What Tactic should i use?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 398K
Hey thx for the reply on the arsenal tactics. I just need one more thing which is the sub striker. What role should i use for chamakh, bendtner and vela?

Last edited:
Having some problems with Manchester United at the moment. Enjoy easy success with my Chelsea save [4-1-2-1-2] and my Manchester City save [4-2-3-1] but I'm really hitting the wall here.

I've been using Clough's standard 4-4-2 and dominated my pre-season fixtures around 4-0, 6-1, etc. But then hit the regular season and now find it increasingly difficult to win matches.

Last 8 matches
Chelsea 3 - 2 United
Chelsea 3 - 0 United
United 1 - 1 Sunderland
Man City 0 - 0 United
Wolves 1 - 0 United
United 2 - 2 Everton
West Ham 1 - 0 United
United 0 - 3 Aston Villa

You can see I had heavy defeats against Chelsea and Villa and lost to Wolves away. It's really difficult. Current line-up is as follows:

van der Sar

Rafael - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra

Valencia - Fletcher - Scholes - Nani

Rooney - Berbatov

Haven't made any changes to the tactic at all. Rooney plays as complete forward and Berbatov as poacher. My midfielders are all set to Support as well as my full backs and the center backs are defending. I find most of my games, long ranged shots are taken even when I try to work the ball into the box to get it finished into goal. Nothing seems to be happening with me. Wondering if anyone else can offer help or point me in the direction of a strong 4-4-2 I can use.

I prefer to play without a defensive midfielder and want to try and keep it as realistic as possible as to how United plays in real life.

Last edited:
Need some help here lads.
I am in october in my third season with wolves and after a fairly succesful season last season (5th in prem) and buying players i thought would slot in nicely together, it just hasn't kicked off like i thought it would.

This may have to do with a few of my top performers from last season being courted by top clubs, but in the event that it isn't, here are my players etc:

Ustari
Garics Burdisso Upson Diego Renan

Annan
Ekdal Sissoko

Kightly Vela
Lukaku

Bench

Hennesy
Delafiore
Stearman
Keita(on loan from barca, toss up between him and ekdal for the cm spot)
Jan Polak
Coentrao
Keirrison(on loan from barca)

Interested in any opinions of how to make this team play. All the players are very talented, just haven't clicked together this season

Managing Lazio 2012/2013, Currently at the end of the January Transfer window. Signed a few very promising youngsters, and brought in a CDM for a backup role in my 4-5-1 formation that I have successfully used to clobber Inter 5-1, and tie with Barceloona in UCL allowing me to progress from group stage.
I am currently playing a 4-2-1-3 formation, also known as Shakhtar Legend on this site, albeit slightly modified for my team. Eden Hazard can play as MC, AMC, or ST/FC quite comfortably, especially with Zarate and Floccari supporting him on either side.
This career started off very slowly. Finished in 11th place in Serie A in the first season, 10th in the second season. Third season we ended the year in second place in Serie A and qualified for Champions' League, got drawn in a ground with Fenerbahce, Metalist and Barcelona.
I just purchased Silviu Lung Jr ($7MIL USD) as a backup to Fernando Muslera.

GK - S. Lung Jr
FBL - Garrido (Automatic/Defend)
FBR - L. Zauri (Automatic/Defend)
CB - I. Toraman (Central Defender/Cover)
CB - C. Cuellar (Central Defender/Stopper)
CM - N. Matic (Advanced Midfield/Attack)
CM - Hernanes (Deep Lying Playmaker/Support)
AMC - E. Hazard (Trequartista)
ST - A. Krameric (Target Striker/Supprt)
ST - M. Zarate (Inside Forward Left/Support)
ST - S. Floccari (Poacher)
---------------------
S1 - F. Muslera
S2 - M. Troest
S3 - M. Bilic
S4 - T. Rosicky
S5 - G. Barreto
S6 - V. Obinna
S7 - Thiago Neves

Anyways...the real reason for posting was so I could ask JP or Mr. Hough for some advice as to what roles I should assign for Zarate, Hazard, Kramaric, Matic, and Floccari/Bilic. Kramaric has been outstanding so far, scoring 3 goals in 3 matches with a 7.12 match rating.

