What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
Quick question : how should I set my parameters when using the overload in order to avoid conceding?
The squad seem to forget they still have a net to protect. Make it or break it situation.

I could set the tackling on more aggressive obviously, though I'd appreciate not getting booked every minute.

Thanks peeps.

Im wolfsburg and have been playing 4-2-2-2 with sucess, but i'm losing against tougher teams and i just feel like changing tactics.

here's the lineup:

------grafite/dzeko-villa
cassano ------------ronaldinho
----------ozil - keita
--------------------------------------
oddo - carvalho - rever - srna

subs:

barzagli
riether
lukaku
santana
kahlenberg
zec

players injured: (you can include them in tactics too!)

dejagah
deco
nuri sahin

thanks in advance :)

I am Man City and I play a simple 4-4-2 game and my line up is as follows

LB - Wayne Bridge
CB - Kolo Toure & Phillipe Mexes
RB - Darijo Srna

ML - Robinho
MC - Hamsik & Stephan Ireland (In rotation with Gareth Bary & De Jong)
MR - Joe Cole (In rotation with Sean Right Phillips

ST - Tevez & Adebayor (Rotation with Santa Cruz)

Firstly I would like to know if this is the best formation for my side and I would also like to know how they should be played e.g Tevez as a poacher, Ireland defending etc.

I like to play attacking football while being responsible at the back.

I am in 2009/2010 season, got bored of the game I was doing.

Last edited:
Hi, I have tried to be a bit rash and eccentric in my tactic for Portsmouth. Here's a screenshot to show the positions:

portsmouth.png

Vagnar Love - Poacher. Should it be advanced forward?
M Pavone - Deep lying forward
Rafael VDV - Attacking Midfielder (Should I put it to Advanced Playmaker?)
N Belhadj - Wide midfielder
A Ekdal - Central midfielder
Fernando Gago - Central midfielder
Simon Davies - Wide midfielder
R Dunne, A Mokoena, T Ben-haim - DCs, all on Defend duty.

Should I make Rafael VDV as the primary playmaker?

About Vagnar Love - is the poacher duty for him ok? His crossing and work rate are really poor, while he possesses great acceleration, agility, balance and pace. He has been hitting the back of the net regularly in the friendlies. Also, is it right to make him my primary target man and supply it into space (run onto ball)? In fact, let me attach a screenshot:

portsmouth2.png

Is this a feasible formation in the Premier league? Please give some suggestions about roles and duties and anything else that you think will help me.

BTW, the heading, jumping & throwing of my attackers is quite poor.

Any help will be deeply appreciated :)

EDIT: Mmm...I just beat the current EPL champions 3-1 away. Fantastic!

2nd consecutive and consecutive win. Beat West Brom 3-0 at home.

I am losing heavily in keeping possession, but am scoring goals. Ochoa has been very good until now.

Last edited:
Team: Manchester City

Players: Shay Given, Richards, Zabaleta, Kolo Toure,Kompany, Onuoha, Lescott, Bridge --- Wright-Phillips, James Milner, Gareth Barry, Stephen Ireland, Adam Johnson, Martin Petrov, Nigel de Jong, Vieira --- Adebajor, Lukaku, Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz, Bellamy (all the squad of Man City, July 2009)

I want to play offensive but not to concede many goals. I want to play with Tevez, Adebajor and Lukaku in the same time. My defensive is very week, I mean I don't know how to make my defenders to attack the ball when is at an opponent, not only to chase him until he scores... And how to press the opponent when have the ball, like Barcelona, when an opponent has the ball, all team is pressing to recover, I don't know how to do all this...

You want this team:

Given

Richards - Toure - Lescott - Bridge

De Jong

Barry - Milner

Tevez

Lukaku - Adebayor
I wouldn't personally use that team, but you seem insistant on using Tevez, Lukaku and Adebayor. You could also use a 4-3-3 if you wanted. If you use this formation, make sure Tevez is playing as a Trequisarta, Lukaku or Adebayor as Target Man with the other one as Deep Lying Striker.

