Wigan 6th season

Just bought Kameni as a replacement for Kirkland as I approached to sign Akinfeev for a compensation fee of 5.5 mill the following January. Need time for Aboagye to fit in (regen whom I bought then afterwards found out his PA was 197). Also looking to bring in like 3/4 other regens in upcoming seasons. Anyhow I concede too many goals and appear to score too many (if thats possible) in comparison to the rest of the league. This tactic is based on a 4-3-3 tactic I found on here once. Any idea how to keep the amount of goals but reduce the amount conceded? Bar buying new defenders (which I've already done/planned for with regens). *Dont get me wrong this tactic works fine, came 1st last season and came 1st in the 2nd season*

if it aint broke dont fix it i say.

if you really want to change it, have you tried using the Nike defence?

Well, as ManU playing 4-4-2 diamond, I finally decided that I don't want Ozil to mostly go and try to put in crosses from the byline, no matter how good his crossing is. I want him to instead go towards the goal and try killer crosses or through balls to Rooney/Berbatov with his high crossing/passing/creativity/flair/decisions.

How I have a doubt about the wide play option. Which one would better for this style of playing - 'cut inside' or 'move into channels'. I don't really understand the difference between the two :(

Well, as ManU playing 4-4-2 diamond, I finally decided that I don't want Ozil to mostly go and try to put in crosses from the byline, no matter how good his crossing is. I want him to instead go towards the goal and try killer crosses or through balls to Rooney/Berbatov with his high crossing/passing/creativity/flair/decisions.

How I have a doubt about the wide play option. Which one would better for this style of playing - 'cut inside' or 'move into channels'. I don't really understand the difference between the two :(

Move into channels - This movement is without the ball - Makes him do just that. It can be by drifting out wide or simply go into the box.

Cut inside - Movement with the ball - makes him cut inside whilst running with the ball. IN my opinion, in option best used for AMR/L, playing with right foot on right flank and left foot on left flank.

One thing to consider is also the roaming of the players and how it has effect on the wide play. The roaming or free role makes the player look for free space to move into. If giving your AMC a free role, he can often drift into AMR and AML and THEN the move into channels can be a really good way of making him move into the box from wide.

The same way, giving your AMR/L a free role and move into channels might actually makes him look for space inside/AMC) and then drift wide again. This way, he will still end up by the byline but by using this movement, he has confused his marker and perhaps the AI s DC and defensive midfielder and dragged them out of position too. :D

I am having a bit of trouble with getting my team to perform. I am in the first season and in second place 5 points behind Genoa, but the problem is I have let in tons of goals. I have lost 4-0 to Inter and 3-0 away to Catania, I have hardly had a clean sheet so far which is poor and costing me games.

What tactic do you suggest I use?

Thanks

I used an counter tactic wich worked very well for me in lazio

2wbsr6c.png

This is my player list and my current tactic. How would you play these players? Should this tactic be good?

I dont wanna say that this is the best tactic ever but at least this tactic made me won several trophies.

I originally use John Cro tactic at http://www.mediafire.com/?djzn2mqevxw but i found out that it'll give away too much possession.

So using the same tactic, i change one of the striker become a defensive midfielder. I also put a normal defensive line and set my fullback to cross all the time.

Hint : the mid fielders should be tall or good in air to win the ball. Good passers are better.

so give this tactic a try. Again, i dont say this is the best tactic ever so dont blame me if it doesnt work for your team.cheers.

Move into channels - This movement is without the ball - Makes him do just that. It can be by drifting out wide or simply go into the box.

Cut inside - Movement with the ball - makes him cut inside whilst running with the ball. IN my opinion, in option best used for AMR/L, playing with right foot on right flank and left foot on left flank.

One thing to consider is also the roaming of the players and how it has effect on the wide play. The roaming or free role makes the player look for free space to move into. If giving your AMC a free role, he can often drift into AMR and AML and THEN the move into channels can be a really good way of making him move into the box from wide.

The same way, giving your AMR/L a free role and move into channels might actually makes him look for space inside/AMC) and then drift wide again. This way, he will still end up by the byline but by using this movement, he has confused his marker and perhaps the AI s DC and defensive midfielder and dragged them out of position too. :D

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I will try to put these into practical use.:)

I just remembered something though - in my last season as Portsmouth (won the EPL!), my most explosive striker whom I used as a very successful poacher - Vagner Love - had the PPM 'likes to cut inside' or something similar. Would that make him go out wide and then try to turn sharply towards the box. Is that because of the PPM or just normal movement for a fast striker? Rooney tends to just move straight towards the box.

Yer it means if hes outwide he will always try to cut inside instead of attacking the byline and crossing because its his perferred move just like Robben likes to always cut inside. The usual move for a striker is to move into channels to make it harder for defenders to mark and to get on the end of through balls etc.