Hey thx for the reply on the arsenal tactics. I just need one more thing which is the sub striker. What role should i use for chamakh, bendtner and vela?

Depends what patch you're on. Assuming you're using a Summer Update, I'd probably go for Chamakh. I recommend loaning Vela out, tbh.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Having some problems with Manchester United at the moment. Enjoy easy success with my Chelsea save [4-1-2-1-2] and my Manchester City save [4-2-3-1] but I'm really hitting the wall here.

I've been using Clough's standard 4-4-2 and dominated my pre-season fixtures around 4-0, 6-1, etc. But then hit the regular season and now find it increasingly difficult to win matches.

Last 8 matches
Chelsea 3 - 2 United
Chelsea 3 - 0 United
United 1 - 1 Sunderland
Man City 0 - 0 United
Wolves 1 - 0 United
United 2 - 2 Everton
West Ham 1 - 0 United
United 0 - 3 Aston Villa

You can see I had heavy defeats against Chelsea and Villa and lost to Wolves away. It's really difficult. Current line-up is as follows:

van der Sar​

Rafael - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra​

Valencia - Fletcher - Scholes - Nani​

Rooney - Berbatov​

Haven't made any changes to the tactic at all. Rooney plays as complete forward and Berbatov as poacher. My midfielders are all set to Support as well as my full backs and the center backs are defending. I find most of my games, long ranged shots are taken even when I try to work the ball into the box to get it finished into goal. Nothing seems to be happening with me. Wondering if anyone else can offer help or point me in the direction of a strong 4-4-2 I can use.​

I prefer to play without a defensive midfielder and want to try and keep it as realistic as possible as to how United plays in real life.​

If you want to keep it fairly realistic, and slightly resemble how United play in reall life, and still be successful, I recommend a 4-5-1.

van der Sar

Rafael - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra

Carrick/Hargreaves

Scholes - Fletcher

Valencia.................-....................Nani

Rooney

van der Sar - Goalkeeper - Defend
Rafael - Full Back - Support
Vidic - Centre Back - Defend
Ferdinand - Centre Back - Defend
Evra - Full Back - Support
Carrick/Hargreaves - Defensive Midfield - Defend
Scholes - Advanced Playmaker - Support
Fletcher - Box-to-Box Midfielder - Support
Valencia - Winger - Attack
Nani - Winger - Attack
Rooney - Complete Forward - Attack

I'm a huge fan of a defensive midfielder, as are you, and it just seems to sure the game up and give you the extra possession. When you've got a striker that is good enough to play the Complete Forward role as well as Rooney, then this formation works a treat.​

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Need some help here lads.
I am in october in my third season with wolves and after a fairly succesful season last season (5th in prem) and buying players i thought would slot in nicely together, it just hasn't kicked off like i thought it would.

This may have to do with a few of my top performers from last season being courted by top clubs, but in the event that it isn't, here are my players etc:

Ustari
Garics Burdisso Upson Diego Renan

Annan
Ekdal Sissoko

Kightly Vela
Lukaku

Bench

Hennesy
Delafiore
Stearman
Keita(on loan from barca, toss up between him and ekdal for the cm spot)
Jan Polak
Coentrao
Keirrison(on loan from barca)

Interested in any opinions of how to make this team play. All the players are very talented, just haven't clicked together this season

I reckon that you should try a 4-2-2-2. Haven't actually used this formation alot, but I'm pretty sure this is the best variation. 5 defend, 4 attack, 2 support.

