teams which gain promotion. I recently got promoted with Cardiff and played 15 games lying at 19th, lost 10 in a roll and I have tried both tactics since gaining promotion. I have gotten gsome players to help with the top plight of the premiership, Schmeichel, Hart, Djourou, Burdisso, Tosic, Barazite, Neymar, Diaby, Brian Ruis, Etuhu, Buonanotte, Fred (Brazilian), Zuculini (Franco), Vazquez, Mattock, to name a few, and I have struggled a lot.

Can anyone hook up a good tactics to help? JP Woody, Mr. Houghs, anyone....

Posted that earlier, but in a new thread and was told to do it here, so...., still awaiting help :)

Posted that earlier, but in a new thread and was told to do it here, so...., still awaiting help :)

Here you are facing 2 problems

- Your team will be highly ungelled, meaning that the players wont play to their best and will be less likely to adapt to a new way of playing. The team looks really, really good and by packing the midfield( perhaps a narrow diamond), you should be able to grind out a few results until the squad is gelled.

Personally, I like a rigid-control narrow diamond,. Have a look at the one uploaded here and make some tweaks to suit your players

Here you are facing 2 problems

- Your team will be highly ungelled, meaning that the players wont play to their best and will be less likely to adapt to a new way of playing. The team looks really, really good and by packing the midfield( perhaps a narrow diamond), you should be able to grind out a few results until the squad is gelled.

Personally, I like a rigid-control narrow diamond,. Have a look at the one uploaded here and make some tweaks to suit your players
Ta, would give it a go.

Im haivng problems in my second season, as it seems the tactic i used in my first season to great effect (Won the league on a 20+ win streak and lost out to Juventus in the Euro Cup final on penalty's) Doesn't seem to work anymore with my latest lose being a 3-0 loss to Porto...

The team has had very little changes since first season, only difference is Julio Baptista as a sub.

407708528.PNG

Can anyone suggest a tactic i could try with these players.

cool, im mainly liverpool, would love a 442 formation, but usually use 41212 n sell all my wingers or 4231.. on patch 10.2 medium db

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

That would depend on your team and players. A tactic working for Chelsea using no wingers would not work for Reading etc etc

cool, im mainly liverpool, would love a 442 formation, but usually use 41212 n sell all my wingers or 4231.. on patch 10.2 medium db

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

ive got jp woodys brian cloughs 442 n maxs qpr 442 n ur 41212 which wud work best on 10.2 all look quality!!! big up to the ppl who made them

Back