Yer it means if hes outwide he will always try to cut inside instead of attacking the byline and crossing because its his perferred move just like Robben likes to always cut inside. The usual move for a striker is to move into channels to make it harder for defenders to mark and to get on the end of through balls etc.

Thanks for making that clear :)

I'm struggling with Burton Albion, I've not made any changes to the club. I'll get a lucky draw and a ****** an odd win. But now I'm just suffering from too many loss and I'm wondering if anyone could suggest a decent goal-scoring tactic for Burton's team.

Depends what patch you're on. Assuming you're using a Summer Update, I'd probably go for Chamakh. I recommend loaning Vela out, tbh.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

If you want to keep it fairly realistic, and slightly resemble how United play in reall life, and still be successful, I recommend a 4-5-1.

van der Sar

Rafael - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra

Carrick/Hargreaves

Scholes - Fletcher

Valencia.................-....................Nani

Rooney

van der Sar - Goalkeeper - Defend
Rafael - Full Back - Support
Vidic - Centre Back - Defend
Ferdinand - Centre Back - Defend
Evra - Full Back - Support
Carrick/Hargreaves - Defensive Midfield - Defend
Scholes - Advanced Playmaker - Support
Fletcher - Box-to-Box Midfielder - Support
Valencia - Winger - Attack
Nani - Winger - Attack
Rooney - Complete Forward - Attack

I'm a huge fan of a defensive midfielder, as are you, and it just seems to sure the game up and give you the extra possession. When you've got a striker that is good enough to play the Complete Forward role as well as Rooney, then this formation works a treat.​

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

I reckon that you should try a 4-2-2-2. Haven't actually used this formation alot, but I'm pretty sure this is the best variation. 5 defend, 4 attack, 2 support.

Ustari

Garics - Burdisso - Upson - Renan

Annan - Sissoko

Kightly..............-............Sissoko

Lukaku - Vela
Ustari - Goalkeeper - Defend
Garics - Full Back - Support
Burdisso - Centre Back - Defend
Upson - Centre Back - Defend
Renan - Full Back - Support
Annan - Defensive Midfield - Defend
Sissoko - Deep Lying Playmaker - Defend
Kightly - Winger - Attack
Contrao - Winger - Attack
Lukaku - Target Man - Attack
Vela - Advanced Forward - Attack
forgot to mention that the sissoko in my wolves team is moussa sissoko the toulouse player, if that makes any difference

Im currently managing Tottenham and am wondering what formation to use out of 3, they are: 4-5-1, 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-2-2-2. I have print screened each formation with what my assistant says is the best players for each postion. I would like to know what formation you think is best to use and what player roles/duties you think are best for the players that have been selected for that formation.

Im currently managing Tottenham and am wondering what formation to use out of 3, they are: 4-5-1, 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-2-2-2. I have print screened each formation with what my assistant says is the best players for each postion. I would like to know what formation you think is best to use and what player roles/duties you think are best for the players that have been selected for that formation.

I would say 4-4-2 flat or 4-2-4 mate, because you are wasting Lennon's talent in the wing, also, Luka MOdric plays very well in AML role :)

I would say 4-4-2 flat or 4-2-4 mate, because you are wasting Lennon's talent in the wing, also, Luka MOdric plays very well in AML role :)

Alright then, kool. Ill give them formations a go... but what player roles/duties for each position in the formation??

4-2-4 - Modric as AML, set him as Advanced Playmaker attack. Lennon as a winger . Sandro and Hudlestone, first one as a anchor man if you want to play him in a DM role and Hud as a Deep lying playmaker defend . Defoe as Poacher or Advanced Foward

but for the things you asked me, ask in here in the future, related to positions and roles ok mate ? http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/what-roles-and-dutys-best-suit-my-players-t24028.html

4-2-4 - Modric as AML, set him as Advanced Playmaker attack. Lennon as a winger . Sandro and Hudlestone, first one as a anchor man if you want to play him in a DM role and Hud as a Deep lying playmaker defend . Defoe as Poacher or Advanced Foward

but for the things you asked me, ask in here in the future, related to positions and roles ok mate ? http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/what-roles-and-dutys-best-suit-my-players-t24028.html

Im confused as to how the formation will look... will it look like this...

Defoe ............

Modric.................................................Lennon

Sandro.........Huddlestone

Bale.....Kaboul..........Gallas...........Hutton

Gomes

??????????

Who would the other striker be?

Im confused as to how the formation will look... will it look like this...

Defoe ............

Modric.................................................Lennon

Sandro.........Huddlestone

Bale.....Kaboul..........Gallas...........Hutton

Gomes

??????????

Who would the other striker be?

check Markoseke formation mate, like that !