If your defense is weak, then seeting De Jong to Defensive Midfield - Defend will certainly help you stop leaking goals. Also, if you want to press the opposition, go to Instructions--->Team Instructions and then select the Closing Down option to Press More.

Hope that helps.​

I don't rally want to play with all 3, but how can I use them ? I mean I want many goals... :)

And what about Adam Johnson ? I mean is a good player and is shame not use him, and Milner is not a winger ? Then what it is in center ? Advance playmaker ?

Kolo Toure is better that Bruno Alves (Zenit/Porto) ?!? I mean I try to exchange them + money for Bruno, but only if is better...

hey . after drafting some players, this is what i got for my next tournament :D

- Team = it doesn't important, but i choose cittadella btw :)
- Screenshot of the squad with their position :
36796263.jpg

-Screenshot of the preferred formation and lineup =
81028499.jpg

- Key players that you are not willing to leave outside the starting lineup = Giuseppe Rossi, Alexis Sanchez, Carlos Eduardo, S.Bocchetti

- State of you are willing to use another formation: Yes (and emm, can you help me make me a good counter and attack tactic? it will be nice :) )

- Database : 10.3

i already bookmarked this, so if you need more information about my team, please tell me know :)

thanks

You want this team: ...

Look, this team work very well until now:

Given
Richards/Kompany---Toure---Lescott

Wright-Phillips---Barry---Nigel de Jong---Milner---Johnson

Santa Cruz/Lukaku---Adebajor/Tevez

But I want to hear you opinion, what team you use ?

And if you can tell the roles for the most of the player... and zonal marking or man marking is the best ?

Ok. I'm Manchester United. First season havn't signed anyone yet. I want a formation with a AMC but also balanced around.
I was thinking maybe :
GK - RB - CB - CB - LB - MR - MC - ML - AMC - ST - ST
or a GK - RB - CB - CB - LB - DMC - MC - MC - AMC - ST - ST
or a GK - RB - CB - CB - LB - MC - MC - MC - AMC - ST - ST

Any suggestions?

Hi i want a good tactic for Liverpools Squad of the football manager 2010

i want to know what players to sell and buy, that would help ease the tactic, i want the tactic so i can atleast claim a top 3 position within the premier league,
with the tactic can you please post team instructions and player instructions, and with the players can you please tell the most i can sell and the most least that i can purchase the player for
smile.gif

MANY THANKS

Im currently spurs, in my 3rd season, qualified for champions league in my first season, won the league in 2nd but im struggling to score in my 3rd season im grinding out results but would like to play a bit more. always have crouch up top even though my assistant says not to but hes a target man so would like to keep him. im looking for a 4 5 1 / 4 4 2 or a 4 4 1 1 if posible.

Hi i want a good tactic for Liverpools Squad of the football manager 2010

i want to know what players to sell and buy, that would help ease the tactic, i want the tactic so i can atleast claim a top 3 position within the premier league,
with the tactic can you please post team instructions and player instructions, and with the players can you please tell the most i can sell and the most least that i can purchase the player for
smile.gif

MANY THANKS
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2746

im chelsea at the moment using a formation i find horid to watch, im using a 4-1-2-1-2 formation but my prefered style is a 4-5-1 formation, i like to watch free flowing football, where i get a few goals i average 2 a game at the moment but i feel i should be getting much more out from a team which quite frankly is better than 2 a game, also dont like to give many shots on goal away, would also like to dominate possession......

so here is my team not many changes from the start as im only in my 2nd season

GK-cech
LB-cole (altho the twit wants to join man city....hmmm i wonder why, greedy on the game and real life)
RB=ivanovic
CB-terry
CB-carvalho
DM-mikel
CM-lampard
CM-essien
IF-Aguero(paid 52 million or the little man......wonderful player, but feel i could get more out of him)
IF-J.cole
ST-drogba

i would like to play the formation 4-5-1, just wondering what player roles and tacticla settings i should use
thanks for any help you can give me, how i wish i had any tactical knowledge to try to create my own haha

im chelsea at the moment using a formation i find horid to watch, im using a 4-1-2-1-2 formation but my prefered style is a 4-5-1 formation, i like to watch free flowing football, where i get a few goals i average 2 a game at the moment but i feel i should be getting much more out from a team which quite frankly is better than 2 a game, also dont like to give many shots on goal away, would also like to dominate possession......