Ustari

Garics - Burdisso - Upson - Renan

Annan - Sissoko

Kightly..............-............Sissoko

Lukaku - Vela
Ustari - Goalkeeper - Defend
Garics - Full Back - Support
Burdisso - Centre Back - Defend
Upson - Centre Back - Defend
Renan - Full Back - Support
Annan - Defensive Midfield - Defend
Sissoko - Deep Lying Playmaker - Defend
Kightly - Winger - Attack
Contrao - Winger - Attack
Lukaku - Target Man - Attack
Vela - Advanced Forward - Attack

Friedel​

Beye - Davies - Dunne - Warnock​

Milner - Petrov - Witsel - Young​

Agbonlahor - Carew​

Friedel - Goalkeeper - Defend
Beye - Full Back - Support
Davies - Centre Back - Defend
Dunne - Centre Back - Defend
Warnock - Full Back - Support
Milner - Winger - Support
Petrov - Box-to-Box Midfielder - Support
Witsel - Advanced Playmaker - Support
Young - Winger - Support
Agbonlahor - Advanced Forward - Attack
Carew - Target Man - Attack​

That should really work. I also recommend spending your £8m on a right back. Kromkamp, Hutton, Arbeloa and Zuiverloon are all good options.​

Thanks mate, i'll try the tactic now. But i just splashed the cash on Hernanes and he is my highest rating payer along with Young. How could i use him in my team, and any specific player or team instructions i should use??
And possibly Agbonlahor as poacher??
Thanks mate :)

Last edited:
Thanks mate, i'll try the tactic now. But i just splashed the cash on Hernanes and he is my highest rating payer along with Young. How could i use him in my team, and any specific player or team instructions i should use??
And possibly Agbonlahor as poacher??
Thanks mate :)

You could use either Petrov or Witsel in DM, with Hernanes at CAM, or just stick with the 4-4-2 with Hernanes in one of the CM spots.

As for Agbonlahor, I recommend Advanced Striker. It suits him perfectly.

^^)
You could use either Petrov or Witsel in DM, with Hernanes at CAM, or just stick with the 4-4-2 with Hernanes in one of the CM spots.

As for Agbonlahor, I recommend Advanced Striker. It suits him perfectly.

Thanks for the advice mate. I think i'll stick hernanes in Cm as its his natural position, and am gonna keep playin Gabby as a poacher, he now has 23 in 28!!
Ure advice was great and things are beggining to pick up, now 8th in the league and thumped HSV 3-0 away in the first knockout round. Hutton and Sanogo (sp?) have agreed to come next window.

Thanks a lot mate :)

Now that I have a chance to use my saved game as a reference, I will post screens of my team. Take a look at it and give me some feedback. I just had a scoreless tie against AC Milan at home. Currently sitting in the second place with 47 points, right behind AC Milan, and followed by Inter, and Fiorentina.

I got drawn against Liverpool in the first knockout round of UEFA Champions League.

Team:
View attachment 101437

Table:
View attachment 101438

A few of my prized players:
View attachment 101439
View attachment 101440
View attachment 101441

here
i keep losing with quality players

click the link to see my players

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1541/78120485.jpg

I manager man utd

i prefer an attacking formation
Well you have obviously just threw together a team of your favorite players, doesn't matter how good they are they will need time to gel into a team.

These do work and will work for you, don't expect to win every game though, football isn't like that.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2365

Last edited:
Still with the Villa mate but keep shipping goals in the league and cant keep a clean sheet. different story in europe tho, where we only conceded 1 goal in 8 matches. Any advice??
Cheers

I recommend sticking either Petrov or Witsel into the DM slot then, with Hernanes at CAM.

Cardiff City, I need one to get me promoted and I need one for premier league survival

I am having a bit of trouble with getting my team to perform. I am in the first season and in second place 5 points behind Genoa, but the problem is I have let in tons of goals. I have lost 4-0 to Inter and 3-0 away to Catania, I have hardly had a clean sheet so far which is poor and costing me games.

What tactic do you suggest I use?

Thanks

I am having a bit of trouble with getting my team to perform. I am in the first season and in second place 5 points behind Genoa, but the problem is I have let in tons of goals. I have lost 4-0 to Inter and 3-0 away to Catania, I have hardly had a clean sheet so far which is poor and costing me games.

What tactic do you suggest I use?

Thanks

Im using this with AC Milan, going very nicely.

hey ive just started as cardiff city manager which is a big task 2 me as im used 2 managing in the prem heres a screenshot of my team i need a tactic 2 get me 2 the premier league help is appreciated :D

i am hartlepool united in league 1 and the media prediction is 18th but i want to get to a minimum of mid table so anyone know a great tactic for this job?

Back