so here is my team not many changes from the start as im only in my 2nd season

GK-cech
LB-cole (altho the twit wants to join man city....hmmm i wonder why, greedy on the game and real life)
RB=ivanovic
CB-terry
CB-carvalho
DM-mikel
CM-lampard
CM-essien
IF-Aguero(paid 52 million or the little man......wonderful player, but feel i could get more out of him)
IF-J.cole
ST-drogba

i would like to play the formation 4-5-1, just wondering what player roles and tacticla settings i should use
thanks for any help you can give me, how i wish i had any tactical knowledge to try to create my own haha

When I played with Chelsea, 4-5-1 was the best tactic ever, 4-4-2 when I want to play a "safer" game, with wingers from the middle Defensive...

Aguero for me played very well like Deep-Lying Forward Attack and Trequarista in attack and now and then on middle Trequarista...

my current squads are:
Chamakh (or Vela) RVP
Arshavin Walcott
Nasri Fabregas
---------------------------------------------------------------------- <--the middle line

Clichy Chiellini Vermaelen Srna
Akinfeev

the formation is 4-2-4 but it seems that its hard to score goals and easy to conceded for some reason.
if it's possible can i have the full information of how should i play my team

Last edited:
In need of help please. Out both the cups in round 3 finished top of my eufa cup group but languishing about 12th in the league. Got about £7/8 million to spend.
What signings and tactics would you recomend???
Thanks in advance!! (H)

In need of help please. Out both the cups in round 3 finished top of my eufa cup group but languishing about 12th in the league. Got about £7/8 million to spend.
What signings and tactics would you recomend???
Thanks in advance!! (H)

Friedel

Beye - Davies - Dunne - Warnock

Milner - Petrov - Witsel - Young

Agbonlahor - Carew
Friedel - Goalkeeper - Defend
Beye - Full Back - Support
Davies - Centre Back - Defend
Dunne - Centre Back - Defend
Warnock - Full Back - Support
Milner - Winger - Support
Petrov - Box-to-Box Midfielder - Support
Witsel - Advanced Playmaker - Support
Young - Winger - Support
Agbonlahor - Advanced Forward - Attack
Carew - Target Man - Attack

That should really work. I also recommend spending your £8m on a right back. Kromkamp, Hutton, Arbeloa and Zuiverloon are all good options.​

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

my current squads are:
Chamakh (or Vela) RVP
Arshavin Walcott
Nasri Fabregas
---------------------------------------------------------------------- <--the middle line

Clichy Chiellini Vermaelen Srna
Akinfeev

the formation is 4-2-4 but it seems that its hard to score goals and easy to conceded for some reason.
if it's possible can i have the full information of how should i play my team

Akinfeev

Srna - Vermaelen - Chillieni - Clichy

Song

Fabregas - Nasri

Walcott..................-................Arshavin

van Persie

I'm assuming you've still got Song, but that would work very well. If you've still got Diaby, you can slot him into Centre Mid and stick Nasri out wide, as well.

Akinfeev - Goalkeeper - Defend
Srna - Full Back - Support
Vermaelen - Ball Playing Defender - Defend
Chiellieni - Centre Back - Defend
Clichy - Full Back - Support
Song - Defensive Midfield - Defend
Fabregas - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support
Nasri - Advanced Playmaker - Support
Walcott - Winger - Attack
Arshavin - Inside Forward - Attack
van Persie - Complete Forward - Attack

Usuallty, I'd have Fabregas as an Advanced Playmaker - Attack, but with Nasri also in the Centre of Midfield, it'd get too crowded with A Playmakers. If Diaby slots into the side, I recommend using him as the Deep Lying Playmaker and Fabregas as the Advanced Playmaker.​

Back